As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FIGHTING GAMES CLUB CARIBE PR LETSGO

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i should have phrased it as "i don't feel like louffy outplayed bonchan, and in that way do not think the better player won in this instance"

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    It's almost like watching a vortex character back in 2012. Yeah, Infiltration put in a shitload of work and played like a monster, but there were SO MANY matches where the other dude made the right guesses, did the right options, then goes on to lose anyway. Obviously Rose isn't nearly as good as Akuma in 2012, and Rose isn't a vortex character. But watching that gave me the exact same feeling. How could Bonchan have realistically played that matchup better? He played such smart Street Fighter and wasn't rewarded for it at all. Luffy played great, don't get me wrong. He certainly went through a tough road. But goddamn if the finals didn't leave a shitty taste and feeling.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Kilroy wrote: »
    it's gonna be funny watching rose shoot up the eventhubs tier list tomorrow

KGOj7Gt.png

recorded for historical purposes

Brolo on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I will be moving back to LA in two weeks-ish. Going to try to push really hard for my fighting games friends to start going to WNF. Worst comes to worst I guess I could start going solo, but, more fun with friends!

we can be friends

can't believe i've never gotten this offer before

we've always been friends, mike <3

going to bed 'cause my night won't get better than this

• Options
    EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    <3 wrote: »

So he's not Asian, not French, and he didn't really play Rose the right way because they buffed her so it doesn't count. So Evo was won by an empty chair with a PS1 controller sitting in it, apparently.

Are you really going to strawman this argument by attacking some dude not even from the forums?

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    well actually i have leftover pork chops in my fridge so it's possible my night will get better than this

you can be second place

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    also i'm glad an unexpected character won evo because i want to see how people react and how they feel about usf4's balance

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i have literally zero sympathy for sagat players who want to tell me how low tier their character is

To be fair, at one point Luffy ducked a high Tiger Shot from over half screen and still had time to dash in and fierceXXdrill before it recovered.

That kind of made me cringe a little bit.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I think it's kind of silly to say Luffy didn't "deserve" that win when he came through losers bracket against characters that are significantly better than Sagat (including dismantling Fei Long twice). It's not Luffy's fault Bonchan plays a shit tier character.

Luffy is a golden god who I have seen win plenty of European majors with Rose before she got changed to be a character I don't enjoy watching, so I definitely think he deserved to win Evo. In fact, I think even discussing deserving or not when it comes to winning is weird because if you win you deserved to win because you won, so I agree with you on that. I simply wanted to vent some demons about how stupid and unsatisfying it felt to watch it happen.

Luffy is the champ! No doubt!

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yeah, no one here said he wasn't French.

If anyone here said such an idiot thing, I would be having words with that poster, as would plenty of other posters here.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm just really amused.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    well I guess Boncham's sagat is over

i've been waiting like twenty minutes to make that joke and can't workshop better wording for it so there you go, thread

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that dick bag on Twitter is already getting torn apart. I think we can let Twitter handle Twitter.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Is Rose the best right now? Maybe.

Did someone who has been playing Rose since Vanilla SF4, one of the most bunk ass characters in the history of SF4, finally get some recognition? Yes.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
  • Options
    It comes down to feeling like good Street Fighter fundamentals weren't rewarded at all. And again, this happens all the time with bad characters and/or bad matchups, in pretty much any edition of SF. I know that. Just look at how helpless grapplers are in certain matchups. But that doesn't make it not suck to see, especially for such a traditionally solid character like Sagat.

iG3kv1d.png
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I mean

If it got posted in the thread, it is presumably to be commented on, regardless of what social media platform it came from

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I really want to see a looping gif of those first 15 seconds or so of the very first round, with Sagat and Rose just bouncing fireballs back and forth without any other movement. I was dying.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Fuck Sagat.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Yo inquisitor if you ain't so hot at street fighter play me.

