Options

Attention Citizens, Please Be On Alert for an Escaped [Super Hero Movie Thread].

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I am not one for retcons

But starfox and purple man should be retconned out of existance

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Sony Pictures Entertainment announced on Tuesday that its upcoming action comedy film Pixels will feature the video game characters Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Centipede, Galaga, Frogger, Q*bert, and Space Invaders. Several video game companies and license-holders, including Atari, Konami, Bandai Namco Games, Nintendo, Columbia Pictures Industries, Taito, and Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment, are collaborating with Sony Pictures on the film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou8vRWTSsJo

OH MAN THIS IS GOING TO BE AWESO-
    Chris Columbus (Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, Home Alone, Mrs. Doubtfire) is directing the feature about a former retro game champion who is summoned by the President of the United States to fend off an alien attack on Earth. Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Peter Dinklage, Josh Gad, and Brian Cox will star in the film, which is slated for summer 2015. The film is based on a short film Patrick Jean:

Oh....

Talk about taking the wind out of the sails.

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Didn't Starfox voluntarily give up his roofie powers when it turned out Thanos had brainwashed him into being unable to consciously control them?

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Apparently Vision is going to be a very big character they're pushing and will have a large role in Rage of Ultron

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Looks like Remender is bringing Vision back to the Avengers as a part of Axis.

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Incidentally re. New Avengers and Dr Strange
    I do feel that if you don't think Dr Strange wouldn't totally kill seven dudes to save an entire planet, well

We must have been reading different Dr Strange stories

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I just saw the "Cowabunga" TMNT trailer.

http://youtu.be/q6d_4FRoVtk

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Nocren wrote: »
    I just saw the "Cowabunga" TMNT trailer.

http://youtu.be/q6d_4FRoVtk

YES

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    r2ljvX6.jpg

i am so damn happy for remender and opena

i mean, i don't buy a lot of what he does, partly to money issues, but i am so happy to see indie guys hit the big time, even if it is working for marvel

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I got a job offer today! Which means I can actually afford to go see GOTG now.

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    leave the marvel sdcc stream going while I go eat

come back and I hear a very familiar voice

GRRM is being interviewed

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I mean I could see Starfox working if you completely and totally redesigned everything about him except for the connection to Thanos but why even bother messing with all that baggage

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    why bring Starfox to an Ultron story anyway

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    The CA article says that the story pits the Avengers against "Planet Ultron", which is formed when Ultron takes over the computer core in Titan...so there's the link, probably.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Seriously though, why hasn't Thanos just killed that guy already.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    what if the shazam movie is called captain marvel and goes up against marvel's captain marvel

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Then may god have mercy on us all

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Seriously though, why hasn't Thanos just killed that guy already.

Thanos loves death, probably thinks it's too good for him.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy crap. Maybe this should be in the movie thread, but eh...

http://www.slashfilm.com/pacific-rim-oculus-rift/

Pacific-Rim-Oculus-Rift-booth-550x824.jpg
    The Pacific Rim Jaegar Pilot experience begins with a Legendary employee handing out a “Jaegar Pilot” badge and putting an Oculus VR to put on your head. You can see del Toro in the equipment above. From there, headphones are placed over it and the greenish screen seen through the goggles begins to disappear.

The green drains out and you are standing in the head of a Jaeger. Look up? See the ceiling. Look down? See the mechanics of the massive body. Behind you? The back of the head. No matter where you turn, you are fully immersed in this world. The easiest way to describe it is imagine if you put a huge pair of smudged glasses on. You could still see everything around you. The floor, ceiling, but it just looks slightly unrealistic and digital. That’s Oculus. Except, in this case, it’s not your reality. This is the world of Pacific Rim.

I want that now.

Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    what if the shazam movie is called captain marvel and goes up against marvel's captain marvel
    They literally, legally, could not call it that

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    but anyway dwayne johnson as shazam will be the first superhero movie starring a person of color since catwoman and blade 3 in 2004

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Scott Snyder is still a pretty cool guy

• Options
    So I realized I posted the Pixels news in the wrong movie thread.

Do videogame-inspired movies count within the realm of superheroes or should I just move that post elsewhere?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    So I realized I posted the Pixels news in the wrong movie thread.

Do videogame-inspired movies count within the realm of superheroes or should I just move that post elsewhere?

it's SE++

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Fair enough.

My interest in the movie faded the second Sandler's name came up.

Dinkledge being involved just means lots of little people jokes at his expense, because Adam Sandler crossed the line between humorous and toxic long ago.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Joss Whedon says there are four major female characters in Age of Ultron

Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Maria Hill and ????????

Maybe

Carol Danvers?????

I'm pretty sure Cobie said her part is really small in this one, but I could be wrong. I know Fury's is small

And while it's also probably not a large part, we do know that
    Peggy
    is in it

• Options
    Sharon, maybe?

Romantic Cap subplot?

• Options
    Perhaps Pepper? We know that the studio loves putting loads of Iron Man stuff in there, even in the team movies

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Perhaps Pepper? We know that the studio loves putting loads of Iron Man stuff in there, even in the team movies

Maybe, she was in about 8 seconds of the first one. Maybe her role could be expanded this time around.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    My lack of comics knowledge is making me think of a whole different Starfox and that Starfox is cool as hell so I can't sit here and listen to all this Star Fox bashing

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    My lack of comics knowledge is making me think of a whole different Starfox and that Starfox is cool as hell so I can't sit here and listen to all this Star Fox bashing

No no, this is Starfox from Marvel:

picture-12.png

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Just to entertain an idea I have been growing over the past couple days...

How many issues of different series's does Marvel put out in a year?

Like for the Ultimate Universe, how many issues & collective books are put out?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

There were 3 Ultimate books after the latest relaunch, but one has already been cancelled, and another is looking pretty shaky. We may end up with only Ultimate Spider-Man

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

About an issue a month, per comic with about 50(?) or so comics. Sometimes it'll double ship. Some comics get a double-sized annual every year. Throw in a few miniseries and I'd say they'd easily break 600 issues a year.

Changes from year to year. Right now there's two Ultimate books (there was a third, but it got canceled). Back during the last relaunch there there 3 on-goings and a miniseries every 6 or so months.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

About an issue a month, per comic with about 50(?) or so comics. Sometimes it'll double ship. Some comics get a double-sized annual every year. Throw in a few miniseries and I'd say they'd easily break 600 issues a year.

Okay.

So for primary continuity it might break down to 50 comics with 12 issues each spread out over the year, culminating in around 600?

Hmm...

Yes, I can use this info well for my mind garden.

• Options
    Thanks folks!

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    A lot of comics ship more than once a month these days, I'd say most Marvel series probably ship 14-18 issues a year

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    the new ultimates being bad is so upsetting

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    the new ultimates being bad is so upsetting

there's the sense that there's a good comic in there somewhere, it's just not there yet

This discussion has been closed.