Options

[Superhero Movies] Who IS this mysterious masked man?

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    so is her name kate mara or rooney mara

because she's billed as kate mara in house of cards but that article has her as rooney mara?

get it together, mara

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    so is her name kate mara or rooney mara

because she's billed as kate mara in house of cards but that article has her as rooney mara?

get it together, mara

those are different people

• Options
    I think gosling could maybe do a good danny rand

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Michael Cera as Danny Rand. Scott Pilgrim escaped Canada, changed his name, and became The Iron Fist

• Options
    take his hair and body from Pines, make him actually talk out loud in a less weird voice if possible , i think gosling could do it. impossible, but i'd like to see it

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I still think Danny should be white

I am all for casting minority actors for characters like Johnny Storm or Peter Parker

But Danny being a millionaire blonde blue eyed white dude is pretty important character. He is meant to be an outsider in K'un L'un, and being the only white dude there is fantastic visual shorthand

And his contrast with Cage is, like, half of what makes them great. No-Nonsense Brash black dude from Harlem who fights for his neighbors block by block with a space cadet white dude kung fu billionaire who is more comfortable meditating on a mountain than walking through Times Square.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    It's always awkward for me because us white people have an excessively bad history of how we portray ourselves as outsiders in new lands.

Rand has been better about this than some but the most basic character outline still evokes a lot of bad fundamental ideas and anything to get away from that is a net positive.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    If the Netflix series play more towards Iron Fist and Luke Cage teaming up then he has to be a white guy who's out of place and doesn't really understand life on the streets. The whole aspect of their team up is playing into the white savior myth and showing how it's not realistic. Even though Rand is trying to be a good guy.

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Please be Tom Hardy please be Tom Hardy please be Tom Hardy

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Man, I don't know why

But Blasterforth Cukuerbotch is the just about the last dude I'd want playing Doctor Strange

I guess it's maybe because it feels so much like an internet fancasting

That being said I'm sure he'd do fine, he's definitely a pretty good actor

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Just imagine if he gets the role and Avengers 4 (or Thor 3) will feature him squaring off against Tom Hiddleston. Tumblr the entire website would weep.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    man I don't like any of those choices

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Just imagine if he gets the role and Avengers 4 (or Thor 3) will feature him squaring off against Tom Hiddleston. Tumblr the entire website would orgasm in their pants and crash the internet with their slashfic.

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Just imagine if he gets the role and Avengers 4 (or Thor 3) will feature him squaring off against Tom Hiddleston. Tumblr the entire website would weep.

Could you imagine Hardy and Hiddleston in fully costume just running around like crazed children on set. Would instantly become the two most requested make a wish requests (well right after John Cena. Seriously don't know how that guy has time to wrestle and grant all those wishes).

• Options
    okay kate mara is rooney mara's sister, but also kate mara is playing sue storm, not rooney mara

this all checks out

except for the part where who the hell is called "rooney"

• Options
    Several people!

Not a super uncommon name

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I still want to see Wrecking Crew in a movie.

Mickey Roarke as The Wrecker
    Terry Crews as Thunderball
    WWE Ryback as Piledriver

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    reimagine the iron fist as a disembodied floating fist, made out of iron, voiced by chris rock

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Several people!

Rooney Mara is literally the only Rooney I've ever heard of

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    "Wrote a first draft of Prometheus" does not fill me with confidence

• Options
    Several people!

Rooney Mara is literally the only Rooney I've ever heard of
    http://youtu.be/IhTP3lj8ulM

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Of I remember right the problems with Prometheus' script happened when Damon Lindelof came on board

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

First draft of Prometheus apparently tied into the Aliens mythos less and was more it's own thing. Even then a lot of the random shitty parts that don't make sense in the final movie are because of a hackjob edit rather than the script.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    You know what just struck me as the biggest break of my suspension of disbleif about the Ninja Turtles?

It's not that they mutant humanoid turtles.

It's not that they were trained to be ninjas by a mutated rat.

