As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
We're funding a new Acquisitions Incorporated series on Kickstarter right now! Check it out at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pennyarcade/acquisitions-incorporated-the-series-2

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

19394959698

Posts

  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    rikdaly wrote: »
    wow, the only game I don't own in the Square Enix humble bta (and $15 tier) is Deus Ex: The Fall, I guess that says a lot about me, it's a great bundle for anyone that doesn't already own most of it

    I was thinking about streaming some pinball FX2 Saturday night but it turns out that's my 6th wedding anniversary so I may get into trouble for that, if anyone would be interested in watching Friday night around 9 PM UK time I should be good for it, I could start a little later if that's better for anyone wanting to watch. I'll probably attempt to beat my Sorcerers Lair high score and I may even use a mic to try explain what's going on if there's any interest? I know @jclast expressed interest before but probably can't watch the live stream so I would also need somebody (@DyasAlure comes to mind) to tell me how to archive the stream

    @rikdaly
    image inside and how to
    click the wrench. click channel & Videos. Click Archive.
    Archive%20Stream%20-%20Twitch.jpg?psid=1
    You can choose mature content here as well, I swear, so added it.

    Twitched changed this to try and save space. Lot of people don't archive, so they save space by default.

    DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    IoloRoyceSraphimDrake
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    thanks @DyasAlure if I have the mic on I should probably have the mature content button on too, I try my best but I was brought up all wrong :)

    steam_sig.png
    Kristmas Kthulhu
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I don't mind the thong warriors with the crazy cleavage if you make them space elves or something rediculous to reflect their origins. They don't mind running around in little clothing because they've got the power cosmic pumping through their veins after tricking a god into drinking poison......that actually sounds like a fun mod, fallen god is your wingman and he's got goofy powers like flaming cheese fireball and summon dire crab.

    signature.png

    congrats @Jazz‌ and at @Jeix

    ElvenshaebloodatonementIoloBeryllineHyphyKezzyJazz
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Who has two thumbs and learned the name of the prophet Muhammed's second wife in the worse way possible?

    Onto less disturbing things, Warhammer Killteam is 50% on GMG, I think you can find a further discount if you check your email.

    RoyceSraphim on
    ElvenshaeBig ClassyStollsDrakeshdwcaster
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Oh my gosh, having sick kids is awful, but being sick while kids are well is its own special hell. I just want them to play quietly while I concentrate on not to throw up. Stupid stomach but. Hopefully it is gone tomorrow. Also, sick days are nowhere near as cool as when I was a kid. I needed extra sleep so didn't get out of bed until 1:00 PM and as a rewars I'm nursing both a stomachache and a backache.

    At least I get a pinball stream archive to watch tomorrow!

    steam_sig.png
    ElvenshaehatedinamericaIoloBeryllineStollsHyphyKezzySmokeStacksKalnaurRoyceSraphimSumanaiJazzTalus9952KoopahTroopah
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    rikdaly wrote: »
    thanks @DyasAlure if I have the mic on I should probably have the mature content button on too, I try my best but I was brought up all wrong :)

    I posted my scared in the bathroom in doom 3. I listed to broadcast, so working on my mic setup today.
    problem is the video on how to someone posted isn't working as VB cable refuses to download. Issue not on my end.

    Edit:
    @jeix - suggestions where I can find VB Cable? It refuses to download, and I can't work on mic?

    DyasAlure on
    My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Trails in the Sky appears to be having some fairly widespread issues if anyone is on the fence. May want to wait a few days for them to patch things up, it's a bit wonky right now. They've already released one small patch so they're working on it, at least.

  • DaxterMaxDaxterMax Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    DaxterMax wrote: »
    Let's do a flash giveaway.
    Ends in a little over 2 hours from now

    signature.png

    @SteevL‌, you win :)

    Edit: I'm guessing the Tuesday maintenance is the reason the game isn't showing in my Inventory to send to you right now. I'll try again soon.
    I can see it in my Store Transaction history but it's not showing in my Inventory currently.

    DaxterMax on
    Steam | DaxterMax | Youtube
    BeryllineHyphyKezzyBroncbusterSteevLIoloKristmas KthulhujclastLostNinjaKoopahTroopahStollsxiearsJazzan_altTalus9952
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Trails in the Sky appears to be having some fairly widespread issues if anyone is on the fence. May want to wait a few days for them to patch things up, it's a bit wonky right now. They've already released one small patch so they're working on it, at least.

    Yeah, XSEED did some pretty good work fixing the issues that cropped up with the Ys games, so they'll probably fix those problems too.

