As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallen London] et al.: Sunless Skies is out!

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    So apparently they've continued the Dilmun Club story. Just pulled a card from them that sends me to the next coil of the labyrinth. Hopefully they give me a chance to switch patrons soon, I had immediate buyer's remorse when I went with the implacable detective.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    I have a pile of confessions from Bishop of St. Fiacre's, the Cheery Man, and the Ambitious Barrister. Anybody want/need some? I'll trade for any other excess confession you have. (Mayabird in FL).

Mayabird on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    So apparently they've continued the Dilmun Club story. Just pulled a card from them that sends me to the next coil of the labyrinth. Hopefully they give me a chance to switch patrons soon, I had immediate buyer's remorse when I went with the implacable detective.

Hah, I chose her too and was also a bit hmmmmm upon reading what she had to say. Who were the other options? His Amused Lordship, of course, but...was it the Bishop of St. Fiacre's?

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I've got amused lordship confessions to spare, wouldn't mind trading them for curate or contrarian if anyone's willing

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Oh my god there are confessions for the lordship, contrarian, and curate?

I have been getting nothing but the fucking Cheery Man over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

• Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    If I understand correctly, today is the first day these second tier confessions are available. We should get a couple more chances over the next few days to grab them from furnaces and hopefully not get another goddamn Cheery Man seriously dude how many people did you kill?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    If I understand correctly, today is the first day these second tier confessions are available. We should get a couple more chances over the next few days to grab them from furnaces and hopefully not get another goddamn Cheery Man seriously dude how many people did you kill?

if his career ascent was anything like my character's

a lot

• Options
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

Hah, I chose her too and was also a bit hmmmmm upon reading what she had to say. Who were the other options? His Amused Lordship, of course, but...was it the Bishop of St. Fiacre's?

I wanna say the jovial contrarian, but I'm probably wrong. It's been way too long.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I think my character has the edge on total kills fyi hth

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    I, uh, kinda went with an overly goofy name on my FL character and was kinda embarrassed, which is why I haven't asked to become acquainted with anyone on here yet, but I want to participate in Hallowmas and I need to be able to take some wounds to reach into the furnaces.

So, add me please! I'm Ramsés Xavier Bernal.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    For Fallen London? That name choice is kinda perfect.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    For Fallen London? That name choice is kinda perfect.

If anything, it needs more ostentation. Something like "Ramses Xavier Bernal of the Lancaster Bernals."

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    And yet only one of you jerks has added me.

• Options
    I should clear out my contacts. Most of them are from when [chat] was on a Fallen London kick, so most of them are never used anymore.

• Options
    Gotta send out those calling cards people! I'm sure we all wanna be a paramount presence eventually, and it's probably the easiest way to meet one of the requirements. I should go through my contacts and see if I have any that aren't already acquaintances.

• Options
    I keep forgetting to send a card. Feel free to add me at http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Winter IV

Been spending all of my time grinding notability to turn in for confessions. Finally cashed in eight points today and thank the false stars got an Amused Lordship confession and not one of the plentiful ones.

On top of that, his confession is actually interesting and deals with the part of the game we do not talk about.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I now have 4 ministerial tigers

now just gotta get a Curate's confession and I'll have all the new companions I want

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    What the heck is a ministerial tiger?

• Options
    a tiger that's also a minister, obviously

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    What the heck is a ministerial tiger?

probably a tiger from Port Carnelian

they run things down there, or something

• Options
    I have 5 fucking Cheery Man confessions. I take it there's not much demand for them? I'm still relatively new to the game, so I don't know if I should try for the lance or what.

• Options
    The lance is definitely what I'm going for. It's +20 dangerous!

It needs 60 of Feducci's Favor, though, and each of the week 1 confessions is only worth 4 apiece, and the week 2 confessions are worth 6 apiece. If those 5 Cheery Man confessions are all you have, the lance will be hard climb unless you have notability to burn or don't mind spending a bit of cash on FATE. For myself, I've turned in every confession I have and I've clawed my way to 46 favor. That should be *juuust* enough to get me to 60 by November 7th assuming I can snag one more week 2 confession. If it's not, I'll drop some money on 15 FATE to buy one last confession to make up the difference.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    As much as I hate the bandaged b____d, I think I am going to go for the Lance as well.

