As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo 3] Season 1 in progress. Dare you enter this RNG realm?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    I'd assume drop resource cost for cooldown reduction (when paired with akkhan bonuses)

Yeah I had that thought too after I posted, will probably go that route.

• shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Just don't reroll the damage range as you are pretty near the top anyway. Cooldown reduction will probably serve you the best.

• ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Thoughts on what I should re-roll on this in preparation for next patch?

[Darklight]

I'm thinking reroll %damage to try to get 9 or 10% or reroll the damage range.
    Depending on your CD% resource cost into CDR seems like the easiest change unless resource cost has suddenly become the new thing in 2.1.

Otherwise has anything new been said about the item that straight up adds a socket to weapons or is that still a thing?

• HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Column wrote: »

[Darklight]

Depending on your CD% resource cost into CDR seems like the easiest change unless resource cost has suddenly become the new thing in 2.1.

Otherwise has anything new been said about the item that straight up adds a socket to weapons or is that still a thing?

you mean ramabinladen's gift? They fixed it on the PTR to where now it does as it should, just gives a weapon a socket that doesn't have one. It's just that when 2.1 goes live, even though it can be found anywhere, it'll still be a top of the line rare drop.

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Smoogy wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    Scosglen wrote: »
    -Gargantuan

-Skill Rune - Wrathful Protector
    -Bug Fixes
    -Fixed an issue that caused the Gargantuan summoned by this Skill Rune to receive a greater damage bonus from Attack Speed than intended
    Noooooooooo!

So in an unprecedented turn of events, late last night my HC WD finally got a Mask of Jeram off Kadala. I had literally gambled nothing but helmets with my hardcore blood shards, and over 100 plvls worth of shards later, I finally got the one damn helmet I wanted. So between SC and HC, I was over 20k blood shards spent before I got an item I actually ended up using. Awful.

And then in classic D3 RNG feast or famine fashion, the next rift I did after getting my Jeram, a Thunderfury dropped. Finally I'm using a level 70 weapon.

Now I'm not sure what to gamble on moving forward. My WD is finally in a decent place as far as having the key pieces to a pet build. I definitely have some crappy pieces that need to be updated, but I think some of those might be slots I'll want to fill with crafted stuff? I have a decent Jeram, T&T, Tall Man's Finger, and Stone of Jordan. I have an Uhkapian Serpent, but I like the convenience of TotD since I'm not playing in Torment yet.

I know gambling on amulets sucks, but I feel like there are much better amulets out there (would love a Countess Julia's or similar) than what I have now compared to some of my other mediocre pieces that are probably better replaced with crafted things.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts are that you should be playing in Torment! With MoJ, Taskers, TMF, SoJ, you could do it. Craft up the three piece Aughilds (shoulders, chest, bracers) and then the two piece cain legs and boots - you'll be sitting rather pretty.
    Hardcore is scary! My toughness isn't that high...

I guess I'll look into those set pieces. Might hold out for 2.1 on some of the crafting since I thought they were reducing some of the mat costs. What do you think I should be gambling then since those pieces are intended to be covered by crafting?

forty on
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    what's your hp/armor/allres/-elitedmgreduction forty

you've got to be torment 1 ready at least with all that gear

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    Umm, I'm not sure. My toughness is between 5 and 6 million, no elite damage reduction yet. I know that's "enough" for T1 but it feels low and risky for hardcore. Seems like people are usually talking about having 10 million or more, although I guess they're probably using a shield...

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    HooverFan wrote: »

[Darklight]

you mean ramabinladen's gift? They fixed it on the PTR to where now it does as it should, just gives a weapon a socket that doesn't have one. It's just that when 2.1 goes live, even though it can be found anywhere, it'll still be a top of the line rare drop.
    Ouch.... So apart from T&T's and SMK that I haven't seen a whiff of in 500 hours played I'll also have to pray for some more or less necessary one-time use thing that have the roughly same droprate? :(

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Junlea wrote: »
    Tef wrote: »
    I'd really like to get a carnevil at some point even if it's not BiS, meaning I have to play on a lower torment. Army of blow dart fetishes sounds fun as heck

In other news, my friend is running an EP monk who alread has fist of az and crimson. He should be gambling shards for the laws of seph as a priority, yeah? We (me on WD, him on monk) are clearing t5 rifts in about 15-20 minutes with maybe 3 - 8 deaths between us (depending on how unlucky we get with layouts and elite affixes), is that considered efficient enough or would it make more sense for us to run t4s quicker with little to no deaths?

