As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Strain] New York is full of Draculas

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    BOY HOWDY AM I EXCITED ABOUT LAST NIGHT
    Don't worry about the vampire ninja. He's going to be awesome, and probably everyone's favorite part of the series.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    BOY HOWDY AM I EXCITED ABOUT LAST NIGHT
    Don't worry about the vampire ninja. He's going to be awesome, and probably everyone's favorite part of the series.
    Just like the vampire SWAT.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    You're gonna have to trust me on this one.

EDIT: Unless they take a wild, hard left turn from the books, I mean.

cr0w on
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    My bad if I misinterpreted the scene.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    The final scene
    The plane landing in Jersey wasn't a plan to escape the quarantine. The Master is the only one who wants to infect the world, the rest of the Ancients want to stop him. After Vaun's failure, they have a backup plan. That's what landed in Jersey.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    My bad if I misinterpreted the scene.

nah man, there's a million fucking plot threads going on its easy to misconstrue something in this show

especially with the nonsense last night where it was running 4-6 minutes and then going to commercials for 4 minutes a pop... it was fucking horrific and the only reason the show runs long, just so they can run more commercials.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Yeah there's a ton of shit going on at once, and the ending was purposely vague. If I hadn't read the books I wouldn't know what the fuck was going on.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I thought the vampire dude was Eph in a hood for a bit.
    His whole train trip was a lot of nothing.

I was really pleased to see something other than obstinacy and drama with the alderwoman and her team. That was quite the difference from the last season:

I thought they were going to tell Nora to shut up about UV diagnosis, then not believe her, then hush it up or whatever once they found out about the nephew.

The fact that they let ratman out and recruited his assistance was also very pleasing.

Given the way government and legal considerations tend to move I am sort of surprised they didn't do a whole thing about the execution of the reanimated and whether civilians ought be charged

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I thought the vampire dude was Eph in a hood for a bit.
    His whole train trip was a lot of nothing.

I was really pleased to see something other than obstinacy and drama with the alderwoman and her team. That was quite the difference from the last season:

I thought they were going to tell Nora to shut up about UV diagnosis, then not believe her, then hush it up or whatever once they found out about the nephew.

The fact that they let ratman out and recruited his assistance was also very pleasing.

Given the way government and legal considerations tend to move I am sort of surprised they didn't do a whole thing about the execution of the reanimated and whether civilians ought be charged

When the government starts hanging vampire heads on chain link fences, I think they kind of lose the right to charge civilians for taking out some vampires on their own.
    Granted, I have no idea what the law says about vampires, so I could be way off here.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Yeah, they didn't spend a lot of time on that issue at all.

By the same token consistency hasn't been the strongest point of the show

• Options
    Ephram, you cad!

Think of whiny McNiceButt!

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    I want Genre Enthusiast to be a trope. Because that's what Ratman totally is. He knows exactly what type of story he is in and is determined to enjoy it to the fullest extent.

The ex-boyfriend in iZombie would be another example, by the end.

• Options
    I want Genre Enthusiast to be a trope. Because that's what Ratman totally is. He knows exactly what type of story he is in and is determined to enjoy it to the fullest extent.

The ex-boyfriend in iZombie would be another example, by the end.

I think that is a trope.

• Options
    I'm kind of pissed off at which reoccuring character they offed this week
    was literally all of the stoneheart assistant guy's scenes this season was so he could join the group and die in the same episode? really?

• Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    I agree @Naphtali . It really made that character entirely pointless. At least the kid survived! Watching his scenes, I was thinking they should replace that actor with a puppet. The show is already pretty silly, I think they could pull it off.

urturtwutrurturtj.jpg

I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    That's what they're going to do next season

• Options
    Was anyone actually expecting
    The Master to pick Eichorst as his new vessel? It always seemed to me that he's way too competent to be discarded like that, and apparently The Master agrees.

• Options
    Particularly since he seems to keep the physical form of whoever he takes over (who the hell was the host before? that guy must have been huge). Musician guy seems to be a better choice.

