As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Have You Shaken Your Trees Lately?

• Options
    mare_imbriummare_imbrium Registered User regular
    Looked a bit more into it and it seems that yes, you can use the cards to unlock certain clients but I'm not there yet in the game. You're also building up the town - in the beginning all the shops other than Nook's Homes are shuttered - and it sounds like some in-game "days" have to go by (not in real time - a day is mostly structured around taking a client and designing their room) before the town starts building up and at some point during that they will finally tell you, oh, we're going to install a special phone that you can use to "contact" clients via your cards.

Also found out that my New Leaf bestie Zell is not in series one of the cards. Hmph.

v2zAToe.jpg
    Wii: 4521 1146 5179 1333 Pearl: 3394 4642 8367 HG: 1849 3913 3132
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    The special cards out of two packs and the game I got were Lyle, Joan, and Redd.

I want Slider. :(

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    If the animalcrossingworld.com website is to be believed, KK Slider is in series two of the cards. edit: oh, I guess you can get DJ KK in this series.

So far I've gotten Sahara and Tom Nook. I haven't opened the second card pack yet. edit: opened the other pack. Timmy Nook. I also got Fauna. She's going to come live in my town now that I've unlocked the amiibo phone. I also got a duplicate card. Only bought two packs and got two of the same card. :-1:

More thoughts - mostly I'm totally hoping they add these features to the next main Animal Crossing game - you can "scoot" past things now so you can put things a little closer together, and the furniture moving is so much better, and when you get to the point where you're doing the exterior and interior you can put furniture in the yard. I want to put furniture in my yard in an AC game.
    Negative - you can change to basically any exterior you like, mansion, castles, large houses....but the interior of the house is still always the same "standard villager" size. :confused:

Edit again: I feel like I'm the only person playing this at the moment, so I will just append this post...I've made...10 or 11 houses now. I unlocked the Happy Home Network which lets you upload your properties for other HHD owners to rate. I've been looking at popular houses and not surprisingly they're all Japanese, but some of the animal houses are huge! So different house size must just be something I haven't unlocked yet. It's still odd that it can look like a mansion on the outside and a shack on the inside though.

Also I think I need to take less care designing houses. Some of these houses I'm only making so I can get that animal's furniture added to my catalog and if I make every house a masterpiece of form and design I'm going to get tired of it before I unlock bigger houses. OR my design overload may just be because I've done 10-11 houses in one day and I should go slower. :)

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I spent so much time touching all of the furniture in Hargaad's town when I was really into Animal Crossing that I'm kind of over that right now.

tbh, I started the whole hub thing because there was the in-game achievement (badges) connected to how much furniture you had "unlocked". If it persists to the next Animal Crossing game on the Wii U, I'll probably do the same thing again.

I would have gotten HHD if I knew I could afford the (essentially) micro-transactions (buying card packs). For that reason, I decided that I was going to have to take a pass on this game. It looks great, but I feel they're squeezing their audience out of too much money to get extra content.
    Though, I am trying to hold back my disdain of that opinion until I know better: is it extra content that could not otherwise be obtained, or is it simply giving you extra content at a faster pace than waiting to unlock it?

Hargaad of Omnar on
    Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
  • Options
    Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    @Vyolynce, I finally stopped long enough to pop out the SD card from each 3DS to extract the Pascal photos. Hopefully I've got some more for you...otherwise, I guess it's just a fun thing for everybody to browse.
    This is just from one 3DS. I'll edit in a second spoiler of my other 3DS Pascal photos in a short while (parsing through all the other photos I'm taking between is going to take a few minutes, and I didn't want to forget where my latest cut was).
    klakzt5fbch1.jpg
    p8g0rgp5o02n.jpg
    vvsarx1380yh.jpg
    ieqxrpw71oj6.jpg
    dx4bxho53wmy.jpg
    tlp40kewjrqc.jpg
    t642g9ploxt8.jpg
    7zlltplj9xoy.jpg
    212jfda8g4zd.jpg
    w1vuuta5dd48.jpg
    339g3xt7jyfu.jpg
    8d0643xv0a4i.jpg
    0phtiym7kdlp.jpg
    8b8umpbzwi72.jpg
    9q3iteq0pxri.jpg
    tlehmxobo4hw.jpg
    3mvtymkq4ss2.jpg
    svd88izmqg0y.jpg
    hs2bh1tuhhul.jpg
    nsegmpx8l2nr.jpg
    btvnw2mywxi2.jpg
    rsnf37j49fps.jpg
    cqx7fd64ghqk.jpg

