As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] I can't believe it's you! Posting here! Next to me!

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I think it's supposed to point to Ivarstead. It then updates once you get there. Because that's the only way up on foot.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    Yeah, gotta go through Ivarstead. There's also an easy easy quest to get that involves going up to High Hrothgar anyway, so make the best of it. Also, Firefox doesn't see anything wrong with the spelling Hrothgar. Guess it's a real word?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Huzzah, got my first Hearthfire property and got the initial house up. About furnishing the inside, is it possible to fill it with one of each item the workbench inside offers or do I need to pick and choose exactly what items I want to make?

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Huzzah, got my first Hearthfire property and got the initial house up. About furnishing the inside, is it possible to fill it with one of each item the workbench inside offers or do I need to pick and choose exactly what items I want to make?
    You can build everything from the workbench. The only thing you have to choose is which wings to build.

The initial small house, however, can be converted into an entryway after you've built a main hall, and that'll remove most everything you've built inside. The chest stays, and I think the fire pit stays. Maybe a couple other things. Then you have a new, different list of entryway furnishings to build.

Monger on
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Woo, found an easier way to rescue the NPCs from the open cities. Used the console to noclip through the walls and found about 20 people hanging out in the creepy untextured cities. Wrote down their ids then pulled them back into the real world. The weird part is how many of them immediately turned around and thanked me after I respawned them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Save before you start adding wings, though. You can't replace them later so if you slap on a library and discover that in Lakeview, "library tower" means "two tiny, unconnected rooms with a couple bookcases and like a chair, plus widow's walk," you're permanently out of whatever the other two things that could go in that slot were.

(Fortunately I did it all at once and so could reload without losing anything.)

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    My kingdom for an ENB that's not too contrast heavy, not too dark, not too washed out, works well with RCRN and isn't too performance heavy.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    So i just finished downloading all of the mods I want to use, used wrye bash because of all of my equipment mods, and ran it all through LOOT. Does this load order look good? The game at least boots up through SKSE which I'm taking as a good sign.

rq7kcb90j7w0.png

LostNinja on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    My kingdom for an ENB that's not too contrast heavy, not too dark, not too washed out, works well with RCRN and isn't too performance heavy.
    Have I mentioned SkyRealism on this page yet? Because it's all of those things. Except maybe for RCRN compatible. RCRN, as far as I'm aware, isn't supposed to be run alongside any other lighting or weather mods of any kind.
    LostNinja wrote: »
    So i just finished downloading all of the mods I want to use, used wrye bash because of all of my equipment mods, and ran it all through LOOT. Does this load order look good? The game at least boots up through SKSE which I'm taking as a good sign.
    As long as you got Jaysus swords from the Sharlikran Compatibility Patch page rather than the Jaysus Swords page, you look fine. If not, you'll want to replace it with the Sharlikran version and then remake your bashed patch.

Monger on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    high difficulty + live another life does not a good combo make.
    Its like. you spawn surrounded by a cruel uncaring world where a single skeever is going to tear your throat out and shit on your eyes as soon as you open a door.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular

Is there a reason you're so set on using RCRN? I didn't realize people still use that.

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Is there a reason you're so set on using RCRN? I didn't realize people still use that.

The latest version is easy to use, customize, and is on par or has more features than Climates of Tamriel now. If you pair it with a good ENB, it looks absolutely stunning. The combination often brings computers to their knees, though.

Right now I'm playing around with Vividian ENB, which has a great installer and supports a lot of other mods, and Serenity ENB. I put them in the OP instead of RealVision. I think they look better and they're not a pain in the ass to install. They also support ELE, something that's fast becoming a requirement for ENB mods to me.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    How is RealVision difficult to install? You just put the files in the Skyrim directory and get the dll from the ENB website. Edit: And set bFloatPointRenderTarget=1 in the Skyrim ini.

Anyway, RealVision and SkyRealism are the ones which have a nice color set that I've seen. Close to vanilla but enhanced.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Bah. Random crashes are annoying and really sap my will to play Skyrim. And I can't really try activating and deactivating mods because with the long time since I played and the computer move I have no idea what I had installed.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Alright, saved the missing citizens, and moved on to modding the graphics, lighting and shaders. I was a little hesitant to do that, since it basically killed New Vegas when I tried doing it last time, but everything seems to be working so far.

Putting on Realistic Lighting and Skyrealism has made a huge change, and I'm pretty happy with how it looks now.

