As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Shot of Ice & Fire: Book One (barcrawl signups are open!)

• Options
    TomsushiTomsushi Registered User regular
    I am excited for this, my group of friends and I have decided to come in Thursday night instead of Friday morning just so we can attend this!

• Options
    IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    Me and my buddies already registered! PAX can't come soon enough!! Aaah!

uV3Kd9v.png
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    kube00 wrote: »
    Sweet! My plane should get in soon enough and I will join a house and venture forth!

One question dont know if this was covered in the OP my wife might come along to as well. Could I cancel her reservation if she decides not to?

Yes, please. Space is limited, and so if you are sure you will no longer need your ticket, canceling it will make that spot available to someone else to join along and help raise monies for da keeds.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    flashe wrote: »
    All you Lannisters don't forget to bring the gold for the children!

The Night's Watch also accepts Lannister gold. We take no sides. Except Child's Play's side. We totes take that side.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    ProTip: Call your local bank/credit union/financial institution and ask them to order a roll or two of $1 coins. These are actually gold in color (albeit not in material) and they are legal tender. Having done this before it's actually kind of fun to pull out a handful of gold coins to pay for a drink. Or to toss a coin at a fellow pub-crawler (or into the Child's play tip jar/bag), knowing it is not only for show, but also for real.

Collorary: coins can hurt if you do more than "toss" them, so please Please know your limits!

EDIT: a word

Stupid on

26904.png
  • Options
    DolarrahDolarrah New JerseyRegistered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    ProTip: coins can hurt if you do more than "toss" them, so please Please know your limits!

Hmm, Hard things thrown at you can hurt.... Hodor not know this.

• Options
    Dolarrah wrote: »
    Stupid wrote: »
    ProTip: coins can hurt if you do more than "toss" them, so please Please know your limits!

Hodor.

ftfy

7B14287.png
  • Options
    AggressAggress Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Just booked my ticket. So many Stark, so few Wildlings lol.

• Options
    xaldin87xaldin87 Gaymer SaTxRegistered User regular
    So excited, I just registered ^.^

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    SwaeSwae Registered User regular
    Just a quick update, tickets are about half gone as of this morning.

Also, House Targaryen is the best house. Fire and Blood!

• Options
    Swae wrote: »
    Just a quick update, tickets are about half gone as of this morning.

Also, House Targaryen is the best house. Fire and Blood!

What little GoT I have seen, I have come to believe that I am an incarnation of Daenerys.

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

• Options
    flasheflashe Craft Beer Aficionado US - East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    House Lannister will pay you twice as much as the Targaryens! Twice the Blood and....sorry no dragons, but we'll buy one if you see one :D

But, seriously just pick a house w/open spot(s), signup, show up ready for fun w/ your future PAX friends, and help a great cause!

flashe on
  • Options
    Remember what happened to the last guy that tried to buy a dragon?

• Options
    GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    edited December 2014
    The Nights Watch actively ignores all your politics.. but.. has anyone seen the wildlings?

GhostDan on
  • Options
    Too soon Swae...Too soon.
    GhostDan wrote: »
    The Nights Watch actively ignores all your politics.. but.. has anyone seen the wildlings?

Judging by the tickets left, no :p

• Options
    edited December 2014
    I just read the challenges... i can drink... but dannnnnng. My people are trained in drinking but dannnngggggg

xaldin87 on

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    SPOILERS

• Options
    House Stark has sold out. I would like to remind everyone that people are always welcome at the Wall.

7B14287.png
  • Options
    House Stark sold out? Looks like a lot of people want to Die before the end of the first book

• Options
    murdocmurdoc Registered User regular
    4 more for the Nightwatch!

...it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.
  • Options
    %D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D0%B0-%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D0%BE%D0%BB%D0%BE%D0%B2-%D1%81%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B8%D0%B0%D0%BB%D1%8B-%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%B8-Valor-morgulis-425356.jpeg

• Options
    My cosplay project is starting to come together. Finished building my Arc Reactor last night. I'm sharing because I'm pretty impressed with how it came out. You might need to have a Google account for this link to work
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109937817418770495539/albums/6094044345966951281/6094044345692210706?pid=6094044345692210706&oid=109937817418770495539

As a Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist and Professional Alcoholic, I will be doing my part for House Stark. The only real "challenge" will be The Golden Crown. (Budweiser? Really?! It'll be a real challenge to get that down.) Just remember: dragons don't help with hangovers. So....