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    @Vyolynce, I finally stopped long enough to pop out the SD card from each 3DS to extract the Pascal photos. Hopefully I've got some more for you...otherwise, I guess it's just a fun thing for everybody to browse.
    This is just from one 3DS. I'll edit in a second spoiler of my other 3DS Pascal photos in a short while (parsing through all the other photos I'm taking between is going to take a few minutes, and I didn't want to forget where my latest cut was).

p8g0rgp5o02n.jpg

This is one I haven't seen yet!

• Options
    marz_1982marz_1982 Registered User regular
    edited September 2015
    I'm considering packing up Omnar2. By that, I mean that I plan to move everything I have in storage out for a final "get this shit out of my town" period of time and moving all of the "for catalog-touching only" items into storage.

New Animal Crossing player here :) I would love to get some cool pieces for my house, but not really for catalogue completion because I probably have so far to go! What does "catalog-touching" mean?? I would like to get some of each fruit to start growing each type, I currently have cherries and peaches. Would love to visit Omnar if you have it open sometime this week, Hargaad!

Anyone still playing regularly that wants to connect, I've added my friend's code to the PA spreadsheet :)

marz_1982 on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I don't think Animal Crossing is coming to the WIIU or onwards as it sells on the handheld well over what it does on the larger systems and it's really a goof around game for less than a hour

• Options
    I spent so much time touching all of the furniture in Hargaad's town when I was really into Animal Crossing that I'm kind of over that right now.

tbh, I started the whole hub thing because there was the in-game achievement (badges) connected to how much furniture you had "unlocked". If it persists to the next Animal Crossing game on the Wii U, I'll probably do the same thing again.

I would have gotten HHD if I knew I could afford the (essentially) micro-transactions (buying card packs). For that reason, I decided that I was going to have to take a pass on this game. It looks great, but I feel they're squeezing their audience out of too much money to get extra content.
    Though, I am trying to hold back my disdain of that opinion until I know better: is it extra content that could not otherwise be obtained, or is it simply giving you extra content at a faster pace than waiting to unlock it?

Okay, I did some digging and found a website with a list of animals in the game and how you find them. http://hhd.crystal-dreams.us/?page_id=15 All the "regular" animals say you can find them randomly in the game or use an amiibo card, so the amiibo card is in that way just another random way (or via trading) to get your besties in your game (though my bestie isn't a card, psh). The only animals you can't decorate homes for unless you buy cards are the special characters - like KK Slider and Resetti and Isabelle, etc. I don't know if they have special furniture because I haven't invited one of the ones I have into my game yet.

The other things you can do with the amiibo cards is have the animals on your cards visit your clients' homes (but they don't even talk to you, they just wander around) or you can put them into your public buildings and assign them certain roles - teacher, student, shopkeeper, etc. Now, there is a mechanic in the nfc reader where you can "update client information" that seems to write information to your amiibo cards - like if you have them visit a home, I guess they pick up some of the furniture from that home into their own catalog? There doesn't appear to be anything coming up in searches that is definite, so I'm not totally sure about that, I mean I know there's an option in the game to update your amiibo cards, but in order to test exactly what that means I would need someone physically near me who is also playing the game, and I don't have anybody.

So. Unless you 1. Really want to design a home for a special character, or 2. Really want to find your favorite animals on cards to have control over where they are in your game, or 3. Have nearby people who are also playing (or want to set up some kind of card trade by mail thing), from what I can see, it appears that you don't actually need any amiibo cards at all. Later today I'll put Timmy Nook in my game and see if he has special items or something and report back.

