As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:ARR] Old thread bleh, use new thread.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    ForceVoid wrote: »
    Just a tanking tip for the last boss of Hakke Manor (normal mode) - she has to follow the same rules as players do for casting some of her spells.

When she is casting her long single target spells (like Void Thunder), you can run behind her as she finishes to brick her spell. Saves you from spending an interrupt.

This is actually applicable for 'most' (I'm hesitant to say all) enemy spells. Some of the elemental sprites who do nothing but cast spells at you can be neutralised by simply running through them as they're casting. One of the bosses in Halatali normal can be totally rooted over by doing this... It's also very handy to do to the pudding boss in The Wanderer's Palace, not that it really matters much. And it's something you may want to be doing for the level 30 Conjurer class quest...

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Has it been said where we can get the character pajamas yet?

sig.gif
  • Options
    Personal chamber is coming along quite nicely now thanks to some donations of a rug and dining table...
    a699hrD.jpg

6gQ3oKy.jpg

fbRwvMU.jpg

Overall design is done, just need to fill out the furnishings and decorations...

• Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    Pajamas are a new super expensive craft: Materials come from the rare maps that drop from other maps, demimateria from desynthing 1 star items, and I think the last item comes from the highest retainer ventures.

FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    Soooooo Chocobo Stables. Ours has already hit "poor" and given that the materials for the broom to clean it are running in the 2.5M range on my server, we're starting to wonder if just demolishing it and building a new one would be more cost effective >.<

• Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    Soooooo Chocobo Stables. Ours has already hit "poor" and given that the materials for the broom to clean it are running in the 2.5M range on my server, we're starting to wonder if just demolishing it and building a new one would be more cost effective >.<
    Haha I was joking about that in our fc the other day. Stables are only 125k, makes more sense to just rebuild. Also, the tool tip makes it sound like the brooms are consumed upon use. If that's true it's a no-brainer.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Quick question; is there any way to save my HUD layout setting on the PS3? I'm getting sick of moving my EXP bar, status list, party list, and enemy list every time I open the gme.

• Options
    Greg USN wrote: »
    Haha I was joking about that in our fc the other day. Stables are only 125k, makes more sense to just rebuild. Also, the tool tip makes it sound like the brooms are consumed upon use. If that's true it's a no-brainer.

They are a consumable, but they have 20 charges, so it's almost a break even at 2.5M cost. The seeds are just stuuuuuuuuuuupidly rare on my server.

And these new shades are pretty cute, but not worth keeping at their current selling price. (1.5M)
    1sqy6to.png

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Quick question; is there any way to save my HUD layout setting on the PS3? I'm getting sick of moving my EXP bar, status list, party list, and enemy list every time I open the gme.

Should stay automatically. I know some games don't save settings unless you quit out properly, but I really don't see this being a problem on the console. . .

I personally wish there was a server side settings config that updated for whereever you choose to play (PC, PS3, etc.)

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hrm, I'm nearly out of leve allowances to grind XP for my dragoon.

Thankfully, I'm at least at a level where grinding Brayflox story mode for the Infantry gear would actually give me decent XP.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Alright. Hit level 15 Conjurer and did the (rather annoying) quest. I think it's probably time to switch back to Arcanist and continue the story. That other letter needs delivering.

I can tell I'm going to have some fun with Protect and Aero as an Arcanist.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Is there a dungeon I can run over and over from 47-49?

I just got access to Aurum Vale, but from the little reading I did on it, it doesn't seem very popular.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

I just got access to Aurum Vale, but from the little reading I did on it, it doesn't seem very popular.

It's not very popular in general however running the first room repeatedly is amazing exp and there are sometimes groups willing to do it in the party finder for just that reason. The dungeon itself is very good exp so if you can run it a few times you'll level quickly.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular

Are you sure you're looking at the right broom? There's a Magicked Stable Broom (which is used for the stable and goes for like 75k on Sargantanas) and a Magic Broom, which is an expensive minion.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

It's not very popular in general however running the first room repeatedly is amazing exp and there are sometimes groups willing to do it in the party finder for just that reason. The dungeon itself is very good exp so if you can run it a few times you'll level quickly.

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for that. I need one full clear for my GC and after that it's grind city.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    korodullin wrote: »

Are you sure you're looking at the right broom? There's a Magicked Stable Broom (which is used for the stable and goes for like 75k on Sargantanas) and a Magic Broom, which is an expensive minion.

I'm a 3star crafter, so I'm well aware of which is which. The Chocobo brooms take a Glazenut and a Broombrush to craft. Well, and Bamboo Sticks, but I'm swimming in those. (Those sell on Faerie for 75k each, broom takes 5, for comparison to your broom prices)

Glazenut seeds sell for 850k, Glazenuts themselves are currently posted for 5M. (The last that sold went for 1.3M)
    Broombrush/Broombrush Seeds don't exist at all on the MB.

There is a pet for the low, low price of 2.2M!

TL:DR version: Shit's expensive on Faerie, yo.

Ishtaar on
  • Options
    Ah, I didn't quite understand all of the mechanics behind the broom-making. Yeah, all told they're about 1.5 million on Sarg.

