As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

OLD Steam thread is old. Go find the new one!

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Kerbal is, in fact, THE SHIT. One of the best games in the history of the world, in my probably-not-even-remotely-humble opinion.

It has a few issues (Unity!) but honestly it's so fucking incredible that it barely matters.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So @Unco-ordinated‌ decided to take matters into his own hands, or something of that sort

F3sMJOl.jpg

Wmd3LcW.jpg

9f0ghEl.jpg

Good lord, dude. I surrender.

It's that long because I use it to keep track of things I think might look like fun. I have a pretty shitty memory so i'd forget otherwise. Also I haven't had a job in 2 years so it's kind of piled up.

Thanks again.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Woo! Beat Risk of Rain with the engineer. Final boss? RUN RUN RUN FIRE MISSILES RUN RUN RUN. I had the Nematocyte Nozzle for a use item. That thing is amazing.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Holy crap! I was just getting ready for bed when my phone went nutty with Steam notifications. Thanks @Elin‌ for One Way Heroics and @LadyDustBunny‌ for Flock! They both look awesome and I truly appreciate the thought.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    mlxq2gN.jpg?1

@Radiation made sure to keep my night of emotional gratitude rolling, without having to resort to any random "cheer up" platitudes, which is good because after today I hardly could ask for more help in that department. Thanks!

PS Everybody notice that he says its his last gift of the sale so it might be safe to bomb without fear of retaliation...

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

@Pixelated Pixie‌ didn't seem to like my pointing out that she is closer to the next nearest BIG ROUND NUMBER on the library (seriously, she's only 20 away from 900, giftbomb him peoples!) so this happened. go giftbomb her. She can't retaliate for the rest of the sale!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    85% off Gone Home is NUTS.

...I don't get the psychology behind Steam Sales. I can barely justify spending $5 on games for myself in a month, but as soon as sales come along I start buying gifts for my friends and missus like credit debt ain't no thing. What IS this strange, warm feeling inside me?

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    ruzkin wrote: »
    85% off Gone Home is NUTS.

...I don't get the psychology behind Steam Sales. I can barely justify spending $5 on games for myself in a month, but as soon as sales come along I start buying gifts for my friends and missus like credit debt ain't no thing. What IS this strange, warm feeling inside me?

Dopamine?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    So with @ResIpsaLoquitur deciding on who to give the hours from his donation to, I have reached 24 hours of streaming for the marathon. :( Oh whats that, you don't know whats going on? Let me explain it to you.

During our Charity Drive, we've found that some people feel like they arent donating nearly as much as other people. This is straight bullshit. ALL donations are awesome and amazing and everyone who spares any amount of money to others should be celebrated! So in an effort to do this, people donating $1 to $15 to Childs play are being rewarded! @Berylline @Jeix @Krummith @Smokestacks and myself are all doing marathon runs of up to 24 hours! If you donate $1 to $9.99 you can give any of them (I've already reached 24 hours max) an extra hour to stream! If you donate $10-$15 you can designate 2 hours to any of the 4 remaining marathoners for even more entertainment!

Berylline is at 21.5, Krummith and Jeix are at 12 hours, and Smokestacks is at 15.5 hours of streaming.

@stevemarks44 you have an hour to designate, so message me and let me know who you want to get it. @Jman711 you have 2 hours to designate!

But we're getting close to the cutoff of 10AM Eastern on Friday. With that in mind, ITS BONUS TIME. If you donate $5-$9.99 to your charity, you can designate another half an hour to the streamer of your choice! If you donate $10-$15 you can designate an extra hour! That means 1.5-3 hours of streaming per donation! GET HYPED! (If you've already donated, im sure Childs play wont mind if you decide you'd like to donate again for even more hours!)

So get out there and spread the love! We WANT to stream for 5 days straight (Friday morning to wednesday morning) but we need your help reaching this lofty goal! Also be SURE to @CorriganX and @iolo to make sure we take notice! Thank you so much for reading this guys. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Is it safe to assume from the vote that the cheapest Kerbal is going to get is 40% off?

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Have you guys made any plans for what you're going to be streaming yet?

• Options
    LadyDustBunnyLadyDustBunny Registered User regular
    Holy crap! I was just getting ready for bed when my phone went nutty with Steam notifications. Thanks @Elin‌ for One Way Heroics and @LadyDustBunny‌ for Flock! They both look awesome and I truly appreciate the thought.

Have a great evening! :smile:

steam_sig.png

Origin: DustBunny777
    3DS: 2836-0103-2102
    M1GZYUT.jpg
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Is it safe to assume from the vote that the cheapest Kerbal is going to get is 40% off?

I'd assume so.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    blackwellunbound.jpg

blackwellconvergence.jpg

Godammammammit... @Berylline‌ is a monster disguised as a cute bunny. A MONSTER.

And @Spoit tells lies and falsehoods, all while begging people to help him top the magical 800 game number. So, you know, giftbomb him. And Bery. For reasons.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    I was pewpewing some spaceships when this happened.

QyQlHcl.jpg

Thanks to @Arithon32‌ for dropping Puzzle Quest 2 into my giftbox!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I expect Beyrlline will just put her bunnies on cam for 24 hours and laugh as we all melt over the fluffy cuteness. :smiley:

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Thank you so much to @LadyDustBunny (Lovely name, by the way!) for Thirty Flights of Loving! <3
    3Tz7ZgQ.png

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Also @Kanden you obviously have to go redbox the crap out of LEgo Movie, so you can play that game.
    Or not.
    I mean, that movie was awesome, and you should feel bad for having not watched it.

