As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallen London] et al.: Sunless Skies is out!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm in the middle of the Fate locked Gallery of Serpents expedition. The rival seems to be pretty much unbeatable on this? I even stopped the expedition for weeks to build up my shadowy when a sabotage opportunity came up but otherwise he's making progress every single time and I can't see it being physically possible to get to 40 before he hits 10. Am I missing something or just being really unlucky?

I don't recall having much difficulty with that one, so I'm going to hazard a guess that you're just unlucky

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Alright, just remembered to back sunless sky, right before it stopped taking backers.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    I'm in the middle of the Fate locked Gallery of Serpents expedition. The rival seems to be pretty much unbeatable on this? I even stopped the expedition for weeks to build up my shadowy when a sabotage opportunity came up but otherwise he's making progress every single time and I can't see it being physically possible to get to 40 before he hits 10. Am I missing something or just being really unlucky?

Yeah, the rival caught me on that one, but I won the confrontation (which required Shadowy IIRC). You might actually be fine.

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    This is most definitely not chat

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    I gathered all the Strong-Backed Labour and Bejewelled Lens required for a Zubmarine

now to do Wilmot's End/War of Assassins 16 more times for Whirring Contraptions!

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    yeah I'm doing Wilmot's End (because I have Persuasive) to get the Use of Villains for my Gang of Hoodlums (so I can do heists efficiently to raise Shadowy)

I have... a great many actions left to go

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Orphane wrote: »
    I gathered all the Strong-Backed Labour and Bejewelled Lens required for a Zubmarine

now to do Wilmot's End/War of Assassins 16 more times for Whirring Contraptions!

RIP your sanity

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    At least the submarine is something you constantly progress towards. The yacht is pursuit of insanity.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    The yacht's not that bad. You don't lose anything hard to replace if you fail the luck challenge.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I found the bribes insanely hard to get.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    I need to go to prison!

More importantly, I need to meet a very important individual who is currently locked up. Because of this, I am happy to take suspicion off of anyone who might need it. Feel free to send me a request to throw the Constables off your trail. I will accept all that I can!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Winter IV

If I don't get enough suspicion by tomorrow afternoon I will most likely just babble about the correspondence to the anarchists until someone arrests me. Ah well.

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    @Jacobkosh I think I duelled feducci again for my rostygold. It takes forever to get a safe amount of running battle but he gives you 4K if you win

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Stupid crew...
    Finally managed to upgrade my engine and my gun and was feeling pretty good, and the ungrateful bastards up and mutiny on me.
    Fine, I got half of them killed because I was curious about what's north, and lost our supplies at the same time, then got my navigator killed when he wanted a closer look at the ice castle...

But come on guys, we were going back to London across a huge swath of unexplored unknown inky black death infested zea. You could have asked me to turn on some lights, and stop hiding under the bunks while whispering sweet insanities into the darkness, and occasionally light a match after I use the head. I would have eaten the bats too, eventually, after we ate Fat Jimmy. Don't give me that look Jimmy, you knew it was coming.

• Options
    MoosehatIV wrote: »
    I need to go to prison!

More importantly, I need to meet a very important individual who is currently locked up. Because of this, I am happy to take suspicion off of anyone who might need it. Feel free to send me a request to throw the Constables off your trail. I will accept all that I can!

If I don't get enough suspicion by tomorrow afternoon I will most likely just babble about the correspondence to the anarchists until someone arrests me. Ah well.

I sent you a few requests, I have been robbing the shit out of my lawyers and for some reason the fuzz is onto me

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

Ah, I forgot you lost a bribe too. That actually is a pain in the ass. I thought it was just the amber for some reason.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Stupid crew...
    Finally managed to upgrade my engine and my gun and was feeling pretty good, and the ungrateful bastards up and mutiny on me.
    Fine, I got half of them killed because I was curious about what's north, and lost our supplies at the same time, then got my navigator killed when he wanted a closer look at the ice castle...

But come on guys, we were going back to London across a huge swath of unexplored unknown inky black death infested zea. You could have asked me to turn on some lights, and stop hiding under the bunks while whispering sweet insanities into the darkness, and occasionally light a match after I use the head. I would have eaten the bats too, eventually, after we ate Fat Jimmy. Don't give me that look Jimmy, you knew it was coming.

I fucking love the instance where
    a giant tentacle slithers into your boat and gently takes away one of your zailors

And you're so insane you're not sure if it happened or maybe he just fell off or maybe you pushed him off no that can't be right

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »

Ah, I forgot you lost a bribe too. That actually is a pain in the ass. I thought it was just the amber for some reason.

If I recall correctly, there is a card that locks a bit over 100 shadowy that gives them as a rare success. By the time I wanted the yacht though I was at 200 shadowy and didn't feel like killing my stats to chase it. Good Cards locking is annoying.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Looks like Sunless Sea is hitting iPad on the 23rd or so. I approve of this development. I simply CANNOT be worse at it than I am at FTL.

dporowski on
  • Options
    I have decided to betray someone who trusted me.

This may not end well.

• Options
    I need to go to prison!

I sent you a few requests, I have been robbing the shit out of my lawyers and for some reason the fuzz is onto me

Not enough! Only at a high four suspicion. Help me ruin my good name!

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I need to go to prison!

