As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FIGHTING GAMES CLUB CARIBE PR LETSGO

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    btw I told u fucks about blazblue

do you guys hear something?

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Yeah I dont think Smash need to be 4 stock and 3/5 games except for maybe WF LF and GF

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    <3 wrote: »
    People need to chill about being unsatisfactory with the win.

Bad matchup exists in fighting game. Rose happens to be way better than Sagat in this iteration.

Louffy still did amazing.

That is all.

Yeah. Not every win is going to be Justin Wong pulling off a Miracle with garbage characters against top tier bullshit. Just be happy it happened in one of the games this weekend.

I mean

lets not be crazy here.

If you think Wolverine and Akuma are garbage characters in Marvel you are dead wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    mike "all tsun no dere" blais

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Balefuego wrote: »

Bad matchup exists in fighting game. Rose happens to be way better than Sagat in this iteration.

That is all.

Yeah. Not every win is going to be Justin Wong pulling off a Miracle with garbage characters against top tier bullshit. Just be happy it happened in one of the games this weekend.

I mean

lets not be crazy here.

If you think Wolverine and Akuma are garbage characters in Marvel you are dead wrong.

Well, they are decent, but it's not Zero, Morrigan, Virgil, Dr Doom levels of bullshit.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    You guys do understand that FChamp and ChrisG are practically saints acceptable human beings compared to Marn.

Fortunately Marn isn't a good enough player to be in my face at every Marvel event. I'll accept that he is also a total shit bag though.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    no wait mike "mortal kombat" blais

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    i believe it was 3-1 and then 3-1 for louffy, not 6-0.

and i think evolution is like, at least five times bigger than UFGT ever was, and way way more complex. I love ufgt, but i don't think saying evo needs to call keits about scheduling is really that accurate.

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    You guys do understand that FChamp and ChrisG are practically saints acceptable human beings compared to Marn.

yeah but http://i.minus.com/iDGhrcz9XGX8Q.gif

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options

Marn looks like someone cut swedish berries up and stuck them all over his skin right now so he gets two days off

also he knocked chris g so whatever

• Options

That is all.

I mean

lets not be crazy here.

They're good, certainly not garbage tier, but they aren't Vergil, Zero, Doom, Morrigin.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options

how do you think i get this sick tan

(from the tsun)

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    i feel like the things i clarified my statement to mean still basically equate to me feeling unsatisfied that he won and in that fashion

louffy isn't bad by any means and i've been freaking out about him forever

i specifically remember talking about the boner inducing excitement i felt last year in the ballroom watching xian vs luffy, 2 of my favorite players, in top 32

people aren't used to a strong rose

but he won 6-0 and he came out on top of a 2000 man tournament that many "sure things" didn't make it through

he deserved to win the tournament

but he did not earn that set imo

6-1 I thought?

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    thanks geth i needed that one
    no wait mike "mortal kombat" blais

sorry that i play the best fighting game around

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Mike "Mike 'Mike Blais' Ross" Blaisross

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Really, I think the thing about Justin winning was that it brought things back to a simpler time. You know like those times when Wesker was a viable character.

If only for a moment.

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    T4CT wrote: »

(from the tsun)

You have gone too far this time Mike Blais.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    T4CT wrote: »

(from the tsun)

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    Mike "Mike 'Mike Blais' Ross" Blaisross

one of the things on my actual written-out bucket list is to body mike ross in a fighting game

no joke

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

yeah but http://i.minus.com/iDGhrcz9XGX8Q.gif

this gif

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
  • Options
    Marn is a real piece of work and the stories are numerous enough to cement that.

But Champ and Chris are honestly I hate them, Marn I just ignore the other two I cant.

• Options
    Ah, the days when people would bitch endlessly about Wesker.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i just can't believe the gf of smash could have taken nearly an hour had the bracket been reset. that's insane.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Really, I think the thing about Justin winning was that it brought things back to a simpler time. You know like those times when Wesker was a viable character.

If only for a moment.

Then you remember it takes a player of Justin's caliber (aka better than 99.9999999999999% of the world will ever be) to pull that off...and it's sad :(

• Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    Marn is a real piece of work and the stories are numerous enough to cement that.

But Champ and Chris are honestly I hate them, Marn I just ignore the other two I cant.

Champ has a shitty personality, but whatever.

ChrisG is like this villain in the community simply because he plays Morrigan/Doom.

Marn on the other hand, is just a terrible human being.

• Options
    I am genuinely upset that my work schedule and where the place my local scene gathers prevents me from being involved with said scene.

:(

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    i just can't believe the gf of smash could have taken nearly an hour had the bracket been reset. that's insane.

they should turn items on if there's a bracket reset

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    someone may have linked already but i didn't see - is there video anywhere of the justin wong finals? i haven't really been following any feeds or anything

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Only pokeballs.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    I think Champ is worse than Chris G. Chris is a whining little baby whereas champ actually attacks and harasses people, plus he is just louder in general

Marn is without a doubt the worst of them all though there is no greater swine of a person

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Houk wrote: »
    someone may have linked already but i didn't see - is there video anywhere of the justin wong finals? i haven't really been following any feeds or anything

You can go to www.twitch.tv/srkevo1

Wait for the ad to play, but don't hit play on the video

At the bottom is a list of archives

If there is another way to get there I couldn't find it

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    I love Yipes. That is all.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Wimble wrote: »
    I think Champ is worse than Chris G. Chris is a whining little baby whereas champ actually attacks and harasses people, plus he is just louder in general

Marn is without a doubt the worst of them all though there is no greater swine of a person

Man, I really need to read up on Marn or something. I guess because he isn't as prominent as Champ, I just don't see his antics.

(and you nailed how I feel about Champ)

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    What did Marn actually do?

Like I know he played MOBAs and lost a bunch of money doing it... anything else?

• Options
    Also Champ screwed Dadicbro out of some decent amount og money and well fuck Champ.

Dacid seems like too much of a good guy to deserve that.

• Options
    Brolo wrote: »

Smash should always be items on, 2v2, random stage.

That is the only proper way to play smash.

• Options
    NoSobriquetNoSobriquet Formidable Phở Sandcastle of SteelRegistered User regular
    Actually being able to catch some of the streams this year has me fiending for Street Fighter in a way that is incongruent with my preferences in the genre (anime, and I still suck). Needed an activity that I can pour myself into again, and accept now that I've always had busted fundamentals so there's a clear goal this time around. Like, MKII and SF2CE were my teething rings; I played before I learned to walk, and most games that followed have been in my possession at some point, but I didn't try to really learn anything until '09 and even then I was all about snacks. My execution's decent, albeit links make me prolapse, and I haven't been able to play neutral, know how to properly read a sitch, or get inside an opponent's head. I was just trying to take advantage of others' occasional mistakes or my dumb-luck moments of advantage, without knowing how to cause more of them.

I think I'm going to grab PC Streets next month (been playing on PS3 and ... yeah).
    If anyone has patience for a scrubby Dhalsim/Poison/Makoto, I'm eager to take my beatings.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9caTktglhUI

here's a good start to stuff Marn has done, I suppose. It's also amusing, to me

4SMZq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.