If my math is right I should be able to get the Lance and one of the companions (most likely the angry bat) with what I have.

Possibly more if we get additional confessions for free. I have managed to get three extra confessions by cashing in a ridiculous 24 levels of notability so that helps a bit.

Edit: Since I am going to be turning in most of my week 1 confessions, please feel free to hit me up if you need a Cheery Man, barrister, privy councillor, or Bishop. Happy to trade these if anyone needs them for something.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    Oh, I've also got 2 Bishop of St. Fiacre's and 2 Ambitious Barrister confessions. I assume His Amused Lordship is the only week 2 confession I've received. I'll probably end up turning in the lot for the lance, so I'm happy to trade.

I'm still waiting for another Visitor's card so I can change my destiny, but I've only come across two since the event started. All I need is 5 Nightmares and 5 Making Waves, then wait for it to show up in the deck, right?

• Options
    edited November 2017
    It is done.

Successfully able to collect the Lance, the Bat, the Weasel, and help Lydia find peace.

Overall, a successful Hallowmas I say.

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    I will be 6 Feducci favor away from the Lance if I turn in all my confessions. It seems the free ones are over? I guess I'll have to buy some Fate.

• Options
    If you happen to have a Bishop favor left over, you can go to Ladybones Road (today only) and trade it for a Week 2 confession.

There will most likely be the same sort of thing tomorrow with the Cheery Man or Barrister.

• Options
    They've already done the Barrister, so I assume Cheery Man is next. If I trade in those 3, I'll have exactly enough for the Lance.

• Options
    I'm finding the Injurious Princess's war game quite interesting as a look into the Presbyterate

• Options
    Hrm, it's giving me a lot of opportunities to back down from making a gang. Is there any reason I'd want to not make one?

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    Hrm, it's giving me a lot of opportunities to back down from making a gang. Is there any reason I'd want to not make one?

That kind of weirded me out, especially because I was a bit reluctant from an RP perspective, but I went ahead and got the gang (I rationalize it as: I always thought of my dude as a spy, obviously this is his little spy network) and having the gang has never been a problem or locked me out of anything

• Options
    Thanks. Also, anyone got the Light Fingers ambition? This opportunity card came up:
    1k0kjii0gq5a.png

• Options
    I think Cas Eddy does. He'll log in if you ask

• Options
    I also have the Light Fingers ambition but I don't know if you need to be at a certain point in the ambition or anything for that

• Options
    Doesn't light fingers have an end now? You should finish it up!

(I am sure it is ridiculously expensive and time consuming)

• Options
    edited November 2017
    So I sent that last card to Orphane, and now I've got one that I need someone with the bag a legend ambition for.

cB557 on
  • Options
    AersienAersien Registered User regular
    I'm bagging a legend (as Tyrconnell). Light Fingers doesn't have an ending; the latest update just caught it up with the other ambitions, one update short of completion. Or so they claim.

In other news, I'm following in Milski's footsteps and the footsteps of false saints. Working on candle number one. Hallowmass has already taught me that the 12 Notability grind is going to be awful, but then this whole process is pretty miserable. Might just have to wait for the next opportunity for a destiny when I have enough SMEN. August, I think.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Aersien wrote: »
    I'm bagging a legend (as Tyrconnell). Light Fingers doesn't have an ending; the latest update just caught it up with the other ambitions, one update short of completion. Or so they claim.

In other news, I'm following in Milski's footsteps and the footsteps of false saints. Working on candle number one. Hallowmass has already taught me that the 12 Notability grind is going to be awful, but then this whole process is pretty miserable. Might just have to wait for the next opportunity for a destiny when I have enough SMEN. August, I think.

NO

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Aersien wrote: »
    I'm bagging a legend (as Tyrconnell).
    Sent.

• Options
    Okay seems like these opportunity cards to interview people about their ambitions come up really often when you have a newspaper so expect to be seeing a lot of invitations from me for those I guess.

This discussion has been closed.