As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] Daniel Bryan chokes out criminal, tells cops he has till FIVE!

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    You going to post that on Tumblr Mike? Because I want that on my blog.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    MrDapper wrote: »
    You going to post that on Tumblr Mike? Because I want that on my blog.

when I do more of them probably. I have THE DEMON Kane and Paige finished, and plans for a bunch more roughed out.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to this becoming a series.

• Options
    I hope the TNA news means that Kurt Angle gets a training job or at least a legends contract at WWE.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    I thought Angle was planning on wrestling some more for WWE when his contract was up?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    He said that, whether WWE will let him is another thing.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I wonder how long WWE will wait for the TNA fire sale to buy their footage library. If for nothing else to have a complete chronical of all their former talent. If for nothing else to release full career libraries of Sting, Kurt, Team 3D, and such.

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    DodgeBlan wrote: »
    We all love the WWE because we love wrestling

but you'd be hard pressed to describe what the WWE does as 'good TV'

I mean sometimes it's fucking fantastic TV, like last RAW's final promo. But the average quality of content produced by the WWE over the last 5 years is pretty fucking dire, so I can understand why people who write about it professionally come off as pissy.

96bab45f56b7cc65d50b4080f352db84.jpg

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Wrestling is the most srs of srs business.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I kinda want Jeff Hardy and Bobby Lashley to join the WWE

maybe even Mr. Anderson

definitely Bully Ray and Devon

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I could definately see Bully and Devon come back to the WWE if TNA goes under.

NXT or WWE tag champs throw down an open challenge at a PPV. Most of the big teams all say back stage they will throw in on that. One by one WWE officials find all the teams beat up back stage and thrown through tables. Champs hit the ring to see who comes out and then the music hits...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eocwfWpJxM

Just imagine the nostalgia pop off that. I'd have picked Bombshell but I don't know if the WWE still has the rights from Powerman 5000 to use that song.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    MikeLLMikeLL What it do NEPHEW? Registered User regular
    I'd love to see Dudleys vs. the Wyatts.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    Congratulations to ROH who just become the 2nd biggest wrestling company in North America by default.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    TIL that most of the famous Samoan wrestlers in the WWE are all related Had no idea that Yoko, Usos, and Reigns were related to The Rock. This family is practically born with a wrestling contract in hand.

• Options
  • Options
    I think the sad case if TNA closes is what happens to Chris Parks. Dude literally gave his body to TNA since his arrival. Most everyone who is there currently could goto ROH, Japan, or even the WWE. Abyss on the other hand would pretty much be starting from scratch when they close the doors. I suppose he could goto Chikara since he is a masked wrestler. But I imagine the day they turn off the lights and close the doors he would still be inside the arena wondering where everyone went.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    is powerman 5000 even still around? Seems like it'd be easy enough to get the rights again

ed: wow, apparently they have released like four albums since tonight the stars revolt

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    is powerman 5000 even still around? Seems like it'd be easy enough to get the rights again

ed: wow, apparently they have released like four albums since tonight the stars revolt

Builders of the Future in 2014 So still around. Granted if they took one of their new songs and used it to promo a PPV they might be able to resecure the rights to Bombshell again. It was the best Dudley Theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agpi96_Ea2I

• Options
    I'll say this for Powerman 5000, their lead singer didn't release a bunch of shit horror films.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll say this for Powerman 5000, their lead singer didn't release a bunch of shit horror films.

But his brother did...

Also, had a better metal band...

And metal name..

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    You got to wonder why they kept Russo when everyone including the network wanted nothing more to do with him. Look at what it cost them. Why would you allow that to happen or even take that chance.

Russo can now claim to have killed two wrestling organizations.

Though it all falls on Dixie in the end. Her refusing to put the company before her own well being is the cause of everything since she wanted TV time and to have a say in everything if they sold the damn place.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Part of the reason TNA is not getting renewed on Spike is because Vince Russo is still involved with TNA.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    I think the sad case if TNA closes is what happens to Chris Parks. Dude literally gave his body to TNA since his arrival. Most everyone who is there currently could goto ROH, Japan, or even the WWE. Abyss on the other hand would pretty much be starting from scratch when they close the doors. I suppose he could goto Chikara since he is a masked wrestler. But I imagine the day they turn off the lights and close the doors he would still be inside the arena wondering where everyone went.

