As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Monday Night Mini-[Phalla] Wars: The War was taken to the Extreme!

• Options
    MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Um, hooray for my mediocrity and blind bloodlust?

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Yeah, we went nuts trying to break the network.

Figured. That's why I was trying to make you think I was guarded because I could not have taken another day of that.

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    I thought Obi was dead...???

True believer what what

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I was his favorite.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Obi was a True Believer of ECW so would always win with them, and his spreadsheets helped SOOO MUCH postmortem :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    yay!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I can't lose! I know 1004 holds! And I wrote them all down!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpNmTNkuYQA

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Kime is talking about this thing that I made on Day One

Its all the information I gathered through softnetworking. ECW with all the knowledge and powah!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Man, I'm kind of insulted no one else contacted me. :(

Oh well, I guess I won anyway.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    @kime did you break my cool little role/faction counting matrix thing on the spreadsheet? :(

• Options
    I didn't get access until the spreadsheet until like .. today. So I ended up contacting Mega and Kilroy to get them to change their votes. Drez I would have definitely been messaging you if you voted for me or Kime :p

• Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I didn't get access until the spreadsheet until like .. today. So I ended up contacting Mega and Kilroy to get them to change their votes. Drez I would have definitely been messaging you if you voted for me or Kime :p

I ended up targeting you for attack tonight. Glad it didn't have any appreciable effect.

• Options
    Probably not the smartest move. You were the second vote target I think. I thought people were just dicking around - I didn't realize everyone aside from me had so much knowledge about everyone else.

• Options
    I had 15 hp, so unless a bunch of people had finishers left or like 7 people attacked me tonight - that wasn't really a worry.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i killed obifett because i'm cool

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    but yeah faction games are always won or lost based on who puts the most into soft networking

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i killed obifett because i'm cool

and smart

I assume you tried to convert me night one?

I wouldn't have killed you night two, but I had 1 HP and couldn't leave a converter alive. Sorry!

• Options
    i absolutely tried to convert you night one because you were either pulling a con or were being so public that the other converter would almost certainly take a shot at you

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i absolutely tried to convert you night one because you were either pulling a con or were being so public that the other converter would almost certainly take a shot at you

Figured

And me being the overparanoid player that I am, I thought Langly was the actual converter and you were covering for him. Especially since it took you a while to come up with answers about your role, I thought you were getting them from Langly.

So we killed Langly night one instead of you

And then I realized I am a dumb

• Options
    Drez wrote: »
    Man, I'm kind of insulted no one else contacted me. :(

Oh well, I guess I won anyway.

I had trouble keeping track of who was alive/dead anyways haha.

Steam profile
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Hurray for forgetting to align with anyone! That probably ought to have me on there too.

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, overall impressions:

ECW dominated this game. @Infidel told me he does not like pure faction games because whoever takes the initiative day 1 usually wins the game. I still don't necessarily agree, but in this case that wisdom bore out.

I was shocked that all specials save one or two outed themselves to Obi. I'll take the blame for that I guess, since I didn't make it clear that outing yourself was not a great idea. It's something I'll remember for next time.

The point of this game was, as you can tell by the PMs, to test out conversion style mechanics with evolving win cons. Of course, this being Phalla, all the converters were dead by the end of day 2.

I was kinda sad at the fact so many players went inactivus and how little soft networking there was after day 1. Most people shut up. I'm going to guess the 9 PM vote close plus summer equates to most of those issues. I will not do a 9 vote close again. Lesson learned.

Talking with @Goose! I agree I should have included tag teams in this game acting as Masons in each of the 3 villager factions. It might have spurred more soft networking. I had them included to start, but took them out in one of the last edits.

As for the damage, quite simply, I screwed up the math. I changed attacking to 3 damage literally as I copied over the data into the OP, then forgot to update my spreadsheet. Only 1 other player would have died that night (Obi), but by that time he had done his damage. I do feel bad about changing the values, but it was the fairest solution to the problem, since I screwed up.

