As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Yeeessssss, I got paid....time to shop for a new mouse! Huzzah!

Feel free to drop me recommendations, I'm looking for something wireless, with a scroll wheel, and at least five buttons (gotta have those thumb and pinky buttons, you know how it is).

Might drop by Moe's later, but for now...aimless browsing!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I keep

getting

packages

And do you not open them? Do they contain things?

I got a package the other day with some RAM in it.

I had a Doctor's appointment today for my fuckered up back due to an injury I got at work during the winter. I have to get a consult from an orthopedic surgeon next month to decide if they're gonna slice and dice me up, so I'm not in the greatest of moods.

Man I get home and there is a box waiting for me at the door with a new mobo in it.

I'm freaking the fuck out at this point. I make that post and then tell a bunch of people on Steam how stoked I am. Maybe ten or so minutes later either Steam or Comcast then shits itself and my internet is toast for a while, so I get down by my desk to look at my router and end up falling asleep on my floor. I wake up to a noise, and it turns out it's a UPS truck delivering ANOTHER PACKAGE. Inside was a new CPU and PSU.

I'll go into more detail and explain who is behind everything and post some pictures later, for now I just wanted to get this out there.

I don't even know how to react or what to say.

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I always get the lamest totps

here's a thing to make up for it:

signature.png

adventure team, contributor ($1), usual rules, etc.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    signature.png

I haven't played Skyrim in a long while due to Warband Floris being so engrossing. I have several shops and manufacturing businesses bringing in profit across the map, and own land collecting rent in every town.

The former send money directly to me every weak and help pay off the fees of my troops.

The latter is not but doesn't get sequestered when I go to war against particular nations.

My only complaint against the series is how stale the quests are and how there's no real reason to do them except to get close to characters.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Sounds like there are monsters in these parts.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Terrible terrible people, all of you

;)

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular

You probably helped create many of them. You and your pink mustang.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Antoshka wrote: »

You probably helped create many of them. You and your pink mustang.

Create them? Pixie's one four of them.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Thanks to @RoyceSraphim‌ for the copy of Hacker Evolution Duality on Steam!

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Stop trying to make @Khildith‌ a thing

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    mts wrote: »

He got angry at the destiny thread and was whining about it. I felt kinda bad for him, you know. Knowing what its like to constantly be quoted.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

He got angry at the destiny thread and was whining about it. I felt kinda bad for him, you know. Knowing what its like to constantly be quoted.

Yeah it is unfair to do that. I hate it when it's done to me.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Yeeessssss, I got paid....time to shop for a new mouse! Huzzah!

Feel free to drop me recommendations, I'm looking for something wireless, with a scroll wheel, and at least five buttons (gotta have those thumb and pinky buttons, you know how it is).

Might drop by Moe's later, but for now...aimless browsing!

Just picked up a Logictech G500s - love the hell out of it. There's a nice Logictech 702 (i think?) which is $25 off at Best Buy as well. Had I only waited a week, I would have gotten that instead, but the $75 price tag before the sale scurred me off.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »

I really hate when people don't remove the @'s when quoting other posts.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular

I am sorry :'( I have learnt my lesson and will never do that again

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Sumanai wrote: »

I really hate when people don't remove the 's when quoting other posts.

Yeah, it's kind of a problem around here.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »

I am sorry :'( I have learnt my lesson and will never do that again

Thanks bruh, I appreciate it. <3

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    You people are monsters. Stop treating me like @CorriganX

• Options
    Hey, I removed the @ from the post I quoted.

• Options
    Khildith wrote: »
    You people are monsters. Stop treating me like @CorriganX

Damn, that's a cold ass @CorriganX

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So from a few pages back, someone asked about a suggestion box thing for stream - they do seem to occasionally have people who see requests on /r/Steam and add features, but more to the point, if they're basic concepts that could be handled in - browser, the devs for Enhanced Steam jump all over that shit.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Gonna continue my long paused first play of Dark Souls II if anyone wants to watch.
    KoopahTroopah.png

• Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    Marikir wrote: »
    Thanks to RoyceSraphim‌ for the copy of Hacker Evolution Duality on Steam!

