As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Analog Random Number Generators (Tabletop Thread)

• Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Did someone say Orks?

nKrusha.jpg

Synthetic Orange on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    kh16.jpg

Weaver on
  • PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2007
    Holy shit! That's so fucking awesome.

SO, that one you posted is also sweet.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    do people even still play epic

Pony on
  • Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    yes

it's one of the best gw games next to bfg and mordheim

Anime Owns on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    Did someone say Orks?

nKrusha.jpg

this

is

tits

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Did someone say Orks?

nKrusha.jpg

this

is

tits

I don't know why, but it makes me think Tau-inspired. Maybe the fact that it's more accurate to the Orky form than the typical dred.

DarkHawke on
  • SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    do people even still play epic
    It seems to have a pretty big online following but stumbling across an opponent in the real world would be pretty unlikely. Better to give it a go if you have a bunch of friends you can rely upon to buy in with you.

I'd love to play Epic with Tyranids. I feel they're just built for that sort of scale rather than 40k skirmishes.

SUPERSUGA on
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I actually have most of an Epic eldar army that one of my friends in high school got me to buy (pre-owned) so that he would have someone to play against.

we played maybe four games, max.

It was still fun, and I wouldn't have spent that $150 any other way.

most of it is unpainted though. I never got around to it, and the guy before me only did some of it, kinda sloppily (then again, TINY SHIT).

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
    edited June 2007
    The idea of painting epic scale stuff scares the hell out of me.

SUPERSUGA on
  • monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Guys, I'm really starting to love RoleMasters.

Like, it's pretty much replacing World of Darkness for me.

monsterror on
    edited June 2007
    Tell me about RoleMasters.

SUPERSUGA on
  • trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i don't like the way the tau play at all

you've got an army with high mobility, high strength-weapons, and enormous range, and all anyone does is turtle in the deployment zone and pick things off with their 72' inch range S10 Broadsides

real fun to play against

Really? Wow that must suck, personally I have yet to have less than half my army at the end of a game against them and I have yet to fail wiping out a Tau army before the end of the fourth turn.

I play 'nids though, so maybe that's a factor.

I just use cover, cover, cover and get close enough to chew on the wimpy ET's inside.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

edited June 2007
    Seems most people complain about The Necrons and Tau.

It's weird because I think the most deadly, annoying and overpowered of armies is the Eldar. How come no one ever complains about them. They can do loops around the board and pew pew pew

trentsteel on

• monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    SUPERSUGA wrote: »
    Tell me about RoleMasters.

It's your typical dungeon crawler, but still fun. I think the thing I like most is when you make your character, you roll a fate. The fate can be anything, really. Like, bonuses to certain skills, diseases, etc.

For instance, my buddy made a tank. HUGE 8 food man, covered in hair, and all that, but he ended up rolling a fate of hemophilia.

monsterror on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    trentsteel wrote: »

It's weird because I think the most deadly, annoying and overpowered of armies is the Eldar. How come no one ever complains about them. They can do loops around the board and pew pew pew

I complain about all of the above. If I'm not on a cover heavy map any one of those can destroy me.

Straightzi on
  • Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gigglio wrote: »
    yes

Its funny how all the best GW games are the ones with the least support behind them.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
    edited June 2007
    Quetzi wrote: »

I complain about all of the above. If I'm not on a cover heavy map any one of those can destroy me.

Make some damn cover, Quetzi.

trentsteel on

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007

Make some damn cover, Quetzi.

Sometimes people are dicks and they don't want to use all the cover I have sitting around. And it's not like 'nids have cheap tanks that can make impromptu cover (although I have thought about making a carnifex that soaks up wounds to march in front of my troops. Problem is, my troops are all faster than a 'fex).

Straightzi on
  • Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Gigglio wrote: »
    yes

Its funny how all the best GW games are the ones with the least support behind them.

at least this way GW can't screw anything up

Anime Owns on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007

Their units cost about 18+ points each and die when a strong breeze hits them.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    guys you know what i wish was actually a full, real game?

Inquisitor

shit had potential.

