As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]puter science

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I shall now give [Chat] a comprehensive list of things that cheese whiz belongs on

BEHOLD THE LIST

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    mazzy i am in the extreme northeast of longmont

Ugh that is kind of sucky.

There isn't much out there but houses.

Maybe a super market or two. So maybe a few banks to hit up.

Yeah out there you might need a car. That is a good distance from Longmont proper where most of the jobs you probably want are.

But also means if you have a car you get North Denver suburbs really easily but Boulder is harder.

So Northglenn, Commerce, Westminster and such will be in distance to travel by car. But actually you are close enough for a commute to Loveland which should have some jobs as well.

What will suck is out in that part of the burbs RTD will probably be sucky.

thankfully there is a shopping center (big grocery store, starbucks, sub shop, pharmacy, a few other things) less than a mile from me

then there are a fair number of places within say a 15 minute bike ride

but yeah most of main street (except the very northern parts) is >15min on bike and so is stuff below say 10th ave

i dunno what is realistically achievable on bike because i haven't biked in forever plus not know density of businesses but

hopefully i can get by without a car at first

that would be cool

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    15 min on bike is nbd chubert

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Philly cheese steak is synonymous with the whiz. Y'all try and front claiming artisinal locally sourced shaved kobe beef and fine, aged french cheese but I know when no one is looking you people eat from trash cans.

Look I'm not saying you basic if you get your cheesesteak wit

I'm just saying your choices imply that you are

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    I like my cheese steaks with queso instead of cheese and carnitas instead of steak and a tortilla shell instead of bread and maybe some rice, lettuce, and jalapenos I don't know.

Sensible substitutions.

• Options
    get some fucking inline skates they'll get you where you need to go and you'll look cool doing it

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    rRZjUTR.png

the self-loathing is real

That mass of bright orange un-cheese is not appetizing but mostly I just like spiders.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    Philly cheese steak is synonymous with the whiz. Y'all try and front claiming artisinal locally sourced shaved kobe beef and fine, aged french cheese but I know when no one is looking you people eat from trash cans.

it may be synonymous outside of philly. it's a pretty goofy perception. i have worked at philly pizzerias (where normal people order their food- people who live here do not drive to pat's or geno's for steaks that'd be dumb) and basically everyone orders with american, provolone, or sharp provolone. cheese whiz is like a 1/100 order except at the tourist places.

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    rRZjUTR.png

That mass of bright orange un-cheese is not appetizing but mostly I just like spiders.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

• Options
    rRZjUTR.png

just shoving spiders into your mouth, hand over fist, anytime my back is turned

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    I am reading the last book Tom Clancy wrote before he died.

It is very prescient. It's all about Russia helping foment nationalist anti-Russian activities in the Ukraine, to destabilize the country, then fomenting pro-Russian activities in the Crimea, and then slipping in soldiers to pretend to be local militia, all so they can steal the Crimea.

The book has actually happened!

Now I'm just waiting for the overt Russian invasion of Estonia.

Tom Clancy served on Putin's war council, confirmed.

I feel like it's more likely he was killed because he knew too much.

Probably had a polonium sandwich (pologna sandwich?).

That is an event in the novel, too, so it probably happened IRL.

Maybe the book where Spain splits into six pieces will come true next, and all the nerds of the world will start calling their desktops " 'puters".

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    mazzy i am in the extreme northeast of longmont

Ugh that is kind of sucky.

There isn't much out there but houses.

Maybe a super market or two. So maybe a few banks to hit up.

Yeah out there you might need a car. That is a good distance from Longmont proper where most of the jobs you probably want are.

But also means if you have a car you get North Denver suburbs really easily but Boulder is harder.

So Northglenn, Commerce, Westminster and such will be in distance to travel by car. But actually you are close enough for a commute to Loveland which should have some jobs as well.

What will suck is out in that part of the burbs RTD will probably be sucky.

thankfully there is a shopping center (big grocery store, starbucks, sub shop, pharmacy, a few other things) less than a mile from me

then there are a fair number of places within say a 15 minute bike ride

but yeah most of main street (except the very northern parts) is >15min on bike and so is stuff below say 10th ave

i dunno what is realistically achievable on bike because i haven't biked in forever plus not know density of businesses but

hopefully i can get by without a car at first

that would be cool

Oh Longmont isn't really dense at all.

It is a pretty standard plains suburb. Big roads and such. Not sure how much has the bike paths. Fort Collins and Loveland most of the main roads do.

Like after being to Philly you are going to have a mind blowing experience how big even the small side roads are. Like they are huge.

Most of the Front Range (Colorado Springs to Fort Collins) was built up in the last 30 years. So it is really wide and not super dense at all. The older parts of Denver though are much more dense.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Mim wrote: »
    BtRaiBMCMAA6Btf.jpg

GRRM, American or BUST.