Oh dear gods...he won't stop! DLC impacts in all sectors of Hacker Evolution Duality!

steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I saw a license plate that read: DBLRNBW

I smiled a bit.

But ... what does it mean?

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    well Blood Dragon was fucking amazing

the dialogue, the load screen game tips, the music, the various research descriptions, the NES style cutscenes, everything after the point of no return

perfection

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Thanks to RoyceSraphim‌ for the copy of Hacker Evolution Duality on Steam!

Oh dear gods...he won't stop! DLC impacts in all sectors of Hacker Evolution Duality!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMchOpvbUbI

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Skyward Collapse Complete 3DB4Q-7V32J-Q22XJ
    Ignite 79LER-RYP9G-AH49I
    Crystals of Time NJNMY-V2CB3-2CGW2
    //N.P.P.D. RUSH// - The milk of Ultraviolet NRI0P-R3C6V-EZLCA
    Super Killer Hornet Resurrection GFR6P-WG66A-FBJ7N

For the good of everyone, I deleted the Deponia key that came with this bundle.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Trails in the Sky in like 12 hours. I'm amped. Been looking for a good JRPG to play, and while I owned it on PSN, I no longer have my Vita. Was only a couple hours in but loved what I had played, so excited to get back in. Hoping Carpe Fulgur's work on the sequel goes well and we see it within a year.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    From the short time I've played it, I'd suggest those looking for a pretty, environment deforming world where you can build things and fight monsters, go for Planet Explorers over Landmark. I know, one costs money, the other doesn't (when it finally comes out of closed beta) but I found the former more endearing than the latter. Perhaps I'm just not the fan of Everquest materials that is needed for going gung-ho for Landmark, but I feel less of a sense of pressure and more a sense of exploration, building and harvesting in playing Planet Explorers. They're both technically "Early Access", and I won my copy from @Broncbuster‌, which might have something to do with it. IF I had known what the game was like before this, though, it would have certainly been on my wishlist

That's not to say there's no nit-picks: you must face a plant or tree just so in order to harvest it, the keyboard controls are . . . fiddly, and when you are digging something that looks like stone you might get marble instead (or as well), or maybe some ore, so there doesn't seem to be enough differentiation of textures, or maybe it's meant to be partly random.

But it has a story mode (thin as it currently is) and a huge world, and some basic missions that give nice starting rewards, at least. More importantly to me, personally, is that while there is a multi-player experience to be had, i.e. it's available, I don't have to fight a single other person over resources to build or craft whatever I want. I can have a world all to my own.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Welp, the Vikings and the Italians are slowly dominating the map. My warchest grows steadily and my motley crew of fem-thanes, thieves, and errant daughters have risen to power to hold their own in various fields and together can train up the lowest grunts into a damn good army in a matter of days.

As soon as this contract is finished, I might have to start carving out an empire.

edit: Dammit! Clicked the wrong option and pissed off a faction I was friendly with.

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    http://www.twitch.tv/dyasalure/c/4770955

@rikdaly - I found your call out. pinball HYPE!

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Bedlam wrote: »
    I saw a license plate that read: DBLRNBW

I smiled a bit.

But ... what does it mean?

It took this joke for me to finally get what the letters stood for...I'm not proud of it.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Whoops, I accidentally spoiled myself for like the most important part of Primordia by looking at a guide, maybe they shouldn't have made some of these solutions so fucking obtuse. Oh well, it was still a pretty good game, even if the ending was a bit sudden. Also the game did not give enough evidence to convince me that all of humanity is dead, although I guess it doesn't matter if they're very far away and are never going to come visit.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    We are. Our credit should be fixed enough next fall to truly shop. We could do a house now but with less favorable rates so we want to give it another year of fixing. And yes, a hermit lair for me is going to be part of it if at all possible. First we have to get a 2nd car too - unfortunately they don't have those on Steam.