I don't understand the decision to tie so much new stuff in to gardening, when gardening plots are shared with everyone in the FC, rather than "instanced" on their own. I'd love to try and garden some stuff myself, but I can't because the FC has to tie up the plots cultivating stuff.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    korodullin wrote: »
    Ah, I didn't quite understand all of the mechanics behind the broom-making. Yeah, all told they're about 1.5 million on Sarg.

I don't understand the decision to tie so much new stuff in to gardening, when gardening plots are shared with everyone in the FC, rather than "instanced" on their own. I'd love to try and garden some stuff myself, but I can't because the FC has to tie up the plots cultivating stuff.

My guess is that it's in preparation for the Personal housing coming in 2.35 (2.38?) or so. I'm assuming a personal house will be able to support a garden plot and people can then garden their own stuff.

That's the theory at least

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Also, finally got something I've been wanting for months:
    ffxiv%202014-07-12%2021-07-30-34.png

500,000 seals ahoy.

ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So after a long break to do pretty much everything else, I've been logging in lately.

Nothing big, just doing fates, logs, fishing... Fishing a lot really.

Still, it reminds me that I totally love this game still.

Something about Square's MMOs just does it for me. Even just derping around. Maybe I'll actually finish the story this time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Aw, I can't Protect my Carbuncle? BS.

• Options
    Wait, one of the dudes in the Thaumaturge Guild is named Erasmus? Ha!

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Man.

The good news? Cleared Mog Ex finally.

The bad news? It was a greed party. The WHM was going for Aiming. Healing ribbon dropped, it was me and another guy, and I rolled a motherfucking 98.

And then the WHM rolled need on it and left.

Ticket sent, I hope they ban that fucker.

• Options
    Khavall wrote: »
    Man.

The bad news? It was a greed party. The WHM was going for Aiming. Healing ribbon dropped, it was me and another guy, and I rolled a motherfucking 98.

Ouch that's cold. It's the one thing I hate about greed parties :(

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Fun new item in the FC house thanks to @TNTrooper‌

onoUT8b.jpg

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Better shot with new walls to compliment it:

pcyi6GG.jpg

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    A crystal throne? Holy crap.

I need to explore the guild house. I can get there with Teleport, right?

• Options

Yup it's the Mist teleport :)

Also more fun stuff!

Sacrifice for the Immortal Flame!

p4AtKJS.jpg

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Mist was a nice choice. Nice to have beachfront property.

• Options
    Chubby BunnyChubby Bunny Regal Pocket Monster Boston, MARegistered User regular

Also more fun stuff!

p4AtKJS.jpg

Is that an emote or something? How did you snap that screen shot?

Battle.net: ChubbyBunny#1452 | Steam: Bunny1248 | Xbox Live: CBunny1

My Digital Pin Lanyard || PAX East '13, '14, '15, '19 | PAX South '15
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

There's been a few times when levelling a class to 50 and almost there where I ask myself "do I hate myself enough to push through AV for that last bit?"

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular

Also more fun stuff!

p4AtKJS.jpg

Is that an emote or something? How did you snap that screen shot?

That's a Dragoon skill I believe!

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ShimazuShimazu Registered User regular
    Hoping to get back into this game when I earn my freedom from the labor camp I am stuck in. Seems like there's a fair bit of new content which should be enough to lure the whole crew back for a while.

FFXIV - Cao Cao @ Sargatanas
  • Options
    Well, frontlines is really darn fun so I've been contemplating whether or not it's feasible or viable to go as an archer instead if as a bard. You'll lose Rain of Death and its lowered evasion debuff and obviously the various songs and brd stat boost, but can gain a lot of cross class skills. Some of the skills like Awareness would be ridiculously powerful defensively in a PvP context and Feint would be good to lower the effectiveness of anyone, including healers with the slow effect. And how does a Farshot -> Misery's End -> Mercy Stroke 'execution' chain sound?

• Options
    And now I'm a starting Thaumaturge. Why do I do this to myself with each new city

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Because you want to be cool and level everything up to 50.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Man.

I don't know if it is just me, but I never roll anything but greed...I feel guilty doing otherwise. Heck you guys ran me through Brayflox my first time I still rolled greed in case your massively over leveled behinds saw something they wanted for an alt class. Not sure how someone can be such a tool.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Greg USNGreg USN Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »
    Man.

I don't know if it is just me, but I never roll anything but greed...I feel guilty doing otherwise. Heck you guys ran me through Brayflox my first time I still rolled greed in case your massively over leveled behinds saw something they wanted for an alt class. Not sure how someone can be such a tool.

haha we wanted you to take all the things! =D my favorite part was when your controller exploded.

FFXIV Petra Ironheart
    Infinity Mog 21 and over Free Company Sargatanas Server. Recruitment currently closed.
    m1LuFkU.jpg
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Because you want to be cool and level everything up to 50.

I suppose. And having Thaumaturge Cross-Class skills will be nice.

Plus, it's cool to see how the magic guilds differ.

Is there any real difference between Physic and Cure, or any reason to use one if you have the other?

This discussion has been closed.