As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Daniel Bryan chokes out criminal, tells cops he has till FIVE!

19495969798100»

Posts

  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    I just realized something. TNA just had a bunch of old ECW names talking about how TNA is the new ECW at their NY tapings... they were trying to tell us then.

    FFS, it's even the same damn channel (after a name change).

    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Very confused about how I feel about this TNA news. I loved TNA at one point but this is like hearing a girlfriend that you broke up with because of her drug addiction has died because of her drug addiction

    Sad... But not very surprising.

    zllehs on
  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    It's kind of sad. I remember watching fairly regularly in 2007-2008, when Christian and Angle were running rampant, and I remember it being great. I also remember being hyped for the new Monday Night Wars, and vividly remember switching back and forth between Hogan and Bret the night it began.

    That being said, let Mark Cuban buy the company and give us WCW 2.0.

  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    TNA briefly clicked with me when they were doing the Ultimate X stuff and what not. Then it started feeling more and more like a WWE-Lite at best, and a WCW redux at worse and I stopped caring.

    Still sucks there's one less options for wrestlers to work in though.

  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    It's kind of sad. I remember watching fairly regularly in 2007-2008, when Christian and Angle were running rampant, and I remember it being great. I also remember being hyped for the new Monday Night Wars, and vividly remember switching back and forth between Hogan and Bret the night it began.

    That being said, let Mark Cuban buy the company and give us WCW 2.0.

    I love that idea. If anybody has the money and standing to challenge WWE, it's Cuban.

    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    I think on one of the Ross Reports (or maybe it was Stone Cold's podcast), JR mentions that the WWE offered Abyss the chance to come in and work with Taker. Abyss got cold feet and decided to stay in TNA.

    We missed a chance to see Abyss vs. Taker.

    That's what I'm most sad about TNA.

  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    Cuban in wrestling would be hilarious

  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    Assuran wrote: »
    I think on one of the Ross Reports (or maybe it was Stone Cold's podcast), JR mentions that the WWE offered Abyss the chance to come in and work with Taker. Abyss got cold feet and decided to stay in TNA.

    We missed a chance to see Abyss vs. Taker.

    That's what I'm most sad about TNA.

    There were multiple wrestlers who had what can only be Stockholm Syndrome when it came to that company. Abyss, Joe, Sting, and Styles all had opportunities to bail and, until the end, didn't.

  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    cornell wrote: »
    Assuran wrote: »
    I think on one of the Ross Reports (or maybe it was Stone Cold's podcast), JR mentions that the WWE offered Abyss the chance to come in and work with Taker. Abyss got cold feet and decided to stay in TNA.

    We missed a chance to see Abyss vs. Taker.

    That's what I'm most sad about TNA.

    There were multiple wrestlers who had what can only be Stockholm Syndrome when it came to that company. Abyss, Joe, Sting, and Styles all had opportunities to bail and, until the end, didn't.

    Well, in any relationship (including an employer/employee one), there's always a certain sense of loyalty and a desire for stability. Plus, some of those guys were probably getting paid better for less work at TNA than WWE would pay; weren't there rumors that WWE lowballed Styles hard when he got out of TNA?

    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Cuban in wrestling would be hilarious

    mods please ban for racism

    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Some of the people who stayed with TNA probably did so because it had a much lighter work schedule than WWE so they could spend more time with their families and work on stuff outside of wrestling as well.

  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Also let's face, WWE doesn't have a sterling record of pushing outside talent.

  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    So I am watching the HBK vs. HHH street fight match from 2002 Summerslam. I like it a lot. It looked like Michaels never missed a day of wrestling even though he was gone for four years. One thing that bothered me in the match was Earl Hebner getting into HHH's face repeatedly. A good ref should hardly be noticed, not trying to be the center of attention.

  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Something I always found interesting about that match is that I think HBK came out in street clothes on purpose, to try and play down the expectations of the match.

  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »
    I'll say this for Powerman 5000, their lead singer didn't release a bunch of shit horror films.

    But his brother did...

    Also, had a better metal band...

    And metal name..

    "Powerman 5000" may be the shittiest band name in the history of bands.

  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    Cuban in wrestling would be hilarious

    mods please ban for racism

    Crwth is a wrestling only mod his buttons just don't work

  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Legacy wrote: »
    I'll say this for Powerman 5000, their lead singer didn't release a bunch of shit horror films.

    But his brother did...

    Also, had a better metal band...

    And metal name..

    "Powerman 5000" may be the shittiest band name in the history of bands.

    Static X

  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    And to think...all this is pretty much because TNA lied about having rehired Russo and he accidentally CC'ed the wrong guy in an email.

    *edit* This was too good not to edit into this part
    sgxL6a5.gif

    Mr. Anderson reacts to the news

    Seriously...how much shit must Anderson/Kennedy eat after being let go for almost injuring Randy if he wants back into the WWE.

    I actually quite enjoyed Misteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer

    ...

    Kennedy

    ...

    ...

    ...

    ...

    Kennedy

    during his time in the WWE.

  • Options
    cornellcornell Registered User regular
    I know he isn't super popular around here, but I'd LOVE for Mr. Kennedy to come back to the upper mid-card.

  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if Russo puts a silhouette on his car door when he kills a company

    DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg




  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Some of the people who stayed with TNA probably did so because it had a much lighter work schedule than WWE so they could spend more time with their families and work on stuff outside of wrestling as well.

    Yep. Plus for a good long while they were based entirely off Orlando, meaning there was little to no road travel to eat up wrestler's paycheck.

    I can see the appeal for someone like Styles and Joe in that sense.

This discussion has been closed.