    DaxterMax wrote: »
    DaxterMax wrote: »
    Let's do a flash giveaway.
    Ends in a little over 2 hours from now

    signature.png

    @SteevL‌, you win :)

    Edit: I'm guessing the Tuesday maintenance is the reason the game isn't showing in my Inventory to send to you right now. I'll try again soon.
    I can see it in my Store Transaction history but it's not showing in my Inventory currently.

    Thanks! This was a nice thing to come to after watching an episode of Breaking Bad. We just finished episode 12 of season 2. Yeeesh. (And I realize this is probably the tip of the iceberg as far as awful things Walter White does)

    Drakexiears
  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Registered User regular
    rikdaly wrote: »
    wow, the only game I don't own in the Square Enix humble bta (and $15 tier) is Deus Ex: The Fall, I guess that says a lot about me, it's a great bundle for anyone that doesn't already own most of it

    I was thinking about streaming some pinball FX2 Saturday night but it turns out that's my 6th wedding anniversary so I may get into trouble for that, if anyone would be interested in watching Friday night around 9 PM UK time I should be good for it, I could start a little later if that's better for anyone wanting to watch. I'll probably attempt to beat my Sorcerers Lair high score and I may even use a mic to try explain what's going on if there's any interest? I know @jclast expressed interest before but probably can't watch the live stream so I would also need somebody (@DyasAlure comes to mind) to tell me how to archive the stream

    I'll try my best to catch the stream, but I won't be able to stay too long as I do have work that night. I haven't given up on Sorceror's Lair, but I'll be damned if it isn't slow going trying to beat your new score. What are the top scores globally on that table, anyway, and how do I check them? I remember someone saying we had at least top 40 worldwide before, but I'm not even sure how to look that up.

  • Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Actually, scratch that last part. We're not even close to top 40. @rikdaly has the 268th top score on Sorceror's Lair and I have 336.

    Iolo
  • PacoPaco Registered User regular
    Hey Steam Thread. I just recently got back into PC gaming after several years of not having a gaming machine, and I'm looking to find some friends to play with and game recommendations and all that. Currently I've got the Bioshock Trilogy and most of the Valve Games. Any other recommendations that will show off the power of my new machine? (i5, 16GB, SSD, R9 270X 4GB if that makes a difference). If anyone wants to friend me on Steam I'm pacothesage. Anyways, hello everyone.

    camo_sig2.png
    BroncbusterIolohatedinamericaElvenshaePA DallasBeryllineSumanaiKarrde1842StollsxiearsJazzFawst
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Longshot, but does anyone have an extra copy of payday 2 from the summer sale? My friends all decided to started playing and making me jelly I didn't buy it when it was $6.

    I've got an extra monaco, or just paypal or whatever? The further I go with this post the further I am convinced this is the wrong place to do this

    Foolish Chaos on
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them She/HerRegistered User regular
    ... the further I am convinced this is the wrong place to do this

    If I were you, I'd duck.

    Just a feeling.

    steam_sig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Paco wrote: »
    Hey Steam Thread. I just recently got back into PC gaming after several years of not having a gaming machine, and I'm looking to find some friends to play with and game recommendations and all that. Currently I've got the Bioshock Trilogy and most of the Valve Games. Any other recommendations that will show off the power of my new machine? (i5, 16GB, SSD, R9 270X 4GB if that makes a difference). If anyone wants to friend me on Steam I'm pacothesage. Anyways, hello everyone.

    Single Player visual stuff: Tomb Raider, Witcher 2, the refurbished Metro 2033 series, Really Big Sky

    Multiplayer experiences: PAYDAY 2, Monaco, Civilization V, Airmech, Hearthstone (Battle.net),

    Id think of more but Im not at my game machine right now.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Paco wrote: »
    Hey Steam Thread. I just recently got back into PC gaming after several years of not having a gaming machine, and I'm looking to find some friends to play with and game recommendations and all that. Currently I've got the Bioshock Trilogy and most of the Valve Games. Any other recommendations that will show off the power of my new machine? (i5, 16GB, SSD, R9 270X 4GB if that makes a difference). If anyone wants to friend me on Steam I'm pacothesage. Anyways, hello everyone.

    Mount and Blade: Warband, see how many people you can shove into a battle, then kill them all.

    Grand Theft Auto 4: icenhancer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ9lsSGIdXY

    Just Cause 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEoxaGkNcrg
    This is a map of where everyone has crashed into the ground. You can walk/fly/hang glide to those places as well.

    I once stole a jet from a military base, flew to another military base, trailed a cargo jet that was always taking off as I arrived, jumped out of my jet, grappeled to the cargo jet, and took it over.

    I did this partially for an achievement, but mainly because it was cool

    Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion: Star Trek Mod
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIWpFgRrveA

    edit: Put better trailer in.