This is why people ask him about his health.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    sky's blue again

hasn't been dark for five hours, even

ftOqU21.png
  • Options

it may be synonymous outside of philly. it's a pretty goofy perception. i have worked at philly pizzerias (where normal people order their food- people who live here do not drive to pat's or geno's for steaks that'd be dumb) and basically everyone orders with american, provolone, or sharp provolone. cheese whiz is like a 1/100 order except at the tourist places.

and yet it is delicious

so to turn your own argument against you

who cares what authentic people in philly authentically eat

I like my cheese steaks with whiz suck mah dick I'm a shark

• Options
    cheese whiz is so gross. the kind of queso that is spicy i can find p appealing. but bright orange 'cheese whiz' is disgusting. not even like, i'll eat it when i'm self loathing sort of way. it's like the mcrib. it doesn't taste good and is not a guilty treat. it's just horrible to eat.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    how could you eat that shit?

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    I imagine the 15 minutes on a bike might become an issue in a few months tho

• Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I like my cheese steaks with queso instead of cheese and carnitas instead of steak and a tortilla shell instead of bread and maybe some rice, lettuce, and jalapenos I don't know.

You've got a severe lack of beans there, bucko

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Mostly when I see anything specified as philly cheese steak vs just cheese steak it implies peppers and onions

dunno why, I don't know of anywhere down here that serves them with whiz

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options

or jim's on south street.

seriously they have a line going around the corner. That place isn't good.

• Options
    peppers/onion/cheddar

• Options
    Watching look alike/sing alike show.

The Yui one was actually way hotter than Yui.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I don't know what is left to do in Philadelphia if you take away the cheesesteaks.

You can't skate by on just the Liberty Bell!

• Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

I am, at some level, heartened by this but as it does not fit my preset narrative I am forced to ignore it.

• Options
    I don't know what is left to do in Philadelphia if you take away the cheesesteaks.

you can however, skip philly entirely.

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    I'd like GRRM to be the special celebrity to talk during the Republican convention in 2016.

• Options
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Mostly when I see anything specified as philly cheese steak vs just cheese steak it implies peppers and onions

dunno why, I don't know of anywhere down here that serves them with whiz

almost no one gets peppers, either (in the sense that i almost always see it used in like baltimore or dc or w-e; green bell peppers)

if you're an old italian person you get a cheesesteak with sharp provolone, maybe onions, maybe long hots, no condiments

if you're a normal person who lives in philly and isn't 100 or obsessed with tourist shit you get american or provolone or sharp provolone which is better than regular provolone, you may get onions, peppers of any kind are p uncommon, some people get ketchup or mayo some don't

this last category is like 95% of all cheesesteaks consumed here not because it's some machismo authenticity (that'd be more the old italian thing) but because it is what people like

cheese whiz is horrible, it tastes bad

• Options
    Cheese steak?

There is a place in CO that does them with green chilis and that shit is delicious.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    peppers/onion/cheddar

Cheddar is even less of an option than Whiz
    No it's not. I'm sorry cheddar. I didn't mean to hurt you. You're better than Whiz. Still below Provolone though

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    GRRM is from Philly? That explains why those books are so damn dark.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

rocky_steps.jpg

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Delmain wrote: »

You've got a severe lack of beans there, bucko

Beans are a filler protein for when your taqueria won't put in enough meat.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Even when I hated myself and didn't understand food I turned my nose up at cheese whiz.

skippy sharks have a very short lifespan and also get confused by electromagnetic changes maybe this cheese whiz thing is just that tyou're sitting too close to your monitor

• Options
    Trace wrote: »
    I'd like GRRM to be the special celebrity to talk during the Republican convention in 2016.

I want them to bring back the empty chair.

• Options
    GRRM is from Philly? That explains why those books are so damn dark.

No, he's from Jersey

• Options

we have pretzels

food trucks

the gayborhood

we have a lot to live for!

so much to do to forget that we have a shitty job market and outlandish gun crimes!

WE'RE HAPPY DAMMIT!

( please save us, we're so scared)

• Options

I am, at some level, heartened by this but as it does not fit my preset narrative I am forced to ignore it.

On a similar note, I am sticking with my preconceived notion that Roswell, NM attracts more tourists than Philly.

• Options
    Beans if done right are delicious!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    Even when I hated myself and didn't understand food I turned my nose up at cheese whiz.

skippy sharks have a very short lifespan and also get confused by electromagnetic changes maybe this cheese whiz thing is just that tyou're sitting too close to your monitor

i will drink 3 gallons of coke while jamming cow tales up my dickhole, i don't think this is a nose-turned-up thing

for me this is not about 'it doesn't look like real food' or 'how can that be digestible' or any sort of food philosophy

it just tastes bad in a way that nothing so calorically dense should

This discussion has been closed.