Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Art & Animation Journey of LEGACY - [[NSFW]- GIF Heavy!]

1235»

• LegacyGameLegacyGame Registered User regular
    edited March 18
    Expect some 3D sculpting soon™

tumblr_omy1seuT131sg3x5go2_500.jpg
    tumblr_omy1seuT131sg3x5go1_500.jpg
    tumblr_omy1seuT131sg3x5go4_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_omy1seuT131sg3x5go6_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_omy1seuT131sg3x5go8_r1_500.jpg

LegacyGame on
    some practice in zbrush before diving into the environment stuff

tumblr_onbrptF7ES1sg3x5go2_r3_500.png
    tumblr_onbrptF7ES1sg3x5go1_r1_400.jpg

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    That's quite a long neck!

I wish I was as proficient in 2d and 3d as you are, its impressive to have a skillset in both.

Iruka wrote: »
    That's quite a long neck!

I wish I was as proficient in 2d and 3d as you are, its impressive to have a skillset in both.

They're just another tool, albeit some are not user friendly but if you're into it traditionally you can do it digitally

• IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    Do you sculpt traditionally? Or do you just think 2d skills transfer?

The software on the 3d side is a damn nightmare, but I'm slowly getting used to blender. I've personally not done much sculpting traditionally, and when I do it also turns out a bit wonky, so maybe I'm just not a structurally sound artist.

Iruka wrote: »
    Do you sculpt traditionally? Or do you just think 2d skills transfer?

The software on the 3d side is a damn nightmare, but I'm slowly getting used to blender. I've personally not done much sculpting traditionally, and when I do it also turns out a bit wonky, so maybe I'm just not a structurally sound artist.

I've never done proper traditional sculpting although I've definitely busted out some sculpts during math class with blue tack and melted erasers, they were about the size of my thumb. You'll go less crazy learning programs when you know you can do the thing in other mediums, when I was learning 3D animation, I was still shit at animation anyway but that causes a dual problem when you don't know if it's the program or your ability as an artist causing problems.

All skills in anything, not just art, will transfer in a positive way somehow, they'll give you perspective on your workflow in ways you weren't aware of. I didn't learn stringent time management till I became a cleaner, and then I learned to make decisions/plans based on expected returns after gambling for a while and figuring out progressive strategies take too long to execute.

3D helped me think more logically approaching problems, 2D helped me think more creatively, they're each good on their own but together it's a whole new world!

Aladdin-A-Whole-New-World-princess-jasmine-18043691-450-258.jpg

Iruka
    long necks in fashion, legacy elves are here to stay

tumblr_ong3p07SHu1sg3x5go2_r1_540.jpg

Angel_of_BaconDoodmann
    got started on the important stuff

tumblr_oneljnkEof1sg3x5go1_540.png

tumblr_oneljnkEof1sg3x5go4_r1_400.pngtumblr_oneljnkEof1sg3x5go3_r2_400.jpg

Low polys in the engine renderer