• Options
    AtomBomb wrote: »
    Particularly since he seems to keep the physical form of whoever he takes over (who the hell was the host before? that guy must have been huge). Musician guy seems to be a better choice.

They noted in one of the flash backs that the cane must've been shortened because the former owner was a giant.

• Options
    AtomBomb wrote: »

Regarding your spoiler
    First episode of season 2 they show what was the deal with the master's host (the giant).

• Options
    Oops, I forgot that. Too bad the WWE wasn't in New York during the outbreak.

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    So I'm happy any time Rat Guy gets to play with explosives, I mean, he just looks so happy! But I really don't understand what the plan was there.

• Options
    Tommatt wrote: »
    So I'm happy any time Rat Guy gets to play with explosives, I mean, he just looks so happy! But I really don't understand what the plan was there.

the plan is the writing quality on the show took a huge dive

or they're padding furiously to get more than 3 seasons out of the 3 books, which seems likely at this point

• Options

The plan was to collapse the whole building on top of the Master.

And then what happened was a small part of the roof collapsed, conveniently between the Master and Quinlan.

Convenient environmental block between guy and the guy who wants to kill the other guy is one of them tropes that's never done particularly well.

• Options
    reVerse wrote: »

The plan was to collapse the whole building on top of the Master.

And then what happened was a small part of the roof collapsed, conveniently between the Master and Quinlan.

Convenient environmental block between guy and the guy who wants to kill the other guy is one of them tropes that's never done particularly well.

this whole episode was lots of just dumb
    fet acting like a child, the roommate magically resurfacing, quinlan and the master's radical duel, Eff suddenly traversing the entire distance between DC and NYC in a single night while being hunted, still having a gun shot wound and drunk off his ass

the preview for next week looks promising for advancing the plot more than the glacial pace we're at now though

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    So the new Vampire Ninja is basically Blade sans Wesley Snipe?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    Fitzwilliam's story was such a fart.

But Coco La Assistant's romcom with Palmer is I don't even, helicopter dance fucking, first experiences with alcohol going well.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Quinlan was great; now I want a spin-off of him hunting the Master through the ages. Here I was worried when they killed off Vampire SWAT guy.

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    I preferred the Vampire SWAT guy. The actor for him was great, the actor for Quinlan is kind of stale.

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Why not a spinoff with Quinlan AND Vampire SWAT guy?

• Options
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    Fitzwilliam's story was such a fart.

But Coco La Assistant's romcom with Palmer is I don't even, helicopter dance fucking, first experiences with alcohol going well.

That storyline doesn't actually bother me at all, since it fills out a big chunk of why Palmer started the vampire apocalypse. Dude is not the Randian superman he thinks he is.

• Options
    This fuckin' kid.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Are they really trying to stretch this out more than three seasons?

• Options
    I wanted a *whipcrack* in Palmer and Coco's final scene tonight.

• Options
    joshgotro wrote: »
    Are they really trying to stretch this out more than three seasons?

probably

my guess is something like 4 or 5 at this rate

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    Carlton Cuse specifically said in an interview about 2 weeks ago that he wanted 5 seasons - 2 for Book Two and 2 for Book Three.

• Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    I'm having a hard time staying tuned now.

• Options
    I'm watching for ratman. Nothing else matters. They've progressively dialed in to him being great because he's always 100% on board and excited about whatever crazy vampire stuff someone suggests.

• Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    Ratman, Setrakian, and Quinlan are the three things that keep me coming back at this point.

Though maybe now that his mom has been proven to be a monster RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, the fucking kid will stop whining and we can get something decent out of it, or at least get fewer bad things.

I hope they resolve the awful love triangle between Ratman, hacker lady, and Track Star (the ONE good thing we've gotten from Dr Vodka this season) quickly, because it's pretty bad.

Also, is anyone else glad that the Master switched bodies? I had trouble taking him seriously with the last one.

• Options
    The thing that gnaws at me about Fet is that we were introduced to him swinging a katana about.

But now he is all about the rebar.

What happened to the rat-handled katana?