As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Melon [chat]

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Winky I must teach you to girl.

This is vital.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    oh do they recycle levels

hmm

i think- based on youtube footage- that the one i played as a teen was 4

It's

It's a game based on a set of Chinese legends (really a Chinese epic which certainly is true in part), so yeah they kind of recycle things.

yes i read the book when i was a teen

figured there would be some identifiable traits, tho, when talkijng about the various iterations

the main differences between each game tend to be the combat mechanics. how blocking works, how you combo attacks, how you level up characters and get better weapons etc...

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    HappylilElf‌ was some kind of awesome monster and gifted me Civ V: Brave New World, Torchlight 2 and Dishonored.

I can't even...

These are all games I've wanted forever.

I appreciate it so so much.

LIES

(I was going to do more but it took literally an hour of mucking about steam to get it to even let me view the dishonored store page and now it's after midnight)

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i remember being really captivated by the missions where you had sort of smaller units around the map

so you'd be fighting in one place and it'd be like YUAN ZHAO'S SQUAD IS UNDER ATTACK, FLAGGING or whatever

and you'd have to rush over there on your horse and it'd be all foggy and sometimes enemies would jump out of the mist and hit you and i'm like GET OUT OF MY WAY I NEED TO SAVE MY LIEUTENANT or w-e

i really liked the morale system, it made me feel less like a demi god

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Dernerster werrierrrs

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Oh shit DW8 is 30% off in the steam sale.

hrrrrrm, but I kind of want to get it on PS4, the PC version is the PS360 version.

oh it is? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

not going to have a PS4 anytime soon but why would they port from the 360 to pc rather than the ps4

Im going to assume because Koei has ported their games to PC already so it was easier to do that then "learn" to do it with the next gen versions.

I assume it has something to do with "optimizing" between PC and the new consoles architecture when they already had a system in place for the old verisons.

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    i remember being really captivated by the missions where you had sort of smaller units around the map

so you'd be fighting in one place and it'd be like YUAN ZHAO'S SQUAD IS UNDER ATTACK, FLAGGING or whatever

and you'd have to rush over there on your horse and it'd be all foggy and sometimes enemies would jump out of the mist and hit you and i'm like GET OUT OF MY WAY I NEED TO SAVE MY LIEUTENANT or w-e

i really liked the morale system, it made me feel less like a demi god

yeah in the good ones of the series the battles have some fluidity with optional stuff happening as opposed to being all scripted. so once an event starts happening (say, a duel or a group of soldiers trying to break through a gate) if you get there in time and kick some ass things turn out a bit differently than if you don't

DW6 did that pretty well.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Also this fall Samurai Warriors 4 comes out in the fall and thats going to be on PS4 and old gen consoles.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

This is vital.

And so [chat]'s estrogen dealers claim another victim.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna probably get that zelda dynasty warriors game which will be the first one I play since ps2

they were always relatively fun to me but never seemed like they should be a full priced game. but this isn't! so it makes sense to me (meaning both the zelda one and if there's one on good sale right now on steam)

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    evilbob wrote: »

This is vital.

A roving gang, who beats people with chains and breaks their knees for not paying up.

I was going to add some cute gender role stuff in there, like the chains are made of earrings or something, but no they're just steel.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    :( Enemy Within is huge. Not gonna be able to play it for ages.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    winky no build things and lift weights and enjoy cumming on things

• Options
    dresses are for bitches (i mean this in a non-gendered sense ofc)

• Options
    Also to some degree, teaching people what it's like to be a girl and girl stuff helps me sort through my feelings myself, so that's part of why I do it.

• Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    @HappylilElf‌ was some kind of awesome monster and gifted me Civ V: Brave New World, Torchlight 2 and Dishonored.

I can't even...

These are all games I've wanted forever.

I appreciate it so so much.

LIES

(I was going to do more but it took literally an hour of mucking about steam to get it to even let me view the dishonored store page and now it's after midnight)

I am incredibly appreciative.

Three is, well, three more than plenty.

Thank you.

• Options
    Also if you like those games and have a PS3 track down Sengoku Basara.

Its Capcoms version of that style of game using super over the top versions of characters from the Japanese Warring states period.

Its actually a 4 game series but Capcom are fucking dingus's and botched the first US version with tons of pointless cuts and renaming everything which came out here as Devil Kings and no one bought it and they skipped the second game here the PS3 version is the 3rd game and the 4th is now out in Japan but never coming out here.

Also here is the great Opening from the anime

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdSTI3Vnyhk

• Options
    dresses are for bitches (i mean this in a non-gendered sense ofc)

Dresses are actually the best

No need to match colors or styles or general classiness, just put them on and you go, and also are hella cute and climate controlled. It's the best.

• Options
    You are very welcome

I mean you essentially handed me a couple thousand hours of fun out of nowhere so it's the least I can do :)

• Options
    evilbob wrote: »

This is vital.

So....you sayin' you interested? We can help you with that...

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    A drunken frat guy shouted at me that I had very pretty hair a few nights ago.

That was fun.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    That's not me being sarcastic or anything.

I like getting told I'm pretty.

• Options
    In general, I prefer skirts + tops to straight up dresses, but I do have a few really cute dresses as well.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    In general, I prefer skirts + tops to straight up dresses, but I do have a few really cute dresses as well.

Me too, I think. But my wardrobe does not reflect that.

• Options
    The terrible, one paragraph Wikipedia page for wardrobe (clothing) implies that it is a men only word.

I am baffled.

• Options
    edited June 2014
    I am still waiting for a good excuse to wear the dress I wore to my friend's wedding. That is the only time I wore that, but I really like it.

Neco on
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    Once when I was in Catholic highschool I had to wear a big pull-over-your-head robe to do altar service and like half way through the mass I was like

"yeah I totally get why girls like dresses."

• Options
    I you want Cinders I can get drunk and yell at you about being pretty

I make no promises about being coherent though

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Neco wrote: »
    I am still waiting for a good excuse to wear the dress I wore to my friend's wedding. That is the only time I wore that, but I really like it.

Only scrubs need excuses.

You aren't a scrub,

ARE YOU?!

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Welp.

Planned to post some dog photos but the camera's dead.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Gim wrote: »

This is absurd, but delightful.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    Welp.

Planned to post some dog photos but the camera's dead.

For a moment I thought you said the dog's dead. D:

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I see Gim linked the Netherlands/Spain match.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    winky no build things and lift weights and enjoy cumming on things

I'd like to do both.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    The terrible, one paragraph Wikipedia page for wardrobe (clothing) implies that it is a men only word.

I am baffled.

Women have closets, men have wardrobes.
    Women have purses, men have wallets.

• Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I see Gim linked the Netherlands/Spain match.

Oh snap

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

I am baffled.

Women have closets, men have wardrobes.
    Women have purses, men have wallets.

Women totally have wardrobes and wallets also men have closets what is this I am suspicious

(But I wasn't actually talking about the furniture, but the word "wardrobe" to describe a collection of one's clothes, which is definitely gender neutral.)

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Organichu they make dresses in big/tall sizes. Just sayin...

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    is organichu going to start wearing dresses

This discussion has been closed.