Anyways, thanks for playing and I hope you enjoyed it.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    So, overall impressions:

ECW dominated this game.

I was kinda sad at the fact so many players went inactivus and how little soft networking there was after day 1. Most people shut up. I'm going to guess the 9 PM vote close plus summer equates to most of those issues. I will not do a 9 vote close again. Lesson learned.

Talking with Goose! I agree I should have included tag teams in this game acting as Masons in each of the 3 villager factions. It might have spurred more soft networking. I had them included to start, but took them out in one of the last edits.

Tag teams would've been a really good idea.

My other suggestion would be to include non-aligned players so that there are several network nuclei in the faction-having guys and others who can either join them later or cannot ever join them, for one reason or another, to add an element of risk to being like "hey guy what's your sign?"

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    For the records, the tag teams, before I pulled them, were The Outsiders (Hall/Nash), The Dudley Boyz, and the Flock (Raven/Saturn).

• Options
    For the records, the tag teams, before I pulled them, were The Outsiders (Hall/Nash), The Dudley Boyz, and the Flock (Raven/Saturn).

literally crying right now

• Options
    I'll take the blame for that I guess, since I didn't make it clear that outing yourself was not a great idea. It's something I'll remember for next time.

Yeah that's not usually something you need to spell out :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited June 2014
    This game I learned: Obifett is a dirty dirty liar.

For shame, sir!

Bedlam on
  • Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Today I learned: Obifett is a dirty dirty liar.

For shame, sir!

Yeah, a bit unusual for me, but I figured I'd try going all out in a pure faction game for once. Langly it up, so to speak.

This was definitely the dirtiest game I've played so far. Lots and lots of lying.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Thanks for running, Assuran!

Also who actually thought they could trust Obi? Langly pls.

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    @kime did you break my cool little role/faction counting matrix thing on the spreadsheet? :(

No, that was me. Once we'd ID'd everyone, I just used it to keep count of what number of faction people were left.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »

Even as a relative newbie, I knew trusting Obi would probably be a bad idea. So I lied ... But got seered by his gang on day 1 anyway. :(

• Options
    Oh yeah, so for those not behind the scenes, Obi converted my the first day to ECW. He also got Capfalcon in our group to make three trusted ECWs, and then after he died we got Gizzy involved. That was the main group of conspirators to my knowledge. We did it all via PMs, no Proboard.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I was wary of Obi but not wary enough, but I wanted to believe since he was the only dude to contact me and it was my first phalla in a long while (whenever the last hangout/SE phalla was)

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Thanks for running Assuran!

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    I was wary of Obi but not wary enough, but I wanted to believe since he was the only dude to contact me and it was my first phalla in a long while (whenever the last hangout/SE phalla was)

Yeah, I do that a lot. "I should probably not trust you, but I kind of want to, so OK!"

Steam profile
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    I told obi the truth and then lied to a bunch of other people

• Options
    I was 100% honest about myself and passed on a bunch of lies to everyone else!

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    Oh yeah, so for those not behind the scenes, Obi converted my the first day to ECW. He also got Capfalcon in our group to make three trusted ECWs, and then after he died we got Gizzy involved. That was the main group of conspirators to my knowledge. We did it all via PMs, no Proboard.

Next time you guys want to let me into your conspiracy faction have Gizzy send the PM about it before I go to bed. I like conspiracies!

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular

I trusted Obi so much that I used my vig on him day 1...

I almost always picked good for my vig (pure luck here...), but the close time was one of the harshest (3AM for me) so I didn't even try to start softnetworking...

• Options
    Hedgethorn wrote: »

Even as a relative newbie, I knew trusting Obi would probably be a bad idea. So I lied ... But got seered by his gang on day 1 anyway. :(

I actually seered you at my own choosing before teaming up with ECW (Obi didn't trust me b/c he thought my powers sounded weird).
    I picked you because you have a few games under your belt, but are still new enough that I thought you'd live - hoping you'd show up ECW and I could team up with you.