As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fallen London] et al.: Sunless Skies is out!

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    There are no lions in this Tomb Colony! None! Nyet! Nada!

I have all the Tomb Colonies favours I can carry, I am building up a massive stock of second chances, my scandal is long gone. Still bereft of large bandaged felines.

Such a waste of actions. My full candle taunts me.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    @Caulk Bite 6 if you want, since we're basically both doing the same thing, we can exchange Sudden Insight and Nightmare clearing actions? I've been using my alt for it (1x Sudden Insight, 4x Nightmares from Main, 1xNightmares from Alt, Repeat) the last few days, but we could basically just throw stuff back and forth if you would rather do that.

It's technically more efficient than doing it with my alt since my alt then has to spend the extra sudden insights

Hoorah! The tried and true method of moaning on the internet worked again. I'd been there two days!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    @Caulk Bite 6 if you want, since we're basically both doing the same thing, we can exchange Sudden Insight and Nightmare clearing actions? I've been using my alt for it (1x Sudden Insight, 4x Nightmares from Main, 1xNightmares from Alt, Repeat) the last few days, but we could basically just throw stuff back and forth if you would rather do that.

It's technically more efficient than doing it with my alt since my alt then has to spend the extra sudden insights

I'm not quite sure how that works, but sure

jnij103vqi2i.png
    "Caulk Bite 6" if you want, since we're basically both doing the same thing, we can exchange Sudden Insight and Nightmare clearing actions? I've been using my alt for it (1x Sudden Insight, 4x Nightmares from Main, 1xNightmares from Alt, Repeat) the last few days, but we could basically just throw stuff back and forth if you would rather do that.

I'm not quite sure how that works, but sure

I mean, just feel free to send me Sudden Insight and Nightmares actions, as long as you're good with me sending the same to you. We're both doing heavy Nightmare actions, but since removing Nightmares clears 4 from you in exchange for giving one to your friend, it's still advantageous.

Also, what's your in-game name? I know we're friended because of the Feast stuff, but I don't remember which of these is you.

• Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Well, I just sent you an invite to see a play, that I think gives a sudden insight or two.

Edit: game name is James Ghent

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    Well, I just sent you an invite to see a play, that I think gives a sudden insight or two.

Edit: game name is James Ghent

Hmm... it did not. It increased Nightmares instead.

I sent you a few chess game invites, that should get you some Sudden Insights to start clearing Nightmares with

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    After getting cornered in the Cave of the Nadir with nothing but trash cards, I managed to find three bottles of Airag, in a ROW, before needing to leave

Definitely makes up for the Portly Sommelier not managing to get off his ass this week

Correspondent's Pay:

4EKmdx8.png

hmm, not bad. almost 70E, though nothing that is super rare

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Antique Mystery are useful for acquiring lodgings at the Royal Bethlehem, if you haven't done that yet

Maddoc wrote: »
    Antique Mystery are useful for acquiring lodgings at the Royal Bethlehem, if you haven't done that yet

I don't have a 4-card lodging yet, no, but I'm more of a Brass Embassy Si-, er, Mad-, er, yes...

Maddoc wrote: »

I don't have a 4-card lodging yet, no, but I'm more of a Brass Embassy Si-, er, Mad-, er, yes...

It's a good in between. You can acquire both

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Do any of the professions really pay you super rare stuff? I've had a few and it's all been stuff that's been nice to have but not like, GAME-CHANGING (unless it happened to be something I specfically needed at that moment in time).

rRwz9.gif
    I mean, I was able to become an Author before I was a POSI and the Cellars of Wine were hella useful at the time.

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    I mean, I was able to become an Author before I was a POSI and the Cellars of Wine were hella useful at the time.

Blackmail was my main source of echoes for a long, long time

And I built up enough Night on the Town's to bring the party home to my smoky flophouse and give my Making Waves a massive shot in the arm basically whenever I need it

mrpaku on
    So I got ridiculously lucky and got all 6 Eyeless Skulls I needed from Seeking Curious in like 3 days, so now I can go to the Cave of the Nadir.

Cool!

So the Nadir is card-based right? Should I wait until I have 10 cards in my deck before I go in? I didn't think about that until after I went through my deck completely.

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    So I got ridiculously lucky and got all 6 Eyeless Skulls I needed from Seeking Curious in like 3 days, so now I can go to the Cave of the Nadir.

Cool!

So the Nadir is card-based right? Should I wait until I have 10 cards in my deck before I go in? I didn't think about that until after I went through my deck completely.

Unless you go in with no cards in your inventory and 20 (40) actions, it's not like it really matters. Though yeah, going in without cards pretty much means you're going in to wait for your deck to replenish.

Unless I'm completely incorrect and it gives you an infinite deck like a lot of side areas do; I can't remember. But that's the Nadir, after all.

I ate an engineer
    milski wrote: »

Cool!

Unless you go in with no cards in your inventory and 20 (40) actions, it's not like it really matters. Though yeah, going in without cards pretty much means you're going in to wait for your deck to replenish.

Unless I'm completely incorrect and it gives you an infinite deck like a lot of side areas do; I can't remember. But that's the Nadir, after all.

yeah I had 30 actions and 0 cards. I logged in and went through my entire deck and then like, "well fuck"

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Cool!

Yeah, you'll want a full deck and the largest lodgings you have before you go in. However, keep in mind that getting irrigo beyond 5 will do horrible things to your stats, and 10 kicks you out automatically. I'd strongly recommend hitting up the wiki to avoid getting super shafted, a bunch of the cards are pretty useless.

