As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Pandemic] - Game 16 - Game Over - Obamacare Saves(?) The World

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    @Preda
    You drew Bogota & Epidemic! for your Player card draws.
    The Epidemic Event removes 4 unused Blue cubes from the game.
    Johannesburg got hit with 3 cubes because of the Epidemic.
    Would you like to play any Special card now, before the Infector Phase is resolved?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Maybe forecast to set up a blue eradication with remote treatment and rapid vaccine?

• Options
    PredaPreda Registered User regular
    Forecast make sense now. depending on what will come up, we could plan for either eradication or outbreak prevention. Only beware, this epidemic was at its latest, so another could immediately come up.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    Play the "Forecast" special.

• Options
    "Forecast" Special

Rearrange these 6 cards in last-to-be-selected to first-to-be-selected order. i.e. bottom to top.
    They will be placed on top of the current deck.

Bogota; Osaka; St. Petersburg; Madrid; Karachi; Istanbul

@Hedgethorn‌ has to finalize the card order.

• Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Any objections to this ordering? This seems to be the safest in case we draw another epidemic after GG's turn.

Bottom-to-top:
    Osaka
    Bogota
    Istanbul
    St Petersburg
    Madrid
    Karachi

Edit: messed up the black cities.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Sure that works.

• Options
    Alright then.

Bottom-to-top:
    Osaka
    Bogota
    Istanbul
    St Petersburg
    Madrid
    Karachi

• Options
    @Grunt's Ghosts - Medic Turn
    HsmG7l5.png
    Roles, current hand sizes & cards -
    Preda - Epidemiologist (7) - Bogota; Beijing; Seoul; Bangkok; Osaka; Tokyo; "Commercial Travel Ban" Special (Infection Rate Becomes 1 Until The Start Of Current Player's Next Turn.)
    Grunt's Ghosts - Medic (3) - Sao Paulo; Riyadh; "Remote Treatment" Special (Remove any 2 cubes from the board. Play anytime before Infection Phase of any turn.)
    Goose! - Scientist (7) - New York; Madrid; London; Atlanta; San Francisco; Chennai; "Rapid Vaccine Deployment" Special (Play immediately after a cure is discovered. Remove up to 5 cubes of that disease in connected cities.)
    Phyphor - Dispatcher (3) - Khartoum; Manila; "Re-Examined Research" Special (Current player may draw any one city card from Player Discards and add it to his hand.)
    Hedgethorn‌ - Troubleshooter (4) - Algiers; Delhi; Baghdad; Moscow
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg
    Blue Flu is the Virulent Strain with Complex Molecular Structure, needing an additional card above normal to cure.

• Options
    GG needs to prevent bogota from exploding

• Options
    He can get there with either the Sao Paulo or the Riyadh card. Probably best to use the black card, rather than the yellow.

• Options
    HE should use Riyadth and stop in Sao Paulo so either I or Goose could go take it.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm going what? I can't get to Sao Paulo this turn if I use Riyadh.

• Options
    Sure you can. Move to riyadh. Fly to bogata, treat, move to sao paulo

• Options
    How am I flying to Bogata? I don't have that card.

• Options
    Charter Flight
    Play the card corresponding to your pawn’s current location, and move to any city on the board. Discard the card to the Player Discard pile.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Move to riyadh. Fly to bogata, treat, move to sao paulo.

• Options
    @Goose! - Scientist Turn
    Dy1hEwq.png
    Roles, current hand sizes & cards -
    Preda - Epidemiologist (7) - Bogota; Beijing; Seoul; Bangkok; Osaka; Tokyo; "Commercial Travel Ban" Special (Infection Rate Becomes 1 Until The Start Of Current Player's Next Turn.)
    Grunt's Ghosts - Medic (4) - Lima; Sao Paulo; "Remote Treatment" Special (Remove any 2 cubes from the board. Play anytime before Infection Phase of any turn.); "Borrowed Time" Special (Current player may take 2 additional actions this turn.)
    Goose! - Scientist (7) - New York; Madrid; London; Atlanta; San Francisco; Chennai; "Rapid Vaccine Deployment" Special (Play immediately after a cure is discovered. Remove up to 5 cubes of that disease in connected cities.)
    Phyphor - Dispatcher (3) - Khartoum; Manila; "Re-Examined Research" Special (Current player may draw any one city card from Player Discards and add it to his hand.)
    Hedgethorn‌ - Troubleshooter (4) - Algiers; Delhi; Baghdad; Moscow
    pandemicacts.png
    pandemicroles.png
    pic542183_lg.jpg
    Blue Flu is the Virulent Strain with Complex Molecular Structure, needing an additional card above normal to cure.

• Options
    Does playing a special card take up 1 of the actions?

Also I can't fly to Atlanta without wasting the card can I? So I'd have to walk the 2 steps, cure Blue, and then use the Special card?

• Options
    Specials are free. So walk, walk, cure and then probably treat and any/all specials we want

• Options
    Well wait, the special only works for cities around Atlanta?

• Options
    Which one?

• Options
    My card.

• Options
    No, your card removes cubes in any blue cities that are connected to each other -- like Madrid, Paris, Milan, for the most likely use.

Other special cards can also be played now, if the player holding the card agrees.

• Options
    Oh I thought it had to be where I was.

Okay, then. So, go to Atlanta, cure Blue, play my special on Paris, Madrid, Milan (1 from Paris, 1 from Madrid, 3 from Milan), and treat Atlanta.

Sound good?

• Options
    edited August 2014
    If you don't draw an epidemic, it'll actually be possible for Phyphor to eradicate blue, if he uses Borrowed Time and Remote Treatment. I don't think that makes much sense now, though.

Edit: He wouldn't even need Borrowed Time, if he just moved GG through Madrid and Toronto.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    Move twice to get to Atlanta, cure Blue like a baws, rapid vaccine deployment Paris 1, Madrid 1, Milan 3, and treat Atlanta.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    @Goose!
    Which one of your 5 blue cards will you keep, since you only need 4 to cure it?

stever777 on

• Options
    He'll need all five, complex molecular structure.

• Options
    Also, please stop before infection, we might want to remote treat even if no epidemic comes out.

• Options
    Say what now?

• Options
    Goose! drew Sydney & Toronto for his Player card draws.
    Would anyone like to play any Special cards now, before the Infector Phase is resolved?

• Options
    We Know Osaka will outbreak. Do we want to stop it with remote treatment?

• Options
    Maybe use remote treatment, taking one from Osaka and one from Johannesburg? That would give us a modicum of breathing room now, plus we could use commercial travel ban after the next epidemic to slow things down for a round. I can treat Istanbul on my turn.

After Preda cures red, we can also use re-examined research if absolutely necessary to fly to Osaka.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    If I use borrowed time, I can move GG to clean up everything except toronto, and put hedge so he can treat it. Eradication if I don't draw a blue. We probably should have used the rapid vaccine though, no other disease is worth it

Phyphor on
  • Options
    Would anyone like to play any Special cards now, before the Infector Phase is resolved?

• Options
    @Grunt's Ghosts‌ needs to make the call about Remote Treatment -- it's his card.

• Options
    If we need to use it then sure.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Moved

stever777 on