Oh! Also, thanks for the rifts yesterday guys. That triple WD strat was great fun. I was salivating at the gear on display. Hopefully I'll get an SMK/TnT One Day

If you care about efficiency, then you should probably be doing T4. Most people aim to finish a rift in 8-10 minutes so 20minutes with multiple deaths might be a bit above your gear level right now.

However, if you find that challenge of T5 more fun, then that's all that really matters.

Cool, thanks for that.

With this in mind, I think I'll probably run T4s solo and leave the t5s for group play

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • RaziyaRaziya An Scrub VermontRegistered User regular
    So I got a really well rolled Rhen'ho Flayer...on my crusader. :P Time to level that level 1 WD!

156594_03fef74545a6b3c8.png
    Current obsession: Overwatch Battle.net: Raziya#1552
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »

[Darklight]

Ouch.... So apart from T&T's and SMK that I haven't seen a whiff of in 500 hours played I'll also have to pray for some more or less necessary one-time use thing that have the roughly same droprate? :(

Well, I doubt it's "necessary" so.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Man 6 piece Akkhan is incredible. I've only got 37% CDR so I've got about 9 seconds downtime on Champ but even then I'm stomping through T4 even in my highly mediocre gear.

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Man 6 piece Akkhan is incredible. I've only got 37% CDR so I've got about 9 seconds downtime on Champ but even then I'm stomping through T4 even in my highly mediocre gear.

This is why people prioritize CDR over stuff like IAS, CHC, and CHD even in rings. The Firestarter rune is a huge DPS boost, and even the other runes like Prophet stand up pretty well if you're lacking in other areas (although Firestarter is clearly the best rune). It's pretty difficult to get perma-cooldown Akkhan if you're using a 2-hander, but if you can keep it below ~5 seconds then you're pretty much set.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    I've noticed the trick with non-perma-champion is to make sure your have some distance between you and CC loaded mobs when it's down. The CC immunity is the biggest defensive baseline advantage and it extremely useful against anything that has CC. I'm sure perma-champion with prophet is great, but if I were running an immortal shotgun build, I'd be shooting for the perma-champion more for being able to ignore the CC of stuff I'm killing, than to be able to afford to die once every 20s, without actually dying.

I've found most of the time, when I die and it's not a matter of pushing my gear on a toon. It's because I eat a CC that prevents me from getting away something that is incredibly dangerous. Granted for melee, sometimes the CC immunity is of little use because you get surrounded by mobs that prevent you from getting out of a mess of arcane sentries, frozen damage and thunderstorm and for whatever reason you don't have a means to just go through the mobs (no illusionary boots, steed charge/leap/failing sword/ect is on CD or it's a melee build without one of those).

So in a fit of boredom, I hoped on real quick before they shut down the servers. Loaded up the 70 barb, normal difficulty, and proceeded to work on Pink'd. Probably would have had it, if I didn't get distracted by a non-essential bounty and a non-essential cursed chest. I literally had nothing done for that achievement. Just had to kill Diablo and was able to get half way through the fight before getting booted. In hindsight, I realized it wasn't likely to get Diablo and probably should have unequipped my spectrum moged weapons, and just gotten the achievement for punching him. Pretty sure I can get both Pink'd and Punching Diable done when the servers are back up, I've got pets and paragon points to make up for missing weapons (haven't ever bothered to see if you can change gear around while in combat - pretty sure I can't).

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not sure if it invalidates achivements, but you can change gear when you are engaged with things. I switch in my arcane immune amulet on anything that's arcane enchanted for example.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    edited July 2014
    Pink'd, et al, achis only check for gear when the bosses die so wear whatever you want before that happens.
    Xeddicus wrote: »

[Darklight]

Well, I doubt it's "necessary" so.
    In the means of maximizing your output I'd say you're very wrong. Having one extra primary is a lot.