I am also bad and we can be bad together.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i feel like the things i clarified my statement to mean still basically equate to me feeling unsatisfied that he won and in that fashion

louffy isn't bad by any means and i've been freaking out about him forever

i specifically remember talking about the boner inducing excitement i felt last year in the ballroom watching xian vs luffy, 2 of my favorite players, in top 32

people aren't used to a strong rose

but he won 6-0 and he came out on top of a 2000 man tournament that many "sure things" didn't make it through

he deserved to win the tournament

but he did not earn that set imo

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    On a side note

The Illuminatti need to hire Keits to give them a clinic on how to keep a event on scheudle.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    I think it's kind of silly to say Luffy didn't "deserve" that win when he came through losers bracket against characters that are significantly better than Sagat (including dismantling Fei Long twice). It's not Luffy's fault Bonchan plays a shit tier character.

Luffy is a golden god who I have seen win plenty of European majors with Rose before she got changed to be a character I don't enjoy watching, so I definitely think he deserved to win Evo. In fact, I think even discussing deserving or not when it comes to winning is weird because if you win you deserved to win because you won, so I agree with you on that. I simply wanted to vent some demons about how stupid and unsatisfying it felt to watch it happen.

Luffy is the champ! No doubt!

Yeah. This is how I feel.

I've never been the person to say someone doesn't deserve to win.

But man...those finals were only behind Infiltration and Fuudo's Evo wins in how nasty they were.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Has Rose won any majors before this?

• Options
    The moment of the tournament for me was still JWong taking Marvel, and his slow motion drill claw roll on the stage.

Second moment was anyone, regardless of who it was, beating FChamp because seriously, fuck that punk. I don't hate many human beings, I don't even like the word hate...but man he's close.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    ph blake wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    i have literally zero sympathy for sagat players who want to tell me how low tier their character is

To be fair, at one point Luffy ducked a high Tiger Shot from over half screen and still had time to dash in and fierceXXdrill before it recovered.

That kind of made me cringe a little bit.
    i don't think you are describing what you saw accurately.. rose's forward dash is 20 frames, cr.mp has 4 frame start up. high tiger has 31 frames of recovery. the fireball would have had to travel less than 8 frames on screen, which would indicate it was close enough that rose wouldn't have needed to dash in anyway.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Chris G is a worse person than F Champ.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    People need to chill about being unsatisfactory with the win.

Bad matchup exists in fighting game. Rose happens to be way better than Sagat in this iteration.

Louffy still did amazing.

That is all.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    On a side note

The Illuminatti need to hire Keits to give them a clinic on how to keep a event on scheudle.

The trick is to not have a smash tourney.

• Options

Bad matchup exists in fighting game. Rose happens to be way better than Sagat in this iteration.

That is all.

i don't need to chill cuz i'm not riled up

those are my feelings on the grand finals and i'm entitled to have them

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    the best moment of EVO was probably the Grand Finals for SSMB

• Options
    said no one ever

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Isoldae wrote: »

When you are in their league there isnt a need for a worse one they are both just terrible

• Options
    As much as people, apparently, disliked the street fighter finals.

They were still infinitely better than the top 4 in smash.

Because holy shit were those smash games boring.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    btw I told u fucks about blazblue

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Yo inquisitor if you ain't so hot at street fighter play me.

I am also bad and we can be bad together.

Duly noted, we will have to play sometime! Though right now is awkward for me, half my gaming stuff is basically in transit as in two weeks I move from Japan to LA after living here in Japan for two years, so half of my videogame stuff is in transit because shipping stuff takes fooooorever so I shipped it like a month ago, and they only let me bring so much stuff on the plane :(

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I know.

I'm not hating on Louffy. I'm just giving my personal opinions about how it went down.

Dragkonias on
  • Options

I disagree. Chris G has his moments, but I've never seen a cowardly punk like FChamp, who will talk the most shit when someone isn't around to respond to him.

That said, I'm willing to acknowledge that Chris G has done some things I don't know about that raise his Dick Bag Level.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

That is all.

Yeah. Not every win is going to be Justin Wong pulling off a Miracle with garbage characters against top tier bullshit. Just be happy it happened in one of the games this weekend.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    You guys do understand that FChamp and ChrisG are practically saints acceptable human beings compared to Marn.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
This discussion has been closed.