As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    At least it sounds like they aren't rushing things

and it does look pretty cool in a couple of ways

I just wish it weren't online / multiplayer. I have no enthusiasm to see xxCaptainSephiroth420xx or listen to people spam whatever chat client that's been sloppily implemented (assumptions, woo)

• Options
    EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    That, and I've already pledged to Star Citizen.

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    At least it sounds like they aren't rushing things

and it does look pretty cool in a couple of ways

I just wish it weren't online / multiplayer. I have no enthusiasm to see xxCaptainSephiroth420xx or listen to people spam whatever chat client that's been sloppily implemented (assumptions, woo)

That brief snippet of possibly XCOM-ish combat definitely caught my eye, though. Going to try and remain cautiously optimistic.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    It better not suck.

I mean, it really better not suck.

My heart couldn't take it. I'd have to murderdeathkill someone...

Also, Captain Tightpants. <3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    RayinerRayiner Registered User regular
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    It better not suck.

Image relevant:
    mpKZg.png

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So I could only watch a few minutes late night as there were Sims to be raised (got Sims 2 running at my monitor's resolution wooo!), but I was sort of disappointed in what I saw of Among the Sleep. The small amount of indoor stuff I saw was alright, but the outdoor stuff was just super generic looking, with light up mushrooms and very cookie cutter areas. Did the game get better or did I hit a lull in the game? I was disappointed that it felt like any other first person game where I'd just end up lost and annoyed but was hoping the environments would at least be super creative given the theme.

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Hey, guys. Trying to stay coherent with toothpicks practically holding my eyes open. Back at home, contacting family so I can collapse. Booted up Steam, found this that had been sitting there since I dunno when.

brAmppz.png

@Jazz , I owe you and the thread one cat joke when I feel more cohernt and energetic. Thank you, it will be put to good use.

Many thanks, guys.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Last night I got to play Sportsfriends, specifically Super Pole Riders. It was even more fun than the videos I've seen of other people playing it. Someone there asked if it was on Steam, and I said something like "Oh yeah, it's definitely on Steam."

To my surprise, it is actually not on Steam yet!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQwBuaik9lA

But apparently it's due out soon.

• Options
    RayinerRayiner Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Last night I got to play Sportsfriends, specifically Super Pole Riders. It was even more fun than the videos I've seen of other people playing it. Someone there asked if it was on Steam, and I said something like "Oh yeah, it's definitely on Steam."

To my surprise, it is actually not on Steam yet!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQwBuaik9lA

But apparently it's due out soon.

Yeah, I've been following this group of games for a long time.
    If you can't wait for, there's a original version of it - http://www.foddy.net/2011/11/poleriders/

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    It better not suck.

Yessss, Demolition Man is awesome and more people should randomly quote it.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    Hey, guys. Trying to stay coherent with toothpicks practically holding my eyes open. Back at home, contacting family so I can collapse. Booted up Steam, found this that had been sitting there since I dunno when.

brAmppz.png

Jazz , I owe you and the thread one cat joke when I feel more cohernt and energetic. Thank you, it will be put to good use.

Many thanks, guys.

CCZWNnS.jpg

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Such are the perils of screenshotting one's whole desktop...

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »

[IMG]http://i.im gur.com/brAmppz.png[/IMG]

Jazz , I owe you and the thread one cat joke when I feel more cohernt and energetic. Thank you, it will be put to good use.

Many thanks, guys.

[img]http://i.i mgur.com/CCZWNnS.jpg[/img]

on the other hand, hi5 fellow Opera user

• Options
    What's that icon? I don't recognize it... or I'm just being dense.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    What's that icon? I don't recognize it... or I'm just being dense.

Half-Life 3
    ok it's aol instant messenger really

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Fozenbyte just released Trine Enhanced Edition as a free upgrade for all the users of the original version: http://steamcommunity.com/games/Trine/announcements/detail/255895429829654985
    Among other features the new version adds online multiplayer and uses the upgraded Trine 2 engine.
    Apparently, the original version can still be selected when launching the game, for those who prefer the old visuals or have any problem with the new version.

In other news, dozens of users of the Steam official forums have been found wandering the streets around their homes in confusion as the couldn't find anything to complain about this time.

So, how do I get the new edition stuff? Will it just auto-update?

