As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Prime Pinny Predictions - 2014 set now revealed!

124»

Posts

  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not exactly a Blam, but..

    YiGlQhO.png

    COME ON PEOPLE!!

  • AyefkayAyefkay Queensland, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Not exactly a PINNY pin either!

    My PinnyPals Digital Lanyard: Now Up to date! https://pinnypals.com/pals/Ayefkay

    8fuuo_RK.png
  • fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    Yes, I'm saying that's the one they should make GOD DAMNED IT AFK YOU MAKE ME SO MAD SOMETIMES!!

    fishfishmonkeyhat on
  • darkinferodarkinfero BOP-IT Malden, MARegistered User regular
    https://guidebook.com/guide/24122/maps/
    Pins logo on booths.
    Study it.

    My Pin collection
    signature_zpsna6t17lm.png
    Pinny Pal since PAX Prime 2013
    Frostbyte
  • BrewtiConBrewtiCon Registered User regular
    Haha "study it". Right... Well. Actually... I'm... I'm gonna study it.

    Take a look at my pins
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    So what's everyone's initial gameplan?

    I think my first stop is going to be the merch booth on Friday morning to queue up, get the Prime set and 10th Anniversary pin. It might make sense to get all the Bandland pins too right afterwards, since I'd be too late to queue up in a line for something else.

    If the expo hall opens at 10, I imagine that the merch booth also opens at 10... unless they open earlier just because. Thoughts?

  • thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    SerpicoBC wrote: »
    So what's everyone's initial gameplan?

    I think my first stop is going to be the merch booth on Friday morning to queue up, get the Prime set and 10th Anniversary pin. It might make sense to get all the Bandland pins too right afterwards, since I'd be too late to queue up in a line for something else.

    If the expo hall opens at 10, I imagine that the merch booth also opens at 10... unless they open earlier just because. Thoughts?

    That's kind of what I did at East. This time, I'm thinking I'll go to demo the smaller games (Moonrise, Don't Starve, etc) after the Merch Booth instead of Bandland. I don't think the Bandland pins ever sell out too quickly, so I think I can wait a little while on them.

  • BekerBeker Child's Play Program Director SeattleRegistered User, Penny Arcade Staff regular
    SerpicoBC wrote: »

    If the expo hall opens at 10, I imagine that the merch booth also opens at 10... unless they open earlier just because. Thoughts?

    Merch booth often opens earlier than 10, usually 9ish? Since people will start streaming past it at and even lining up at 8am when the outside doors open I think Brian likes to close some of those sales and get them on their way before the big opening at 10.

    -Beker/Erick
    zx6ak2M.png
  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    SerpicoBC wrote: »

    If the expo hall opens at 10, I imagine that the merch booth also opens at 10... unless they open earlier just because. Thoughts?

    Merch booth often opens earlier than 10, usually 9ish? Since people will start streaming past it at and even lining up at 8am when the outside doors open I think Brian likes to close some of those sales and get them on their way before the big opening at 10.

    That is exceedingly good to know. I don't remember what time it opened last year. I do remember doing plenty of milling around before the Expo Hall opened. But I wasn't sure how much.

  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    They definitely opened the merch booth earlier than 10, since I was in the queue for at least a half hour before hitting the expo hall (hungover, but it was still done!)

    And at East I was out of the upstairs merch booth line with just enough time to make it in the expo hall line too, so there's that. I think when the line is capped they try to get it going.

  • PedroAsaniPedroAsani Brotherhood of the Squirrel [Prime]Registered User regular
    Beker wrote: »
    SerpicoBC wrote: »

    If the expo hall opens at 10, I imagine that the merch booth also opens at 10... unless they open earlier just because. Thoughts?

    Merch booth often opens earlier than 10, usually 9ish? Since people will start streaming past it at and even lining up at 8am when the outside doors open I think Brian likes to close some of those sales and get them on their way before the big opening at 10.

    Well at East they had a couple of teething problems with the system, so I imagine that he will run a few people through as trial sales before the "Official" opening. Those who are first in the queue (curse your eyes for beating me there) double check prices carefully, you are the guinea pig for us all.

  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    PedroAsani wrote: »
    Beker wrote: »
    SerpicoBC wrote: »

    If the expo hall opens at 10, I imagine that the merch booth also opens at 10... unless they open earlier just because. Thoughts?

    Merch booth often opens earlier than 10, usually 9ish? Since people will start streaming past it at and even lining up at 8am when the outside doors open I think Brian likes to close some of those sales and get them on their way before the big opening at 10.

    Well at East they had a couple of teething problems with the system, so I imagine that he will run a few people through as trial sales before the "Official" opening. Those who are first in the queue (curse your eyes for beating me there) double check prices carefully, you are the guinea pig for us all.

