As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Are glue traps designed for sadistic people?

JennyCJennyC ComputerRegistered User regular
edited July 2014 in Social Entropy++
Seriously.

I don't get it.

There are traps that can either kill the animal very quickly, or trap it unharmed so it can be released elsewhere (or killed humanely). So I don't really understand why people would super glue a little animal onto a sheet of plastic, causing it horrific amounts of pain. Some people assume they just sit there calmly, but that's not true. They will try very hard to get off. Anyone who has stuck their skin on something very gluey and pulled can tell you that it hurts, only that the skin of something like a mouse is far more thinner. So given enough time and struggling, the animal can literally skin itself. They will literally break their wee little bones on these things, and can even chew their own limbs to get away (some people have reported using them with only a leg attached to the trap).

People tend to throw the trap, live mouse and all, into the trash. It's not just mice either, people use these things on birds, reptiles and other rodents as well. Now, as much as I despise these things, if someone has to use them, they should at least be responsible and put the poor animal out of its misery so it doesn't suffer. It's akin to capturing a fox or a raccoon with one of those leg-snare traps, but deliberately leaving it there to die slowly. I know poison is going to be mentioned and might be flagged as being as cruel, but is it? Sometimes that might be the only way if traps don't work at all, that's especially the case with a large number. In this situation though, the animal is already physically trapped - so why drag out its misery? It turns from the necessity of controlling pests to animal cruelty here. If the animal is caught and is not a problem, then it shouldn't be slowly tortured to death. But of course, the people who do this justify it by saying "but they're pests", "it's only a mouse", etc. Sorry, I didn't think unnecessary cruelty to animals only applied to pets.

JennyC on

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Glue is made from horses.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Payback for the plague.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Plagueback

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular

Horse meat is delicious. Especially raw.

• Options
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Yeah but it glues your mouth shut

• Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »

All meat is delicious.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    The glue trap was introduced as one of many failed attempts to "build a better mousetrap".

Turns out, the trusty old spring mousetrap is still the most humane, convenient, and clean way to lethally deal with mice.

Some folks don't like that you have to pry the spring off the dead mouse, but that's what gloves are for.

There's no way to reuse a glue trap, and if you end up with a screaming live mouse on there it's a lot more disturbing than dealing with a dead one.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    One morning I walked into my kitchen and there was a mouse trapped in a tall glass of water.

Poor thing had probably been treading water all night.

• Options
    My roommate had some dishwater set up, and came back to find a mouse corpse floating in there.

Mice: not very good fish.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Sometimes the damn plague bearing rodents are to clever for the snap traps

That's when the glue comes out. because the clever ones can not be allowed to breed, Lest we be the generation that gives birth to Cranium Rats and the horrors they serve.

Buttcleft on
  • Options
    Payback for the plague.
    Yes, let's ignore the lack of sanitation, the killing of cats and snakes because they were the "devil", and the actual reasons why plague spread so quickly in the first place (humans, esp. in the form of pneumatic plague).

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Like, totally.

Woah dude.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    JennyC wrote: »
    Payback for the plague.
    Yes, let's ignore the lack of sanitation, the killing of cats and snakes because they were the "devil", and the actual reasons why plague spread so quickly in the first place (humans, esp. in the form of pneumatic plague).

I think he was just making a joke.

• Options
    If glue is made from horses and horses are made from glue then what are jockeys made from?

• Options
    I think he was just making a joke.

I knew of a person who torched a mouse on a glue trap because it was "payback" for the plague. =(

I think last I heard of him, he was doing time for armed robbery.

• Options
    JennyC wrote: »
    Payback for the plague.
    9NzBuD5.jpg

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Well... That guy was a sociopath probably.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Bobkins are you posting from inside a jail cell?!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    One account per user.

Geth, please close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.