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    marz_1982 wrote: »
    I'm considering packing up Omnar2. By that, I mean that I plan to move everything I have in storage out for a final "get this shit out of my town" period of time and moving all of the "for catalog-touching only" items into storage.

New Animal Crossing player here :) I would love to get some cool pieces for my house, but not really for catalogue completion because I probably have so far to go! What does "catalog-touching" mean?? I would like to get some of each fruit to start growing each type, I currently have cherries and peaches. Would love to visit Omnar if you have it open sometime this week, Hargaad!

Anyone still playing regularly that wants to connect, I've added my friend's code to the PA spreadsheet :)

I don't see you on the most recent spreadsheet, but I'll check the other ones just in case.
    I would be happy to open town for you and have you come and take some items.
    "Catalog-touching" was a thing that I did for a long time because, as you're likely aware, there are items you can and can't order. The items that one cannot order, I opted to make a "touching-only" rule. Once you touch an item, it is permanently stored in your catalog for completion. I never duped any items and never bothered to learn because that wasn't my goal. My goal was to make catalog completion as pain-free as possible, which meant putting items out and separating them from the free-for-all area where people could take items and not have to return them.
    It was just the Penny Arcade nature to trust others to not be dicks, and I'd honestly call more than a few people from here actual friends with how much this game allowed us to interact. I haven't heard from most of them in a while since this game has been out for so long, but such is the nature of gaming: once a game is completed (or to a person's relative preference of completion), they move on to another game.
    Tangent aside, that was the main gist of me owning two copies of the game. I had one town for my own enjoyment and another town that I would leave open all day (or rather, 8 hours at a time before I closed down to streetpass myself since I have 2 3DSs and then open town back up for another 8 hours).

As it currently stands, I have all the non-orderable catalog items stored away because I wanted to start wrapping up the achievements in my hub town as well, and I've been pretty bad at getting around to noting what items are in which storage account (because there's just not enough space to save everything in one player's storage). Though, if there's a set of anything non-orderable you want...or hell, even if it can be ordered, I'd be happy to buy it for you and leave it out.
    With the non-orderable items, though, I'd have to shuffle through the storage accounts to find the set you want and could leave it out for you to touch whenever you could get around to it, but I'd put it all away before I eventually shut down for the night (and go to sleep irl).

For the fruit, you are more than welcome to shake my trees, but a safe rule of thumb for other towns (unless specified otherwise) is to not shake trees. At least, that's what I recall most of us agreeing to long ago back in like...2013. Especially if people have perfect fruit trees. But, that worry doesn't exist in Omnar2. I haven't planted many trees because I haven't plotted out how I want to start making it look nice and full to get the perfect town rating, so go nuts! :D

One last thing: tbh, I can't say for sure when I'll be opening town. I try to open it as often as I can, but life is throwing me some cantaloupe-sized curve-balls recently that have been keeping me from playing many games, but I'll try to be a reliable source on the weekends.

Edit: added your code to both games. If you want, I think I'll be keeping the trade hub plugged into my Hargaad 3DS instead of the MeinFuhrer 3DS (this way, you have one extra space to add, but if other games have online features that we share in common, I don't mind having you on both). I'm less concerned about offending people irl than I am on the internet, which sounds counter-intuitive for what the internet essentially is, but I've been told that having that name offends some people. Easier to explain and slap a silly goose in real life than it is to explain it on the interwebz. XD

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Vyolynce wrote: »

p8g0rgp5o02n.jpg

That's all I needed to hear, boss. I'll keep mining those Pascal quotes! ^_^

Okay, I did some digging and found a website with a list of animals in the game and how you find them. http://hhd.crystal-dreams.us/?page_id=15 All the "regular" animals say you can find them randomly in the game or use an amiibo card, so the amiibo card is in that way just another random way (or via trading) to get your besties in your game (though my bestie isn't a card, psh). The only animals you can't decorate homes for unless you buy cards are the special characters - like KK Slider and Resetti and Isabelle, etc. I don't know if they have special furniture because I haven't invited one of the ones I have into my game yet.