A9721110C396C8233CB862E181A1F48443E31732

1AB72C8FF39B2EAABDE57E11C34B10E7045DC467

53B68392F7C159FA3B20E0E28C7BFA40C1029969

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    I had never heard of ELE until Dashui's post... now I need to look into getting this because it looks quite promising.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Yeah playing around with the ambient mins and maxes seems to be fixing things a little

• Options
    Monger wrote: »
    As long as you got Jaysus swords from the Sharlikran Compatibility Patch page rather than the Jaysus Swords page, you look fine. If not, you'll want to replace it with the Sharlikran version and then remake your bashed patch.

Thanks, I was wondering why it kept saying outdated but when I downloaded from the page NMM linked me to it was the same version. That should be updated in the OP.

• Options
    The thing that makes ENBs so infuriating for me is that you can't just easily swap one out with the other....not unless you have a few hours to spare. You would have to go back and change the settings with your other mods if they require a certain compatibility patch or ini tweak. Speaking of ini tweaks, I have three SkyrimPreferences files in total (one in My Documents, one in my Skyrim folder and the other in my other Skyrim folder where the bulk of the game is, since it was moved with Steammover), so I have to manually change each one just to make sure there aren't any conflicts.

Screenshots are no help either: while the ones presented in Nexus pages are cinematically gorgeous, they usually give no clear indication how it would look while you're actually playing instead of posing.

I guess the only way for me to find out is to spend a day with each ENB and determine for myself. I like the way RCRN brings the colors out, so I'd like to keep that. As for ENBs, I've heard Sharpshooter Extreme, Serenity and Project ENB mentioned often.

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Skyrim you're breaking my heart, I was totally ready to actually play you and now this....

Major, major FPS issues abound. But only sometimes. Here are some screenshots to help illustrate my problem.

In this image, while facing in this direction and swingin' the camera around and all that fun stuff, I sit at 60 FPS. I'm on top of a tower. Good times
    aMEPLo9.jpg?1[img][/img]

If I turn around and look the other direction, my FPS drops to the low 20's. Same tower.
    su65mz0.jpg?1[img][/img]

Now let's say I go downstairs in that tower, and I'm fortunate enough to look in this direction shown in this screenshot. FPS at 60 fps again.
    mg]

But if I turn around and look at the other side of the room, I'm back down to my 20ish FPS.
    nuE0XkE.jpg?1[img][/img]

I'm about to start disabling mods and experimenting to see what might be causing this, but if anybody has any ideas I could use some direction. Here's my mod list, which I admit is longer and scarier looking than I thought it was.
    +Alternate Start - Live Another Life
    +When Vampires Attack
    +Skyrim Flora Overhaul
    +The Eyes Of Beauty
    +Armored Skeletons and The Walking Dead
    +Beast Skeletons
    +Real Roads for Skyrim
    +Dynamic Auto Sorting System
    +Dual Sheath Redux
    +High Quality 3D Map
    +A Quality World Map
    +Dogs of Skyrim
    +New Animation for 1 Handed Weapon
    +Momo Acrobatic Jump
    +XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS
    +Realistic Ragdolls and Force
    +Dual Wield Parrying
    +Dodge Mod
    +Deadly Combat - Deadly Combat 4_01
    +Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
    +Sneak Tools
    +SPERG Weapon Styles
    +SPERG - Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay
    +ACE - Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements
    +ESP - Expanded Skyrim Presets
    +Faster Mining
    +Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn
    +Harvest Overhaul
    +Acquisitive Soul Gems
    +UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul
    +Better Vampires 6.6
    +Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
    +Read And Learn Speechcraft Speech
    +Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf
    +Winter Is Coming - Cloaks
    +Cloaks of Skyrim
    +Immersive Armors
    +Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized
    +OneTweak
    +Functional Bags
    +Realistic Boat Bobbing
    +Waves
    +Realistic Crime Radius
    +Reneers Crime Overhaul
    +Run For Your Lives
    +Better Dynamic Snow
    +Ultimate HD Fire Effects
    +Better Shaped Weapons - All in One Installer
    +Interesting NPCs
    +The Skyrim Distance Overhaul Beta (S.D.O.)
    +No Snow Under The Roof
    +SkyFalls + SkyMills
    +Better MessageBox Controls
    +Guard Dialogue Overhaul
    +XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement
    +Skyrim -Community- Uncapper
    +Even Better Quest Objectives
    +Convenient Horses
    +Beards
    +Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers
    +Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons
    +Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization
    +Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds
    +Immersive Patrols
    +Pure Weather
    +Pure Waters
    +No More Blocky Faces
    +Wearable Lanterns
    +Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
    +Realistic Lighting Overhaul
    +Categorized Favorites Menu
    +Immersive HUD - iHUD
    +The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod
    +SkyUI
    +Immersive Weapons
    +RaceMenu
    +Ruins Clutter Improved
    +Static Mesh Improvement Mod
    +Better Dialogue Controls
    +Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade
    +Skyrim Project Optimization
    +Natural Grass Texture Floor
    +Unofficial High Resolution Patch
    +Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
    *Dragonborn
    +Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
    *HearthFires
    +Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
    *Dawnguard
    +Unofficial Skyrim Patch
    *HighResTexturePack01
    *HighResTexturePack02
    *HighResTexturePack03
    *SoS - Civilization-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors
    *SoS - Civilization-PatchRLOMinorCities
    *SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLODungeonLighting
    *SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLODungeons
    *SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors

• Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    Skyrim you're breaking my heart, I was totally ready to actually play you and now this....

Major, major FPS issues abound. But only sometimes. Here are some screenshots to help illustrate my problem.

In this image, while facing in this direction and swingin' the camera around and all that fun stuff, I sit at 60 FPS. I'm on top of a tower. Good times
    aMEPLo9.jpg?1[img][/img]

If I turn around and look the other direction, my FPS drops to the low 20's. Same tower.
    su65mz0.jpg?1[img][/img]

Now let's say I go downstairs in that tower, and I'm fortunate enough to look in this direction shown in this screenshot. FPS at 60 fps again.
    mg]

But if I turn around and look at the other side of the room, I'm back down to my 20ish FPS.
    nuE0XkE.jpg?1[img][/img]

I'm about to start disabling mods and experimenting to see what might be causing this, but if anybody has any ideas I could use some direction. Here's my mod list, which I admit is longer and scarier looking than I thought it was.
    +Alternate Start - Live Another Life
    +When Vampires Attack
    +Skyrim Flora Overhaul
    +The Eyes Of Beauty
    +Armored Skeletons and The Walking Dead
    +Beast Skeletons
    +Real Roads for Skyrim
    +Dynamic Auto Sorting System
    +Dual Sheath Redux
    +High Quality 3D Map
    +A Quality World Map
    +Dogs of Skyrim
    +New Animation for 1 Handed Weapon
    +Momo Acrobatic Jump
    +XP32 Maximum Skeleton -XPMS
    +Realistic Ragdolls and Force
    +Dual Wield Parrying
    +Dodge Mod
    +Deadly Combat - Deadly Combat 4_01
    +Fores New Idles in Skyrim - FNIS
    +Sneak Tools
    +SPERG Weapon Styles
    +SPERG - Skyrim Perk Enhancements and Rebalanced Gameplay
    +ACE - Athyra's Comprehensive Enhancements
    +ESP - Expanded Skyrim Presets
    +Faster Mining
    +Take Notes - Journal of the Dragonborn
    +Harvest Overhaul
    +Acquisitive Soul Gems
    +UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul
    +Better Vampires 6.6
    +Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade
    +Read And Learn Speechcraft Speech
    +Thieves Guild Requirements - No Auto Quest Start Brynjolf
    +Winter Is Coming - Cloaks
    +Cloaks of Skyrim
    +Immersive Armors
    +Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized
    +OneTweak
    +Functional Bags
    +Realistic Boat Bobbing
    +Waves
    +Realistic Crime Radius
    +Reneers Crime Overhaul
    +Run For Your Lives
    +Better Dynamic Snow
    +Ultimate HD Fire Effects
    +Better Shaped Weapons - All in One Installer
    +Interesting NPCs
    +The Skyrim Distance Overhaul Beta (S.D.O.)
    +No Snow Under The Roof
    +SkyFalls + SkyMills
    +Better MessageBox Controls
    +Guard Dialogue Overhaul
    +XCE - Xenius Character Enhancement
    +Skyrim -Community- Uncapper
    +Even Better Quest Objectives
    +Convenient Horses
    +Beards
    +Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers
    +Sounds of Skyrim - The Dungeons
    +Sounds of Skyrim - Civilization
    +Sounds of Skyrim - The Wilds
    +Immersive Patrols
    +Pure Weather
    +Pure Waters
    +No More Blocky Faces
    +Wearable Lanterns
    +Bandolier - Bags and Pouches
    +Realistic Lighting Overhaul
    +Categorized Favorites Menu
    +Immersive HUD - iHUD
    +The Dance of Death - A Killmove Mod
    +SkyUI
    +Immersive Weapons
    +RaceMenu
    +Ruins Clutter Improved
    +Static Mesh Improvement Mod
    +Better Dialogue Controls
    +Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade
    +Skyrim Project Optimization
    +Natural Grass Texture Floor
    +Unofficial High Resolution Patch
    +Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
    *Dragonborn
    +Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
    *HearthFires
    +Unofficial Dawnguard Patch
    *Dawnguard
    +Unofficial Skyrim Patch
    *HighResTexturePack01
    *HighResTexturePack02
    *HighResTexturePack03
    *SoS - Civilization-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors
    *SoS - Civilization-PatchRLOMinorCities
    *SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLODungeonLighting
    *SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLODungeons
    *SoS - The Dungeons-PatchRLOMajorCityInteriors

Though I'm an amateur in the world of modding, my guess would be your low fps mods have dynamic lighting situations (braziers and sunlight rays) and your high fps areas do not. That's where I would start looking.