I actually went to try and find it at the local redbox earlier and it was out, definitely going to watch the movie before I dig into the game, thanks again!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

I haven't locked my schedule down, but I think I'll start with some multiplayer stuff (Hawken, Burnout, etc) and high precision stuff (vvvvvv, Love, Oniken, etc) while I'm fresh and then move toward slower singleplayer/story oriented stuff once I have been in for a while and fatigue starts to affect my reaction times. Or I might save Burnout until later (tired Burnout multiplayer sounds like a recipe for disaster/fun).

Or I might just start playing the first Tomb Raider or Quake or something and keep going in release order and see how many sequels I can beat before I run out of time.

I don't anticipate many people being available in the early morning hours on a weekday though, so I might just blast through some easy stuff until more people are around.

Maybe do hotlaps in Race 07 or Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for a bit while listening to old Mercury Theatre radio shows.

tl;dr - I don't know yet.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Lego Movie's been out for a while, hasn't it?

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    And Spoit tells lies and falsehoods, all while begging people to help him top the magical 800 game number. So, you know, giftbomb him. And Bery. For reasons.

...800 games. My god. I have 57 and don't even know what to do with those.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Even though my attack failed earlier today, @Berylline still decided retaliation was in order. Thanks for Deus Ex: The Fall, I loved this universe, can't wait to see what they did with this spin-off. :heart:

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

I believe 7 days on physical media.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

Yeah, I need to get on seeing that. I've heard such awesome things.

steam_sig.png

M1GZYUT.jpg
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    And another big thanks to @cardboard delusions for Scribblenauts Unmasked! I really enjoyed the first Scribblenauts game, so I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with this one! <3
    pgoLC7H.png

• Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    edited June 2014

@Kid Presentable‌ I have no concrete idea right now.

Possibly something weird.

Krummith on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    How do I make my generic PC joypad read as a 360 joypad? I tried to play Pinball FX and I can't get it to register

and that makes me really really sad

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheUnsane1 wrote: »

Yeah, I need to get on seeing that. I've heard such awesome things.

My girlfriend and I watched it this weekend. It was way more endearing than my original assessment would lead me to believe. Very good movie.

Sale related I think I've gone rogue on public opinion polls or something since I believe I have voted in every vote thus far winning exactly 1 of my choices.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    Many thanks to @Elin for Ghost Master. I tend to avoid games where the object is to scare me, but a game where I get to scare others should be a blast!

LostNinja on
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    edited June 2014

Public Steam Announcement

Cloudbuilt is currently on sale for 75%. That's five bucks American. It is super fucking rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07IH14g3acc

Drake on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Drovek wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Boo, the arcade vote didn't win. Hope those games show up later.

Wonder if I should bother with Gone Home. I have heard wildly different opinions on it...

It's a great piece of world-building. You investigate the mystery of this abandoned house, and it's built nicely and in the end it's satisfying. If you like that (exploration, reading journals, mild puzzles) then it's awesome (and short, as in under 4 hours if I recall correctly.)

Gone Home is like Myst in that it can be completed in less than a minute if you know what you're doing. The fun is wandering around and exploring in someone's house and being nosy as fuck by getting into their business and figuring out how to unlock doors and soaking in all of the 90s nostalgia.

The story can be a little heavy handed at times, and some people might not like the fact that the core gameplay is the first ten minutes of Shen Mue over and over again (you spend the entire game walking around and picking up objects/journals/etc to examine) and I'm one of the people that feel that $20 is asking way too much, but for $3 it's a no brainer.

Best case scenario is you end up liking it and think it has an interesting narrative and fun exploration mechanics, worst case scenario is you end up hating it because you think it's sjw trash but at least now you know what the controversy is about.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »

Cloudbuilt is currently on sale for 75%. That's five bucks American. It is super fucking rad.

But what if it goes on flash for 80%?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular

wow, that looks gorgeous.

• Options
    msmyamsmya Being Fabulous Registered User regular
    Thank you @scootermcgaffin for Saints Row 4! =D

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Anyone got a spare #10 card? I have an extra 1, 2, 4 and 9 cards.

• Options
    Cloudbuilt looks like a game that's both fun, and would make you better at Titanfall.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Wow!! In the middle of doing some more gifting when I get TWO games from @Berylline - Thanks for Sequence and Typer Shark Deluxe!

steam_sig.png

M1GZYUT.jpg
  • Options
    striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular

Stop that! Bad Drake!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Is Rogue Legacy or Nether worth grabbing?

This is from the previous page, but I just want to say that Rogue Legacy is absolutely worth getting. I found it to be a little fun, with something feeling slightly off with the controls but I ended up not caring too much. Obviously some people found it too difficult, but that may vary. I definitely found parts of the game pretty hard, but in the end I got through the game and even beat the final boss on my first try. My wife, on the other hand, just beat the first boss after having the game since around the time of release...but she's enjoying it a lot too.

The game also has an excellent soundtrack.

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    Holy shit guys. Gone Home was incredible.

My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

This discussion has been closed.