Pony on
  • Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Hopefully the MMO (if it ever gets anywhere) will play like a working version of Inquisitor.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    i am not letting the ig player set up cover ever again

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Fuck page 97

Weaver on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    haha.

Yeah.

Cover is the IG player's greatest resource.

Der Waffle Mous on
    edited June 2007
    especially when he sets up maybe six big patches of it in his quarter of the table

still, it was fun getting my ass kicked

Cosmic Sombrero on
    edited June 2007
    WHY wrote: »
    haha.

Yeah.

Really? Whenever I play IG they are all, "No I want huge open plains."

Straightzi on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    haha.

Yeah.

mechanized?

PiptheFair on
    edited June 2007
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    haha.

Yeah.

mechanized?

No I think it is because of what I am playing most likely. I'd just never realized they liked cover, because everyone is against cover when I'm playing.

Straightzi on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    haha.

Yeah.

mechanized?

No I think it is because of what I am playing most likely. I'd just never realized they liked cover, because everyone is against cover when I'm playing.

even against nid's, IG should still want to entrench and just lay down fire

PiptheFair on
  • FrowbakkFrowbakk Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    haha.

Yeah.

mechanized?

even against nid's, IG should still want to entrench and just lay down fire

Lemme guess - the Chameloline '"Everyone has a 4+ cover save all the time, so suck it" army?

Frowbakk on
    Your sig was too tall.
    edited June 2007
    IG would especially want cover versus Nids so they'd strike first in close combat

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    IG usually benefit from cover because of their mediocre armor saves. The opponent's armor saves usually aren't so important considering their standard guns can't penetrate armor anyway.

When they say that want 'huge open plains', they're talking about firing lines and choke points. They want clear lines of sight to shoot their targets, and force them to stay close together on their approach. If you've got staggered terrain , you can sneak melee shit right into their troops, or at least use 5+ or 4+ saves against their heavy weapons.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Working on some ammo grottage to go with my Tankbusta nob:

ammogrot1.jpg

ammogrot2.jpg

ammogrot3.jpg

ammogrot4.jpg

ammogrot5.jpg

It's not bad - I'm happy with most of it, save for the engine turbine bit. I'd be willing to leave it alone, but I'm just not sure - I'm considering getting greenstuff and capping it off as a huge rokkit shell or something.

Ein on
  • KarnackKarnack Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    that's pretty awesome ein

alright, I bought a squad and commander of necrons, painted 'em up, got my interest piqued in warhammer again in that I was a better painter than I thought.

well fuck

I decided that necrons are cool as hell but I'd like to go with an army where there is more to 'em, more varied units. So I've decided between IG and Dogs of War (and although 40k got me into it I gotta say the warhammer mmo has gotten me more than willing to play an original warhammer army)

so in terms of varied units, fun to paint, and greenstuffability (not totally concerned with powerful here, I doubt I'll be playing anytime soon) between the two of 'em, which is better for it?

Karnack on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Greenstuff that turbine into looking like a huge bomb. Paint "Plan B" on the side.

Thats just my suggestion.

Marathon on
  • EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Marathon: Yes. Awesome. I'll definitely paint it up like that.

Finished ammo grot with his nob:

tbnob6.jpg

tbnob7.jpg

tbnob8.jpg

tbnob9.jpg

What do you guys think? I'm going to be painting them both relatively soon for a painting contest I'm in. :)

Ein on
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Looks great. Seeing your various projects always makes me want to pick up some 40k Orcs.

Marathon on
    edited June 2007
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    IG usually benefit from cover because of their mediocre armor saves. The opponent's armor saves usually aren't so important considering their standard guns can't penetrate armor anyway.

When they say that want 'huge open plains', they're talking about firing lines and choke points. They want clear lines of sight to shoot their targets, and force them to stay close together on their approach. If you've got staggered terrain , you can sneak melee shit right into their troops, or at least use 5+ or 4+ saves against their heavy weapons.
    Yeah, pretty much. It's not even the chameleoline, it's more that IG is the static gunline army, and being in cover pretty much allows them to actually get an armor save in a game where most armies have AP5 standard.

Der Waffle Mous on
This discussion has been closed.