The other things you can do with the amiibo cards is have the animals on your cards visit your clients' homes (but they don't even talk to you, they just wander around) or you can put them into your public buildings and assign them certain roles - teacher, student, shopkeeper, etc. Now, there is a mechanic in the nfc reader where you can "update client information" that seems to write information to your amiibo cards - like if you have them visit a home, I guess they pick up some of the furniture from that home into their own catalog? There doesn't appear to be anything coming up in searches that is definite, so I'm not totally sure about that, I mean I know there's an option in the game to update your amiibo cards, but in order to test exactly what that means I would need someone physically near me who is also playing the game, and I don't have anybody.

So. Unless you 1. Really want to design a home for a special character, or 2. Really want to find your favorite animals on cards to have control over where they are in your game, or 3. Have nearby people who are also playing (or want to set up some kind of card trade by mail thing), from what I can see, it appears that you don't actually need any amiibo cards at all. Later today I'll put Timmy Nook in my game and see if he has special items or something and report back.

This analysis is amazing, mare! I'm a bit caught up in a bind for gaming recently, but if the mood should ever strike me to play, I'm grateful for the footwork you've done to lay out some pretty hefty essentials. I don't know anything about amiibos or the e-cards, so if I ever have questions, I may tag you in this thread for some help if that's alright. (For instance, one thing that came to mind is whether one can send the code or picture of the barcode electronically for the trading or if it has to be physically traded?)

Hargaad of Omnar on

• Options

"Catalog-touching" was a thing that I did for a long time because, as you're likely aware, there are items you can and can't order. The items that one cannot order, I opted to make a "touching-only" rule. Once you touch an item, it is permanently stored in your catalog for completion.

One last thing: tbh, I can't say for sure when I'll be opening town. I try to open it as often as I can, but life is throwing me some cantaloupe-sized curve-balls recently that have been keeping me from playing many games, but I'll try to be a reliable source on the weekends.

I'm less concerned about offending people irl than I am on the internet, which sounds counter-intuitive for what the internet essentially is, but I've been told that having that name offends some people. Easier to explain and slap a silly goose in real life than it is to explain it on the interwebz. XD

Awesome!! I'm going to head over and see how it looks X)
    Not offended by the name, not to worry.

Um, so non-orderable catalogue items can be touched to complete a catalogue, hence touching only?
    I'll have to look at the orderable sets to see if there's anything I want :):)

Thanks for opening up Omnar!

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I don't think Animal Crossing is coming to the WIIU or onwards as it sells on the handheld well over what it does on the larger systems and it's really a goof around game for less than a hour

Yeah, can't say I would be too upset to see Animal Crossing persist as a handheld-only series from now on with some spinoffs on the home consoles a la Pokemon. All of the things that make the game interesting just work better on handhelds.

Glad to see they finally revamped how furniture is arranged in this game, and clips seem to suggest that the writing in this game is a step up from New Leaf, too. Here's to hoping these changes make their way into the next main game!

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    So exciting, my first visit to another player's town! Wish I had got this game 2 years ago when it was being played a lot.
    Wonder if HHD will take off like that? I would have got it if I didn't just start playing ACNL and wasn't really into decorating houses....

• Options

"Catalog-touching" was a thing that I did for a long time because, as you're likely aware, there are items you can and can't order. The items that one cannot order, I opted to make a "touching-only" rule. Once you touch an item, it is permanently stored in your catalog for completion.

I'm less concerned about offending people irl than I am on the internet, which sounds counter-intuitive for what the internet essentially is, but I've been told that having that name offends some people. Easier to explain and slap a silly goose in real life than it is to explain it on the interwebz. XD

Awesome!! I'm going to head over and see how it looks X)
    Not offended by the name, not to worry.

