As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FREE SLURPEE DAY

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Man, what are you even gonna do with a giant goddammed multi-gallon jug of slurpee? That's gonna melt before you can get even a small fraction of the way through it.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I've never really considered a pringles can to be waterproof

• Options
    #pipe wrote: »
    put it in the freezer duh

That never works!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    One of the primary reasons I look forward to living in America is the free slurpee I will get on my birthday every year.

• Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    put it in the freezer duh

That never works!

store it in your ice cream maker

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Appearently my local 7/11 is refusing to do this, and the owner has tuned his machines off. hes kind of an asshole. He use to come into the movie theater all the time and I hated him. He refuses to accept 7/11 cupons at his 7/11 and is rude to his customers (no more then 4 people are allowed in the store at a time and others must wait outside) but when hes a customer he tries to get over on all other businesses, and he had a 30 kid birthday party once that he said was going to have 10 kids then yelled at me because he couldn't handle the number of children and we didn't have any employees on staff whos job it was to watch them.

he literally grabbed me, threw me into the room said "You handle them" then left for 2 hours. He also, instead of buying kids snack packs which is literally the only thing we ask of our parties, bought a single tub of popcorn and yelled at our employees until they gave him 22 free refills on it.

• Options
    Bucketman wrote: »
    hes kind of an asshole.

this is incredibly generous of you

• Options
    Kick_04Kick_04 Registered User regular
    Closes 7-Eleven to cincinnati... 422 miles. So much for my free one.

They were the greatest thing when we did school trip to Virgina Beach for a week. The 7-Eleven was right behind the hotel, was there atleast once a day.

PSN id - kickyoass1
    PaD id - 346,240,298
    Marvel FF - Lil bill12
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    No 7-11 anywhere near me. Oh well.

Oh, Krispy Kreme is buy a dozen get a dozen for 77 cents today.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Bucketman, that is not an asshole but a blight upon all humanity and possibly even the solar system.

• Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    Appearently my local 7/11 is refusing to do this, and the owner has tuned his machines off. hes kind of an asshole. He use to come into the movie theater all the time and I hated him. He refuses to accept 7/11 cupons at his 7/11 and is rude to his customers (no more then 4 people are allowed in the store at a time and others must wait outside) but when hes a customer he tries to get over on all other businesses, and he had a 30 kid birthday party once that he said was going to have 10 kids then yelled at me because he couldn't handle the number of children and we didn't have any employees on staff whos job it was to watch them.

he literally grabbed me, threw me into the room said "You handle them" then left for 2 hours. He also, instead of buying kids snack packs which is literally the only thing we ask of our parties, bought a single tub of popcorn and yelled at our employees until they gave him 22 free refills on it.

Yet if you take a dump in the middle of his store, you're the bad guy

• Options
    LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    I spent my childhood in a town with no less than 12 7-Elevens. Every July 11th, my friends an I would roam from location to location on our bikes, spending the entire day going from one to another, as our sugar highs grew more frenzied.

By the time we'd hit the last 7-Eleven in town, we were practically a storm. We never caused any damage, but I still kinda feel bad for some of the employees who had to deal with us.

That said, July 11 holds a special place in my heart.

ely3ub6du1oe.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Bucketman, that is not an asshole but a blight upon all humanity and possibly even the solar system.

Seriously though @Bucketman you should complain to 7/11 corporate
    Guest Comments, Feedback, Suggestions:
    Guest feedback is important to 7-Eleven, and we can only improve by listening to our guests. Your feedback assists us in providing you with the "Guest Experience" you deserve when you visit a 7-Eleven store. Our Guest Relations representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and online by way of routing your Guest Comments Form with your questions or comments to the appropriate department. A 7-Eleven representative will contact you in a timely manner.

For comments, suggestions or complaints about a specific 7-Eleven store, its personnel, products or services, complete the Store-Specific Guest Comments Form.

#pipe on
  • Options
    Mr Pink wrote: »

Yet if you take a dump in the middle of his store, you're the bad guy

Curse DNA tests.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular

I know most places will do whatever they can to make a guest happy, but your manager should have told this guy to go fuck himself with a rake.

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    There are two 7-11s in town. One is so filthy that I refuse to enter it. The other is one that I worked at briefly in college, but they fired me when I was in a car accident and had to miss a shift because I was at the hospital. I had legal recourse, no doubt, but it was a convenience store graveyard shift job, and I wasn't inclined to fight for it. But now it's been seven years, and I can't go in there without them looking at me like I'm the devil.

Since walking distance 7-11s are no good, I'm plotting bus routes right now. Thanks for the reminder!

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I got a free slurpee, it was pina colada and it ruled.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    wirehead26 wrote: »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I agree, Krispy Kreme donuts aren't that good.

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    FUCK standing out in this heat for free shit

Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    wirehead26 wrote: »

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I agree, Krispy Kreme donuts aren't that good.

I like them enough but I really don't need two dozen boxes of them right now.

