Options

Game Grumps: Now with MORE WOLFJOB

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Weird Al seems a little too PG/PG-13 for Game Grumps' rather R-Rated show, no? That seems like it would be a poor fit.

Plus, isn't Game Grumps better suited for folks that are somehow associated with the videogame industry? I don't peg Weird Al as much of a videogame player, though I'm more than welcome to be corrected on it.

I'd rather see someone like Tim Schafer make an appearance, so they could play some Tim Schafer games and he could talk about his career as a developer.

Or hell, even the oft-rumored Zelda Williams is a better fit, since they could pop in Link's Awakening, The Minish Cap, or heck, even Majora's Mask.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    From the Weird Al AMA:
    Followup question, they (Arin and Danny) do a show called GameGrumps on youtube that's quite popular and it was recently brought up that they would love to have you as a guest for an episode. Would you consider that? Just hang out, play video games, and shoot the breeze with those awesome guys?

Weird Al: Yes, I know those guys and I like their stuff (although I probably wouldn't play their material for my daughter!) Happy to do the show... they can feel free to contact me through my record label or my manager.

Also, the most torturous episode of KQ6 so far, I think:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIwpMEm1D8I&list=UU9CuvdOVfMPvKCiwdGKL3cQ

All that creature of the night talk made me think of nothing but this:

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Weird Al seems a little too PG/PG-13 for Game Grumps' rather R-Rated show, no? That seems like it would be a poor fit.

Plus, isn't Game Grumps better suited for folks that are somehow associated with the videogame industry? I don't peg Weird Al as much of a videogame player, though I'm more than welcome to be corrected on it.

I'd rather see someone like Tim Schafer make an appearance, so they could play some Tim Schafer games and he could talk about his career as a developer.

Or hell, even the oft-rumored Zelda Williams is a better fit, since they could pop in Link's Awakening, The Minish Cap, or heck, even Majora's Mask.

Nah, Weird Al is firmly into the nerd-ery to the degree that he's appropriate on any sort of media of the sort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9qYF9DZPdw

And honestly, I imagine Danny and Arin would be more than happy to tone it down for him; though you're right that their usual content might be a put off for him to be interested in the first place.

I just read an interview from him earlier today discussing his newest (and likely last) studio album that's out now, and how going forward he's just going to use the internet and youtube like everyone else and let his work speak for itself instead of trying to do a semi-yearly studio album. It wouldn't be a bad move for him to drop by any number of these shows with massive numbers of subscribers like game grumps. But he was also asked about his 'wholesome' image and he said that while it wasn't entirely intentional, he loves the universal appeal it's allowed him, with his shows having people from all generations represented. Now that we're into the third or so generation of gamers, that realm too is somewhat 'universal' in that same sense, though, again, definitely cruder with Game Grumps.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oddly enough, I don't recall Al ever doing a song specifically about video games.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Oddly enough, I don't recall Al ever doing a song specifically about video games.

I think he's made an off-hand reference to them one or twice but generally his stuff is more geared toward food or just universally nerdy concepts.

His stuff is generally set up so it requires very little prior knowledge in order to find it funny.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=941ssF8yIr8

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    I have been shamed.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Ah, I don't blame you for not knowing - It's a really early song, and was never offically released, for reasons you can probably guess.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    It would be odd since Danny is basically a better version of Weird Al in every way.

• Options
    RubycatRubycat Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    ^opinions^
    Danny does not equal, nor is he greater or less great than Al.

Rubycat on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: Rubycat3 / NintentdoID: Rubycat
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    It would be odd since Danny is basically a better version of Weird Al in every way.

I love Dan to death, but thems fightin' words...

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    The Dallas Cowboys are basically a better version of the Los Angeles Lakers in every way!

• Options
    Firebird wrote: »

I love Dan to death, but thems fightin' words...

Fine then.

Pistols at dawn!

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

This is just about the wrongest thing I've read all day.

I mean, Danny's great and all but c'mon.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I feel like if you told Dan that he'd throw a beating your way.

Seriously, Weird Al is a legend for a reason.

• Options
    Oh wow.

I see I have made many enemies here. The odds of winning pistol duels against all of you are not good :\
    Taramoor wrote: »
    I feel like if you told Dan that he'd throw a beating your way.

Seriously, Weird Al is a legend for a reason.

Dan seems to nice to fight. He would tell me how horribly, horribly wrong I was.

Seriously though, I love both but I enjoy NSP over Weird Al for "comedy music". Just my humble opinion, nothing more.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

In a thread that discusses Game Grumps, we have found someone who can have a more spectacularly wrong opinion on something.

Arin would be proud.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    Great now I'm Arin and Ross.

Goddamit, me.

• Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I still love Barry on hotpeppergaming when he asks himself to edit things in

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Hey if Weird Al shows up on Game Grumps then someone needs to get on the phone with Simon Pegg.

*coughs*

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    I actually dreamed that I went to a Grumps/Steam Train live show here in Rio de Janeiro. IT was actually some kinda of improv insane theather play, and it made little sense and was very silly and had nothing to do with the videos. Ross made the most inappropriate jokes and little scenes.
    And my dad hated it and looked at me funny for liking it.

So it was great I guess

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R_ZHpgWUNg

One of my favorite moments in all of Sierra.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Hahaha at the end slate of the latest shovel knight:
    Danny - I do have to pee, should I avoid that room?
    Arin - Just give an audible HEUAWWW if it's really bad.
    Danny - I'm sure it'll be fine.
    Danny - WHOAAAAAAh! WHOA!

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I like how Dan immediately wanted Bird, and then Arin was mystified as to how he was so good at three pointers. Reminds me of Combat Basketball and "Is this guy the game is named after even a real person?"

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qT0N2LAq6I

Since nobody else posted, yes the Lord of the Dead does indeed look like eight or nine different heavy metal album covers fused together.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    New Jumtrum! This time, about the greatest lovestory ever told!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRA2OrZTiwY

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    New Jumtrum! This time, about the greatest lovestory ever told!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRA2OrZTiwY

Meatloaf-tron got me.

• Options
    Oh goody.

I definitely foresee no comments shitstorm over their discussion at the end of the latest Shovel Knight!

Another reminder of why I changed my avatar.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Of course I'd fuck it
    Y'know that- ..... mm.

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    What was the music during the end scene of the latest JonTron, after suggesting Schindler's List? Its so familiar but I can't place it.

Nevermind, I found it in my iTunes library, it's "Whoa I'm In Space Cuba".

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Today is basically the 2nd birthday of the channel. I wonder if they're gonna do anything special.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeSDB1bJ71M

More heavy metal Lord of the Deadness.

• Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Good god, Contra Force is awful.

• Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I loooost it at "I bought the ticket, i'll do what I want"

• Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    What was the music during the end scene of the latest JonTron, after suggesting Schindler's List? Its so familiar but I can't place it.

Nevermind, I found it in my iTunes library, it's "Whoa I'm In Space Cuba".

Mighty Switch Force had some amazing tracks.

This discussion has been closed.