Um, so non-orderable catalogue items can be touched to complete a catalogue, hence touching only?
    I'll have to look at the orderable sets to see if there's anything I want :):)

Thanks for opening up Omnar!

Yeah, sorry I didn't finish that complete thought earlier: touching an item in another person's town (and then dropping it on the ground again) and then going back to your own town counts toward catalog completion. The only thing that could stop that is if the connection got interrupted and you get booted out before the game could save. It just means you'll have to go back to that town and touch it again is all.
    TDawg wrote: »

Yeah, can't say I would be too upset to see Animal Crossing persist as a handheld-only series from now on with some spinoffs on the home consoles a la Pokemon. All of the things that make the game interesting just work better on handhelds.

Glad to see they finally revamped how furniture is arranged in this game, and clips seem to suggest that the writing in this game is a step up from New Leaf, too. Here's to hoping these changes make their way into the next main game!

While the opinions expressed are valid, I hold a fond spot in my heart for the first Animal Crossing on Gamecube. It meant that I could have the game on a big-screen and could have it play on surround sound with speakers places around the room for atmosphere (especially the KK solos).
    Most games are meant to be played in short bursts. Mario games aren't divided into levels just for kicks, yet they get the home console treatment.
    With handheld, it seems to have some limited capabilities for hosting, but with a home console like the Wii U, I see far greater potential to have town parties with a lot more than just 3 people at a time.

• Options
    edited September 2015

p8g0rgp5o02n.jpg

This analysis is amazing, mare! I'm a bit caught up in a bind for gaming recently, but if the mood should ever strike me to play, I'm grateful for the footwork you've done to lay out some pretty hefty essentials. I don't know anything about amiibos or the e-cards, so if I ever have questions, I may tag you in this thread for some help if that's alright. (For instance, one thing that came to mind is whether one can send the code or picture of the barcode electronically for the trading or if it has to be physically traded?)

Yes, ask away, hopefully I'll know the answer. For your current question: I can't find a picture of the back of the amiibo cards online, and I don't really have time to upload one right now, but the answer is no. It's not a barcode. There's something inside the card that the nfc reader scans. You can feel that the middle of the back of the card is raised, and they caution you not to bend the cards.

So I put Timmy into my game this morning. All of the animals have some kind of goal they want you to achieve with their house. For example, I got Zell this morning as a random (So thanks RNG for bringing my bestie into my game despite Nintendo not putting him onto their silly cards) and he wanted his house to be a "themed hotel." The new items he brought to me were columns, some statues (the mermaid statue and the lion? merlion? fountain) and some zodiac themed items. So all the animals in the game have these goals (which you can ignore) EXCEPT, afaik, the Special Amiibo card characters. They all say "discuss it with you" and when I put Timmy Nook into my game under what he wanted he said "I'll leave it to you!" And while every other animal I've built for has a couple pieces of favorite furniture they bring with them, he didn't. The only new things he brought to my catalog were the bunk bed, ghost umbrella, and a KK song album (parade). Even though he made a remark that he could put topiary in the garden, there were no new topiary (I already have a tulip topiary) and he didn't seem particularly excited when I brought the tulip topiary out (they have reactions and when you place something they really like they'll clap or a heart will float out of their heads). Those items...don't seem particularly special. I can't imagine there's no other character in the base game that doesn't have the bunk bed, or that you can't get ALL the KK songs from the animals. He either had hardly anything or there is overlap with each animal's personal catalogs, and I already had the other things he was bringing, and I suspect the latter.

One special thing for him is that he said the whole time he was sharing his house with Tommy, and he really is. Tommy Nook is not one of the cards you can get because he comes with the Timmy card. They both live in the house and they actually both have dialog, unlike a visitor you bring into one of your clients' houses via card. So it could be that each special card has a special thing they give you, and Timmy just happens to be light on furniture. I also have Sahara, and I'll put her in next time I have time to play. If she doesn't come with a bunch of rugs I'm going to be really disappointed.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2015

p8g0rgp5o02n.jpg

So I put Timmy into my game this morning. All of the animals have some kind of goal they want you to achieve with their house. For example, I got Zell this morning as a random (So thanks RNG for bringing my bestie into my game despite Nintendo not putting him onto their silly cards)

Yay for RNG bringing in your bestie!!

marz_1982 on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    p8g0rgp5o02n.jpg
    ]

...and now I've seen it personally. Another new one yesterday, too.

