As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FIGHTING GAMES CLUB CARIBE PR LETSGO

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    god bless you arturo

ts real heroes of fgc

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    *sighs* The fact that Art even has to tell people to be nice...

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Holy shit this guy is getting so hype for this Blazblue grand finals.

"This man is not human right now! This man is not human right now, this man is a legend! This is the birth of a god!"

It sounds like a speech about the endboss of an anime.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    <3<3 Registered User regular
    poverty chat is going nuts about their waifu

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Wow, T. Hawk's English voice is bad.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    bison getting bodied by t hawk

it's so beautiful

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    That T Hawk is KojiKOG I think.

Dude just looks like he is having so much fun.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Arturo laying down the real talk about Rose winning.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

"This man is not human right now! This man is not human right now, this man is a legend! This is the birth of a god!"

Well it is an anime fighter..

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    t hawk mirrior on stream now

condor spire?

condor spire.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    it's a condor conspiracy oh oh ho ho

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    i have never seriously played fighting games before

i am trying to train my fingers to do basic quarter circles and it's difficult

i hate my body sometimes

but when I hit them?

it feels really good

think i'm gonna stick with practicing

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Reynolds wrote: »

Well it is an anime fighter..

Just like street fighter :D

• Options
    Hullis wrote: »
    i have never seriously played fighting games before

i am trying to train my fingers to do basic quarter circles and it's difficult

i hate my body sometimes

but when I hit them?

it feels really good

think i'm gonna stick with practicing

Get a HitBox like I did, never miss an input again :)

• Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    i still maintain that pad dashes are op as fuck

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    pad just won evo, hopefully y'all will see the error of your ways

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular

BBCB grand finals being restreamed

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    Got my BBCP downloaded, the D-Pad on the vita is surprisingly not crap.

Now to decide who to play. Leaning towards Ragna because I like footsies and pretty sure he has some of if not the best in the game. Azrael is tempting too of course, after watching him played in GF. I hear his footsies are good too.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    That BlazBlue final. Damn.

That is a hard earned $35,000.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular

When will a keyboard win

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular

When will a keyboard win

A hit box? (Or whatever those doohickeys are called)

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Well downloading BBCP on my Vita.

Might as well make the most of my current gaming situation. Also might as well grind out combos on my 12 hour flight home.

Edit: Swordfights, well hopefully I can end up being your WNF buddy! Going to be a bit of a mad house getting my life restarted in the states so not sure when I will be able to start going. After playing it in the arcade some here I am pretty sure that GG Xrd is going to end up my game of choice. I like Street Fighter, never made myself sit down and learn links though. Which I really should do.

Are we PSN friends? I got BBCP through PS+ a long while back but barely played it because I vastly prefer using my stick. Maybe I should give it a chance, seeing as literally nobody else is playing Persona 4 Arena on 360 right now.

• Options

Might as well make the most of my current gaming situation. Also might as well grind out combos on my 12 hour flight home.

Edit: Swordfights, well hopefully I can end up being your WNF buddy! Going to be a bit of a mad house getting my life restarted in the states so not sure when I will be able to start going. After playing it in the arcade some here I am pretty sure that GG Xrd is going to end up my game of choice. I like Street Fighter, never made myself sit down and learn links though. Which I really should do.

Are we PSN friends? I got BBCP through PS+ a long while back but barely played it because I vastly prefer using my stick. Maybe I should give it a chance, seeing as literally nobody else is playing Persona 4 Arena on 360 right now.

I don't believe we are, my PSN is WinterFlea. Though I imagine till I move out of Japan that our ping situation won't work for fighting games.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    guys I basically passed out during the first street fighter match and kept waking up to the xbox home screen for some reason

at least I managed to stay awake through the end of marvel

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

BBCSExtend was on PS+ a while back.

BBCP, what they played at Evo, just recently came out on Vita.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Blazblue's Grand Finals > BlazBlue Top 8 and the ballsiest Tager player I've ever seen > Watching Louffy in USF4 > Seeing ChrisG get his ass beat in UMvC3 > That freaking Pikachu player in Melee were my favorites.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    rip pikachu

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    That tager ownnnnnnnnneddddd

• Options
    That tager ownnnnnnnnneddddd

That Tager was my hero for crushing multiple Kokonoe players on his journey to top 8.

• Options
    So did kokonoe not end up as busted tier as people thought she was? Or was there a patch?

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    So did kokonoe not end up as busted tier as people thought she was? Or was there a patch?

I think they said there were 8 kokonoes in the top 16 but 0 made top 8. So busted but contained?

Also, I think I accidentally hail hydra'd this post because mobile site.

Edit: how did I not know you could "take back" reactions by clicking them again?

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014

There was a huge balance patch. She's still clearly one of the best characters in the game though, just not 'she should be banned' overpowered. Valkenhayn, who was the clear #2, also took a big nerf, but primarily to his defenses (backdash) leaving his offense untouched. Plenty of underpowered characters received nice buffs. You can look at the patch notes here.

I think what happened is that everyone practiced the shit out of their 'vs Kokonoe' match-ups because she's been so damn prevalent.

Here's a pretty approximate tier list on the sliding High/Low and Bullshit/Honest scales of what 1.0 looked like. And here's what they look like now.

vagrant_winds on
  • Options

There was a huge balance patch. She's still clearly one of the best characters in the game though, just not 'she should be banned' overpowered. Valkenhayn, who was the clear #2, also took a big nerf, but primarily to his defenses (backdash) leaving his offense untouched. Plenty of underpowered characters received nice buffs. You can look at the patch notes here. And a pretty approximate tier list on the sliding High/Low and Bullshit/Honest scales.

I think what happened is that everyone practiced the shit out of their 'vs Kokonoe' match-ups because she's been so damn prevalent.

Thanks for the links!

"Gauntlet Hades (214B): no longer misses on crouching opponents, even in the corner" Hey! It can finally be used as an overhead, kinda.

I wonder what makes a character "honest" though. I remember Makoto being a big old pile of BS last time I played BB, but that was a long time ago. Tiers ping pong around a lot over the series. Like Rachel. Little sad to see Kagura so lower tier, he seemed kinda neat, noticed the patch threw a TON of buffs his way.

• Options
    Updated the post.

Honest means when you lose it's your own fault.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    I look forward to 3 weeks of "what are some basic Rose BNBs?" and "trying to pick up rose..." posts to the SRK boards and Reddit

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Just got home from Vegas. I'm going to pass out, possibly vomit, and then start making plans for next year because I can't wait to do it all again.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    this was the first time I watched EVO and the first time I've seen most of the games even played. I like fighting games but I only own MK9 and Injustice and haven't played them competitively. I was going to buy one of the games based on whichever one looked the coolest so I picked Mahvel

BlazBlue final was awesome but that game looks technical as fuck. Not sure I could even approach it.

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    No wonder I couldn't fall asleep last night, I didn't wait around for Spooky to set me free.

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    this was the first time I watched EVO and the first time I've seen most of the games even played. I like fighting games but I only own MK9 and Injustice and haven't played them competitively. I was going to buy one of the games based on whichever one looked the coolest so I picked Mahvel

BlazBlue final was awesome but that game looks technical as fuck. Not sure I could even approach it.
    Marvel 3 is the most technical fighting game being played in tournaments so uh... whoops

the least technical fighting game people actually play is Street Fighter 4. or Injustice, but Injustice community is very small and the game doesn't do a good job teaching people fundamentals

This discussion has been closed.