    Yes and then when you find an error in the pricing as I did with the 10th Aniv. Pin, Brian comes to you and gives you his pin for being said guinea pig. xD.

    Plus, we beat you there and then you kinda lined jumped for bacon. So you shouldn't curse us being at the front, but thanking us for getting into the line outside at 5 am. ;)

  • Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    What time are you guys gonna get in line? How was it at East? Like for the merch booth.

    Spy112 on
  • 00Fayt0000Fayt00 Registered User regular
    Spy112 wrote: »
    What time are you guys gonna get in line? How was it at East?

    WE were in line everyday between 5-6 am. We were the first ones in the merch booth line everyday also I believe. For Prime, I'm guessing my group and I will be there just as earlier if not earlier since 1. If there are again 1200 10th aniv pins there will be less each day and 2. I feel like more people will be lining up before the doors open at Prime then there was at East.

    GethdarkinferoSpy112
  • Spy112Spy112 VancouverRegistered User regular
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Spy112 wrote: »
    What time are you guys gonna get in line? How was it at East?

    WE were in line everyday between 5-6 am. We were the first ones in the merch booth line everyday also I believe. For Prime, I'm guessing my group and I will be there just as earlier if not earlier since 1. If there are again 1200 10th aniv pins there will be less each day and 2. I feel like more people will be lining up before the doors open at Prime then there was at East.

    Oh wow good thing I asked, I was thinking about 8 or later. Well, I will see you guys in line then. Gonna be hard to wake up the guys to come with me haha.

  • SerpicoBCSerpicoBC Registered User regular
    I think I'll be in line at like 8:30. If I don't get it on the first day, so be it.

    Shadowscars22
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2014
    The Prime Pin Quest PDF has been posted!

    http://penny-arcade.com/pinny-arcade/news-post/pax-prime-2014-pin-quest

    May the pin gods have mercy on our souls

    TheAggroCraig on
    FrostbyteQumaden
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Spy112 wrote: »
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Spy112 wrote: »
    What time are you guys gonna get in line? How was it at East?

    WE were in line everyday between 5-6 am. We were the first ones in the merch booth line everyday also I believe. For Prime, I'm guessing my group and I will be there just as earlier if not earlier since 1. If there are again 1200 10th aniv pins there will be less each day and 2. I feel like more people will be lining up before the doors open at Prime then there was at East.

    Oh wow good thing I asked, I was thinking about 8 or later. Well, I will see you guys in line then. Gonna be hard to wake up the guys to come with me haha.

    I got to East right around 8AM, waited in line for the Expo merch booth and still managed to get my 10th Anniversary pins easily on Friday.

    Clix
  • ClixClix This guy I know Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    Spy112 wrote: »
    00Fayt00 wrote: »
    Spy112 wrote: »
    What time are you guys gonna get in line? How was it at East?

    WE were in line everyday between 5-6 am. We were the first ones in the merch booth line everyday also I believe. For Prime, I'm guessing my group and I will be there just as earlier if not earlier since 1. If there are again 1200 10th aniv pins there will be less each day and 2. I feel like more people will be lining up before the doors open at Prime then there was at East.

    Oh wow good thing I asked, I was thinking about 8 or later. Well, I will see you guys in line then. Gonna be hard to wake up the guys to come with me haha.

    I got to East right around 8AM, waited in line for the Expo merch booth and still managed to get my 10th Anniversary pins easily on Friday.

    Same for me, but also the line for the lobby merch booth was capped shortly after I got into it. And each following day seemed to get even harder to get limited pins. So I suggest locking down your LE pins on day one.

  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Still don't know exactly how to get the pins though, right?

    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere, but it's my first pax and I just want to be sure... The merch booth is accessible before the expo hall doors open/outside the expo hall?

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • DiffusionDiffusion Pin Cushion OmahaRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere, but it's my first pax and I just want to be sure... The merch booth is accessible before the expo hall doors open/outside the expo hall?

    The hall opens at 10, but the queue room opens up at 8, with the merch booth in the area from where they check your badges to the queue room. You can line up for the merch booth then, with it tending to open sometime round 9-930.

    Everyone's favorite "Bag of Pinny", Proud member of The Pin Cushions, Prinny hat pinster.

    My pins are right here!
    Feel free to send me a trade request!
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Diffusion wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »
    I'm sure this was mentioned somewhere, but it's my first pax and I just want to be sure... The merch booth is accessible before the expo hall doors open/outside the expo hall?

    The hall opens at 10, but the queue room opens up at 8, with the merch booth in the area from where they check your badges to the queue room. You can line up for the merch booth then, with it tending to open sometime round 9-930.

    Awesome! Thanks for the info.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
Sign In or Register to comment.