As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Turnabout Webcomics

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    00001378.jpg
    Annie knows how it is.

Got really misty at this.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    i-nZtz98Q-1050x10000.jpg

Penny Arcade isn't afraid to go dark.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Never mind!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    sfp-5-27-for-web.png

just, you know, finishing up the move-in

Strong Female Protagonist also posted some issue covers while they were on hiatus for a couple weeks

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Sorry Molebert, gotta run.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I love that last Phoenix Wright comic so much

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

The joke is executed to perfectly. The expressions and everything.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

The next game is about Phoenix's ancestor in the Meji Era.

I almost want them to keep up the charade of being in LA, just to see the disjoint.

why do they even do that

do they think americans won't understand that stories can take place in other countries

i mean, i understand why they might think that but it still seems like a little bit of overkill

why are the phoenix wright games so aggressively full of japanese stuff, anyway. if i write a story set in australia i don't put kangaroos in every second sentence

• ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    I'm trying to remember if they do that in all the localizations, or just the English ones.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    why do they even do that

do they think americans won't understand that stories can take place in other countries

i mean, i understand why they might think that but it still seems like a little bit of overkill

why are the phoenix wright games so aggressively full of japanese stuff, anyway. if i write a story set in australia i don't put kangaroos in every second sentence

everyone from non-australia countries does that though

broken image link
    why do they even do that

everyone from non-australia countries does that though

well they have to compensate for the tragic misfortune of not having being born australian somehow

PW games only seem aggressively full of Japanese stuff because we aren't from Japan

That stuff doesn't stand out as an unusual amount of their culture to them.

It's like how a Japanese person might watch the Exorcist and think it's overboard on the Catholic imagery. Phoenix Wright is a lawyer game with heavy ties to spiritual stuff, and for Japan, that means you get shrines and weird looking amulets. For us, it would mean you get creepy houses and preachers and possessions.

So, Ghost Trick, basically. Only no preachers in that game

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    webcomics are original sin

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    the serpent whispered moon over june into eve (ning)'s ear

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    oh, right, I forget they've realized they dislike Desmond now

aRkpc.gif
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    2014-07-10-cosmic-horror.jpg

I would feel safer with HAL 9000

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    2014-07-11-suspects.png

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    so wait, the character who is totally not ultracar but looks just like ultracar is named Carla?

god dammit willis

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    It's a different world, same characters.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I stand by my statement

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Shes totally cool chilling with the person that assualted her too. Very progressive

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Is she still a car that got turned into a person

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

Nono, this is the realistic portion of the walkyverse….

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited July 2014
    huh, according to Walkypedia, Carla is trans?

UnbrokenEva on
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    trans am

• I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular

I had to Google this because I literally did not know if you were making some kind of joke about the strip or not and holy shit, you are not, she just up and turns into a car

Other way around, actually

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I'll see you in hell crunchy, bitter extra crispy bacon

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    xTKArTQ.png

• AdvocateAdvocate Registered User regular
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    HingesPT083.jpg

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014

I had to Google this because I literally did not know if you were making some kind of joke about the strip or not and holy shit, you are not, she just up and turns into a car

In the Shortpacked/It's Walky universe, she's actually a sentient car who got put into a robot body, ie EDI from mass effect with less sex appeal.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • BosskingBossking Commander President Kingdom of CastlefortRegistered User regular
    I don't know about "less" sex appeal

Ever since she hooked up with Malaya, she's done nothing but make her squirt via robot tentacles in public places.

...guh.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Bossking wrote: »
    I don't know about "less" sex appeal

Ever since she hooked up with Malaya, she's done nothing but make her squirt via robot tentacles in public places.

...guh.

Because Malaya has a specific fetish about her comedy robot arm... that's not exactly sex appeal in the traditional sense.

But sure, whatever floats your boat man.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Squirting ain't easy

c9PXgFo.jpg
This discussion has been closed.