Options

Game Grumps: Now with MORE WOLFJOB

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm watching the RTX cards against humanity thing, and it's really just... great. If Miles from Rooster Teeth wasn't so annoying I would love every second of it.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Could be worse... they could've had Michael or Gavin. Edit: I personally like Miles.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The fact that the RT folks and GG were in the same room excites me. I am waiting for the perfect time to watch the RTX vid, but I already know it's gonna be awesome. I know Ray was a huge GG fan before and he always dropped GG references in the Let's Play videos they do.

• Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Ray was the best part outside of the game grumps. The other RT were all from live production and rwby

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    Kinda wished they at least had one of the founders playing, Gus or Burnie seem tailor made for this type of game.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Sadly I just haven't followed Rooster Teeth since maybe the Halo 2 era of Red Vs Blue. Can't say why. I guess at the time I just had a lot of stuff go on and I just stopped watching for the longest time :(

• Options
    They tried getting RvB into a more serious tone with mixed results and I have grown apart from its usual brand of humor.
    But their addition of famed action-orgasmic choreographer and animator Monty Oum to the staff has certainly sent them over the top.

I really can't say much about his RWBY creation he made with the RT staff, as I have yet to watch it. Though I have a BD copy to show my support.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Their shows are just ehhhh to me now, their podcasts and let's plays though... pure gold. The main channel has a wealth of content! They are making a movie! The LetsPlay channel has the AH crew who all are hilarious, and they are located like 2 miles from where I live so sometimes I see them in coffee shops and shit around Austin.
    Google Vs Gavin!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljOUstE_sOk

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I want to keep watching them play Shovel Knight. It's still not out in Europe and I would've liked to play it myself first before watching someone else do it.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    Grumps vs one of the laggiest NES games ever made?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FohBsp2eYqg

steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ivqq7O1Jg

Remember how I thought it was charming that they were pretending not to use a walkthrough?

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    ...but it does seem like the core gameplay is comprised of slowly navigating a featureless wasteland, avoiding equally slow bad guys, and looking for random items.

Ha, welcome to roguelikes!

I guess "slow" is the operative word there. And "featureless". I imagine I can't change religions or become blind or experience any of the other crazy complexities that are common in that genre with this game. Maybe that's where the presents come in, I guess.

It isn't slow if you use items though, one of which actually increases your speed and there are items that let you actually attack (and kill) enemies. It's basically them not paying any attention whatsoever to anything (again) and failing to explore what a game does. For example, it takes Arin forever to realize that you have access to items that give you boosts in Decap attack (another well rated Genesis game).

Honestly, the way he writes off these games is pretty infuriating and it's one of the reasons why I think they are funny, but I don't respect his opinions on games anymore at all.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    Honestly, Toejam and Earl looked boring as hell.

And that's not me dickriding Arin, as a lot of his opinions I disagree with. That game just looked super dated and not in a charming kind of way.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    It was mostly boring because they used no items and basically didn't explore what makes the game, which is that it's randomly generated, full of a ton of secrets (which you access by dropping off higher levels back onto lower ones) and you don't just have to passively sneak by enemies (or slowly walk everywhere). They literally showed the game in the absolute worst way possible.

But because it's not on SNES/NES, where they have played some absolutely fucking dreadful shit for much longer than one ten minute episode, they didn't bother playing it any further. Like they are giving Contra Force, literally a piece of garbage, far more of a fair chance than an actually widely recognized classic.

But again, this is why I don't respect his opinions about games at all (as well as how dreadfully he plays some games).

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I imagine a large part of it is that they get more material in a video if they discover neat new mechanics while recording, vs reading everything about how to play the game beforehand. It's often a method that works, but it gives simpler games an "advantage," if you want to look at it that way.

On an unrelated note, Shovel Knight is charming as fuck.

• Options
    Aegeri wrote: »
    It was mostly boring because they used no items and basically didn't explore what makes the game, which is that it's randomly generated, full of a ton of secrets (which you access by dropping off higher levels back onto lower ones) and you don't just have to passively sneak by enemies (or slowly walk everywhere). They literally showed the game in the absolute worst way possible.

But because it's not on SNES/NES, where they have played some absolutely fucking dreadful shit for much longer than one ten minute episode, they didn't bother playing it any further. Like they are giving Contra Force, literally a piece of garbage, far more of a fair chance than an actually widely recognized classic.

