As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SDCC Pins???

GerzzogGerzzog OhioRegistered User regular
So I have heard rumors that there will be pins at San Diego Comic Con. Is this true or is it still speculation?

• Options
    PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    This is true. A new Set, looking similar to the old "E3 Sketchbook" comics. Any leftover will be online.

• Options
    AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Kiko did not take my twitter bait to post a picture of the set : /

guess we are waiting until CC to see them

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Sigh... >.> guess i'll have to find some one to get me a set or be Johnny on the spot online.

• Options
    Dont stress, although its at Comic-con first, its known as the "Summer set" by PA Staff. I can almost guarantee it will be up in the store for quite a while.

My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Sketch set images in the most recent post from Mike: http://penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/07/21/san-diego-comic-con4

Cowpuppy on
    Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Options
    InsaneloonInsaneloon Jefferson City, MissouriRegistered User regular
    Man those look sweet! I can't wait to get a couple sets of those.

• Options
    CowpuppyCowpuppy Squirrel Squad (EAST) Registered User regular
    I dislike how they all appear to have the same square silhouette, but I like the sketches themselves. Of course, every time I've grumbled about pin artwork, I end up falling in love with the actual product. So I'll reserve judgment until I have them in my grubby little hands :) Though now that I think more about it, this would be a good set to split up for display purposes, have Gabe/Tycho-themed displays with a sketch pin as an anchor. Hmm, okay, I went from Debbie Downer to optimistic in five sentences.

Pins! Pins everywhere!
    Looking for Pins: DLC

There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?
  • Options
    timebeingtimebeing Registered User regular
    Any guess on the print run since its a SDCC "exclusive"?

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I honestly am not a fan of the design. But I'll buy them anyways.

Goddamn squirrels.

• Options
    timebeing wrote: »
    Any guess on the print run since its a SDCC "exclusive"?

I have asked Brian, and now we wait.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Is this annoying anybody else?..... Tycho's face on the bottom right is looking LEFT!!! Both Gabes are left and to add some symmetry Tychos should be facing RIGHT! Also the pencils should be on different corners to sort of box them all in.......

I'm not crazy you guys...

Ayefkay on

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Also I asked them about getting a print of the PAX east program cover after east this year and they told me that they don't have access to the graphics, but that it would be awesome if there was a print. Now they are making it a poster that you can only get at a con I can't go to. Lol FML.

Gerzzog on
  • Options
    orthancstoneorthancstone TexasRegistered User regular
    PAX South 2018 - Jan 12-14!
    Pins!
  • Options
    mightyh0bbesmightyh0bbes Subterranean Arcadian SeattleRegistered User regular
    Gerzzog wrote: »
    Also I asked them about getting a print of the PAX east program cover after east this year and they told me that they don't have access to the graphics, but that it would be awesome if there was a print. Now they are making it a poster that you can only get at a con I can't go to. Lol FML.

I'm sure it will be up on the store after the event, the pins will be why shouldn't the posters be?

www.paxsignaturegenerator.com:8080/signature.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    promo_sketch01.jpg

promo_sketch02.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    When I first saw the design I was on the fence about this set. But after seeing pictures of the actual pins, OKAY, I WANT THEM!

• Options
    Ajaxon wrote: »
    When I first saw the design I was on the fence about this set. But after seeing pictures of the actual pins, OKAY, I WANT THEM!

It is quite bizarre that it seems to be the norm now: Pins announced, we are intrigued; we see the flat designs and get a little nervous; we see the actual Pins and they are awesome.

Personally I would love to know how these ones are manufactured. It looks like the pencil and the main square are filled in, and the faces are stamped.

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    Every time a new set is released, I get excited. Every time a set like this, that is at an event that I can not attend, even if I wanted to, I have this freak out that I may not be able to get these pins. Especially with the ridiculous ebay mark up that will occur. "But Q, the left overs will be put up on the website afterwards, don't fret!". How many will that be? When will that be? I don't have a job that lets me sit in front of the computer all day and camp the stuff I want.

I guess you could say I'm having a Pin-ic attack.

• Options
    AjaxonAjaxon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Personally I would love to know how these ones are manufactured. It looks like the pencil and the main square are filled in, and the faces are stamped.
    Erika posted something on the official Pinny Arcade site:

We wanted to capture the look and feel of an artist’s sketchbook as best we could, and personally, I think they came out fantastic. The art is screen printed on which allowed us to keep the rough and sketchy character of the lifework.