That brings me up to 245 quotes. Plus ten additional dialogue entries to pull the total up to 255. One more... I hope...

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I've been thinking more about this, and I think this is partially a preference thing based on how you want to play. Some people who just want to design houses all day may not want every house to have exacting score rules they have to follow, and it can be freeing to know that the animal is going to like whatever you do to the place - you can be really creative without worrying about restrictions - sort of the difference between a blank piece of paper or a coloring book page. Or if you really want you can leave several houses blank like that just to quickly cycle through and build up your catalog and then swing back around and remodel them later.

On the other hand, having an honestly anemic reward/progression system means that it will completely turn off some people, AND even for people who like to just go nuts doing whatever they want with houses it will probably mean it gets boring faster. What might be best is some kind of game mechanic for a house decorating contest like the HHA where you can enter certain houses for the game to judge. Then you could not worry about it unless you wanted to. What they have instead is a social aspect - the Happy Home Network - where you can have other players judge your houses, but since the Japanese got there first all their homes are mad bonkers and I can't imagine anyone in the U.S. catching up for a while.

For those who were concerned about "no collecting," there is collecting, and I'm kiiinda tired of it. You collect furniture by building houses for people, and there's overlap between the animals. Since my catalog is fairly big now some new animals are bringing me just a couple of new things. On the other hand you use play coins to unlock every single gyroid ever in one swoop, same for fossils, bugs, fish...

v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options
    The people on Amazon complaining about how after playing the game for 9+ hours they are bored with it I find funny.
    Because it's not made to be played that way

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    The Motion Graphics with Nook in the Happy Home Network are really nice.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    What might be best is some kind of game mechanic for a house decorating contest like the HHA where you can enter certain houses for the game to judge.

It looks like that is already a thing. There was a "challenge" thing from the HHA computer you get, the first one was today.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    CullenCullen Registered User regular
    Downloaded HHD this morning. Not fired it up yet but I'm excited to be Animal Crossing again. Gonna try track down some cards tomorrow.

• Options
    edited October 2015
    akjak wrote: »
    What might be best is some kind of game mechanic for a house decorating contest like the HHA where you can enter certain houses for the game to judge.

It looks like that is already a thing. There was a "challenge" thing from the HHA computer you get, the first one was today.

Even that is a social thing, it's a "submit to the community and it will be judged," not an in-game metric system like the HHA. Though I guess reading a post about it if you enter this one (which is sweets themed) you get two new items for your catalog. That's nice.

OH! and I finally added Sahara to my game and she had NO rugs, NO floors, all she had was KK Casbah, a hat (kafiya) and tent wallpaper. Not cool.

mare_imbrium on
    v2zAToe.jpg
  • Options

Guess what Hargaad? Elize decided to move in to my town from Omnar :P She's a pretty weird looking monkey isn't she?

Would you mind opening up Omnar again this weekend sometime? I'm also going to collect a few things for some friends who have just bought AC as well :)

• Options

Guess what Hargaad? Elize decided to move in to my town from Omnar :P She's a pretty weird looking monkey isn't she?

Would you mind opening up Omnar again this weekend sometime? I'm also going to collect a few things for some friends who have just bought AC as well :)

Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but hopefully notifications work they way I think they work? It's been a while since I've "actively" (read: more than 30 minutes) played, but I remember seeing a pop-up while playing that says "Friend Online!" or something while playing...but maybe that's just for 'favorited' friends (the yellow heart icon in the option bar)?
    Either way, Omnar2 has been open for a couple hours and I'll be taking it down around midnight (so in about 4.5 hours) for streetpassing purposes and then I'll open it back up to sit through the night.
    Hopefully I won't space out watching LoL Worlds VOD's tomorrow morning and keep up the schedule (bring Omnar2 down at 8am for streetpassing, bring it back up, then take it down at 4pm and up after then one last time down at midnight).

