As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

GIANT BOMB 2: THE OFFICIAL FANTHREAD FOR THE BARENAKED LADIES

196979899100102»

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    sleep disorders, in general, are the worst

I really value having sober and lucid perception, and the kind of disassociation that sleep trubbs bring on is something I never want to experience again

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    uh

uh

I just read something very unsettling on the wikipedia article for public display of affection

I SHOULD NOT HAVE READ THIS

We're talking about the Manchu thing, right? Because geeze.

• Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    T4CT wrote: »
    i was goin to go to bed but instead i booted up pc ffxiv so i could take a screenshot without having to tweet it

tcFM5Am

@Zay wait do you own multiple copies of this game on different platforms

yes but it's the same account

i got it for the ps4 first and then when it was on steam sale for $15 i got to get pc privilege for my account, and the pc version also came with a free month so it was basically getting pc access with my first month sub anyway

ohh ok

you're in the prime position for me to ask which one is better, then

• Options
    ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    food, huh

thanks to my good friend Dr. Gary, that unbelievable piece of love snerky finally had a burrito for the first time, cooked by Beasteh‌

he didn't like it

What was in the burrito

the usual, and i believe also had the choice of chicken OR beef

i'm so mad that snerks didn't like it

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I liked the Sherlock Holmes movies

But not exactly for their stunning accuracy to the Doyle style

I think they're closer in spirit than other screen adaptions have been, with some caveats

I mean Watson is an actual fleshed out character and not a portly audience insert going BY JOVE HOLMES IT'S A CLUE GUVNOR

Holmes is a weird eccentric who's kind of a dick, which is way more in line with the original canon than any adaption that features a deerstalker

He's even something of a martial artist in the original stories; it's mostly happening off screen, and it's not as frequent as Ritchie has it appear, but there are definitely times in the stories when Sherlock shows back up to talk to Watson, looks beat up, and explains that he managed to procure some information from a barfight

I mean he threw Moriarty off of a cliff using a rare form of Japanese wrestling

The only real problem I have is with Irene Adler, though I've yet to see any adaption really utilize her in a way that wasn't "Well make her Catwoman I guess???"

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I hate red onions, especially uncooked. Yellow and white I can eat raw, but screw red. Grilled/carmelized onions though are the best and I'll take those over raw anytime. Also Blooming Onions are a great appetizer even though you're literally eating a deep fried onion.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Zay?????

• Options
    @T4CT‌ hemlock grove end season 1 spoiler
    It's because it's a genetic and decision component. They're born with it and they have to die by their own hand.

oh this makes sense

fucking weird

• Options
    SimBen wrote: »
    Update on the movie Geth decided I should watch

Guy Ritchie's Sherlock Holmes is still probably one of the best adaptions of the character and history will vindicate Robert Downey Jr as the One True Sherlock

A Game of Shadows is shit, though.

I love Game of Shadows

but yeah it isn't great

• Options
    food, huh

thanks to my good friend Dr. Gary, that unbelievable piece of love snerky finally had a burrito for the first time, cooked by Beasteh‌

he didn't like it

What was in the burrito

snerky is awful at everything how did you expect his tastebuds to be good at tasting

• Options
    Snerky "looks-at-a-window-and-says-'this is like a TV but with real life happening in front of it' " Snerkington

• Options
    i was goin to go to bed but instead i booted up pc ffxiv so i could take a screenshot without having to tweet it

tcFM5Am

i got it for the ps4 first and then when it was on steam sale for $15 i got to get pc privilege for my account, and the pc version also came with a free month so it was basically getting pc access with my first month sub anyway

ohh ok

well unless you've got a pc that you're confident can outpace a ps4, i'd say ps4 is fine

controller ABSOLUTELY takes some getting used to, but once you do it works great, and i have a USB keyboard for chatting

otherwise they're basically the same. SSD would be great for load times while doing the latest and worst addition to the game but they're plenty fast on ps4

really i'd probably just go with whichever you'd rather play on, the differences between the versions aren't huge and i like to play on my tv without having to hook hdmi into my laptop

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    I go outside to smoke, and sometimes on a cool quiet night I end up seeing things on the edge of my vision that my mind fills in with a monster stalking me. Sometimes I look over at it because I know I'm just freaking myself out. But sometimes just the pure thought of looking up and for once being wrong scares the shit out of me.

No I don't.
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular

I think they're closer in spirit than other screen adaptions have been, with some caveats

I mean Watson is an actual fleshed out character and not a portly audience insert going BY JOVE HOLMES IT'S A CLUE GUVNOR

Holmes is a weird eccentric who's kind of a dick, which is way more in line with the original canon than any adaption that features a deerstalker

He's even something of a martial artist in the original stories; it's mostly happening off screen, and it's not as frequent as Ritchie has it appear, but there are definitely times in the stories when Sherlock shows back up to talk to Watson, looks beat up, and explains that he managed to procure some information from a barfight

The only real problem I have is with Irene Adler, though I've yet to see any adaption really utilize her in a way that wasn't "Well make her Catwoman I guess???"

None of this is incorrect, it's just that the movies are full on action blockbuster flicks. The short stories are definitely not that. Much more procedural than blockbuster.

• Options
    food, huh

he didn't like it

What was in the burrito

snerky is awful at everything how did you expect his tastebuds to be good at tasting

this is true, he's not even good at....

yugi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkJezm-V7EM

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • Options

tcFM5Am

ohh ok

well unless you've got a pc that you're confident can outpace a ps4, i'd say ps4 is fine

controller ABSOLUTELY takes some getting used to, but once you do it works great, and i have a USB keyboard for chatting

otherwise they're basically the same. SSD would be great for load times while doing the latest and worst addition to the game but they're plenty fast on ps4

really i'd probably just go with whichever you'd rather play on, the differences between the versions aren't huge and i like to play on my tv without having to hook hdmi into my laptop

k cool 'cause i feel like the PS4 version is the one for me, it's gonna run better than my PC and I also like TV screens much better. plus then I can easily play from bed

• Options
    i'm terrified that ants will crawl on me in my sleep

• Options

None of this is incorrect, it's just that the movies are full on action blockbuster flicks. The short stories are definitely not that. Much more procedural than blockbuster.

Oh, yeah, I can see that. The short stories were much smaller in scope. Some of the novels were close to big budget blockbusters, though.

I was just thinking when I was watching the behind the scenes stuff, and they talked about "recapturing the scope of the original stories", that I would actually love a two hour movie that was just Holmes and Watson solving a single murder mystery without any big fight scenes

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I think one of the weirder things about dealing with depression

For me any way

Is that after a while that starts to feel like a part of your identity

I am in part "a depressed person"

And it makes actual like, solutions feel weird and uncomfortable because oh no we are fucking with a part of my identity!

Like these past two days if being on an anti depressant has been a constant cycle of "huh I feel pretty good right now" -> "I wonder of it's the pills" -> "it can't be they don't work that fast they have to build up in your system for a few weeks" -> "then why do I feel pretty alright" -> "because you're placebo effecting" -> "well heck does it matter why" -> "yes it does you're not REALLY any better you just think you are" -> "buuuuut the problem is entirely mental and internal so if I think it's solved doesn't that sort of definitionally mean that it is" -> "no it's not real stop it" -> "why would I stop feeling okay" -> "because you don't, really" -> "says who"

On and on rorever

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2014
This discussion has been closed.