As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallen London] et al.: Sunless Skies is out!

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    zpxfdva.png

oh

• Options
    edited August 2018
    yH2JXeD.png

nPJp7EC.png

em5aJY8.png

10/10 game of the year (the portrait of the dog isn't that big normally, it enlarges when you mouse over, but i love the perspective on it)

Orphane on
  • Options
    nnnnnope

sw9iOc5.png

• Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Answers to the mysteries have been revealed! Some were obvious, some were obscure, and some are still absolutely boggling.

I still don't understand how or why Mt. Nomad opened the mirrors. Or what the implacable detective was doing with the key.

http://www.failbettergames.com/the-mysteries-revealed-again/

Also I am one coin away from the highest tier reward. No, I am not upset. Not upset at all.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Fruits of the Zee is back again with a few sentences of new content if that's your thing.
    How hard is it to make even one new item?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    OjXeN13.jpg

Oh...

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is that part of seeking and if so do you have a calling card and if so can I have it when you are done with it?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    It is, I do, you may. Give it a week.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Sunless Sea got released on PS4 last week and I've diving back into it. Got my zub, new house in London and an ironclad will. Now I just need to finally get a new ship that isn't so sloooooow

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    Blast, wish I hadn't zeroed out my supplies after the change to docks favors.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh that's too bad, I would have liked to try those out...before......

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    The site's got a bit of a redesign now. New look, feels like it runs a bit faster, and your qualities and inventory now have search functions.

• Options
    @Hobnail I don’t suppose you still have that calling card?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Apparently I can't raise my Notability beyond 15.

So how the hell am I supposed to get my Persuasiveness high enough to become a Poet-Laureate? I had done the math ages ago and realized I had to get my Notability up to 21 in order to convert it and get my Persuasiveness high enough to complete the last few levels of that, even with as much stat-boosting equipment on as possible and the Omen card in play.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Apparently I can't raise my Notability beyond 15.

So how the hell am I supposed to get my Persuasiveness high enough to become a Poet-Laureate? I had done the math ages ago and realized I had to get my Notability up to 21 in order to convert it and get my Persuasiveness high enough to complete the last few levels of that, even with as much stat-boosting equipment on as possible and the Omen card in play.

@DarkPrimus you've got to get Mood cards to come out to get those last few bumps. (This is also the case for raising your Scholar of the Correspondence at the University.)

There are a few tricks you can use to speed this along:

- go to parties. it doubles your deck size when you arrive and doubles it again when you leave. So if you draw a party card, wait to play it till your deck is down to 5 cards, that way you can attend, draw a hand at the party, play through the party with that one hand, and then return home with a full deck.
    - Sinning Jenny's School (available in the Empress' Shadow story, if you don't have it already) and (I believe) Flash Lays refresh your deck completely when you're done. So you're trading actions (11 actions for the school) for deck refreshes. I had days where I just mowed through the school over and over again to get those draws. The nice thing is, with the school, you'll be earning Favours while you do it.

• Options
    Sorry, when I mentioned the Omen card, I meant the Mood card.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    You must have done your math wrong then, or missed some of the best in slot persuasive items. Did you factor in the transportation and home comfort slots? There are +8 items you can get for each.

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    You must have done your math wrong then, or missed some of the best in slot persuasive items. Did you factor in the transportation and home comfort slots? There are +8 items you can get for each.

I guess there's some items I haven't gotten yet, then. I don't think I have the best-in-slot for everything, but I'm not sure how to go about obtaining those, especially if I can't access anything locked behind Fate.

• Options

I guess there's some items I haven't gotten yet, then. I don't think I have the best-in-slot for everything, but I'm not sure how to go about obtaining those, especially if I can't access anything locked behind Fate.

Nah nothing fate locked required. You will have to finish a few 40 renown grinds though. Fortunately all the BiS clothes are store bought, takes a bit of the edge off.

• Options
    edited October 2018

Nah nothing fate locked required. You will have to finish a few 40 renown grinds though. Fortunately all the BiS clothes are store bought, takes a bit of the edge off.

I have the BiS for everything according to this wiki page but I'm still 10 Persuasive too low even with the card slot.

EDIT: The transportation and home items, I don't know if i have BiS, since they aren't bought in-store.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options

I have the BiS for everything according to this wiki page but I'm still 10 Persuasive too low even with the card slot.

EDIT: The transportation and home items, I don't know if i have BiS, since they aren't bought in-store.

Yeah, that wiki is quite out of date. BiS Weapon and companion are +10. This one is up to date, and has links you can follow for every item to find the source.

• Options
    That wiki has a larger list, but when I click on the the link for sources it doesn't seem to actually provide any?

• Options
    It doesn't say 'go here and do this,' but it should link to the action that awards the item, which should list the requirements to complete said action, and a link to the storylet that the action appears in. It's wonky ass formatting for sure, but it kinda works eventually. Like, if you click the unexploded mine, it lists the source as the action find and collect the mine, which states the requirements as 40 docks renown, 7 docks favors, and troubled water 8, and near the top it tells you that the action is from the storylet the admiralty's error, and the loctaion of the storylet is on that page. It requires a bit of backtracking to get all the relevant info, but it's there. There probably exists a nicer formatted list somewhere, but I'm too lazy to go looking for it.

• Options
    so i actually finished the Song of the Sky in Sunless Skies without having ever visited Eleutheria

which seems hmm but on the other hand my next captain inherited my fully tricked out Moloch Liner as well as 11 levels and a bunch of other shit

so i guess that's a lot more generous from captain to captain compared to Sunless Sea

• Options
    Hey, does anyone have a Confession of Curiosity I can trade them for?

I am able to trade a Confession of Whimsy, Guile, or Impropriety for it.

• Options
    I have one of those. Happy to trade it away for whatever you need the least. I already got the mayor weapon, upgraded scutters, the judge, and a kitty. Anything else is just gravy.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Winter IV

• Options
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    I have one of those. Happy to trade it away for whatever you need the least. I already got the mayor weapon, upgraded scutters, the judge, and a kitty. Anything else is just gravy.

https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Winter IV

Awesome, I've made a trade request.

• Options
    I think I'm giving up on going north. The notability grind is too much for me. I had hoped to get that candle at hallomas but couldn't find anyone. Still haven't been able to get someone to send me a calling card. I hate notability.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    To be honest, finishing my trip north sort of killed the game for me. The game changed from an every day thing for me to only paying attention on holidays ages idly spending 5 actions on cheap wine collecting.

Still halfway to paramount presence and halfway to cider. May never get the gumption to complete those two things.

• Options
    Did anyone journal the solving of the halloween mystery of where the Rosers went? I missed the window and never saw it.

I assume the answer is just Parabola. It normally is.

• Options
    Sunless Sea has a good soundtrack. Wish I didn't get bunch of minor visual bugs whenever I play it.

• Options
    Advent calendar is up.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    cB557 wrote: »
    Advent calendar is up.

well, snap. guess i need to start playing again

• Options
    Let me know if there is notability 12 behind a window.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    So, who all is on often enough to benefit from christmas cards?

• Options
    I've got one acquaintance on often currently, so I do have someone to send the cards to, but it still feels weird to spend them all on one person. If anyone else has been getting on, do tell.

• Options
    I am around, but wouldn't get much benefit. I just idly log on for the xmas rewards and burn all my actions for echoes. Currently collecting souls because why not?

• Options
    Was there anything interesting in the advent calendar?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Nothing purely unique and no new lore as far as I am aware.

Judgement Egg was yesterday. There was some captivating princess rep boost in an earlier door which was odd. Maybe just a promo for sunless skies?

This discussion has been closed.