As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Our Final Boss is not the biggest bad

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Ashe and Yorick picks watisdis.
    Not gonna see Ashe/Yorick much after this game. What a shitshow.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

Kassadin is very fun to watch and super balanced. /s

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    And then a 3v5. In my favor, but still - how is this a fair game?

Whatever.

With Love and Courage
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

Kassadin is very fun to watch and super balanced. /s
    They gave them ultimate lategame team. Ryze, Kassadin, Kog'Maw. And then had the game drag out to 50 minutes. So dumb.

Also, Yorick with a non-supercarry ADC. Pretty questionable.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    So this support, kaSing...they're pronouncing it basically to rhyme with cha-ching (as in, a cash register noise), but shouldn't it be pronounsed KS'ing, as in, to kill steal?

This guy is so nervous during his post match interview. I feel bad for guys like this as they get acclimated to the spotlight.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Spoony wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Okay...

Quill Coat is actually a nerf to tanky junglers.

It does not sustain nearly as much (for health) as Spirit Stone did. I was net losing health (barely) even with Golem, Tabi, and Chain Mail on Sejuani. That's a fuckton of armor (Sej's passive gives another 30ish I think? Not sure offhand), but I still couldn't gain any health back off a camp. I had to back so fucking much early game.

Also, the loss of a 20% damage boost from Spirit Stone is huge - 1.66% HP/sec does not add up to what a 20% boost to Sej's W and E does to slaughter multi-target camps.

It desperately needs a buff, and it needs it NOW.

Quill Coat and SotAG seemed to be aimed at single-target, HP stacking junglers like Volibear. The trouble is it doesn't help clear speed for virtually anybody. The Volibears and Warwicks of the world still have a slow clear and AoE junglers like Amumu or Sejuani lose out on their 20% bonus damage, which will slow them down vs. Elder Lizard or Spectral Wraith.

The sustain is fine on the items, but the sustain was fine for just about everybody once you got your Madstone.

I can't agree on that last bit - I was bleeding horribly with Sejuani with quill, especially compared to spirit stone. I think even my mana regen was better with spirit stone and it's heavily penalized for being all AoE spells.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Well, that was brutal.

• JookieJookie Registered User regular
    b2e8d379e7.jpg
    What.

butts
    Anyone tried the Maokai rework yet?

• lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Cyrenic wrote: »
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Very unhappy with the removal of private chat rooms. They don't have any other functionality to replace what they provided. Was a good way to organize communities, with no real downside.

I thought they just closed public chat rooms?

Is there a difference between closing public chat rooms and removing them?

edit: Oh, distinguishing between public and private chat rooms. Is there such a thing as a private chat room (other than the ones created for a party before a game)?

The penny arcade room is a private room, for example.

Ah, ok. I see. To me, a private room is one you cannot enter without permission or a password. As long as private (ahem unlisted) rooms are still ok, I'm happy.

I would download a car.
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Kinda makes me wonder if SotEG might be useful on Mundo even if he's not jungling as a late item, once you've stacked up some health.

• JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I think you're probably better off just stacking more Warmogs than buying SotAG on Mundo if you're not jungling. I mean, the breakpoint where SotAG gives more HP from its passive than a Warmogs is when you have over 4000 bonus health, and it is cheaper, so there's that to consider.

I figured they were going to hit Skarner's damage this patch, but I just played him and it didn't hurt that badly. I mean, losing damage sucks, but still. Unless they nerf how god damned well he synergizes with both Elder Lizard and Frozen Fist, he's simply not going to go out of my repertoire. Of my ranked games that got me into gold and now in a promo up to gold 4, I've gotten 7 Skarner games in, and i'm 5-2 with a 7/4/12 average. Just dominating.

edited July 2014
    Also, I don't know wtf happened, but my juking shoes turned into Reebok Pumps or some such after taking my break from the game. It must be just non stop watching LCS and diamond players, but my ability to realize when I need to bail out of a skirmish or team fight as well as my ability to bait people into trying to skillshot me and dodge them while running away low health have improved like tenfold since the last time I played a lot. I wish i had a recording of my last game, because i was like 100 health just running circles between this Zac and Morgana baiting all their CC as Skarner and avoided it all to get away. It was hilarious.

