As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battleborn] Out Now! Go Do Badass Type Stuff!

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Redthirst wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    In a world where Overwatch exists, and with 99.9% certainty will be free to play - I don't understand how Battleborn is a 60$ retail box on a shelve.

because, personally, Overwatch looks generic and boring as hell and free to play just means "awful online community".

I'll take Battleborn any day; the characters are goofy crazy.

edit: oh the far more important fact that Battleborn has single player and co-op. Online PVP games are nothing short of nightmarish for me.

Yeah, but they are still going to clash with Overwatch, since a lot of people are hyped for it. Though it's possible that Battleborn will focus on co-op first and PvP second, meaning that they will attract different kinda of audience.

They won't clash for me at all. I'm playing offline or co-op with a friend only. I just need the game to come out and it most assuredly will.

• RedthirstRedthirst Registered User regular
    Apparently, I'm in. Won't be able to tell anything that's going to happen in it, though.

steam_sig.png
    Apparently, I'm in. Won't be able to tell anything that's going to happen in it, though.

Me too !

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Woohoo, me too!

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Same, take that stupid no overwatch invite

PSN SeGaTai
    I can't wait to see all the rest of the characters. They're all so unique and crazy looking.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    My name is Dandy Witch...word? Yes, Dandy Witchword. I would like everyone to please describe to me in detail your experiences with the game. This is a safe space, no one will know you broke NDA.

>.>
    <.<

^_^ Yep, all will be fine!

Someone get the lawyers ready!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    I can disclose the fact that things occur when I press buttons

but more I cannot say

BAM! Lawsuit!

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    oh no my zenny!

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I got an invite to this as well and pre-loaded last night.

I'll be honest though, a lot of my original interest in the game has been smothered by Overwatch excitement. But if the focus is more on Co-op then I can see Battleborn getting some good time out of me if it's as fun as Borderlands to shoot folks.

We shall see.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm going in with incredibly low expectations. Hopefully I come out with a purchase. I know it's a technical test so I won't hold that against them, but if the game ends up fun then I'll buy it.

If Battleborn has an enjoyable solo experience, I'll probably pick it up. Pitchford kinda rubbed me the wrong way by being such a massive shitlord over the Colonial Marines debacle, but Gearbox is more than just him and I'm interested in what the Borderlands team comes up with next.

• darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    I too have a code and am interested to give this a try!

I expect there to be graphics, and also, mechanics.

forumsig.png
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    darleysam wrote: »
    I too have a code and am interested to give this a try!

I expect there to be graphics, and also, mechanics.

I would say that this is a fair and balanced assessment.

Looking forward to playing this tomorrow.

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I too will not say anything about the beta.

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Surprised there's some kind of NDA agreement seeing like it seems they let everyone in. I just signed up on their site and it immediately took me to a page with a code.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Surprised there's some kind of NDA agreement seeing like it seems they let everyone in. I just signed up on their site and it immediately took me to a page with a code.

The first rule of Battleborn Club is: you do not talk about Battleborn Club.
    The second rule is: gl,hf.

forumsig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »

The first rule of Battleborn Club is: you do not talk about Battleborn Club.
    The second rule is: gl,hf.

Questions will be limited to "how awesome is it." Answers will be limited to "so awesome."

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    It's pretty strange that they have and NDA but it seems like they give access to everyone.

steam_sig.png
    Tried to load it up this morning (since my xbox told me it's cool to go) and it still hadn't started, but then my console was also on the fritz and would shut down whenever I loaded up Youtube, so I really have no idea what's going on.

forumsig.png
    Tried to load it up this morning (since my xbox told me it's cool to go) and it still hadn't started, but then my console was also on the fritz and would shut down whenever I loaded up Youtube, so I really have no idea what's going on.

I don't think it starts till 1PM EST.

It's pretty strange that they have and NDA but it seems like they give access to everyone.

I know three people that didn't get in.

Cloud cover's throwing my sundial out of wack, so I'll just assume that means 'tonight'.

forumsig.png

Cloud cover's throwing my sundial out of wack, so I'll just assume that means 'tonight'.

In about 5 hours. :P

In about 5 hours. :P

Nice! And it coincides with my weekend starting early, so even better!

forumsig.png

And at the same time some people tell how they signed up today and instantly got a key. Strange.

steam_sig.png

And at the same time some people tell how they signed up today and instantly got a key. Strange.

I think it may have something to do with connection speed; the people I know don't have very high.

I think it may have something to do with connection speed; the people I know don't have very high.

Yeah, they did say that several factors influence whether you get into beta. Another factor is region, so maybe they have a specific number of beta slots for each region. Some regions have more players, so less, so some regions are full and people can't get in, while others aren't full and people from them can get an instant key.

steam_sig.png

Yeah, they did say that several factors influence whether you get into beta. Another factor is region, so maybe they have a specific number of beta slots for each region. Some regions have more players, so less, so some regions are full and people can't get in, while others aren't full and people from them can get an instant key.

I told one of them to go try to request a key again and lo and behold she got one.

So yeah it seems a little borked.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular

So...North America?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    It started, but a lot of people(including me} get a "missing executable" error.

steam_sig.png
  • DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    It started, but a lot of people(including me} get a "missing executable" error.

Same here, and I already verified game cache and all.

...err, I mean, someone I know has that problem, but I wouldn't know about it because that would mean he broke the NDA.

Yeah...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Try restarting Steam? Seems to have been downloading extra updates for it for me.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Yeah, it's on now. There is a queue, though.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, the queue sure is making it hard to test the game. I understand why they have it, I just hope they lessen it as it goes on.

forumsig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2015
    I'm just going to say this.

Phoebe is sum buuuuuuuuuuulllllllshit.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    A queue doesn't seem very useful if you can't see where you are in it.

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Yup I've been in the queue for at least 30 minutes now (PS4)

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    I'm finally in a game! I know nothing about MOBAs!

forumsig.png