As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Awkward Thread

1939495969799»

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    I once got sent out of class at school because my teacher thought that Je Ne Sais Quoi was some sort of offensively suggestive term

I did consider correcting her but thought that my reputation could hardly be damaged by the idea that I know a selection of sexy french phrases

Omelet du Fromage

Take me now.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Stale wrote: »
    yeah, I've never been a beer drinker.

Bourbon. Beam and coke. Yes sir.

Me and you, you ornery old bastard.

A summer afternoon, a bottle of top shelf scotch, some quality cigars, and a couple of lounge chairs on a beach somewhere...

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    That sounds pretty perfect.

sig.gif
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Someone,

Anyone,

Grill me a cheese.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So I have a fear of anything small, flying, and that buzzes

Even if it's just like a house fly flying past my ear. I hear the buzz, adrenaline kicks in and I leap away.

I stepped in a hornet's nest when I was 3. A wee child playing in the yard one early fall day. Out with my mom. Step into some leaves by a fence. Bam. Hornet's nest. So yeah, never really something I got over.

So I'm in the shower this morning, right on schedule to make my bus and get to work on time. When suddenly, I hear the buzz. We found a couple wasps in our apartment a couple days ago because they like to hang out by our balcony and sometimes they get in. So I hear the buzz, and I react. I throw the shower curtain to the side without even shutting the water off, reach for my towel, get the door between the toilet/shower and the sinks open just far enough to fall out of the shower face first as my back foot catches the side of the tub.

And that's how a house fly made me late for work this morning.

Directed by Rian Johnson

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    I didn't. Makes sense though. Now I can sprinkle it anywhere, thus lending a certain je ne said quoi to my manner of speech/postings.

edit: Oh no, I've shown of my ignorance by imitating a typo and then made an awkward edit describing it.

And then made a typo in the edit highlighting the awkwardness of that typo

http://youtu.be/IXLDv-fUINM

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Well, time to kill myself.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I once had a college US History course where the instructor spent the entire class explaining in great detail how to make a stil for moonshine. He made sure we knew the correct temperature so you don't go blind.

Somewhere I have that notebook with the schematics I painstakingly copied off the chalkboard.

I remember first moving to the Sacramento area and near enough to one of the colleges to pick up the occasional lecture on tv.

One could be described as "Crystal Meth: it's history and creation". Professor actually explained how Stockton gangs would purchase and process large cases of ephedra and how they would break it down/convert it. He explained how this was done chemically though and not in any practice terms ("remove these two molicules and there's your base. Add this string and now you got crystal.")

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    You'll live on in our memories, Paul Abel

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    I once had a college US History course where the instructor spent the entire class explaining in great detail how to make a stil for moonshine. He made sure we knew the correct temperature so you don't go blind.

Somewhere I have that notebook with the schematics I painstakingly copied off the chalkboard.

I remember first moving to the Sacramento area and near enough to one of the colleges to pick up the occasional lecture on tv.

One could be described as "Crystal Meth: it's history and creation". Professor actually explained how Stockton gangs would purchase and process large cases of ephedra and how they would break it down/convert it. He explained how this was done chemically though and not in any practice terms ("remove these two molicules and there's your base. Add this string and now you got crystal.")

You know you can find out that kind of information in seconds on Google.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Also, how to make all kinds of explosives and other nasty shit, like biological agents and things like ricin.

Hi NSA! How's it going? I hope you're having a nice weekend. Don't worry about me, I'm not into any of that shit. Please don't ban me from ever visiting North America, there's lots of cool people there I'd like to meet.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    This has been a fun thread

Well then the title lied.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Awkward? well we learned about some really awkward things from people's lives.
    I do hope we have another thread so we can see Ronnie mine us for ideas.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Theres already a Ronnie thread!

• Options
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Theres already a Ronnie thread!

But where else can he get ideas when in a slump for that hard chuckle

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Ugggggggggggh I miss being allowed to post as Drunk Pooro

Drunk Pooro wouldn't care what he was and wasn't "allowed" to do

• Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    It's mega raining here and I've done all the stuff I had to do. So pleasant.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    The newspaper was talking about the high praise we get for the constant sunny weather
    IT SUCKS
    Weather implies rain and such not constant sun!

• Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Oh my goodness I am going to miss this thread so much you guys

And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I've gone back over my posts and actions for the past few months, and I think my anti-anxiety medication is making my mood erratic at best. I'm no longer depressed or anxious, but I'm increasingly hostile and angry in spurts. I've been combative and contradictory for little to no reason and I'm not even noticing it. I think my meds are turning me into an internet troll.

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Or you always were an internet troll but too anxious to really do anything about it

• Options
    Or you know.. something more supportive than that >>

• Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    today at work I slapped myself to kill a fly

• Options
    Tam wrote: »
    today at work I slapped myself to kill a fly

TheFly100311.jpg?itok=oIxN64Z8

@Tam ?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    no I slapped myself in front of a customer
    and the fly died from sympathetic embarrassment

• Options
    (no but I killed that fucker because it landed on my temple like I'm some kind of dirty smelly motherfucker)

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Flies are attracted to sugary things and it chose you 'cause you're so sweet

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I thought the vinegar thing was established

• Options
    I clearly got up on the wrong side of the bed today.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Hermano wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »
    Irish Carbombs.

:|

got a problem, friend

Just what Fyndir said, that's a pretty shitty name for a drink, no problem with you personally
    I always wondered if the drink had a different name in other countries, or if they just didn't have it at all
    It's a pretty tasty drink.
    my local guide in Dublin said they were called "depth charges", but also that the phrase could refer to any kind of dropped shot. i assume this one just tended to be the most popular with tourists, so it needed no further elaboration.

edit to add that we asked if they had the drink where you drop a shot of Jameson's and Bailey's into a Guinness. and i also have a story of Irish awkwardness, but it takes some knowledge of Native American history to fully explain, and i don't think i have time to type it before the thread ends.

awkward bug stories: there was a mosquito flying around at work a couple weeks ago. i knew this, because she had already munched on me. my coworker, M, who is actually also a minor boss, was speaking to a customer a little further down the counter from my register. i happen to notice a mosquito on her wrist, and knowing the misery the little fucker has already inflicted on me (the mosquito, not my coworker), i slap it. M looks a bit confused, i immediately apologized/explained, but i imagine the customer was a bit perturbed.

last week, it being a particularly rainy couple of days again, one landed on my chest. so any customer in the dining room happening to look my way was treated to the sight of me slapping my collarbone, then looking mildly disgusted.

another edit: Tam gets it.

pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    well

it's time for us to say our awkward goodbyes

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    well

"See you in another thread guys

love you bye"

shit

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    well

That's when I lean in to hug you and a little fart squeaks out, right?

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    And then we walk out the same direction

• Options
    FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    well

That's when I lean in to hug you and a little fart squeaks out, right?

Well just hug him more gently...

This discussion has been closed.