Joshmvii on
    edited July 2014
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    I think you're probably better off just stacking more Warmogs than buying SotAG on Mundo if you're not jungling. I mean, the breakpoint where SotAG gives more HP from its passive than a Warmogs is when you have over 4000 bonus health, and it is cheaper, so there's that to consider.

I figured they were going to hit Skarner's damage this patch, but I just played him and it didn't hurt that badly. I mean, losing damage sucks, but still. Unless they nerf how god damned well he synergizes with both Elder Lizard and Frozen Fist, he's simply not going to go out of my repertoire. Of my ranked games that got me into gold and now in a promo up to gold 4, I've gotten 7 Skarner games in, and i'm 5-2 with a 7/4/12 average. Just dominating.

Right, but SotAG is 830 less gold to build. Let's say you're going a pretty standard Mundo top build:

Spirit Visage (400hp)
    Sunfire Cape (450hp)
    Boots2 (0hp)
    Warmog's (1000hp)

EG gets you 200 bonus health off the bat and then another 287.5HP (does this round up or down? IDK) through the passive. You also snag 10% CDR and 20 armor. The item becomes gold efficient if the health passive provides 749g in stats, and 287HP is worth around 763 gold.

That said, thinking about it more, it's probably still not a very efficient purchase unless you ended the game before earning another ~5000g (at which point you'd have been able to afford another Warmogs or some other item and a sixth item).

Dehumanized on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular

Picking up SotAG is better than stacking Warmog's. Two Warmog's is 2000 HP for 5660 gold, a Warmog's and SotAG is 1500 HP, 20 armour, 10% CDR and a free ward for 4830 gold.

That's not even factoring in the health from runes, masteries, or other items; pick up a Giant's Belt afterwards and you're paying 170 gold more than two Warmog's for only 25 less HP and all those extras.

Yeah, that's probably true. Not that you're going to get to a 4th full item in most games as a top lane Mundo anyway, but I can agree after Visage/Sunfire/Warmogs/Boots 2 it'd be a fine buy on top Mundo. I'd argue Randuins would probably be a better buy than SotAG if they hadn't nerfed it, but they did.

I mean, health stacking was killed when they introduced BotRK, and it's only worse now that the on hit is better than it was, but they have to do something to get the tanky junglers back in the game.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    does the new quil coat make mundo jungle viable again

I MUST KNOW THIS.

Roz wrote: »

I MUST KNOW THIS.

Probably not, it doesn't seem like that good an item so far. :(

Gives decent map control and lets tanks scale well into late game, but it doesn't help their early game which was the real problem for most of them.

• RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    RIOT WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME!?!?!?

Yeah, that's probably true. Not that you're going to get to a 4th full item in most games as a top lane Mundo anyway, but I can agree after Visage/Sunfire/Warmogs/Boots 2 it'd be a fine buy on top Mundo. I'd argue Randuins would probably be a better buy than SotAG if they hadn't nerfed it, but they did.

I mean, health stacking was killed when they introduced BotRK, and it's only worse now that the on hit is better than it was, but they have to do something to get the tanky junglers back in the game.

Oh yeah, in most situations you'd be way better off stacking a big armor/MR item (depending on opposition) after your Warmogs since it's so likely that 2-3 of your opponents will have BoRKs anyways.

edited July 2014
    Looks like the Sona update's on PBE;
    Passive - Power Chord:

Q Powerchord amplification down from +100% damage to +50% damage

Q - Hymn of Valor
    • Creates a 300 unit aura that lasts for 3 seconds.
    • Sona and allies touched by the aura get 40/50/60/70/80 (+0.25 AP) bonus magic damage on their next auto attack. Buff lasts 3 seconds
    • Each ally Sona tags with the aura increases the duration of the aura by 0.5 seconds
    • Cooldown increased to 10 seconds from 7 seconds
    • No longer grants persistent AP and AD aura
    • Mana cost increased by 5 at all ranks (50/55/60/65/70)

W - Aria of Perseverance
    • Initial cast heals Sona plus the lowest health nearby ally for 25/50/75/100/125 (+ 0.25 AP) heath. This heal is increased by 1% for each 1% missing health of the target.
    • Creates a 300 unit aura that lasts for 3 seconds.
    • Sona and her allies touched by the aura get a shield that blocks 40/60/80/100/120 (+0.2 AP) damage.
    • Each ally Sona tags with the aura increases the duration of the aura by 0.5 seconds
    • No longer grants persistent MR and Armor aura
    • Mana cost increased by 5 at all ranks (65/70/75/80/85)