• Options
    I got a donut for breakfast this morning from a great 24 hour german bakery

it was a frosted triangle filled with stewed apples and easily as big as my shoe

• Options
    AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    I got a free slurpee but there was some dumb high school kids that already HAD free slurpees when they pulled into the parking lot.

They started to walk to the front door, set their current free slurpees on the GROUND (maybe 5 feet from a trash can) then went and got new ones.

Did they throw the old ones away on the way back? Nope.
    Did they give me a death stare when I pointed to their trash as they drove away and mouthed "You forgot this"? Yes. Most definitely.
    Youths.

Nothing. Matters.
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    A donut should be able to function as breakfast. It should be nice and meaty.

Krispy Kreme is the cotton candy of donuts.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    One of the (very) few things I miss about being a teenager was an ability to eat an entire box of Krispy Kreme donuts over the course of a morning with no apparent ill effects.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular

what a waste of a good actor in a movie with Brendan Fraser and Pauley Shore

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    As an adult this is hard to get excited for since I can fill my 64 oz Mug of Shame with so much slurpee for like a buck fifty.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    As an adult this is hard to get excited for since I can fill my 64 oz Mug of Shame with so much slurpee for like a buck fifty.

to Paraphrase something Jerry Holkins once said on the subject of micropayments, that has always stuck with me

the mental gap between "no money" and "some money" is wider than any ocean

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

what a waste of a good actor in a movie with Brendan Fraser and Pauley Shore

Are you disparaging the good name of The Weasel in my thread?

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

I have a 64oz Mug of Shame too, but these days I stick to this neat 32oz metal cup I got a while ago. Refills for a dollar even, with much less shame.

ZaN0CBF.jpg

• Options
    I really should get a refillable slurpee cup.

I buy a lot of slurpees in summer, but they almost 100% impulse "It's hot and there's a 7/11 on the way home"

• Options
    HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    1) Donuts should be filled with eggs, cheese, bacon. Get it all in one bite.
    2) There is a 7-11 every 10 feet where I live and the people still go nuts for free stuff.

Now I want a breakfast donut.

I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I think we found the bastard behind Doritos Loaded.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    I think we found the bastard behind Doritos Loaded.

Ugh I finally tried some of those just out of sheer morbid curiosity. Well they certainly nailed the sensation of what doritos filled with the same nacho cheese as 7-11's hot dog/nacho dispeners would taste like.

Namely: DEAR GOD THE SALT!!

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    FUCK standing out in this heat for free shit

Yeah I'm gonna be honest

I got junk food at home

I can eat that and not subject my fatass to excessive heat.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Aphostile wrote: »
    I got a free slurpee but there was some dumb high school kids that already HAD free slurpees when they pulled into the parking lot.

They started to walk to the front door, set their current free slurpees on the GROUND (maybe 5 feet from a trash can) then went and got new ones.

Did they throw the old ones away on the way back? Nope.
    Did they give me a death stare when I pointed to their trash as they drove away and mouthed "You forgot this"? Yes. Most definitely.
    Youths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oC45CC1s-0

• Options
    Marathon wrote: »

I know most places will do whatever they can to make a guest happy, but your manager should have told this guy to go fuck himself with a rake.

No see, I was the manager.

After this I convinved my boss to no longer allow him to have parties at the theater. A few months later I walked into the following situation:

I was working a normal employee shift, we had 2 birthday partied running (we have 2 party rooms, one big and one small) and a third party showed up. A whole kids baseball team. See they had called and asked for pricing on a party but never actually booked the damn thing, which is really important, one of the managers (the one on duty this day) and even spoken to them and they told her they would call back with details and officially book the party. They never did, but showed up with around 28 kids, 10 adults, and so many pizzas and a huge cake. But we had nowhere to put them. We told them they never booked it and they got real shitty "well our friends reccomended this place as a great place for a party, we'll have to tell them and all these kids parents not to be coming here after this treatment." so we called the boss lady and she said to do WHATEVER we could to make them happy. So we did a quick 10 minute sweep of the employee break room, cleaned it up moved lockers out of the room, and took the art wall down and set up tables in there for them to use that as their party room. We then asked what film they were seeing, some kids movie and I made sure to point out they still needed to buy the kids snack packs (we don't charge for the room, its literally just the snack pack as the only charge)

They said they had never heard that (bullshit) and refused to do so. So they basically had us bend over backwards for no god damn reason because they wern't even actually paying for anything outside of tickets. "Our friend said he use to have parties here all the time and was never asked to buy snack packs." Well guess who the first guest and their friend was?

yeah the 7/11 guy. Fuck him.

• Options
    IloveslimesIloveslimes Everett, WARegistered User regular
    I thought about going to get a free slurpee, but i saw the crowd on my walk home and kept going. Plus that 7-11 gets a pretty bad bunch of customers. Last week a dude dropped his crack pipe and it shattered all over the floor. A 7-11 full of that crowd on a hot day? No thanks.