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Have you made any ini tweaks? I'm particularly thinking of tree LOD.

In a similar vein, try disabling Flora Overhaul, especially if you aren't using the "basic" version.

This is not related, but while I'm thinking of it, I can recommend this mod to improve framerates. I only use the Rift leaves module, as weather does not affect my frames much, but I get noticeable slowdown in the Rift and this definitely fixes that.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
  • Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Only thing I got doing a quicky search is if you are using any of the ENB shaders is to disable soft particles and see if that helps. I do recall there being some strange bug like what you are describing that can be fixed with INI tweaks but I can't for the life of me remember what MOD told me what the fix was.

I would suggest disabling any lighting mods one by one and seeing if that helps. I do see that you have Realistic Lighting Overhaul and thats a just a big ball of yarn in and of itself. Make sure you followed ALL the ini tweaks that it may have suggested.

• Options
    I've had that problem before, but I don't remember how I fixed it. I want to say it was more of an engine and memory issue than a mod issue.

You don't seem to be running an ENB. Are you running ENBoost? It's an ENB preset with all the graphical effects disabled and all the memory management and performance fixes enabled. It makes a major difference to the game's smoothness and stability.

Dropping from SFO full to basic definitely might help. You might also try dropping the distance overhaul. Both are pretty heavy on memory usage, and I remember you saying you only had 1GB of VRAM.

• Options
    Should I still install the unofficial patch for the texture pack DLC if I disabled HighResTexturePack01.esp and HighResTexturePack02.esp per the OP recommendations and am using SMIM?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Should I still install the unofficial patch for the texture pack DLC if I disabled HighResTexturePack01.esp and HighResTexturePack02.esp per the OP recommendations and am using SMIM?
    Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized replaces the DLC entirely if you're using the full version. You don't need the esp enabled or anything added to your ini, or the bsa files on your computer at all. You do want the unofficial patch. It used to be included, but isn't anymore. Make sure you download the unofficial patch compatibility update from the Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized page.

Also, I'm pretty certain that the priority with which Skyrim loads textures from various places was changed in a patch after the DLC came out, so the ini tweak isn't necessary to make loose files overwrite bsas that are loaded from dummy esps anymore. It's still a useful tweak in order to save esp slots, because there's a max of 255 before the game stops loading properly, though it's also not necessary for doing that if you're using Mod Organizer, which can force bsas to load through its own means. @Dashui, you may or may not want to confirm and update that information. It's pretty confusing, all in all, and I'm not sure if it would actually help anyone.

edit: The unofficial high res patch has the three high res .esps as masters, which means they need to be active or the game will crash on load. I haven't used Hi-Res DLC Optimized since it stopped including the unofficial patch, so I don't know how it deals with it. There's probably instructions in the readme, but the unofficial patch bsa can also be forced to load through the ini or Mod Organizer in the same way as the normal DLC because the .esp doesn't do anything.

Monger on
  • Options
    http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12801/?

I found this helped a ton once I settled on a set of textures.

did a moderate option and didn't notice any difference visually in game but it bought me a good 5-10 fps

• Options
    edited July 2014
    So I disabled all of my add-ons, uninstalling as needed to get my save to load up in that location, and.... my frame rate was still cutting in half under the same circumstances. I googled around about this specific location, Fort Amol, and ended up getting a forum post result over on "Lovers Lab" (which I gather is like the red-light district of NSFW Skyrim mods) of someone having the exact same problem in the same place. He blamed it on XP32 Maximum Skeleton, which I did have installed for reasons I can't remember. The guy claimed to have fixed it by downloading an "Extended" version of XP32, which was for some reason only on Lovers Lab and not the Nexus.

I went ahead and downloaded it, and it appears to have actually fixed the problem. Despite that, I'm now so uncomfortable with what this mod might be doing to my performance that I feel like I want to stop using it altogether, but I can't figure out if it uninstalls cleanly or how much FNIS is involved and I think I am just going to nuke my Skyrim install and start over.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized replaces the DLC entirely if you're using the full version. You don't need the esp enabled or anything added to your ini, or the bsa files on your computer at all. You do want the unofficial patch. It used to be included, but isn't anymore. Make sure you download the unofficial patch compatibility update from the Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized page.

