As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

40 Years of Weird Al

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    the age range at al's shows really is inspiring

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
  • Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Boooo, tour dates not getting announced till Feb 23

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Glad he's doing a second tour leg. My finances were in question at the time when he came to town in 2015, so I couldn't justify a ticket.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
  • Options
    Two shows at the Woodland Park Zoo? Neat!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Hmm. Greensboro 6/18 show is open-air. Given what happened in Raleigh last year I might be a little gun-shy about that.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited February 2016
    Ugh, 4 shows in North Carolina and not a single one in Chicago (moving from NC to Chicago in June so missing out on the fun :bigfrown: )

Also, what happened in Raleigh?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The Raleigh show last year was at Koka Booth and was cut short due to rain. :\

Although that might explain why there are 4 NC shows on this leg.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    There are shows all around my location, but not actually in my location. Damnit.

sig.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Oh god I totally forgot Drew Carey was in the Pentiums video.

• Options
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Sssshhhiiiiit I want that real bad.

• Options
    I kinda want the vinyl just to be pretentious but I'll probably just get the CDs.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    from the collection of unreleased stuff in squeezebox, a previously unreleased song Al record back in 1981, before he'd gotten his first record deal

https://youtu.be/N5z58BS5eo0

• Options
    Ordered it today!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    Al did a pretty good unboxing video today of Squeeze Box.
    I think you have to have already bought it to watch though? Or something. I don't understand these newfangled not-a-store stores.

mkc.png
  • Options
    You pre order and then it comes out later. I think there was indication that there may not be many made beyond the count that pre ordered.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Wish I had the money to get one. Curse my wife and her mandatory eye surgery that will better her life in every way!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    Wish I had the money to get one. Curse my wife and her mandatory eye surgery that will better her life in every way!

How incredibly selfish of her.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yup, only costs 30k.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Hey would anybody in this thread be interested in this?
    22491470_10155536575906005_5239119970592500997_n.jpg?oh=3c1dd0ffeb82446f2142021eeed23b1e&oe=5A83BA21
    In case you haven’t heard the rumors… THIS WILL NOT BE OUR NORMAL KIND OF TOUR. I decided we should try something different, just for a change of pace. So next year we’re scaling way, way back. No costumes, no props, no video screens, no computer servers. We’re just going to walk out on stage, sit down on stools, and play a bunch of old songs. Oh, and we’re going to be performing almost exclusively originals (i.e. not parodies). The deep cuts and obscure tracks. The songs that were never hits. The ones you barely remember.

Dates to be announced tomorrow morning at weirdal.com

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'd see that

Al puts on a great show, but I can appreciate something different and a no-parodies show sounds worth a try

fingers crossed for Hardware Store. I assume Horoscope song is guaranteed

• Options
    Yeah I've seen him live four times now and while the show is always great it is also kind of the same*. This will be a fun change of pace.

*Ignoring the fact that the last two times were literally the same because they were different legs of the same tour.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that sounds alright. Curious to see what he considers the deep cuts to be, and the ones he still likes enough to play for a few months straight.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    a5ehren wrote: »
    Yeah, that sounds alright. Curious to see what he considers the deep cuts to be, and the ones he still likes enough to play for a few months straight.

In the FB post he said that the looser format allows him to change setlists nightly. Might be worth catching multiple shows.

EDIT:
    Because all my concerts in the past were so highly produced, they needed to be rigidly planned down to the SECOND, and therefore the shows were virtually identical from one city to the next. But since this tour is unencumbered by theatrics, we have a lot more flexibility. So… EVERY SINGLE SHOW WILL BE DIFFERENT. We’re going deep into the catalogue and mixing up the set list every night. This show will be loose, unpredictable, and maybe a little sloppy – we’ll be making it up as we go along.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    Lou29Lou29 Registered User regular
    I would love to hear I Remember Larry live! Favorite non-parody, easily.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    And then Scott Aukerman comes out of nowhere

• Options
    Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    I am infinitely excited for that tour

• Options
    This is a tour that is very much for me.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Man... Nothing closer to NC than DC or Atlanta? Here's hoping for some post-June dates down the road.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I could finally hear a stripped down live version of "You Don't Love Me Anymore"

• Options
    Looking at the tour dates again, I notice nothing in Florida so there's definitely more coming in the future.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Really wanna hear Dog Eat Dog live

• Options
    Got my tickets.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    He's actually hitting up NYC this time, which he basically never does for.....reasons (seems like he always hits upstate or Long Island or Jersey). It's not what a normal Weird Al show is expected to be, but I do like me some Weird Al, so I'll probably get tickets to this tour. I didn't see prices on the website, though, only the price for the VIP packages, so I guess it depends on what I can afford to buy. Also, I guess regular people ticket sales don't start till Friday?

edit: He's playing the Apollo Theater, which is actually a pretty nice place. I saw Conan there last year (after missing out on seeing Late Night all those years he was still in NYC because I would have been a child, of course.)

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00