Options

Attention Citizens, Please Be On Alert for an Escaped [Super Hero Movie Thread].

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Legacy wrote: »
    Holy crap. Maybe this should be in the movie thread, but eh...

http://www.slashfilm.com/pacific-rim-oculus-rift/

Pacific-Rim-Oculus-Rift-booth-550x824.jpg
    The Pacific Rim Jaegar Pilot experience begins with a Legendary employee handing out a “Jaegar Pilot” badge and putting an Oculus VR to put on your head. You can see del Toro in the equipment above. From there, headphones are placed over it and the greenish screen seen through the goggles begins to disappear.

The green drains out and you are standing in the head of a Jaeger. Look up? See the ceiling. Look down? See the mechanics of the massive body. Behind you? The back of the head. No matter where you turn, you are fully immersed in this world. The easiest way to describe it is imagine if you put a huge pair of smudged glasses on. You could still see everything around you. The floor, ceiling, but it just looks slightly unrealistic and digital. That’s Oculus. Except, in this case, it’s not your reality. This is the world of Pacific Rim.

I want that now.

I hope they thought ahead and brought buckets.
    In case you don't know, the oculus induces simulation sickness in a lot of people.

Dedwrekka on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    It's not BAD like Iron Fist is bad. Just disappointing. Giannis Milonogiannis is dropping in for a couple issues soon, so I'm looking forward to that.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I really

Really like their jessica drew

Spider-Girl was one of my favorites of all time so

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Few things are as bad as Iron Fist

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Just to entertain an idea I have been growing over the past couple days...

How many issues of different series's does Marvel put out in a year?

Like for the Ultimate Universe, how many issues & collective books are put out?

Well if this list is accurate...

2013: 998 individual issues
    2012: 1.077
    2011: 1,333
    2010: 1,332
    2009: 1,327
    2008: 1,128
    2007: 1,046
    2006: 980
    2005: 940
    2004: 855

• Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I wish Bendis was writing that Ultimates book

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Just to entertain an idea I have been growing over the past couple days...

How many issues of different series's does Marvel put out in a year?

Like for the Ultimate Universe, how many issues & collective books are put out?

Well if this list is accurate...

2013: 998 individual issues
    2012: 1.077
    2011: 1,333
    2010: 1,332
    2009: 1,327
    2008: 1,128
    2007: 1,046
    2006: 980
    2005: 940
    2004: 855

That is... That is a lot more than 600.

My mind garden will have to accommodate.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I wish Bendis was writing that Ultimates book

Unfortunately even he can only write so many

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I was listening to Kavinsky while reading Batman earlier and now I want a Batman animated series with the music and color palette of Drive

• Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I was listening to Kavinsky while reading Batman earlier and now I want a Batman animated series with the music and color palette of Drive

I haven't seen drive but I've heard its basically hotline miami the movie so

yes

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Yo @Grey Ghost, have you ever seen the original pilot for Batman the animated series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnxu9CfeHN4

• Options
    Well it's way slower and moodier but the aesthetics are not dissimilar

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    those preview pictures of ??? synder's batman with bruce having that hair every cool white guy has right now had super saturated colors that sort of reminded me of hotline miami
    i have no idea what the book is actually like though

• Options
    those preview pictures of ??? synder's batman with bruce having that hair every cool white guy has right now had super saturated colors that sort of reminded me of hotline miami
    i have no idea what the book is actually like though

Yeah that's the Year Zero arc, which is what I'm reading
    I'm not a fan of Bruce's high-and-tight but the book is actually really fucking cool, and it's nice to see those kinds of colors in Gotham

• Options
    My dream superhero film would be a Batman film set during the 1920s.

Prohibition, tommy-guns, mobsters and Batman.

Just imagine the aesthetics!

the_great_gatsby_0.jpg
    The_Phantom_38042_Medium.jpg
    dicktracy-06.jpg
    dick-tracy-boardroom_510.jpg

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Yeah, Zero Year is rad and looks rad

ehSeNCC.jpg

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Can someone explain how this TMNT movie has six producers? I don't understand movies

and the director has made like six shitty films so far, right?

• Options
    My dream superhero film would be a Batman film set during the 1920s.

Prohibition, tommy-guns, mobsters and Batman.

Just imagine the aesthetics!

the_great_gatsby_0.jpg
    The_Phantom_38042_Medium.jpg
    dicktracy-06.jpg
    dick-tracy-boardroom_510.jpg

32hIpbi.png

?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I want to go back and put Jack Donaghy in place of Alec Baldwin in The Shadow

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I really liked The Shadow movie.

And I REALLY liked that it introduced me to the character and the large selection of pulp stories and radio shows.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    That IS Jack Donaghy. It's filmed on 35mm, which would be at least as good as an HD camera.

• Options
    The Shadow movie had potential but didn't live up to it
    I think an inevitable reboot could be pretty cool

• Options
    Can you imagine Alec Baldwin from the 90's as Bruce Wayne?
    theshadow17.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I too really liked the Shadow movie. I even dressed as him for Halloween.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    did someone mention pulp stories in the comic book thread?

that is all the motivation I need to suggest people check out The Black Beetle by Francesco Francavilla, the art wizard behind Afterlife With Archie

22-593-8.jpgTheBlackBeetle_NoWayOut_01_preview.jpg

The first story is already out in trade, and there's a new one starting soon

• Options
    God, that looks so fucking cool.

I really need to pick up The Black Beetle.

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I dunno if they came out around the same time or anything, but The Shadow and The Phantom (starring Billy Zane!) will forever be entwined in my mind

• Options
    They were like a year apart
    The Phantom is another one where I love the character but the movie disappointed me

The Phantom straight up sucked

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    I dunno if they came out around the same time or anything, but The Shadow and The Phantom (starring Billy Zane!) will forever be entwined in my mind

One night in college a bunch of the film majors got together to drink and watch Meteor Man, The Phantom and The Stranger.

We drank and laughed so much we didn't even realize the sun had come up.

Which was inconvenient when we opened the door and our eyes started burning.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have all of the Shadow toys,

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »
    Yeah, Zero Year is rad and looks rad

ehSeNCC.jpg

Greg Capullo's art is fucking baller, but any time he draws actual eyes the people look so tired

• Options
    Jack Donaghy quotes that can be used by Bruce Wayne
    "Every time I meet a new person, I figure out how I’m gonna fight ‘em."

"Ambition is the willingness to kill the things you love and eat them to survive. Haven’t you ever read my throw pillow?"

"When it comes to hair, no one is more bitchy than conservative males."

"What happened in your childhood to make you believe people are good?"

• Options
    Can someone explain how this TMNT movie has six producers? I don't understand movies

4 I think

Sometimes people make bad movies before they make good movies

I don't know how the producer thing works though

• Options

Producers... Well they help in the production of the film...?

• Options
    Various producers are responsible for hearing pitches or finding screenwriters or securing funding or what have you
    Making sure all the elements are in place, essentially

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    The animation on this is pretty damn slick

New Transformers series teaser

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=683133768423487

Ceno on
  • Options
    Ceno wrote: »

oh my god those faces

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

4 I think

Sometimes people make bad movies before they make good movies

I don't know how the producer thing works though

for example, James Gunn wrote the Scooby-Doo movies

• Options
    also, GotG is currently sitting at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes with 19 reviews so far

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

oh my god those faces

It's about what I expected of a 2D/cell shaded Prime.
    Wonder what kind of role the kid's gonna play, and I hope that transformation sequence doesn't happen EVERY time.

newSig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.