26904.png
  • Options
    If anyone gives me any beefs I can make them a golden crown.... its wont feel very good when i put it on them though.... might be hot

• Options
    TraithTraith Indianapolis, INRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure that I like what it says about me that I read the challenges and my first thought was, "Is that all?". The whole thing sounds like the first 2 hours of a normal PAX night for me... Any house in the market for an exceptionally high-functioning Ringer? :P

South 2015 Status: [✓] 3-Day Badges [✓] Hotel [✓] Plane Tickets [✓] Time Off [ready] Liver

Attendee:
    Prime: '13
    South: '15
  • Options
    DhutchDhutch Registered User regular
    I just want to emphasize a few things for anyone new to these particular crawls:

In staying with PAX tradition, the Thursday evening prior to PAX will see a huge group of us crawling through the city streets, drinking, making friends, and raising money for Child's Play.
    This means we will ask you for donations. There will probably be cool things auctioned off. Don’t be stingy - bring some extra cash and think of the children.
    How Do I Win?
    The House that raises the most will be declared the most bestest house ever (at least for this year) and will have bragging rights going into Book Two.

[/spoiler]

The crawl isn't about measuring your liver, so don't be worried if you have to slow down- or if you want a couple booster shots to get you good 'n' toasty, by all means!

Above all, this is drinking FOR THE KIDS! Stay safe!

Ravenclaw, Dumbledore's Army! CaCAW! 2011 TWDT Winners!
  • Options
    Yeah, the drinking and the challenges are the framework for bringing everyone together and being social together, but the /goal/ is to raise money.

• Options
    edited December 2014
    My Vote For BAR 6 - If this does not end your night - Nothing will

Red Devil
    Highball Glass

1 1/2 oz vodka
    1 1/2 oz peach schnapps
    1 1/2 oz Southern Comfort® peach liqueur
    1 1/2 oz sloe gin
    2 oz triple sec
    2 oz orange juice
    1 splash grenadine syrup

Mix alcohols into an ice-filled cocktail shaker. Add the juice and grenadine, and shake. Serve in a 10-12 oz. glass.

Read more: Red Devil recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink179.html#ixzz3MVTJoBUq

PS - Can we substitute SHINER for Bud - Not all of us like the taste of Clydesdale Piss, so I guess I am going with CROWN

Dolarrah on
  • Options
    EtaoinEtaoin South Barcrawl Lead, Omeganaut S16 TexasRegistered User regular
    In case you are in to that whole social media thing we now have House Facebook pages! Let's get the momentum going and raise some money for Child's Play!

House Baratheon

House Stark

House Lannister

House Targaryen

The Night's Watch

The Wildlings

7paDBmR.png
  • Options
    Hi everyone I just had a quick question, is donating for Child's Play going to be done at the event or will it be posted online somewhere in advance?

• Options
    IrsoolIrsool Registered User regular
    I just sent a request to join the Targaryen house ^^ I'm Tirso

uV3Kd9v.png
  • Options
    Tomsushi wrote: »
    Hi everyone I just had a quick question, is donating for Child's Play going to be done at the event or will it be posted online somewhere in advance?

All donations collected for the crawl will only be taken in person in cash on site, but you can also donate directly to Child's Play Charity 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week here: http://www.childsplaycharity.org/donate

7B14287.png
  • Options
    peetsnack wrote: »
    All donations collected for the crawl will only be taken in person in cash on site, but you can also donate directly to Child's Play Charity 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week here: http://www.childsplaycharity.org/donate

Thanks for the info will definitely be donating again after the bar crawl!

• Options
    Is there a designated meeting spot yet ? I tried finding one in here, but perhaps I need more practice for the challenges to be able to find it.

• Options
    Each team will meet at their starting bar. The final list of bars and routes is still being finalized.

• Options
    The final list of bars and routes is still being finalized.
    Finally!

26904.png
  • Options
    I looked recently and some folks released a couple of team stark tickets. If your favorite house is sold out, make sure to check back regularly for released tickets!

• Options
    DevierueDevierue Registered User regular
    ((Sorry for my sudden absence, holidays+retail=please kill me. Thankfully, that is over for another year.))

Unwilling to surrender yourself into the service of a House? Hesitant to believe that the protection of a realm is worth abstaining from most of life's simplest pleasures? Follow no banner, bow to no man, yet still find yourself seeking the strength of a unified force?

Search no more: you belong among us, your fellow free folk -- they call us the Wildlings. On the night of battle, we will valiantly consume drink after drink, earning coin for our children and respect for our kind! Stand with us as we fight drink for great glory against the bannermen of self-proclaimed kings and queens!

• Options
    koleypunchkoleypunch Portland, OR/Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2014
    Yay, just got my spot and +1! Wildlings checking in!

koleypunch on
    location! location! bees!
  • Options
    koleypunch wrote: »
    Yay, just got my spot and +1! Wildlings checking in!

WOOT FELLOW WILDLING

• Options
    Don't forget, if you use Facebook, groups are up for each team so you can strategize. Or, just meet some of your fellow drinkers beforehand. Can't wait to meet everyone - it's getting closer!

This discussion has been closed.