As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South [hotels] are live!

13»

• Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    CyberFey wrote: »
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    Any Red Roof Inn folks?

Thursday night, we will be!
    Spikeguy wrote: »
    I'm staying at the Red Roof.
    boopmeow wrote: »
    I'm at Red Roof Thursday through Saturday and hoping people are down for games and what not!

Sounds like Pax is taking over the Red Roof Inn!

This space for rent
  • Options
    chellerschellers New HampshireRegistered User regular
    We just checked into the Crockett. So far, so good. But we are across the hall from a vending machine, so there is potential for frustration. Also, free breakfast! Score.

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    note to anyone else in the hilton - the complimentary wifi has a data cap (and not a very big one) and if you hit it it times you out for a bit (not sure how long as I went out just after I hit it but it was back on when I came back an hour or so later).

Its ok for mobile access but if you want to do anything serious your probably better off paying for one of the other access levels.

• Options
    PequeninosPequeninos Registered User new member
    Any recommendations for a last minute hotel? I'm driving in from Austin and need a place for tomorrow.

• Options
    Well since it is over I thought we would start with the hotel reviews.

Hotel: Red Roof Inn ($99/night + taxes)

My buddy and I stayed there for the weekend. We chose it mostly for the cheap price since we were trying to keep the budget down. The lady at the desk was friendly at check-in, although they wanted to charge us the full stay at check in, which I have never had it happen to me before. The room was clean when we entered. We scored a room not facing the interstate so that was a big win. It was relatively quiet even though we were the room next to the laundry room and elevator. There is a nearby Dominos so that was a nice taste from home for us.

A couple bummers was the location. While it was within a quick 10 minute walk to the convention center, there wasn't a convenient store close. We couldn't buy any pop one night since the vending machine was empty (thanks a lot nerds) and there wasn't any nearby 7/11's that we saw. The water pressure from the shower was a lot faster than what I was used to at home. The water was hot though so it could have been worse. There was one night where the maid didn't leave fresh towels so we had to grab some at the desk.

Also, this didn't apply to us but parking a car costs an extra $10/night.

Overall I would definitely say the Red Roof Inn was very good to us. If you are tight on the cash you can't go wrong with this hotel. However for next year I'm going to try to get a room at the Hyatt or Marriot. I would love to be right at the event if possible.

This space for rent
  • Options
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    Well since it is over I thought we would start with the hotel reviews.

Hotel: Red Roof Inn ($99/night + taxes)

My buddy and I stayed there for the weekend. We chose it mostly for the cheap price since we were trying to keep the budget down. The lady at the desk was friendly at check-in, although they wanted to charge us the full stay at check in, which I have never had it happen to me before. The room was clean when we entered. We scored a room not facing the interstate so that was a big win. It was relatively quiet even though we were the room next to the laundry room and elevator. There is a nearby Dominos so that was a nice taste from home for us. Also, I didn't realize this until we were there but their TV's allowed for us to plug in game consoles. If I knew that I would have brought my 64 and Conker's Bad Fur Day and invited half the hotel for 4 player madness.

A couple bummers was the location. While it was within a quick 10 minute walk to the convention center, there wasn't a convenient store close. We couldn't buy any pop one night since the vending machine was empty (thanks a lot nerds) and there wasn't any nearby 7/11's that we saw. The water pressure from the shower was a lot faster than what I was used to at home. The water was hot though so it could have been worse. There was one night where the maid didn't leave fresh towels so we had to grab some at the desk.

Also, this didn't apply to us but parking a car costs an extra $10/night.

Overall I would definitely say the Red Roof Inn was very good to us. If you are tight on the cash you can't go wrong with this hotel. However for next year I'm going to try to get a room at the Hyatt or Marriot. I would love to be right at the event if possible.

This space for rent