As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[pa comic] Monday, June 16th, 2014 - Builder of Worlds

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2014 in The Penny Arcade Hub
Sterica on

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think we were all hoping there'd be at least one more strip with Gabbie and Tyche before going back to routine.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Actually, he's said it is going to be entirely random. We'll never know when or what to expect!

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    TheECPTheECP Registered User regular
    Aww they have penises again.

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So I guess The Dragon Ships of Tycho is an actual thing.
    And that really IS the question which lies at the very heart of the setting!

AkimboEG on
    Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Requiem for a Druid is a fucking hilarious title.

• Options
    NeuroskepticNeuroskeptic Registered User regular
    AkimboEG wrote: »
    So I guess The Dragon Ships of Tycho is an actual thing.
    And that really IS the question which lies at the very heart of the setting!
    It actually is. This is an uncanny resemblance.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I'm saddened to admit that "Videogames! Come back!" would probably work as a means of recapturing my attention.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    Has anyone read the book they mention? Saw it at B&N the other day...

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Third panel Tycho face is... unsettling.

• Options
    TFXRavenTFXRaven Galactic Emperor Phoenix, AZRegistered User regular
    Console Wars is merely an okay book.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    yeah, Ive heard it's ok at best.
    there are several nonfiction history of games books that tell the same story without invented details

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    So I've heard of this book but this is the first time I've heard about it being dramatized or jazzed up with invented elements. What's the deal with that? Are there like, teams of Nintendo and Saga corporate espionage ninjas having swordfights?

Gaslight on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    TheECP wrote: »
    Aww they have penises again.

as far as we know

have you, ah, gone out into the park and pulled up the Gabeosaurs' skirts?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    @Gaslight

http://www.avclub.com/review/nintendo-vs-sega-drama-console-wars-good-story-poo-204737
    Console Wars opens with an author’s note that explains, “In certain situations, details of settings and description have been altered, reconstructed, or imagined,” and goes on to reveal that “most of the dialogue in this book has been re-created.” These are the first warning signs of what proves to be a good story poorly told.
    Alas, Console Wars goes beyond the facts, and many chapters are built around scenes of conversation that Harris made up. The book follows the lead of quasi-historical accounts like The Devil In The White City, which similarly augments historical research with imagined details. It’s odd and regrettable that Harris would choose an approach that involves so much fabrication when most of the people involved in his story are still alive—and spoke with him for this book.