You know, you could just try to rob the Brass Embassy and deliberately fail. It'll get you there a bit quicker, I wager

Less outward hassle, I hear, albeit with a loss of Hell connections

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Also if you can stomach the hell connection loss, I believe you skip the part where your criminal record gets worse.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I need to go to prison!

I've sent a few as well!

• Options
    edited March 2017
    By the way, I don't remember that storylet, is it before or after POSI?

Edit: the go back to prison one

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular

Would've been before, since making those four acquaintances is part of becoming a POSI

• Options
    edited March 2017
    mrpaku wrote: »

Would've been before, since making those four acquaintances is part of becoming a POSI

Ah, there you go. I'm kind of getting the inkling that I'd want to make an alt just to experience all the pre-POSI stuff again, then send him off to Seeking

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I need to go to prison!

You know, you could just try to rob the Brass Embassy and deliberately fail. It'll get you there a bit quicker, I wager

I have been down that road before and I while I am very much plotting against the devils, I would rather not lose all my connection to them again.

Honestly the criminal record isn't all that bad. I haven't even been close to going to prison in quite awhile as suspicion is fairly easy to manage one you are full blown posi.

Oh, and the storylet I am going for is the reward for forty criminal renown. The turn in location for the reward is sneakily hidden behind bars.

PS: in prison now! Thanks chummers!

MoosehatIV on
  • Options
    I'm not sure how I got it but I somehow have 2 Fate now. I didn't buy it, I know that much

• Options
    Certain early non repeatable stories rewarded fate. I think you can get up to 20 if you take the right ambition.
    There was a repeatable one but they removed it.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I need to go to prison!

I have been down that road before and I while I am very much plotting against the devils, I would rather not lose all my connection to them again.

Honestly the criminal record isn't all that bad. I haven't even been close to going to prison in quite awhile as suspicion is fairly easy to manage one you are full blown posi.

Oh, and the storylet I am going for is the reward for forty criminal renown. The turn in location for the reward is sneakily hidden behind bars.

how do you remove suspicision as a POSI?

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I need to go to prison!

how do you remove suspicision as a POSI?

social actions mostly

• Options
    Mostly I drop my suspicion with a bunch of opportunity cards:
    1. Dazed Raven - Ask it for Advice
    2. God's Editors - A night of work
    3. A day of good deeds, or whatever the card is called.
    4. I believe the Soul Trade Shepard of Souls card drops it as well?

And then in emergency situations, just go to Spite and use the Confound the Constables card when it appears while gathering weasels.

And with that I am already back out of prison! It has taken over a year in Fallen London but I finally no longer use the Scuttering Squad in any of my outfits. All it took was a ridiculous amount of criminal favors, a tiger, and a goddamn overgoat.

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

If I recall correctly, there is a card that locks a bit over 100 shadowy that gives them as a rare success. By the time I wanted the yacht though I was at 200 shadowy and didn't feel like killing my stats to chase it. Good Cards locking is annoying.

I think you're a bit too concerned with "good cards." None of the ultra-rare success to get a POSI item cards were significantly more efficient than just grinding out the items, especially given cards were rare. Likewise, your dislike of e.g. the gymnasium card is a bit silly; it either rewards an efficient amount of money per action or a very efficient amount of dangerous per action.

About the only time deck manipulation is super relevant is either trying to rush through a story that requires card draw, or trying to grind out certifiable scraps.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    On top of the options Moosehat mentioned, joining the Parnthanaeum also brings an option on the card to speak to the chief constable, which I wanna say is good for a level drop in suspicion

Edit- Or instant ablution absolution, if you've been sitting around for three days and not a single, solitary one of those cards has shown up, and you need to rob the brass embassy before going to zee for the week

mrpaku on
  • Options
    milski wrote: »

I think you're a bit too concerned with "good cards." None of the ultra-rare success to get a POSI item cards were significantly more efficient than just grinding out the items, especially given cards were rare. Likewise, your dislike of e.g. the gymnasium card is a bit silly; it either rewards an efficient amount of money per action or a very efficient amount of dangerous per action.

About the only time deck manipulation is super relevant is either trying to rush through a story that requires card draw, or trying to grind out certifiable scraps.

I was bored while grinding for the Ubergoat, looked into being efficient. When you are on a long grind it helps. At the moment my deck is irrelevant because I have 4 eyeless skull cards heh.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    4. I believe the Soul Trade Shepard of Souls card drops it as well?

It takes everything down to 0 (except I guess exotic stuff like Irrigo etc). It's great. I can't recommend it enough.

For efficiency's sake, since it's a ~40 action grind to acquire the items, I tend to wait until as many menaces are as high as I can get them before firing it. It's super duper saved my bacon on multiple occasions now, though.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Glad I didn't spend 5k damn rats on the Labyrinth route.

Now, for an Ocelot...

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    Hmm

The wiki led me to believe the Labyrinth had POSI-relevant content

But if I had dug a little deeper, I would've seen that the content I'm after is Fate-locked

Damn

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    *cough, cough*

learn from... my mistakes, dporowski

earn... this...

*literally dies of Fate-lockedness*

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    AersienAersien Registered User regular
    There's a fair amount of non-Fate Labyrinth content. But yeah, the interesting stuff mostly requires Fate. Including the Ocelot.

This discussion has been closed.