As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PA Forums StreamTeam! It's Happening Again! literally hours of continuous streaming!

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    If someone knows of an e-tank mask, I'd wear it.

B6yM5w2.gif
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    You can just put a picture of your avatar in the corner.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

Like put the gif overtop of my face in the webcam? That's genius.

• Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Like put the gif overtop of my face in the webcam? That's genius.

Off topic, but I did that when I was Ketar's Secret Santa in a video I knocked up for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YMiCx4HDkI

Except it wasn't just my avatar, it was every avatar from the thread.

And yes, it was much much creepier than I intended.

On the topic of streaming, going to play with the PS4's streaming this Sunday. It's not in use mid-week right? I could try setting up a new user account on my PS4 and streaming to it then.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I have a luchador mask I've been meaning to wear more often.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    Well for my first stream, I'm going to do Secret of Monkey Island. I plan on doing the game in one setting. I will figure out when I'm doing and make sure I give a heads up for it.

Otherwise I have been streaming Geneforge lately. I was also doing swapper, but I felt that got boring, because I'm just on a wall for those puzzles.

One thing, been thinking what to get, I think I'm going to get a new hard drive. That will allow me to have more games installed, and more options for people to choose something.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
    I'll choose my own stuff. And probably troll viewers. I'm like that.

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Woo, figured out how to get OBS working with what I'm using. Excellent. Now to go get a new headset because the mic on this one is awful.

steam_sig.png
  • BotznoyBotznoy Registered User regular
    The schedule is updated!

IZF2byN.jpg

Want to play co-op games? Feel free to hit me up!
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    What time do you want to start on Saturday? I'd like to sign up for a 2 or a 4 hour block.

I had it to start at roughly 10am central. God knows when that is my time I'll probably be well asleep.

IZF2byN.jpg

So are we getting the stream key via pm to work through the twitch channel?

If you'd like to do it that way, alternately you can stream using your own account and I'll throw up the web page Houn made

IZF2byN.jpg

I'll leave it up to you. Either is possible and easy. It's just a copy paste into an obs field.

• Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    If you want a central place for this event, you may just want to give out the stream key.

That said, either way works fine for me =P.

I don't even know what I am going to do yet tomorrow. Still thinking about what game to play for maximum tr- ... maximum enjoyment of the viewers.

I'll send out the streamkey for people in a bit.

@KoopahTroopah When would you be wanting to stream?

IZF2byN.jpg

edited July 2014
    Oh crap, this is tomorrow and Sunday.

How about Saturday 4pm to 8pm CST on the schedule, which is 5 to 9pm EST right?

KoopahTroopah on
    Alright updated! If there is anyone else get in quick I'll pm people the stream key.

IZF2byN.jpg

Just an update, went live at 5pm EST, played for like 10 minutes and my graphics card bugged out on me and stalled my computer with a color screen. Rebooted and set back up, tried again, 5 minutes in and it did the same thing.

So I'm out of this for now. If I figure out what's wrong and fix the issue before my slot's over I'll go back to streaming.

I am at work until 8est. If I get home and it's blank I might just start early.

That would be great and sucks about your graphics issues koopahtroopah

IZF2byN.jpg

Just an update, went live at 5pm EST, played for like 10 minutes and my graphics card bugged out on me and stalled my computer with a color screen. Rebooted and set back up, tried again, 5 minutes in and it did the same thing.

So I'm out of this for now. If I figure out what's wrong and fix the issue before my slot's over I'll go back to streaming.

Sucks man, but it wouldn't be a new event if shit didn't go wrong the first time out =).

I'm setting up. We're live.

Awesome! i'm finally up and actually awake so I'll come and chill on stream

IZF2byN.jpg

Holy crap, mad props to Ronaldo and Ash-housewares who streamed today. Ash was completely wiped by the end of Spec ops, soul crushed humanity broken.

IZF2byN.jpg

6 hours of that game. I don't even know what to say right now. It was certainly an interesting experience. I think i'm just going to go curl up in the fetal position and cry for a bit now.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    6 hours of that game. I don't even know what to say right now. It was certainly an interesting experience. I think i'm just going to go curl up in the fetal position and cry for a bit now.

Spec Ops turned me into a war criminal.

I watched you play through the water truck portion before I had to go. What ending did you end up doing?

Spec Ops turned me into a war criminal.

I watched you play through the water truck portion before I had to go. What ending did you end up doing?

The Ending:
    By the end of my run, I was exhausted and pretty much gave up on life. I was tempted to shoot Conrad, but in the end I just let him shoot me. I couldn't really bring myself to blow my own brains out, so I let my imaginary friend do it for me. It seemed fitting and I just wanted it to end.

Well, it says I am scheduled so WHY NOT, S'COOL.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I'm super interested in streaming some stuff, probably start small with something like Hearthstone. Is it still considered taboo to not have a webcam when you're streaming? I have a mic and all so I can do voice related stuff but I feel like there's no point if there's no camera since all the successful streams I've watched use them.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I'm super interested in streaming some stuff, probably start small with something like Hearthstone. Is it still considered taboo to not have a webcam when you're streaming? I have a mic and all so I can do voice related stuff but I feel like there's no point if there's no camera since all the successful streams I've watched use them.

Some people prefer to not have a camera. I have one that I use during marathons just so that people know if I'm sleeping at the keyboard or whatever, but during my every day stream it is off.

You don't need a cam unless you are particularly good looking.

Konphujun wrote: »

There really isn't a right or wrong answer to this, but I can say you don't need a camera to stream. There are plenty of "successful" streams that don't use webcams at all. 5hizzle and Lirik come to mind.

For me, I have my camera on somedays others I don't. If i'm streaming something just for the game play (Spec Ops), I usually have it off. On the other hand, If I'm running with my outfit in Planetside 2 I'll probably have it on. For streaming Planetside, the gameplay and interacting with people (viewers/outfit) are equal in measure.

Either way, it sounds like you've got a good idea on how to start out.

So sunday is mostly dead air because I was lazy and didn't hunt enough people down for streaming but always room for improvement. On monday at 7 is the MsMya stream which I will completely miss as I'm in class during then.

But in two weeks we shall be doing this again, hopefully getting people who are new to streaming starting up. Getting people to repeat and hopefully filling out the weekend more. Making it a Friday to Monday deal to give people who are free during the week but not necessarily the weekend some leniency

IZF2byN.jpg

edited July 2014
    Sounds good. Hopefully I'll be able to stream State of Decay by then. I could have always just streamed something else, but I really wanted to stream State of Decay given the reception that game has gotten in the thread.

I could always just do Dota games, I just didn't want to do that this weekend cause of The International going on.

KoopahTroopah on
    I think I ended up streaming a huge amount of Smite today. For no particular reason. I wasn't really booked, I just took over the channel. Back to my own abode for the time being.

• Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I actually streamed about 2 hours of State of Decay tonight. I'd sign up, but I'm never quite sure that much in advance what my weekend schedule is like.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be OPPOSED to doing a bit of a lead in stream to MsMya tomorrow/later today, but I have no idea what I'd stream. Also my internet likes to get really shitty around the time everyone gets home from work, so I expect my stream to die around such a time anyway.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    Schedule is updated multiple times daily so don't worry if you're not sure. Let me know when you can and i'll make the change when you know.

I might try my hand at streaming too.

IZF2byN.jpg