Also, I'm pretty certain that the priority with which Skyrim loads textures from various places was changed in a patch after the DLC came out, so the ini tweak isn't necessary to make loose files overwrite bsas that are loaded from dummy esps anymore. It's still a useful tweak in order to save esp slots, because there's a max of 255 before the game stops loading properly, though it's also not necessary for doing that if you're using Mod Organizer, which can force bsas to load through its own means. @Dashui, you may or may not want to confirm and update that information. It's pretty confusing, all in all, and I'm not sure if it would actually help anyone.

edit: The unofficial high res patch has the three high res .esps as masters, which means they need to be active or the game will crash on load. I haven't used Hi-Res DLC Optimized since it stopped including the unofficial patch, so I don't know how it deals with it. There's probably instructions in the readme, but the unofficial patch bsa can also be forced to load through the ini or Mod Organizer in the same way as the normal DLC because the .esp doesn't do anything.

does the DLc Textures cover things stuff like the 4k mod doesn't?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    XP32 Maximum Skeleton is a requirement for Dual Sheath Redux. Well, that or another skeleton mod that allows for the same weapon nodes.

• Options
    Yeah that must have been why I installed it. I'm going to say it wasn't worth it for me.

• Options
    I avoid animation and mesh mods pretty hardcore

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Sorry for bombarding the thread with mod talk, I promise to talk about the game when I get to playing it and hopefully that's more interesting, but for now...

I'm using Mod Organizer, and I want to download the Update file for SMIM . The little bit in the directions says to use NMM and "pick NO to upgrade question", but I'm wondering what the equivalent choice is when using Mod Organizer. Merge? Replace?

EDIT: Pretty sure the answer was "merge", that's what I went with. Lean, mean, freshly installed mod line-up ready for a test run.

Kid Presentable on
  • Options
    Jesus this one battle in the early companions quests is the first that makes me thinks my difficulty is too high

so many zombieeeesssssssssss

• Options
    Sorry for bombarding the thread with mod talk, I promise to talk about the game

Nobody is talking about the game.

• Options
    Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Ive been using the Monster Mod and Immersive Creatures now for the last oh 20 hours or so. Im absolutely loving the new things that pop up unexpectedly through out the land. It really revitalized my interest in just traveling as I don't know what ill meet next. The dwarven replacement for dragons is particularly awe inspiring.

• Options
    LaonarLaonar Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I need to go about and redo all my mods. Can I just unimstall them from nexus manager an do a fresh reinstall?

I'm really not sure how to go about this. It's my first time trying to redo everything again

Laonar on
  • Options
    "Lovers Lab" (which I gather is like the red-light district of NSFW Skyrim mods)
    Basically. Lot of rape mods in those parts. Lot of rape mods in those parts.

That XP32 skeleton situation is bizarre. I'm kind of baffled as to how it could even be causing that kind of problem. Then again, Skyrim is basically haunted so it shouldn't come as a surprise.

does the DLc Textures cover things stuff like the 4k mod doesn't?
    The high res DLC covers a good 95% of the game's total textures, given that it's just pulled from Bethesda's source files. I'm pretty sure that no individual major texture pack comes close to being as thorough. As long as your computer can handle it and you aren't cripplingly short of hard drive space, there isn't any reason to not have it installed. Any other texture overhaul you install will just overwrite whatever it needs to, anyway.

That said, I couldn't give you any specifics as to what any particular 4k texture overhaul covers because I don't use any of them. Other than aMidianBorn, I don't really like the way any of the other major texture overhauls look, and 4k textures are generally overkill for most of the game's assets unless you're taking screenshots with a free camera, you're playing at a resolution well above 1920x1080, or you have enough spare VRAM that it just doesn't really matter. I'm in none of those situations.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    So I finally got everything installed and ready to play, but now the storm cloak won't talk to me on the carriage ride to Helgen, and without that the opening scene will never start after we get there (the carriages just keep trying to move forward). It's happened three times, so it's not just a random glitch. Could one of my mods (listed in my post at the top of the page minus JaySus Sword and plus the unofficial patches and Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized) be causing this?

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Make sure you remember to do LOOT whenever you change mods.

I wouldn't think it is a texture mod causing that problem, so the Hi-Res mod is probably not it. You don't have many mods so you can probably use process of elimination to figure out the culprit pretty quick. Deactivate half your mods and see if that fixes it. That will narrow it down quickly.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png