Ugh... Such a talented guy as well. Not only in the ring and on the mic but his character work is fantastic as well.

When he stopped being Abyss a few years ago and started playing "Chris Park" and was looking for his brother Abyss I had no idea it was Abyss for like the first few weeks.

His wrestling like he didn't know how to wrestle was also amazing.

• Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    No, that seems to be the entire reason as I was saying.

Spike wanted him gone, they were the reason he got fired in the first place. Then TNA secretly hires him again behind their back.

Who in their right mind would think THAT's a good idea.

• Options
    zllehs wrote: »

Ugh... Such a talented guy as well. Not only in the ring and on the mic but his character work is fantastic as well.

When he stopped being Abyss a few years ago and started playing "Chris Park" and was looking for his brother Abyss I had no idea it was Abyss for like the first few weeks.

His wrestling like he didn't know how to wrestle was also amazing.

Totally agree. Chris Park was my favorite aspect of Abyss since his introduction as The Monster with James Mitchell as his manager.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    So it doesn't sound like spike wants nothing to do with wrestling... It sounds like they want nothing to do with wrestling companies that have Russo on the payroll.

I would like to think that they are going after ROH but they have a good relationship with Jeff Jarrett so GFW might be more likely.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    I am sure either WWE or ROH will at least use Abyss in the short term. A guy that size does not come every day.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    And to think...all this is pretty much because TNA lied about having rehired Russo and he accidentally CC'ed the wrong guy in an email.

*edit* This was too good not to edit into this part
    sgxL6a5.gif

Mr. Anderson reacts to the news

Seriously...how much shit must Anderson/Kennedy eat after being let go for almost injuring Randy if he wants back into the WWE.

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I am sure either WWE or ROH will at least use Abyss in the short term. A guy that size does not come every day.

I doubt WWE would. He would get plenty of work on the indies, though. ROH and Chikara would both love him, as would Dreamer's promotion.

CuvisTheConqueror on
    xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Abyss is 40 years old, no way WWE takes him. Especially with the style he's used over the years.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options

I doubt WWE would. He would get plenty of work on the indies, though. ROH and Chikara would both love him, as would Dreamer's promotion.

What about Joe? Brought in as the angry uncle of the Usos. Joe Uso joins the Samoan invasion!

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

What about Joe? Brought in as the angry uncle of the Usos. Joe Uso joins the Samoan invasion!

I'd be very happy with that, and Joe and HHH have supposedly been in touch recently.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Joe is actually just about the only Samoan in the business not related to that family.

If WWE brings in anybody it's maybe going to be Angle for one last run and possibly Joe and Aries just so HHH can complete his set of ROH wrestlers. I believe he can then get a free glow in the dark Hallowicked.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    New thread title should be amazing with recent news.

• Options
    Joe is actually just about the only Samoan in the business not related to that family.

If WWE brings in anybody it's maybe going to be Angle for one last run and possibly Joe and Aries just so HHH can complete his set of ROH wrestlers. I believe he can then get a free glow in the dark Hallowicked.

I could see them bringing MVP back as well. He supposedly left on good terms, and WWE needs high-end babyfaces at the moment.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I'm debating a last minute change to [Wrestling] NXT wins the Thursday night war.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    If the WWE wanted anyone from TNA they would have brought them in long ago.

Maybe they bring in Angle and the Dudleys for a Hall of Fame run, but I can't see them bringing cast offs like MVP or Anderson.

• Options

I could see them bringing MVP back as well. He supposedly left on good terms, and WWE needs high-end babyfaces at the moment.

Eh, they really don't need him or really anybody from that roster. NXT is crowded with talent as is and the main roster's quite strong too.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I'm debating a last minute change to [Wrestling] NXT wins the Thursday night war.

Yup, I was right.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I can imagine this being the state of many TNA guys pretty soon.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=dCnF50chQ3I

wirehead26 on
This discussion has been closed.