E - Song of Celerity
    • Initial cast grants Sona a boost of 13%/14%/15%/16%/17% + (7.5% for every 100 AP) move speed. This decays down to the amount Sona grants to her allies.
    • Creates a 300 unit aura that lasts for 3 seconds
    • Grants allies touched by the aura 10%/11%/12%/13%/14% move speed for 1.5 seconds.
    • No longer grants persistent move speed aura
    • No longer grants allies % move speed on cast

R - Crescendo
    • Ranking up Crescendo increases the strength of Sona’s auras
    • +10/20/30 magic damage for Hymn of Valor
    • +10/20/30 extra shield for Aria of Perseverance
    • +2%/4%/6% move speed for Song of Celerity
    • Crescendo has new VFX that more accurately show the affected area of the spell

The biggest worry for me here is that 300 units on her auras is absolutely nothing. Janna's aura is 800 units and it feels on the small side, so having to be within melee distance of an ally for them to benefit from her skills is going to feel really weird.

On paper it looks like she scales a bit better into the late game (especially if she can tag her allies), but her laning might be weaker.

Burnage on
  • TheSmackerTheSmacker Registered User regular
    Does the aura only tag during the initial cast, or any time during the duration? Can it tag the same person multiple times and extend the aura indefinitely?

It still looks like the same Sona to me except she'll get insta-gibbed even more now trying to position to hit her allies with auras.

Also they really need to either increase the projectile speed on Crescendo even more or just make it instant. I saw a red post saying that would make the ability too good, but as long as flash-Tibbers exists that rings hollow to me.

Roz wrote: »

I MUST KNOW THIS.

I don't think Mundo is going to be competitive viable, but I think he's fine to play in solo queue with the new SotAG. He still suffers from being a guy who wants tons of HP in a game that has 1+ BotRKs being built per game though. He doesn't suffer from ass clear speed like most tank junglers so he at least has that going for him.

Oh god, I just realized that my playing this game again means I'm going to start spending tons of money on skins again. WTF have I done.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Oh god, I just realized that my playing this game again means I'm going to start spending tons of money on skins again. WTF have I done.

Been there, done that. At least most of the money went into presents for friends who should've come around on this sooner!

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited July 2014
    So is there a guide to what are the best runes these days? I'm progressing through gold so I'm doing okay, but I realized I'm still using all my old rune pages and they did that rework while I wasn't playing. My pages almost all have armor yellows, MR blues, and then AS/AD/hybrid pen/magic pen reds, AD/move speed/lifesteal/AP quints depending on role, etc. Just all the standard stuff you'd expect from before they changed it up.

Joshmvii on
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I tried to watch the EU LCS yesterday after work, and after the 20 minute surrender to start the day, I turned it off by the end of the Roccat game. It was just painful to watch. I've played that match, I don't need to see epros play it.

Wrt the above Sona rework above: does her R no longer stun? Or does it now buff her other spells ontop of stunning?

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I tried to watch the EU LCS yesterday after work, and after the 20 minute surrender to start the day, I turned it off by the end of the Roccat game. It was just painful to watch. I've played that match, I don't need to see epros play it.

Wrt the above Sona rework above: does her R no longer stun? Or does it now buff her other spells ontop of stunning?

Looks like it still does the same thing, it's just got one of those "Hey you leveled up be better," clauses Riot has become so fond of instead of actual itemization-based scaling.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

edited July 2014
    TheSmacker wrote: »
    Does the aura only tag during the initial cast, or any time during the duration? Can it tag the same person multiple times and extend the aura indefinitely?

It can tag at any time during the duration, but tagging the same person multiple times doesn't do anything. Tag all four of your teammates and you're looking at +2 seconds for the auras, which isn't especially high considering the amount of work necessary to do that.
    Penumbra wrote: »

Her R still stuns, that part's unchanged.

Burnage on
    Man, I really want them to make that battlecast skarner that was teased before. I have no Skarner skin because I don't like his current ones. Robot scorpion would be the best.

Yeah, 3 seconds on a 10 second cooldown is hardly an aura. And 300 range is pathetic.

They talked about using her E to position her to land the other auras on teammates, but 17% is still in the "hardly noticable" range.

