As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Animal Crossing: Have You Shaken Your Trees Lately?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Well, you can't share a bat on a flower that *could* pop a jewel bat. Any empty flower has already failed to spawn a bat, so just put one there. Bats pop right when the flower blooms and never again.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    Goth event complete! I want to thank everyone who helped, especially @Gizzy who traded bats like crazy with me. I was able to finish all 4 bats events with a day to spare.

3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    I need ONE more diamond bat. ONE. We'll see if my catch rate continues to be garbage.

Edit: Aaand I just remembered I could pay Lloid 10 tickets for an auto-catch. So assuming I have even ONE diamond bat in these 20 flowers I'm growing, I'll be done.

akjak on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    I could help you out - what name do you show up under ?

Edit: looks like you're not on my friends list - I just added you @akjak !

Gizzy on
    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I could help you out - what name do you show up under ?

Edit: looks like you're not on my friends list - I just added you @akjak !

ign is Thera, probably. But I finished it!

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Thanks to everyone who gave me bats during the event. Sorry I didn't reciprocate more.... my mom needed help reaching the goals. Love y'all but I love my mamma more.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    I need ONE more diamond bat. ONE. We'll see if my catch rate continues to be garbage.

Edit: Aaand I just remembered I could pay Lloid 10 tickets for an auto-catch. So assuming I have even ONE diamond bat in these 20 flowers I'm growing, I'll be done.

Someone is seriously going to have to explain to me why the reward for 25 diamond bats is a single Shiny Stone. I have so many of these stupid things it's not even worth the effort to catch 5 more of the damned flying rats. Every time I get a Shiny Stone as a reward I feel cheated.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    it's there to make you feel like you don't absolutely have to catch 25 diamond bats unless you're a huge completionist.
    it is intentionally there to give you relief or a final goal depending on what you want out of the event.

edit: also there's a cutscene for finishing the event, that's the real reward.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    I'm so happy when I get a Shiny Stone. The level 15 item requests take 2 stones each. If your not a completionist, then they are worthless.

I got some more pics and had to redecorate.
    wqr2wz7off3c.png
    I think it's looking good.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Burned some flower food and a few leaf tickets to see said cutscene. Will not be making that mistake again.
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I'm so happy when I get a Shiny Stone. The level 15 item requests take 2 stones each.

Which you get from levels 7 and 9, guaranteed? 9 for sure; I can't remember if 7 is shirt + stone or shirt + normal level-up.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    Burned some flower food and a few leaf tickets to see said cutscene. Will not be making that mistake again.
    I'm so happy when I get a Shiny Stone. The level 15 item requests take 2 stones each.

Which you get from levels 7 and 9, guaranteed? 9 for sure; I can't remember if 7 is shirt + stone or shirt + normal level-up.

You get one a level 9 and another at level 20. I don't think they give them at any other time.

Edit: I looked it up and it's level 7, 9, and 20.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    The new update is now live. It added a new mini game and stuff to do with your animals at your camp.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Also been getting some flower requests from animals (just basics ones I can buy seeds for so far) which might be tied to it being Valentine's Day here already so maybe make sure you have some of those handy.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    The new update is now live. It added a new mini game and stuff to do with your animals at your camp.

i noticed your campsite animals have style now!
    (on a sort of related note - i turned roald into a giant melon.)

• Options
    Lucedes wrote: »

i noticed your campsite animals have style now!
    (on a sort of related note - i turned roald into a giant melon.)

Yes they do. I enjoyed playing dress up with my animals way too much.

Now just got to get my slot machine timing down.

• Options
    Things got sinister in my game.....

k54fxm3yoxsj.jpg

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Another Host the Most event, you say?
    DVzA0Z6X0AAUwcg.jpg

Oh, if I have to...