• Options
    And I come back to see that the system is down for maintenance.
    So...fuck me. Guess I'll check back occasionally and try opening up before midnight. If not, then tomorrow morning. Sorry, @marz_1982

• Options
    And I come back to see that the system is down for maintenance.
    So...fuck me. Guess I'll check back occasionally and try opening up before midnight. If not, then tomorrow morning. Sorry, @marz_1982

Thanks Hargaad, no rush :) I'll have a look over the next couple of hours or early tomorrow morning to see if it's up.

I spent the whole day mucking around with network card settings and a wifi dongle trying to get a home streetpass relay setup.
    I think I've got it right now - I have a virtual network hotspot running called "attwifi" and MAC is set to a certain address. In the 3DS I'm getting the Nintendo Zone icon, so it thinks it's connected. But no streetpasses yet....

Would be nice to get this working, since we don't have any Nintendo Zones in New Zealand and it's not as big as XBox/PS here so I maybe get one streetpass a week from my local gaming store - if I'm lucky!

• Options
    ti9pg5dypxth.jpg
    qegs29r71d4c.jpg
    6mgrf8o28lnl.jpg
    hivj3jult6yf.jpg
    eb6mtc31pv00.jpg

So, just an fyi, due to the spoilered information above, I'm actually going to be absent from opening Omnar2 this weekend. Sorry for any inconvenience. Things should be back to normal next weekend (and, maybe even open more regularly during the week).

• Options
    Two weeks later and quickly approaching Halloween, Jack has surely sent everybody a letter by now (or talked to you earlier in the month).

I don't have all the masks out in Omnar2 because they're orderable, but if anybody wants them, I can order them for you if you haven't touched (aka catalogued) them yet.
    If one does not know, make sure to not wear anything you don't want to potentially disappear from your outfit because it can all be lost (only if you're wearing it)!
    And it's a great time to collect pictures from all of your current villagers if you haven't already gotten their pics!
    Also, I've been making a bit more of an effort to open up Omnar2, and have moved most of my ores out to the "please take as much of this as you can" pile.
    So, really...please take as much of this as you can in Omnar2. :P

• Options
    A friend of mine got in touch with one of the Treehouse guys, who eventually informed us that there are 260 individual Pascal quotes.

I have seen 246.

So close, and yet...

• Options
    A friend of mine got in touch with one of the Treehouse guys, who eventually informed us that there are 260 individual Pascal quotes.

I have seen 246.

So close, and yet...

I've got several more that I've saved up that I've been meaning to post. I'm also sucking at opening town more frequently, but any are welcome to come take anything and everything before I sell it all on New Years.

• Options
    We're coming down to the last 10 days before I basically clear out Omnar2 of any items left in it.
    If anybody wants to come peruse, either drop a message in here or shoot me a PM.

The other day, I went to an AT&T store to try downloading the latest item from Pelly/Phyllis...
    I've gotten nothing but errors. Maybe they finally shut it all down and aren't releasing any more DLC?
    I'll scour around a bit, but it seems Nintendo has finally called it quits for AC:NL.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Hey, is QR Crossing the site we used to use a ton around here? It doesn't work anymore. :(

Any good QR sites? Looking to help the GF.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    I find it funny they programed the game to say something about Leap Day

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Just went back to New Leaf after a year. So glad for that beautiful town ordinance.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I find it funny they programed the game to say something about Leap Day

Yeah that was totally worth logging in yesterday. Which I would have done anyway, but Pascal hasn't coughed up a new quote in over a month, so it's been a little trying.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
  • Options
    Yes Gannon the pig!
    Will take on my town's catch phrase of Stab with pride!
    I can finally get Vesta back even though stone cold Pietro moved in

This discussion has been closed.