So you WOULD download a car.

Yup. Proudly. I check the various Torrent sites every day.

It would be far easier than test driving with my wife, son and niece in tow. My son was ready to sign off on the car we looked at this weekend based solely on the heated seats. I think I'll wait until the Winter Sale though - I'm sure I can get something at 75% off and maybe get some cards or badges out of the deal.
    You+wouldn+t+download+a+car.+Not+OC+I+found+this_a05a05_3609762.jpg

sig.gif
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Jazz wrote: »
    I want Mighty Empires.

I also want RoboRally. And Formula D.

I don't know the other two but fuck yes Mighty Empires.

Formula D is an awesome racing board game. You play by changing gears and rolling a corresponding die for movement. For instance, first gear is a D4 but it's only marked with 1's and 2's; second gear is a D6 with only 2-4; etc. You also have different attributes like tires (or tyres for you Euros), brakes, transmission, engine, suspension and body. Each character has points set in different ways.

The board is made up of squares (typically a 3-lane track) and in the turns you have to stop X number of times depending on the turn. So for instance, if a turn requires two stops, you need to stop twice within it, but you can stop the second time beyond the bounds of the turn. In order to do so, you burn one tire point per square beyond the turn. You can burn a brake to back up one space. You can use an engine to move forward one square (useful if you juuuuuuuust missed entering the turn). So on and so forth. You need to pay attention to what gear you're in because you don't want to overshoot turns. It's a ton of fun. My friends at our regular Friday night game group just played it the other night. I started in last place and ended in second. It's definitely a back-and-forth kind of game, and a lot of fun with a bunch of players.

So um, yeah... a Steam version would rule.

Sold.

Speaking of car-based board games, can we have a Steam version of Dark Future as well? I'd play the ever-loving hell out of that.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    We are. Our credit should be fixed enough next fall to truly shop. We could do a house now but with less favorable rates so we want to give it another year of fixing. And yes, a hermit lair for me is going to be part of it if at all possible. First we have to get a 2nd car too - unfortunately they don't have those on Steam.

So you WOULD download a car.

Yup. Proudly. I check the various Torrent sites every day.

It would be far easier than test driving with my wife, son and niece in tow. My son was ready to sign off on the car we looked at this weekend based solely on the heated seats. I think I'll wait until the Winter Sale though - I'm sure I can get something at 75% off and maybe get some cards or badges out of the deal.
    You+wouldn+t+download+a+car.+Not+OC+I+found+this_a05a05_3609762.jpg

@Viking probably could with his ur-PC.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Trails in the Sky in like 12 hours. I'm amped. Been looking for a good JRPG to play, and while I owned it on PSN, I no longer have my Vita. Was only a couple hours in but loved what I had played, so excited to get back in. Hoping Carpe Fulgur's work on the sequel goes well and we see it within a year.

There's a kind of hilarious thread in that game's Steam forums from a guy who is very unhappy that the Japanese voice acting has been replaced by English VA, despite the fact that it's apparently just shouts during battle. When I last read it, it was at around 50 posts; now it's at 377 and I fear what it has devolved into at this point.

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    Corpekata wrote: »

There's a kind of hilarious thread in that game's Steam forums from a guy who is very unhappy that the Japanese voice acting has been replaced by English VA, despite the fact that it's apparently just shouts during battle. When I last read it, it was at around 50 posts; now it's at 377 and I fear what it has devolved into at this point.

There's always That One Thread in every Steam game forum that is just mind boggling.

• Options
    Since there was a lot of mouse talk, thought I'd post this http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_1842_e3e2ff46?node=8581771011&tag=childsplaycha-20

Amazon is having a Logitech sale. Not sure of the quality of anything but the mechanical keyboard (it's good).

This discussion has been closed.