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    So I could only watch a few minutes late night as there were Sims to be raised (got Sims 2 running at my monitor's resolution wooo!), but I was sort of disappointed in what I saw of Among the Sleep. The small amount of indoor stuff I saw was alright, but the outdoor stuff was just super generic looking, with light up mushrooms and very cookie cutter areas. Did the game get better or did I hit a lull in the game? I was disappointed that it felt like any other first person game where I'd just end up lost and annoyed but was hoping the environments would at least be super creative given the theme.

I thought in general it was pretty atmospheric, but there was a swampy bit that could be considered kind of generic, if you only saw that bit. A lot of it was more along of the lines of what a terrified little kid might think he was seeing (or seeing in nightmares), and how his mind might cope with those things.

I will say that it was very short (which was definitely a good thing for me). I finished in about 3 hours, which means it would probably take the average person 2-2.5 hours if they didn't take time to play with all the toys and/or throw a bunch of toys in the water... So, you might want to wait for a sale if you're interested.

And with that, I've wrapped up my promised streams from the charity drive. Thanks to everyone that joined me last night and on previous streams! <3 I'm going to try to keep streaming most Thursdays around the same time. I know it's been done by other forumers, but I previously mentioned that I'd try Spec Ops: The Line after finishing this one, so that's my plan for next week.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I think I broke the internet. Downloaded a little over 100 games in the last 2 days.....
    yRUCKms.png

I am at 370 installed now.
    jbUd0T3.png?1

• Options
    rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    I honestly don't think I could cope with 370 games installed, I usually have between 10 - 20 games installed but I could probably easily get that down to 5. My internet is quick enough that I can download most games quickly enough, I wanted to play GT Legends last night and it took 4 mins to download

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SvevinSvevin Registered User regular
    Something I noticed just now. @Iolo‌ is the 2nd top contributor on steamgifts this week. Class!

oetbot3k2d4y.png

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Thanks - I don't mind games being short - in fact I love it as it means I can actually finish them. I was more concerned with the area I saw and I think it was swampy. I watched you go through some logs - crank a bucket in a well, go in circles a bit...then I played the Sims.

In other news - I'm completely re-addicted to the Sims.

• Options

Glad to hear it. ;)

I think we can blame @Antoshka for that. Just cuz.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    PA DallasPA Dallas Registered User regular
    Out of town for my nephew's wedding. Why the hell didn't I bring my laptop? I'm going through withdrawals and separation anxiety.

I saw a werewolf drinkin' a pina colada at Trader Vic's.
    And his hair was perfect.
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Rayiner wrote: »

Oh wow, do I hate poetry. That got really annoying, really fast. The game itself looks interesting. Certainly caught my attention.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Rayiner wrote: »

Oh wow, do I hate poetry. That got really annoying, really fast. The game itself looks interesting. Certainly caught my attention.

I made it to 20 seconds. Just speak in sentences.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    I've seen it talked about here and there on the thread, and I know it's a fairly new game, so just a heads up that Murdered: Soul Suspect is $14.99 over on Green Man Gaming.

• Options
    Thanks - I don't mind games being short - in fact I love it as it means I can actually finish them. I was more concerned with the area I saw and I think it was swampy. I watched you go through some logs - crank a bucket in a well, go in circles a bit...then I played the Sims.

Yeah, that part was what I'd consider the most generic section of the game. The stream is archived and I played the whole thing, so if you want, you can skip around and catch a minute or two at various parts to get a better idea of other sections of the game.

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I am so, so tempted to get Darkwood. So very tempted. Anyone picked it up yet/have any opinions?

• Options
    edited July 2014

Glad to hear it. ;)

Actually that wasn't the case.

Once Seasons was downloaded, I immediately decided to make it Winter. With Winter came a bunch of new fun options. I sent my Sim out to play in the snow and in true Frozen form asked if she wanted to build a snowman.

Of course she did - who wouldn't? So we spent some time together outside, building a snowman. During this time, I realized my poor kitten was trying to find a bathroom and food which were upstairs and not accessible to him. So I fixed that, and continued the snow related fun.

