As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Game Grumps: Now with MORE WOLFJOB

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Mark seems like a shoe-in for Grumpcade (which more or less seems like it's replaced Guest Grumps). Other peeps i would like to see make a Grumps appearance: Ninja Brian, OneyNG, Mega64, Rooster Teeth/Achievement Hunter folks, maybe a segment with Barry and his brother for maximum Kramer action.

What do you mean? Ninja Brian has been in every single episode of all Game Grumps and related videos, ever!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • StereodantStereodant Registered User regular
    I figure more Polaris people would be Grumpcade guests. Maybe like Angry Joe and whatnot.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Stereodant wrote: »
    I figure more Polaris people would be Grumpcade guests. Maybe like Angry Joe and whatnot.
    Please god no.

Hey, never said I wanted that, lol. Just thought it was a possibility.

Though I've never heard the Grumps mention him, so maybe not since they may be apathetic to each other.

• FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    I want to see their Bloodborne videos, but one of these days, whenever I finally [and will] purchase a PS4, I want delve into it with a fresh perspective.

steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    In this latest ep of Bloodborne Arin plays well and knows exactly what he is talking about pretty much all the time.

It's weird.

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Absalon wrote: »
    In this latest ep of Bloodborne Arin plays well and knows exactly what he is talking about pretty much all the time.

It's weird.

I don't like this strange new reality

• BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular

It's weird.

I don't like this strange new reality

I think that's the core of why Game Grumps play kind of poorly in their games, and Best Friends gets lots of respect for their competency. I think it comes down to the personal investment in their choice of game.

Best Friends almost exclusively play games that at the very least one of them have a significant interest in already. Games that they are interested and want to play. Game Grumps on the other hand play a lot of different games in order to just make content and never have any significant stake in playing it so they don't really care about being good on a personal level.

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Between the two, Grumps are the much funnier. If I had to choose between comedy vs competence I go for the funniest.

• Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Between the two, Grumps are the much funnier. If I had to choose between comedy vs competence I go for the funniest.

With the best friends its really the game they play. Pat and Woollie are definately better souls players so their playthroughs of Souls and Bloodborne are must watches for me. That and they can bring a lot of the lore knowledge to games that I might not have known. Pat and Matt playing Silent Hill 2 was good for that. They just need those games they are passionate about. Grumps bring a lot of that old school gaming flavor and just the random banter makes it good background noise to watch. Not to mention when one of them are just naturals at the game. Ninja Gaiden and Punch Out being the standouts for both Arin and Danny.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The Best Friends bring the comedy and the competence consistently.

I find the Grumps to be waaaayyyyyy more hit and miss.

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I find the "two best sisters" videos and the short one-offs they do to be goddamn hilarious.

Their regular stuff, though, I don't really find funny at all. Interesting, yes, but none of it really makes me laugh.

Edit: Which is also my summation of Zack and Wiki with Suzy/Barry. Interesting. Not funny.

Astale on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    After watching the AVGN video about Michael Jackson's Moonwalker video I have come to the decision that the Grumps need to play this game. Dan will just lose his shit about this game.

• RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    The Best Friends bring the comedy and the competence consistently.

I find the Grumps to be waaaayyyyyy more hit and miss.

I tried TBF a couple of times but I didn't like they yell in to the microphone all the time as if they're in a bar instead of talking like the Grumps do.

D083uBC.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Pat only has two settings. Calmly explaining complicated trivia and game design notes and SCREAMING IN PURE RAGE.

uyvfOQy.png
  • AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    Or hysterical laughing. Pat's laugh is medicine.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    The Thing that gets me about that gag is that "Waitress with a plate of Pokeballs who battles you instead of taking your order" is 100% a thing. Then the next two parts are golden.

• AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    Some of the nonsense they say is just close enough to tongue-in-cheek that I think the translators must have been doing it on purpose.

Especially those swimmers.

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Astale wrote: »
    Some of the nonsense they say is just close enough to tongue-in-cheek that I think the translators must have been doing it on purpose.

Especially those swimmers.

Sure, but some of the lines in the earlier games are just plain weird.

https://twitter.com/pokemon_ebooks

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    bloodborne part 3 where danny was reading the god damn ymca lyrics to arin to explain the song to him was hysterical

you'd think a d-club member would be on point with this kind of trivia, but no

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Or hysterical laughing. Pat's laugh is medicine.

For me, the Best Friends are best when they are hyped beyond belief for something. Especially when it's Woolie-hype, because that dude's hype is infectious.
    http://youtu.be/8dj6SF7C-FM

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I watch the Super Best Friends because I identify with their hype and rage whenever they play their games. Their jokes are basically just icing on the cake, as compared to Game Grumps where the jokes are the cake and the gameplay is really just the biscuit base.

Comparing the two is probably inevitable - but I like both approaches equally (though I do tend to prefer the former these days in order to influence my purchasing decisions) and both make me gain an inordinate amount of weight.

Also, I'm hungry.

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i looorv both channels

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Consistency is the word. Best Friends are consistently at a 8 or 9, wheras Grumps can be anywhere from 1 to goddamned 11. So I tend to watch most of Best Friends, and only like, Best Ofs or Animateds of the Grumps now.

That fuckin' MARK ZUCKERBERG thing is still cracking me up.

Oh brilliant
  • Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    When it comes to the Grumps, I prefer to listen to them. There is the occasional exception, like the Mario 64 videos where half of the humor is Arin royally fucking up simple things (Tall, Tall Mountain), where I would actually watch the video. If I want to see good game-play I go elsewhere.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    The best reason to watch GG is for Barry & Kevin's edits, honestly. Or the occasional play session where seeing something makes the joke (some sonic boom stuff, hey big zam etc.)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, they can sing again!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    I chortled at Barachnophobia. Ross earned his schedule shattering shuteye.

• HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Gribble Grumps!

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    The tonal dissonance between Mister Hanson's relative skill at Bloodborne and Ninja Gaiden compared to his ineptitude at Mario 64 can be explained by the Military-Industrial Complex.[/Dale]

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    This bloodborne series is already excellent.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Shia Labouf and Swedish chef. How have I never thought of that!?

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Despite a weak start to the episode, today's Dankey Kang was actually pretty good. Some interesting stories.

I like that they have started mention Jon from time to time, because it allows them to talk a lot more about the early days of Grumps, and other things we might never have known about.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
    It's good know how Ross and others were involved in the Grumps' early creation.

The only thing I distinctly remember is how Jon and Arin first met (at a con, I believe) and were fans of each other, then simply on a whim just played games together over some Dr. Pepper.

steam_sig.png

Well, this is a thing...

MORE Mario Kart DUI!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAzksnEvOUs

Nevertheless, it's pretty still damned good. I always enjoyed Brentalfloss. :D

steam_sig.png

• TeaSpoonTeaSpoon Registered User regular
    It took me a while to figure out that these people have nothing to do with game grumps. They're music people. They set lyrics to video game music, remix themes, and stuff like that.

As far I know, Brent knows Jon, and has been in one of his videos as well.

steam_sig.png

This discussion has been closed.