• AersienAersien Registered User regular
    Going to the Nadir, or most (all?) other places with their own decks, doubles the number of cards in your deck. So optimally you want to leave London with 5 cards. Returning to London from such places, definitely including the Nadir, parties, and heists will also at least double and sometimes triple the number of cards in your deck, so if you can it's also best to wait until you have a few unused cards ready before you leave.

I've been visiting the Cave of the Nadir weekly for a few weeks and so far it's mostly just cost me stats. I've gotten a couple of pints of dramatic tension and one bottle of airag. Otherwise I've just been unlucky. I love seeing the results of cards and how weird the place is, but I'm paying for that privilege.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Also, don't perhaps not if the nadir tells you to get out unless you really hate your stats.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    Also, don't perhaps not if the nadir tells you to get out unless you really hate your stats.

what

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »

what

Don't hit the "Perhaps not..." button when the Nadir says "you should leave now!"

ok, see, that makes sense.

I don't remember getting a like "you should leave now" thing. Does that pop up if you get to 9 or something? I left at (I think) 7 because I was out of good cards and I'd upgraded everything I'd brought.

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I could use some help with Nightmares.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    cB557 wrote: »

send me as many as you need to

rRwz9.gif
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    so I am at sea and need to complete a scientific expedition to continue my ambition but I completely forgot where I'm supposed to go for that

also the cliffs im at give me 65 light beetles for 5 actions and given that I've never had more than like 100 beetles at a time I've been harvesting the shit out of them. hoping to get 2-3k before I depart or my wounds get too high.

Jacobkosh wrote: »

Thanks, sent five. Been a while since I used this option, don't really remember how much of a decrease it gives. Hopefully five will be enough.

so I am at sea and need to complete a scientific expedition to continue my ambition but I completely forgot where I'm supposed to go for that

also the cliffs im at give me 65 light beetles for 5 actions and given that I've never had more than like 100 beetles at a time I've been harvesting the shit out of them. hoping to get 2-3k before I depart or my wounds get too high.

@Casual Eddy you need to go to Bullbone Island and Corpsecage Island in the Southern Archipelago, and Grunting Fen in the Sea of Voices.

When you show up at the island you get a quality called "Orthos is Coming!!" Every action increases it, and at 10 he shows up and you start to be in danger of him stealing your research. So you only have a limited amount of time to do things. Each island always has a pair of options on it, like "study the inscriptions" and "dig for relics", and one of the pair always gives you some pages of research and the other gives more tangible rewards like Fourth City relics.

I don't know how often you can go on scientific voyages or if you can even do them again (I didn't read the wiki), so I opted to just go for as much research as possible, and I am glad I did because when you return to London with 500 pages apiece of the three kinds of research (cryptozoological, theosophical, and archaeological) you can get reinstated at the University.,

rRwz9.gif

Thanks, sent five. Been a while since I used this option, don't really remember how much of a decrease it gives. Hopefully five will be enough.

IIRC it's 4CP nightmare loss for you in exchange for 1CP gain to the reciepient

@Casual Eddy you need to go to Bullbone Island and Corpsecage Island in the Southern Archipelago, and Grunting Fen in the Sea of Voices.

When you show up at the island you get a quality called "Orthos is Coming!!" Every action increases it, and at 10 he shows up and you start to be in danger of him stealing your research. So you only have a limited amount of time to do things. Each island always has a pair of options on it, like "study the inscriptions" and "dig for relics", and one of the pair always gives you some pages of research and the other gives more tangible rewards like Fourth City relics.

I don't know how often you can go on scientific voyages or if you can even do them again (I didn't read the wiki), so I opted to just go for as much research as possible, and I am glad I did because when you return to London with 500 pages apiece of the three kinds of research (cryptozoological, theosophical, and archaeological) you can get reinstated at the University.,

I know it's a gameplay thing and all, but rather wish there was like, a 50 fate option to "deal with" Orthos once and for all and just be able to leisurely collect science in peace.

So like, get a lucky shot with a harpoon cannon and just send him irretrievably into the drink.

jnij103vqi2i.png
    I'd buy that for a dollar ten dollars

rRwz9.gif
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Would someone mind sending me some poison? Wanna test something.

Are zee expeditions the end of the university story chain or is there somewhere to turn in my research for more plot rather than the various physical rewards?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Are zee expeditions the end of the university story chain or is there somewhere to turn in my research for more plot rather than the various physical rewards?

As far as I can tell, it's the end, yeah, although at that point you can also do the Solitary Glim-Sculptor mystery to unlock Flute Street.

rRwz9.gif
    Over a week, nada.

Just now? 3 in about five turns.
    g5elcfz72921.jpeg

jnij103vqi2i.png
    After a week of doing nothing but milling through opportunity cards I finally finished the Solitary Glim-Sculptor case today and bought the key to Flute Street. I stayed down there long enough to get my Rubbery Hound and now I am SO CLOSE to finally breeding this shit and getting my Bifurcated Owl.

rRwz9.gif
    Cave of Nadir
    h8gkwfafss0m.png
    I don't really care about either of these people. Any of these options give particularly good rewards or particularly interesting story stuff?

• MoosehatIVMoosehatIV Saw a blimp once Registered User regular
    Speaking of breeding beasts. Does anyone know offhand if the ocular toadbeast pet has a card associated with it?

I know the hound, ocelot, and horse do, but I never saw it. Is it worth keeping around?

MoosehatIV wrote: »
    Speaking of breeding beasts. Does anyone know offhand if the ocular toadbeast pet has a card associated with it?

I know the hound, ocelot, and horse do, but I never saw it. Is it worth keeping around?

It does. Two options, pretty sure both are luck based. Can't recall the outcomes

jnij103vqi2i.png
This discussion has been closed.