Panda4You on
    finally get an andys and strongarms on my wizbiz

lightning% with disint dmg and then strongarms was str

ffffffffffffffffffff

• SneakmanSneakman Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    finally get an andys and strongarms on my wizbiz

lightning% with disint dmg and then strongarms was str

ffffffffffffffffffff

Smrt loot.

So I've been running loot share rifts with all Crusader parties the last few days in the hopes of obtaining the last pieces of gear I need before I moving on to another character. So far I've given away 3 Akkhan helms, 1 Akkhan shoulders, 1 Akkhan boots, 1 Darklight, 1 Shard of Hate, 1 Switfmount and various other middling legendaries. What have I received in return?

Nothing. Not one item on my list. No Harrington Waistguard, no Blade of Prophecy, no nothing. I think I'm doing this wrong.

Diablo 3 | Sneakman#1625 | S9 Multishot Demon Hunter
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Can we talk about the console expansion in here or should I make a new thread? Now that it's a month away I'm trying to decide if I should just wait for the expansion to level up my old characters or just start it now.

Damn sneak, invite me along on your next crusading expedition

• TefTef Registered User regular
    Console version is cool. A mate and I might pick it up. Diablo is great for couch coop imo

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • SmoogySmoogy Registered User regular
    I really wish they'd somehow give everyone a couple free rerolls on items, to erase the enchanting mistakes we did in our noobish days. Still so angry I rolled away CDR on my Hellskull when I picked it up (on my WD, didn't have a crusader yet) - didn't realize how amazing CDR was for Crusaders. Bah!

Smoogy-1689
    3DS Friend Code: 1821-8991-4141
    PAD ID: 376,540,262

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    What exactly are Seasonal Legendaries? I googled the heck out of but all I can find are people complaining about how they aren't added yet.

Magic Pink wrote: »
    What exactly are Seasonal Legendaries? I googled the heck out of but all I can find are people complaining about how they aren't added yet.

They're legendaries that will only drop if you play a seasonal character during a season; after the season they'll be added to the normal drop pool. They're mostly nothing much to write home about though. AFAIK they are turned on for the PTR.
    New Seasonal Legendaries
    General
    Bottomless Potion of Rejuvination
    New Legendary Potion
    Restores 15% of your primary resource when used below 25% Life

Krelm's Buff Belt
    New Legendary Belt
    Grants a 20% Movement Speed bonus
    Taking damage causes you to lose this effect for 15 seconds

Krelm's Buff Bracers
    New Legendary Bracers
    Grant you immunity to Knockback and Stun effects

x1_FollowerItem_Legendary_03 (Name still TBD)
    New Legendary Follower item
    Equip on Follower: Reduces the cooldown of all Follower skills by 50%

Barbarian
    Remorseless
    New Legendary one-handed Mighty Weapon
    Grants Hammer of the Ancients a 25-30% chance to summon an Ancient for 20 seconds

Crusader
    P1_CruShield_norm_unique_01(Name still TBD)
    New Legendary Crusader Shield
    Removes the cooldown of Condemn
    Condemn now costs 40 Wrath

Demon Hunter
    Leonine Bow of Hashir
    New Legendary Bow
    Grants Bola Shot a 15-20% chance on explosion to pull in all enemies within 24 yards

Monk
    Alabaster Gloves
    New Legendary Gloves
    Increases the duration of Sweeping Wind to 1 minute

Witch Doctor
    Seasonal Legendary not yet implemented

Wizard
    p1_Wand_norm_unique_01(Name still TBD)
    New Wand
    Removes the cooldown of Teleport
    Teleport now costs 25 Arcane Power

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    New legendaries that only drop for seasonal characters.

At the end of the season, those items will be added to the drop tables for non-seasonal characters as well.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Maledict66Maledict66 Registered User regular
    I know it's been said before, but as the primary reason for people to play in seasons those legendaries are utterly awful. Incredibly dull all round - also why they made the wizard legendary a wand given what its competitions with in that slot is beyond me. No doubt using the same logic they will make the WD legendary a helm...

• TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    The crusader shield is amazing with the flail. It basically makes you look like a shitty version of a wand of woh wizard

Bless your heart.
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    Maledict66 wrote: »
    I know it's been said before, but as the primary reason for people to play in seasons those legendaries are utterly awful. Incredibly dull all round - also why they made the wizard legendary a wand given what its competitions with in that slot is beyond me. No doubt using the same logic they will make the WD legendary a helm...

I like the crusader one. I'd wanted to make a build that would let me spam Condemn over and over.

The monk one is absolute garbage (as usual) and the designer of that item should feel bad.

the seasonal items seem to reflect the current balance between the classes

wd's will probably be an offhand that turns your dogs into another fetish army, and if you have tall mans into a giant fetish

The Crusader shield would be awesome with a BoP.

Eh, BoP-Condemn was so heavily nerfed wasn't it? It can only trigger three explosions at max or something like that now? And 40 wrath is a lot, mskrd it hard to spam willy-nilly.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Eh, BoP-Condemn was so heavily nerfed wasn't it? It can only trigger three explosions at max or something like that now? And 40 wrath is a lot, mskrd it hard to spam willy-nilly.

Condemn is 1160% weapon damage, BoP causes it to hit twice for 2320% within 15 yards with some options. Condemn has no cast time animation.

Holy wrath is 960% in a long line, x3 with holy shotgun for up to 2880% damage in a small area. Holy wrath has a timed animation similar to a basic attack.

You'd probably kill a boss faster at close range hitting it with all three holy wrath beams, but condemn might clear out standard rifts faster. The no-time investment in condemn is a notch in its favor esp. when you need to move to dodge shit.

edited July 2014

It was always like that (like literally videos going back to release showing a hard cap of 2 extra explosions, 3 total). It'd basically be a holy shotgun variant.

3cl1ps3 on
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Damn sneak, invite me along on your next crusading expedition

Will do. I've found 3 and a half Akkhan sets in about 80 hours, along with every 2-handed flail and most of the 1-handers (just need Gyrfalcon and Inviolable Faith), as well as every shield (aside from Akkarat's Awakening, which sucks anyway).

I really want to find a Blade of Prophecy so I have a reason to farm the seasonal legendary shield. Despite getting multiple 2-handed swords every day I have yet to find one. It's not especially rare either, same 9.9% chance to drop as any other 2-handed sword. I was in a party with a guy who found a great one the other night, but he was really under geared and the weapon was quite the upgrade for him.

Also, what happened to the Amazonian Parma shield? I thought that was a seasonal legendary as well, but it's not on that list. That's the one I really want as the Lord Commander build with Phalanx Bowmen will be absolutely insane with that shield plus T&T and the new Eternal Union.

• kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    Ah, I was thinking worst case with BoP'd condemn — fighting 1 monster. It'd be 3480% weapon damage a lot of the time, dealt in venn diagram format.

The shield/sword combo will be sought after for sure. I know it's what my new ladder sader will want. Full Akkhan's and no BoP ) :

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Amazonian Parma is a new item for all modes, as is a new crossbow that gradually buffs Rapid Fire damage

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    edited July 2014
    Amazonian Parma is a new item for all modes, as is a new crossbow that gradually buffs Rapid Fire damage

Awesome. Gonna dump all my shards into getting it as soon as 2.1 launches.

40 wrath is the same as Fires of Heaven, so if you can do a shotgun build then switching over shouldn't be too difficult. Plus Condemn doesn't have a cast animation, so you can cast as it as you're spamming a wrath generator. I'm thinking Punish with the new Angel Hair Braid that enables all runes might be an interesting choice. Throw on some Depth Diggers and the Simplicity's Strength legendary gem for increased Punish damage and this could be pretty effective.

Sneakman on
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

I think there's a fire rune that would let you use cindercoat to bring down the cost somewhat.

The real question is how multiple spam casts of Condemn with runes other than Unleashed would work. Would it reset the timer? Do nothing (effectively giving it a 3 second cooldown)? Multiple casts stack?

as is a new crossbow that gradually buffs Rapid Fire damage
    This could turn it around for Demon Hunters!