    RoyceSraphim on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Two games beat in a single day - not too shabby.

    The Wolf Among Us definitely lived up to the hype; Telltale has knocked it out of the park once again. I'm going to read up on some ending discussions later today as I've got a few questions, but overall I'm really satisfied with it.

    Shadowrun Dragonfall was absolutely excellent. Aside from the less than perfect combat (I think XCOM has ruined us all), there was a lot to love. Each of your fellow runners got their own little narrative arc (Glory had the best one, I reckon) and I was actually quite torn about which way to go on several key decisions in the latter portion of the game. It's not between good or evil, or even the same as The Witcher where you're choosing between two or more ambiguously bad options. They were just choices I had to live with, one way or the other. End game spoilers below, watch out!
    With one round to go in the final fight in the room with Feuerschwinge, I hesitated at the console. There's a good chance that Dr Vauclair is right (and confirmed that the Great Dragon Lofwyr had manipulated my circumstances before even the start of the game) and ending the dragons would put humans (probably not metahumans) on the top of the food chain once again. But, would that be such a good thing? There's so much I don't know about the circumstances surrounding the Awakening that taking out the biggest players doesn't seem like such a great idea. They've gotta be 'round for a reason and, to use an analogy put forward in the epilogue, I'd hate to be the moth that killed all humanity. And after talking to Feuerschwinge about the circumstances of its Awakening in the Sixth World, I could understand its outrage. It didn't deserve to die.

    I love games with a great ending, and yesterday I got two of 'em! I feel so lucky.

    Now the schedule is clear for Wasteland 2, which hopefully is now less than a month away. Timed that rather well, I reckon :smile:

    TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
    IoloHyphyKezzyCroakerBC
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    Was Hitman: Blood Money the good one that wasn't in the bundle yet or am I thinking of something else?

  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Hey @Paco, welcome! Link your Steam profile in your sig. (Info for the ones you see lots of us having is in the unusually helpful OP. ;) )

    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    ElvenshaeKalnaur
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Oh boy, Mount Your Friends is on steam for only a few bucks

    I googled for an image to best depict this game, and I think this is pretty close
    262599-256586-MYFtest.jpg

    I reckon I've got a new game for my MULTIPLAYER - LOCAL category

    TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • PacoPaco Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    Hey @Paco, welcome! Link your Steam profile in your sig. (Info for the ones you see lots of us having is in the unusually helpful OP. ;) )

    Done! Thanks! I was wondering about those. Just got Tomb Raider and the Humble Bundle (because it contained Just Cause 2) thanks to the above recommendations. I want to try out the others as well, but I'll give my wallet some time to recuperate. (I get the feeling my wallet will never recuperate). Thanks for the recommendations!

    camo_sig2.png
    Iolo
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    @‌Drake

    Do I need to create an account to play Firefall and what is the hard drive size for it?

    RoyceSraphim on
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @‌Drake

    Do I need to create an account to play Firefall and what is the hard drive size for it?

    You can make a free account at firefallthegame.com and Firefall is AWESOME SUPER GOOD FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY.


    I strongly suggest installing and playing it if you like logging into a game, shooting a whole bunch of stuff with friends, then logging out and coming back whenever you want to shoot some stuffs.

    I am Corrigan in game.

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Khildith
  • tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    MOUNT YOUR FRIENDS?

    I think I need an adult.

    tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
    Iolo
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    tsmvengy wrote: »
    MOUNT YOUR FRIENDS?

    I think I need an adult.

    I know Yogscast has gotten some heat for something recently (no idea what) but they have a really good Mount Your Friends 2 parter.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swz8uYlaG9g

    If only I had friends to play Firefall with.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Stragint wrote: »
    I know Yogscast has gotten some heat for something recently (no idea what)

    The company developing their game Yogventures, Kickstarted about two years ago, ran out of money and gave up the trademark and assets to Yogscast..

    Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    So, this seems like a thing people want?

    signature.png

    CorriganXDrovekPixelated PixiebloodatonementSkutSkutTeeManEvilMonkeyHeirTransparentSoundsPlushHyphyKezzyKrummithSumanaiBrocksMulletAntoshkarikdalyStollsxiearsIoloAlbino BunnyJazzFawstBolthornan_altTalus9952KoopahTroopah
  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Maaaan. People talking about Trails. Makes me want it so bad...I hope I'll be able to get it on payday, but had to get an emergency new TV, so I dunno. I DO know it's gonna be great. But emergency new TV had to come first....

    Hmmm. I can probably use this one as a PC monitor. It might work correctly this time.

    M A G I K A Z A M
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    I know Yogscast has gotten some heat for something recently (no idea what)

    The company developing their game Yogventures, Kickstarted about two years ago, ran out of money and gave up the trademark and assets to Yogscast..