I'm fairly sure they somehow expect Sona to reach 400+ AP consistently when they've nerfed her survivability to the point she blows up if she buys anything without defensive stats on it.

It's worth noting they've pushed that Sona rework onto the PBE very early in it's development. So like the Xerath rework, it's going to be cooking for a while.

I'll throw out a guess that her auras are going to get a range buff.

edited July 2014
    Probably, yeah. The cooldown thing is dumb, since it's directly antithetical to what Sona players expect to do. It'd be like adding 3 seconds to all Udyr's cooldowns.

Still, it doesn't look to have addressed her biggest issue, which is that she's ridiculously squishy without building tons of defenses.

Polaritie on
    Another win with Skarner. Enemy team was demanding more nerfs to him as soon as I started like 5-0. My top lane Shyv was handling Riven, so Lee comes, but I counter gank. Normally I wouldn't want to fight a Riven and Lee early game, but they were tunneling so hard to kill Shyvana(they didn't, she kited them out perfectly) that they just let me get the double kill.

Then my bot lane was a bit behind early as Varus/Thresh against Lucian/Nami, but lol it's Varus/Thresh so I just came forever and they just used their CC and lanterned me in for ganks until I won them the lane. Props to our mid Kat for great roaming and getting fed on her own too while I won bot lane for us and controlled dragons.

Polaritie wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure they somehow expect Sona to reach 400+ AP consistently when they've nerfed her survivability to the point she blows up if she buys anything without defensive stats on it.

Yeah, I think this is part of the problem with her kit. On one hand she's clearly designed to be a fragile caster and a lot of her numbers appear dependent on getting a lot of AP, yet when actually playing her she's most impactful when getting up close to the enemy and building her as anything squishier than an AP bruiser is asking for trouble. She's already got a really low damage range, and this rework would make her overall sphere of influence tiny - she's going to need to get into the front lines to have the most impact.

With that in mind, I'd actually kind of like to see her Q and maybe auto-attack range get lowered but have her base stats buffed substantially as compensation. Really embrace the "shotgun Sona" idea.

I really wish I wasn't in a promo right now because I would dodge the shit out of the lobby I'm in right now. I'm 1-0 in my promo though and don't want to eat a loss. There's 2 guys fighting about how one of them carried the other to a win their last game, then a 3rd guy just telling everybody to suck his nuts.

We shall see if I can Scorpion carry these children.

• RendRend Registered User regular
    I really wish I wasn't in a promo right now because I would dodge the shit out of the lobby I'm in right now. I'm 1-0 in my promo though and don't want to eat a loss. There's 2 guys fighting about how one of them carried the other to a win their last game, then a 3rd guy just telling everybody to suck his nuts.

Carry them on your crystalline back.

Rend wrote: »

Carry them on your crystalline back.

And if that doesn't work ult them all and drag them.

edited July 2014
    Okay, I just got fed a HUGE slice of humble pie. Both the dudes who were bitching at each other in champ select played like bosses. The Vayne carried the game HARD, and I honestly played like shit. My Skarner average has been like 7/3/12 and this game I was 2/5/12, including losing a smite battle at Dragon to Shyvana which I never ever do, and losing a baron when my smite wasn't up and I didn't tell my team to back off it and Shyv stole it too.

I was pretty scared because the enemy Kat roamed and got fed as hell, and had a QSS and Zhonyas, so it was this battle of do I hold my ult for her since she was the major threat, and even if I do, can we kill her knowing she can break my ult. I had to try to make sure to ult her as soon as she started ulting or my team would explode. Really it was just the Vayne that won us the game.

I'm hanging with the big dogs, my MMR has me against Gold 1 to Plat 4 now, and that win put me straight from gold 5 to gold 3, so it's whatever. I can't carry every game, but it just goes to show me even when people talk like morons in chat sometimes they're the ones who will carry you. =)

Joshmvii on
  • LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Played bot with a sona yesterday as Ashe sona vs Leona cait. And every singe time Leona used E on sona she insta died and she did so every single time Sona came back after just dying. So honestly they can buff sonas auras dmg ult i don't care as long as someone can pick Leona I will never approve of sona as support until she gets a propper hp buff.. Like make her Q deal 500 damage level 1 it won't matter at all, 1 Thresh hook or Leona jump and dead.

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.