As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallen London] et al.: Sunless Skies is out!

• Options
    NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    edited February 2015
    I think people are getting Fallen London chat and Sunless Sea chat mixed up, might be best to specify which you mean if you have a question.

Neaden on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    So when does Time, The Healer take effect? I've been playing for about a week and no dice on Free Evenings and the like.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I got mine sometime last night while I was asleep.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I seem to have come into possession of a very rude, and very angry cat in fallen london.

I think it's hungry. I think it thinks I'm food. I would very much like to be rid of this starveling cat. But kind of don't want to just pawn it off on an aquaintance...

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Starveling Cats, if I recall, were very useful for a very purposeful quest that will be reintroduced sometime Soon (tm).

I would keep it, and seek rewards.

Also, what the hell is Warm Amber used for? I've gotten six of it from bags, and seeing as it's an equipment item you can't sell, that's a lot more than I need.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Well, I certainly hope so, since I did a little digging and the only other option I have to get rid of it involves selling my soul. That seems a tad excessive for a cat, no matter how wretched the thing is.

It's just annoying me because I would like those extra two points in persuasive back.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You can't unequip it?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited February 2015
    Just to be clear, what I am recommending regarding the Starveling Cat (using it for a certain quest) is a Very Bad Idea. Pursuing that quest, when it is reintroduced, would be objectively orders of magnitude worse than selling your soul in every conceivable way.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    You can't unequip it?
    It's not an equipable item. It's just there. In my inventory. Giving me -2 to persuasive.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    Starveling Cats, if I recall, were very useful for a very purposeful quest that will be reintroduced sometime Soon (tm).

I would keep it, and seek rewards.

Also, what the hell is Warm Amber used for? I've gotten six of it from bags, and seeing as it's an equipment item you can't sell, that's a lot more than I need.

Just got a card dealing with it. You can have interesting relations apparently.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    man, who wouldn't want to be friends with an entire species of Octodads?

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    I have slain Mt. Nomad. One step closer to completing my quest and retiring from the zee.

• Options
    Just to be clear, what I am recommending regarding the Starveling Cat (using it for a certain quest) is a Very Bad Idea. Pursuing that quest, when it is reintroduced, would be objectively orders of magnitude worse than selling your soul in every conceivable way.
    Really? I cant imagine what could be worse than selling your soul to kill a cat, but then again, this is the 'neath.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    So I just managed to unlock a Chancy Shadowy challenge that lowers suspicion on success by more than it raises on failure, and gives out 45 pence per go (which is pretty good for my sub-40 stats). So I'm now at a grind that leaves me (relatively) rolling in it and keeps my Shadowy menaces low.

The only problem is I need to be thrown in prison to advance my hunting ambition, but I'm sure I'll find a good reason to visit New Newgate later.

I also need to work on finding more about my other ambition, but I haven't found any further clues or even clues about where to find clues.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    God I love the writing in this so much.

Action titled Mock an Insufferable Poseur, and after the description text the button just says "CASTIGATE".

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Yeah, I love how even little stuff like the confirmation button or the hover text over items gets cool little descriptions.

I think two of my favorite ones so far have been

A Port Report: The Iron Republic
    A concept is a brick. It can be used to build a courthouse of reason. Or it can be thrown through the window.

Outlandish Artefact
    This belongs in a museum! Assuming that colonial-imperial appropriation for the purpose of hegemonic taxonomisation is a suitable response to the problem of intercultural contact. Which it probably is, because museums are magnificent institutions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »
    Really? I cant imagine what could be worse than selling your soul to kill a cat, but then again, this is the 'neath.

seven is the number seven is the number seven is the number of the name we must go NORTH we must go NORTH the hunger burns the well's maws open and a thousand fangs of obsidian slice but we cannot die yet we must drown we must drown before we die seven is the number

a reckoning cannot be postponed indefinitely

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options

seven is the number seven is the number seven is the number of the name we must go NORTH we must go NORTH the hunger burns the well's maws open and a thousand fangs of obsidian slice but we cannot die yet we must drown we must drown before we die seven is the number

a reckoning cannot be postponed indefinitely
    Oh yeah. That. yeah, the cat killing is part of that one. I'm kinda interested in this line of quests just because that's going into really eldrich territory.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Seeing some Fallen London quest lines after going through a good chunk of Sunless Sea is amusing.

"North? I've been there. Not much there. Literally."

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I had a FL account but kinda stopped checking in a couple months ago when it got kinda grindy. Might be worth a revisit with some actual contacts though

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ramirez

Feel free to send me all the things.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    How do you get a second ambition in Fallen London? I didn't even know that was possible.

• Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I got mine sometime last night while I was asleep.

Figured it out. I needed to actually log out overnight to get them. I had been leaving it open in my browser before falling asleep so it thought I was active and didn't give me a free evening!

I love this game more and more.

User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    Calica wrote: »
    How do you get a second ambition in Fallen London? I didn't even know that was possible.

Searching.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Supposedly a Sunless Sea update today that allows you to build your own island kingdom.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I hit a point fairly quickly in Fallen London where it feels like the only substantial actions I can take come from cards.

Also I need three more masquing to get the companion I want and this damn festival is being uncooperative.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Seeing some Fallen London quest lines after going through a good chunk of Sunless Sea is amusing.

"North? I've been there. Not much there. Literally."

you've been north. maybe even North. but you haven't been NORTH.

also the second stage of the feast is here - look for two new cards to cash in masquing items and get new companions

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    How does this work exactly? I arrange something? I perhaps noted and lost the card.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Drat, the companion I really want is 100 masquing. That's never gonna happen. I guess i'll be happy with my badass pirate poet lady.

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I picked up a Ghostly Presence for 10 masquing.
    Spoooky.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I picked up a Ghostly Presence for 10 masquing.
    Spoooky.

This is the one I really want but I'm only at 7 masquing and the game is not cooperating with me to get any more

• Options
    I've picked up the Canny Costermonger for myself and then realized...I have better companions anyway! So I would love to get some of the bigger ones, but 100 masquing isn't happening.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Wait, how do you trade masquing for stuff?

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Cards. They should be frequent enough that you'll get at least one or two.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    The vocabulary in this game is awesome. I'll have to start using squiffily and lascivious.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

I've gotten cards that let me participate in the event but they have a lot of different options. What should I be choosing in order to redeem my masquing for more persistent rewards?

• Options

I've gotten cards that let me participate in the event but they have a lot of different options. What should I be choosing in order to redeem my masquing for more persistent rewards?
    None of the cards you've gotten before do that. It's a card where the ONLY options are to spend the masquing.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Okay, I'll keep an eye out for that.

• Options
    Ok the 10 masquing companion I just got is pretty great, i'm a bit less sad about not being able to get the more expensive ones now.

• Options
    The only thing I'm sad about is that only one 10 masquing companion (the Watchful+Persuasive one) is actually useful for me. The other ones don't increase Dangerous by more than +6 (my Mandrake), Shadowy by more than +5 (a companion I bought with echoes), or Persuasive more than the +5 the new diplomat gives me. So instead I just bought three 3 masquing companions for my collection and for fine-tuning stats (and also because the Urchin card is adorable)

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I feel like Fallen London and Sunless Sea should have separate threads. The games share a universe but almost no gameplay elements, and it gets confusing.

This discussion has been closed.