But again, this is why I don't respect his opinions about games at all (as well as how dreadfully he plays some games).

No, it looks boring because it's a bland bunch of 90's stereotypes.

• Options
    My face everytime someone complains about Arin's opinions in this thread
    2m6ubdk.jpg

• Options
    There's some charm to the most damning quality of Arin being his shit taste in video games.

• Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I'm just saying,

I am not going to listen to a man who loses to star wolf in Star Fox 64 tell me why Zelda is a bad game.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    I get that he doesn't like beat-em-ups, but I will throw Arin in fire for condemning TMNT: Turtles in Time (the SNES being the better iteration).
    Granted, that game is only worth playing on the hardest difficulty setting and knowing how to use grabs effectively (which is every time).

There's more games I tend to disagree with him on, but that's one off the top of my head.

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I don't even care what games he doesn't like. It's that instead of saying he doesn't like them, he says they're bad games and you're an idiot for liking them.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »

I thought it had been well established that they're not very good at games, especially when it comes to figuring out new mechanics while playing, so it's hardly surprising that the Toejam episode went the way it did. Didn't stop it from being boring though so that's why they went on.

Contra Force may be shit, but it's entertaining shit.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Personally I preferred ToeJam and Earl 2 over the first one. A co-op platformer with awesome music? Yes please.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    I think Dan meant he's preparing for a colonoscopy. Pretty sure Endoscopies are through the mouth/throat and you don't have to cleanse your bowels with that drink.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilRPFIO11tc

That is a goddamn insult to the concept of videogame cheat codes.

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I think Dan meant he's preparing for a colonoscopy. Pretty sure Endoscopies are through the mouth/throat and you don't have to cleanse your bowels with that drink.

Or his doctor is fucking with him, for shits and giggles.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »

*Danny opens mouth*
    "Guess again"

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Shimshai wrote: »

Definitely for shits. *Bah Dum Kssh*

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
  • Options
    My brother got himself and me tickets to PAX South and wondered to myself if I should do any cosplay.

For what ever demented reason the first thing that came to mind was going as Ninja Brian from the Unicorn Wizard video. More specifically as Princess Handjob.

I can't decide if this is a crazy idea or The Best Thing Ever! since the creation of Butt Ball.

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Terrible news everyone!

Danny Sexbang will no longer be on Game Grumps.

He's gone and joined ISIS.
    _76197081_raqqa-flag.jpg

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Sadly I just haven't followed Rooster Teeth since maybe the Halo 2 era of Red Vs Blue. Can't say why. I guess at the time I just had a lot of stuff go on and I just stopped watching for the longest time :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke9wtbzGjCI

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Terrible news everyone!

Danny Sexbang will no longer be on Game Grumps.

He's gone and joined ISIS.
    _76197081_raqqa-flag.jpg

This was a terrbile post on several levels, and you should be ashamed of it.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

I caught up with Seasons 1-5 but this clip really makes me want to hunt down the rest.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

On mobile and can't watch it at the moment, but was that the video where
    Tex punches Griff in the dick for like ten minutes?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    Why yes.

Yes it is

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    From the Weird Al AMA:
    Followup question, they (Arin and Danny) do a show called GameGrumps on youtube that's quite popular and it was recently brought up that they would love to have you as a guest for an episode. Would you consider that? Just hang out, play video games, and shoot the breeze with those awesome guys?

Weird Al: Yes, I know those guys and I like their stuff (although I probably wouldn't play their material for my daughter!) Happy to do the show... they can feel free to contact me through my record label or my manager.

Also, the most torturous episode of KQ6 so far, I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIwpMEm1D8I&list=UU9CuvdOVfMPvKCiwdGKL3cQ

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »
    From the Weird Al AMA:
    Followup question, they (Arin and Danny) do a show called GameGrumps on youtube that's quite popular and it was recently brought up that they would love to have you as a guest for an episode. Would you consider that? Just hang out, play video games, and shoot the breeze with those awesome guys?

Weird Al: Yes, I know those guys and I like their stuff (although I probably wouldn't play their material for my daughter!) Happy to do the show... they can feel free to contact me through my record label or my manager.

Oh god, Weird Al for Guest Grumps...

...Yeah, okay I'd watch the shit out of that.

This discussion has been closed.