It's not that they fight ninjas called "the foot" lead by a man called "the Shredder"

It's not that Shredder teams up with a brain monster from another dimension.

It's that they live in the sewer. TMNT was the coolest thing when I was a wee lad... but they live in fuckin' sewers! That is the opposite of cool! There's poo down there! I mean, it's literally and figuratively shitty. Even if the turtles get used to the smell (and don't catch some horrible disease) what about all their allies? Do April or Casey Jones just politely not mention that the Turtles smell like they live in a sewer? Hell, that's got to make it hard to keep their lair a secret. Someone would probably catch on after the 10th mugger described the vigilantes as smelling "like a truck stop restroom during a buy-one, get-one-free sale at the Taco Bell."

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Rewatching Into Darkness still

Y'know I think Beetleborg Cucamunga could actually be pretty good as Strange

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    If we get him in a superhero movie, I want him to voice Doom.

Just, you know, in a good Fantastic Four movie; not whatever abomination that Fox is cooking up.

• Options
    FeriluceFeriluce Adrift on the morning star. Aberdeen, WARegistered User regular
    You know what just struck me as the biggest break of my suspension of disbleif about the Ninja Turtles?

It's not that they mutant humanoid turtles.

It's not that they were trained to be ninjas by a mutated rat.

It's not that they fight ninjas called "the foot" lead by a man called "the Shredder"

It's not that Shredder teams up with a brain monster from another dimension.

It's that they live in the sewer. TMNT was the coolest thing when I was a wee lad... but they live in fuckin' sewers! That is the opposite of cool! There's poo down there! I mean, it's literally and figuratively shitty. Even if the turtles get used to the smell (and don't catch some horrible disease) what about all their allies? Do April or Casey Jones just politely not mention that the Turtles smell like they live in a sewer? Hell, that's got to make it hard to keep their lair a secret. Someone would probably catch on after the 10th mugger described the vigilantes as smelling "like a truck stop restroom during a buy-one, get-one-free sale at the Taco Bell."

I haven't seen the newest cartoon, but don't they live in an abandoned train tunnel now? Which is cool. Their turtle van is a modified train car that still has the train wheels so it can ride on rails. Which is cool!

XBox Live= LordFeriluce
    Steam: Feriluce
    Battle.net: Feriluce#1995
  • Options
    Gary Oldman to be Doom. But on the condition they never show him maskless the entire time. I really want Marvel to get Dr. Doom back just cause he would make a great villain for a team up film.

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Isn't Dr. Doom eastern european? Get an Eastern European person to voice him!

• Options
    FAQ wrote: »
    Isn't Dr. Doom eastern european? Get an Eastern European person to voice him!
    I mean

People do accents all the time

I can imagine Bramblepelt could do a decent one and if it is a voice only performance I wouldn't mind at all

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I mean

I assumed if we're talking about a voice only performance from Benedict Cummerbatch it would be him using his regular Benedict Cummberbatch voice

I mean, imean

• Options
    Well his Smaug voice is kinda different

Same accent but he uses a very different tone and speech pattern

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Of I remember right the problems with Prometheus' script happened when Damon Lindelof came on board

Probably half his commentary track for the movie involves him talking about how he cut scenes that either a) established the characters' backstory and essential motivations or 2) set up a scene transition or character arc that comes off as disjointed and incoherent in the actual movie thanks to a lack of context

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    The best Doom voice will always be Simon Pendleton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi86yeXB9pI&feature=kp

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    I'm not questioning whether he's capable of doing it.

I was responding to a post suggesting him, so I think it's natural to assume they meant british voiced, which is boring to me considering the character.

• Options
    who would doom kidnap, kim jong-il style, to play him in the autobiographical movie he makes about himself

• Options
    who would doom kidnap, kim jong-il style, to play him in the autobiographical movie he makes about himself

Daniel Day Lewis...or how ever you spell his name.

• Options
    Reminder that the Mandarin literally did this in Fraction's run and it was amazing

Also, Werner Herzog

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Oh I thought you said direct him

My answer remains the same

CYpGAPn.png
This discussion has been closed.