Options

[Superhero Movies] Who IS this mysterious masked man?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    TWTD01.prev.jpg

how's that again?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Fraction having a new book just reminds me about Hawkeye and get's me sad

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    TWTD01.prev.jpg

how's that again?

I can't work out what's happening to Wiccan in those four panels??

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    TWTD01.prev.jpg

how's that again?

I can't work out what's happening to Wiccan in those four panels??

Oh come on

I'm not an art connoisseur but that's just being silly

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I was being facetious :)

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    McKelvie is great

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I'll pass due to McKelvieface
    The problem is they all look the same

You're thinking of Steve Dillon

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Second to last day of my vacation and I'm standing in line to get my copy of WicDiv signed by Gillen/McKelvie. Gooooooood times.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Second to last day of my vacation and I'm standing in line to get my copy of WicDiv signed by Gillen/McKelvie. Gooooooood times.

so

jealous

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Original Sin had all of the secret teams meet up and it was fantastic
    Bucky and Frank Castle stand off, with Bucky fuckin throwin hardballs. "I'm not some corner drug pusher, Castle. And I'm not afraid of a man who can't protect his own children."

And yhen Rocket shows up and he and Frank get into a stand-off

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh man

After introducing the new Chinese superteam, Avengers World introduces a new Euroforce led by Black Knight so I am basically in love

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Fuck yes

Black Knight is a character I'm always upset doesn't get more time

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Hell yeah

I have always been a huge fan of Dane Whitman

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I wasn't really going to pick up WicDiv right away, but the buzz was pretty strong so I figured why not?

Yeah, yeah okay color me intrigued. Now to cull my pull list to squeeze this in.
    oh man, setting up Lucifer as a patsy? This is going to go places.

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    So who wants to see what Shredder looks like from TMNT?
    97IhUqn.png

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    Uggggh

Marvel is cancelling Ultimate FF and people are jumping on it going THE RUMORS ARE TRUE F4 IS DEAD MARVEL RABBLE RABBLE

When in reality UFF sold like shit, from the very first issue, and the team was composed of Sue Storm, Tony Stark, Falcon, Danny Ketch, Phil Coulson and Dr. Doom.

Most of the team weren't even F4 characters

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    97IhUqn.png

Huh.

I mean, that sure looks like a guy called Shredder.

• Options
    Looks like a movie Decepticon

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Hoping thats a "supershredder" style thing

Didn't we see some shredder armor earlier in the production that was way more understated?

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    97IhUqn.png

Welp, fuck that movie.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    My general dislike of McKelvie's art is actually down to colouring, a lot of time

there are a lot of big, flat planes in his work with flat colours in them

All those faces are flat colour/shaded flat colour. The lines are very smooth and defined.

it's an artistic style I can understand people liking and he's clearly very technically competent but it's, what, too dry for me?

I prefer artists like Opena, Ribic and Rocafort who have a lovely wet, fluid style with lots of shading and glistening surfaces. I don't think McKelvie could ever draw a convincing jungle scene, for example, it would all look to plasticky to me.

At it's worst it reminds me of those aeroplane safety diagrams, at it's best it's merely uninspiring

Solar on
  • Options
    Solar wrote: »
    My general dislike of McKelvie's art is actually down to colouring, a lot of time

there are a lot of big, flat planes in his work with flat colours in them

All those faces are flat colour/shaded flat colour. The lines are very smooth and defined.

it's an artistic style I can understand people liking and he's clearly very technically competent but it's, what, too dry for me?

I prefer artists like Opena, Ribic and Rocafort who have a lovely wet, fluid style with lots of shading and glistening surfaces. I don't think McKelvie could ever draw a convincing jungle scene, for example, it would all look to plasticky to me.

At it's worst it reminds me of those aeroplane safety diagrams, at it's best it's merely uninspiring

you know he doesn't do his own colouring, right?

you're basically saying you don't like Jamie McKelvie's art because he works with Matt Wilson a lot

• Options
    That's a fair point but I do feel that his art definitely encourages that style of colouring

The faces posted in this thread, for example, don't have a lot of linework, there's a lot of empty space, there's a lot of flat planes to put those flat colours on. It's definitely drawn with that colouring style in mind, I think, else McKelvie wouldn't want to work with Wilson a lot.

• Options
    I mean I'm not saying I won't read something with McKelvie art but it is definitely something that will put me off

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    Some days I still can't get over how much I enjoyed young justice and how sad it makes me that it'll never be revived. At least it got me into blue beetle!

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Uggggh

Marvel is cancelling Ultimate FF and people are jumping on it going THE RUMORS ARE TRUE F4 IS DEAD MARVEL RABBLE RABBLE

When in reality UFF sold like shit, from the very first issue, and the team was composed of Sue Storm, Tony Stark, Falcon, Danny Ketch, Phil Coulson and Dr. Doom.

Most of the team weren't even F4 characters

The art was also terrrrrrible.

• Options
    Don't like how the shredder looks

Don't like that splinter is a white dude

Like literally everything else in that trailer

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I wouldn't be looking forward to TMNT except that I've felt like every line that has come out of the turtles themselves, and splinter's speech, has been true to the characters

Chincymcchilla on
  • Options
    I want to see it to see how the guys they got perform in the roles, because I really like the vibe I get from the guy playing Mike.

But basically I have given up on liking anything in the plot or having to do with backstory.

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »
    I want to see it to see how the guys they got perform in the roles, because I really like the vibe I get from the guy playing Mike.

But basically I have given up on liking anything in the plot or having to do with backstory.

The plot has always been pretty ancillary other than their origins

Its about the turtles, their family, and how they interact, and as long as they nail that it'll be fine

• Options

The plot has always been pretty ancillary other than their origins

Its about the turtles, their family, and how they interact, and as long as they nail that it'll be fine

I will probably still hate most of it.

But if anything has kept me interested, it has been the little snippets of performance we've gotten of the actual turtles.

• Options
    Fair enough

Watching the first Turtles movie reminds me that this really isn't that hard to pull off

just don't fuck up the turtles themselves and I'll like it

This is also why I'm really excited about a power rangers reboot

Because as a dude who's watched nearly every season of power rangers

The plot and characters don't matter at aaaaaalllllll

Its the best excuse hollywood has ever had to just vomit explosions all over the screen and make me happy

• Options
    I just have this idea of what the Turtles should be in my head

and every time somebody doesn't do that I get a little crankier.

And this looks like it's dumping literally everything backstory wise about the Turtles that I thought was really cool out the window, basically.

• Options

And this looks like it's dumping literally everything backstory wise about the Turtles that I thought was really cool out the window, basically.

To be fair dude

Your interpretation of the turtles as an immigrant story is something that has never been a pillar of the mythos

It's sometimes touched on but only very rarely

Have you checked out the new cartoon because that might be what you want

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Yikes, I really need to have read all of Remender's UXF before reading UA after the Red Skull stuff.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    The new cartoon is EXACTLY the TMNT that I want but the jerks won't release season sets on blu-ray.

• Options

To be fair dude

Your interpretation of the turtles as an immigrant story is something that has never been a pillar of the mythos

I know.

It's just so Goddamned obvious.

I did really like the new Cartoon a lot, it's fun and the Turtles are all really great.

It's just aimed at the wrong age group.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Also that new TMNT trailer looked good.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options

To be fair dude

I know.

It's just so Goddamned obvious.

I did really like the new Cartoon a lot, it's fun and the Turtles are all really great.

It's just aimed at the wrong age group.

I think it might be the first time the turtles use japanese?

This discussion has been closed.