• Options
    Q, let me assuage your fears. Not a single pin that has been offered on the website, save the Limited Editions, has sold out. Not the holiday sets, or even the KI Fightstick that was at East. These are super awesome looking and I'm very excited to get them, but if the past couple years has shown us anything it's that you'll be able to get these at your leisure.

• Options
    Insaneloon wrote: »
    Q, let me assuage your fears. Not a single pin that has been offered on the website, save the Limited Editions, has sold out. Not the holiday sets, or even the KI Fightstick that was at East. These are super awesome looking and I'm very excited to get them, but if the past couple years has shown us anything it's that you'll be able to get these at your leisure.
    This is true, but comic-con is a weird beast. It really comes down to how many they made. These are looking to be limited, so even if they hit the web, I'm guessing there are not going to be a ton of them.

• Options
    ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I'm convincing myself that demand for these pins will be fairly low at SDCC. PAX is built around the empire that Mike and Jerry created, but at Comic Con they are small potatoes.

That's the lie I tell myself anyways.

• Options
    I think they wouldve been better with two other characters tbh, or even two full body sketches instead of two of each face. Great concept though.

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    FitzchivalryFitzchivalry PAXAUS Cookie Brigade Coordinator Orrstrahleeeeah mate!Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I find it more amusing that Brian admitted he is bringing a DLC to trade, and that Jerry said he was bringing Aus pins to trade.
    I FORESEE BLOODSHED @ SDCC. (and tears). ;)

Fitzchivalry on
  • Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular
    Just got back from ComiCon. I can verify there is a DLC there. Apparently Mike is going to make someone do something to get it... Intentionally vague, but good luck to whoever gets a shot at it!

BTW, I got an extra set of signed sketchbook pins for podcast prizes. Listen to the next episode for details on how to win them :)

• Options
    Report for day 0. Got my sketch pins (and an extra) and did some trading (got garuke, hearthstone, and 2012 zombie tycho)

One thing I did learned is Xmas and Halloween are going away soon after the show. The few that are left maybe taken to AUX since shipping is so high. Give them a chance to get the.

• Options
    darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    Report for day 0. Got my sketch pins (and an extra) and did some trading (got garuke, hearthstone, and 2012 zombie tycho)

One thing I did learned is Xmas and Halloween are going away soon after the show. The few that are left maybe taken to AUX since shipping is so high. Give them a chance to get the.
    Did anyone get the DLC?

My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
  • Options
    darkinfero wrote: »

Did anyone get the DLC?
    DLC is gone just a FYI. I got my sets.

My Pin collection
  • Options
    FrostbyteFrostbyte Registered User regular

What did they have to do for it?

• Options
    Frostbyte wrote: »

What did they have to do for it?

I don't know what they did for it. I know someone waited for it and they wanted to put it on ebay.

My Pin collection
  • Options
    It really baffles me that at this present time, several of you now have the new set and there are NO PHOTOS!

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    Just got my set plus 2 more for a friend who couldn't go to SDCC. I can grab an extra set if someone could trade me sets from previous years

• Options
    ZeusheroZeushero PAX -E-ast Registered User regular
    Here is a pic http://imgur.com/bpMpdBA

• Options
    Hmm '2014' sketch set, maybe more designs in future?

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    Seems reasonable that they keep the option available. I love the design of these and look forward to seeing more in the future.

• Options
    Maybe its just my art thats messy as all hell, but i would like to see more sketch lines in a 'sketch' set, if theres one comment i would put to this is that they look kind of clean. Theyre obviously dealing with size and detail though, so maybe that wouldnt translate well

8fuuo_RK.png
  • Options
    One thing nobody has said yet: Did you notice it is in a plastic bag?

• Options
    QumadenQumaden World's Mightiest Mortal Registered User regular
    I wouldn't like a pin that looks like a napkin sketch. I like that it has the "feel" of a sketch without looking too rough.

Secondly, I may not like a napkin sketch, but would still buy it...

• Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Did anyone see the Blizzard pins? I guess they're doing their own in blind bags - us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14917278/san-diego-comic-con-blizzard-showcase-panel-recap-7-24-2014

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    thx42 wrote: »
    Did anyone see the Blizzard pins? I guess they're doing their own in blind bags - us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14917278/san-diego-comic-con-blizzard-showcase-panel-recap-7-24-2014

I didn't watch the video on that page. Are those official Pinny Arcade ones or just a Blizzard thing?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85