Then, a neighbor came over and visited. Unfortunately my Sim and him didn't get along so well so he left. I realized my Sim wasn't having much fun though - probably because I made her personality love to swim and the cold weather was probably not the best choice for her favorite activity. So I sent her back in the house to play with the cat, have some dinner, and lounge in the bath for awhile.

But then it happened, the snowman came to life and strolled in my house. It ate the cat and immediately threw a toaster in the bath with my Sim, ending her Simlife. He then stared at the screen and the camera scrolled in towards his face, slowly. His eyes felt like they were staring directly into my soul and I started to panic as I realize the scroll wheel on my mouse had no effect. Finally, as my screen was filled with nothing but the grim face of an angry snow demon, he whispered to me...one word...
    Ok, maybe the last paragraph didn't happen.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm going to be streaming some Rayman Raving Rabbids as soon as it downloads. I should get 2 hours into the game.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular

Glad to hear it. ;)

Once Seasons was downloaded, I immediately decided to make it Winter. With Winter came a bunch of new fun options. I sent my Sim out to play in the snow and in true Frozen form asked if she wanted to build a snowman.

Of course she did - who wouldn't? So we spent some time together outside, building a snowman. During this time, I realized my poor kitten was trying to find a bathroom and food which were upstairs and not accessible to him. So I fixed that, and continued the snow related fun.

Then, a neighbor came over and visited. Unfortunately my Sim and him didn't get along so well so he left. I realized my Sim wasn't having much fun though - probably because I made her personality love to swim and the cold weather was probably not the best choice for her favorite activity. So I sent her back in the house to play with the cat, have some dinner, and lounge in the bath for awhile.

But then it happened, the snowman came to life and strolled in my house. It ate the cat and immediately threw a toaster in the bath with my Sim, ending her Simlife. He then stared at the screen and the camera scrolled in towards his face, slowly. His eyes felt like they were staring directly into my soul and I started to panic as I realize the scroll wheel on my mouse had no effect. Finally, as my screen was filled with nothing but the grim face of an angry snow demon, he whispered to me...one word...

Actually if that last paragraph was actually something that happened in The Sims, I would be far more inclined to play it.

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options

Glad to hear it. ;)

That's all very cool.

However, I don't see how any of it gets Antoshka off the hook. I still think we should blame him for your rekindled addiction.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    @Svevin, thanks for highlighting my lack of fiscal discipline. :p

I can't speak to the dollar amount they assigned, as most of my recent giveaways were socked away over the years during various sales. (Am... am I a game squirrel, burying games in the woods?) But that game count is definitely off. Strange. Oh well.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    A number of us have gotten on a bit of a Borderlands 2 kick lately. For anyone that doesn't have it yet, or is missing some of the DLC, GetGames has a 75% off sale going on now. (I bought my copy from them a while ago, so they are legit.) These are for the Mac version, but they activate on Steam.

BL2 Game of the Year
    - $10
    This is for the game, first level cap upgrade, and the four main DLCs.

BL2 Complete Bundle - $15
    This is for everything in the GotY, plus the second level cap upgrade, and the five newer head hunter DLCs. (It just gives you a GotY code and a bunch of separate codes for everything else.)

Edit: I should add that a few of the individual DLCs are slightly on sale, but most are not. So, it's not really worth it if you're not grabbing one of those bundles above.

Berylline on
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Svevin wrote: »
    Something I noticed just now. @Iolo‌ is the 2nd top contributor on steamgifts this week. Class!

oetbot3k2d4y.png

How did that guy right below him contribute $450 with one game :\ ?

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I really need to get around to playing Borderlands 2, I got it as a gift during the sale but want to play it co-op. If anyone feels like starting a fresh game let me know.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Does anyone play Garry's Mod?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I'm pretty temped by God's Will Be Watching, but at the same time, I really like to play games in the most optimally "good" way. That is, I usually try and go full lightside/paragon. I don't think they will let me pull that off.
    Stragint wrote: »
    Does anyone play Garry's Mod?

I just get a error saying "unable to share polygon normals" :p

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Jeix wrote: »
    I really need to get around to playing Borderlands 2, I got it as a gift during the sale but want to play it co-op. If anyone feels like starting a fresh game let me know.

I now have 1 and 2 GOTY both of them, and have never touched them beyond setting them up in the options menu. I feel a bit silly about that.

Are they best played Co-Op?

This discussion has been closed.