    I'm not sure what that means in terms of Yogscast getting a bunch of heat though. The only thing I can think of is a ton of people are pissed that they put money towards a game that is basically never going to exist.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

    If only I had friends to play Firefall with.

    They should make some kind of way to add friends in games that way you can see when they're on and playing stuff and just group with them, or make like huge collections of people that decide to join as a larger group in game with a shared chat system and stuff. Once they figure out how thats done, internet gaming will really take off!

    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    CorsiniCroakerBCIoloJazz
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

    If only I had friends to play Firefall with.

    They should make some kind of way to add friends in games that way you can see when they're on and playing stuff and just group with them, or make like huge collections of people that decide to join as a larger group in game with a shared chat system and stuff. Once they figure out how thats done, internet gaming will really take off!

    I remember the good old days when I made use of such fantastical services. Then I deleted everyone from my friends list and got banned from chat. I have created a lonely hermit like life.

    Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Mass Effects 1, 2, and 3 down, at just a hair over 70 hours all-in-all. Dangerously close to admitting that Origin isn't THAT terrible of a thing, but I know that it will turn on me eventually. It's in EA's nature.

    IoloJazz
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Not only is Mount Your Friends something I've been waiting for since I saw the first video but they put it out at a great price and with a goat in their screenshots. Well played.

  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Paco wrote: »
    Hey Steam Thread. I just recently got back into PC gaming after several years of not having a gaming machine, and I'm looking to find some friends to play with and game recommendations and all that. Currently I've got the Bioshock Trilogy and most of the Valve Games. Any other recommendations that will show off the power of my new machine? (i5, 16GB, SSD, R9 270X 4GB if that makes a difference). If anyone wants to friend me on Steam I'm pacothesage. Anyways, hello everyone.

    Skyrim with mods enhancing all the textures and such, if you wanna go down that rabbit hole/dragon cave

    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    CroakerBC
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I don't mind the thong warriors with the crazy cleavage if you make them space elves or something rediculous to reflect their origins. They don't mind running around in little clothing because they've got the power cosmic pumping through their veins after tricking a god into drinking poison......that actually sounds like a fun mod, fallen god is your wingman and he's got goofy powers like flaming cheese fireball and summon dire crab.

    signature.png

    congrats @Jazz‌ and at @Jeix

    Thanks! Looks like a fun game, hope to try the local co-op soon!

    CorriganXRoyceSraphim
  • ReverseCreationsReverseCreations Registered User regular
    With all this talk of Trails, I should really complete it on the PSP, I'm about 60-75% of the way through it. I'll probably see myself picking it up on Steam eventually on sale because I must serve, and that sort of action of porting great games should be supported.

    Also from the 2K bundle I still have:
    Bioshock,
    X-Com: Apocalypse
    X-Com:Enforcer
    X-Com:

    DFSL9Gi.jpg


  • DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    ‌Drake

    Do I need to create an account to play Firefall and what is the hard drive size for it?

    I'm pretty sure you'll need to create an account. The game itself takes up 12GB of hard drive space.

  • heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

    If only I had friends to play Firefall with.

    They should make some kind of way to add friends in games that way you can see when they're on and playing stuff and just group with them, or make like huge collections of people that decide to join as a larger group in game with a shared chat system and stuff. Once they figure out how thats done, internet gaming will really take off!

    I remember the good old days when I made use of such fantastical services. Then I deleted everyone from my friends list and got banned from chat. I have created a lonely hermit like life.
    The game was canceled, and Yogscast came out and said they were under zero obligations for the money.

    Now, they technically are correct, buuuut you don't come out and say shit like that.

    M A G I K A Z A M
    minor incidentIolo
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »

    If only I had friends to play Firefall with.

    They should make some kind of way to add friends in games that way you can see when they're on and playing stuff and just group with them, or make like huge collections of people that decide to join as a larger group in game with a shared chat system and stuff. Once they figure out how thats done, internet gaming will really take off!

    I remember the good old days when I made use of such fantastical services. Then I deleted everyone from my friends list and got banned from chat. I have created a lonely hermit like life.
    The game was canceled, and Yogscast came out and said they were under zero obligations for the money.

    Now, they technically are correct, buuuut you don't come out and say shit like that.

    Yea, that was not smart on their part though I'm not surprised at all. They got a ton of shit for the 9/11 joke they made in one of their Garry's Mod videos and basically told everyone to get over it from what I remember.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    hashtagyoutubepersonalities

    :|

    if you're gonna try to walk on water make sure you wear your comfortable shoes
    SpoitJazz
This discussion has been closed.