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    the rewards are 15 leaf tickets and 3 calling cards, which i thought was stingy...
    but then i looked at the animals they added, and they're mostly lv3 friendship and cheap items.

also, i've really been digging this update! introduced balloons, flower requests, and lost item requests!
    Frappe (i forget her english name) wanted me to search for her lost item, which she thought was at the beach.
    i fished up a "lost bottle" and then gave it to her for a decent reward, it was super cool.

it finally feels more like a full animal crossing title, which is fascinating to me.
    the other thing they probably need is a new batch of marketplace-only items,
    maybe a rare savannah vehicle. also where's gracie?

• Options
    Yeah I recovered a list item (also for Frappe, weird) and she payed out 3 cute essence and 45(!) cotton. Definitely will be keeping an eye out for those requests again.

• Options
    Since the update a few days ago the game has been crashing my iPhone a lot. The screen freezes and OS completely restarts. It seems to happen fairly regularly when I'm doing activities at the river area. Anyone else experience this?

• Options
    Not recently, but the game was frequently hanging up on me (on Android) for a good while. Not to the point of rebooting the OS, though. Usually it would just take forever to load and I'd need to restart the game.

• Options
    In non-camp news, today I saw my 259th unique Pascal quote in New Leaf:

According to a source in the Nintendo Treehouse, I have only one more to go. A 0.3% chance every day, and if I hit it I get to stop this quest that has spanned nearly (over?) half a decade.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    I like the new dragon

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Gizzy wrote: »
    I like the new dragon

Drago and I have been bros in New Leaf for basically forever now.

• Options
    Thanks to Isabelle throwing a ridiculous number of tickets around during the various Mario crossover events, I've finally finished the project I've been working on for about a month now.

• Options
    I'M FREE! I'M FREEEEEEEEEEE!

This journey began on 6/25/2013. I have played every day since then (barring the in-game holidays I learned I could skip) on this mission and finally, nearly 5 full years later, I have personally seen what a Treehouse rep assured me was all 260 of Pascal's quotes in AC: New Leaf.

Once I get the spare time (so not for at least a couple of weeks) I'm going to compile them all into a video but right now I'm just glad I can finally put my poor, mostly neglected* town to rest.

*Although you wouldn't know it, thanks to the Beautiful Town initiative keeping everything watered and bug-free.

• Options
    I'M FREE! I'M FREEEEEEEEEEE!

This journey began on 6/25/2013. I have played every day since then (barring the in-game holidays I learned I could skip) on this mission and finally, nearly 5 full years later, I have personally seen what a Treehouse rep assured me was all 260 of Pascal's quotes in AC: New Leaf.

Once I get the spare time (so not for at least a couple of weeks) I'm going to compile them all into a video but right now I'm just glad I can finally put my poor, mostly neglected* town to rest.

*Although you wouldn't know it, thanks to the Beautiful Town initiative keeping everything watered and bug-free.

That is fucking awesome!

• Options
    So that must be how you "win" at Animal Crossing.

• Options
    And here they are, if you have like 30 mins to kill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJcsWMwzGFU

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Oh, hey, i heard you all liked Animal Crossing:

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

• Options
    I’ll save the hype for when we know more than just a year.

• Options
    NO. MAXIMUM HYPE TODAY. DISAPPOINT AND SAD TOMORROW.

• Options
    this nintendo direct reveal made me cry, i was so moved.
    the reveal had everything i wanted in it! it's like christmas!

• Options
    That was a brilliantly-executed double fake-out.

But how can anyone not just auto-concede against Isabelle in Smash?

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be maining Isabelle in Smash. I mained her in Mario Kart too.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular

I refuse to hit her.

I refuse.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I refuse to hit her.

I refuse.

Now if it was Tom Nook I wouldn't hesitate for an instance.

Damn loan shark deserves everything he gets.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Axen wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I refuse to hit her.

I refuse.

Now if it was Tom Nook I wouldn't hesitate for an instance.

Damn loan shark deserves everything he gets.

When they followed the Isabelle announcement with Tom Nook I was all "oh please please please..." for entirely different reasons than ended up playing out.

This discussion has been closed.