As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Eyes up, Guardians. Our adventure begins!

• Options
    InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    InkSplat wrote: »
    nusu wrote: »
    We're going to the moon for 2 hours on Sat.

http://www.bungie.net/en/News/News?aid=11963

Those guardians went to the moon!

Will definitely be looking for a group to go take on that mission at 5pm EST sharp.

Just hit up the Gunsmith via Vita remote play to get the green auto rifle he's selling in preparation for tomorrow. I rolled with an auto rifle in alpha and have been using a scout rifle primarily in the beta... Still haven't decided what suits me best.

While I love me some autorifle, the fact my Pulse Rifle grants me grenade energy on kills is just too hard to give up right now, ha.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I wonder how different the classes really play... I've just been a warlock, but I shoot men in the head and they die. Sometimes I throw a grenade or a spirit bomb at them.

Been wondering the same. Should I spend the time to play one of every class during beta?

It can't hurt. I went in thinking I'd play Warlock from the start for the cool glowy abilities, but the feeling of punching dudes in the face sold me on the Titan.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    As a hunter I never minded the interceptor. You had to deal with the first (your team had it own then) and a second spawn, maybe a third. I'd just save my golden gun for killing it without breaking a sweat. I also sniped someone off it on vs and stole it and we had two. That was an unfair game

616610-1.png
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'd give each of the classes a try. It's all gonna disappear anyway you might as well see if the others are a better fit.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular

Will definitely be looking for a group to go take on that mission at 5pm EST sharp.

Just hit up the Gunsmith via Vita remote play to get the green auto rifle he's selling in preparation for tomorrow. I rolled with an auto rifle in alpha and have been using a scout rifle primarily in the beta... Still haven't decided what suits me best.

While I love me some autorifle, the fact my Pulse Rifle grants me grenade energy on kills is just too hard to give up right now, ha.

Pulse rifle is one weapon that I just can't get into. Well, that and hand cannon, I guess, but I actually would try rocking a hand cannon if I found a really good one. But they'll almost certainly get tweaked before launch, because right now they're just scout rifles with no range, no capacity, and atrocious reload speed.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular

Was this posted in here? The moon mission will open for two hours tomorrow.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Really wish they said which two hours.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

They do: Starts Saturday, July 26th at 2:00 PM PDT.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    so how many of hte iron banner bounties do you need to complete?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Crayon wrote: »

They do: Starts Saturday, July 26th at 2:00 PM PDT.

Was that somewhere other than that article? Because I clearly see how you can draw that inference but it is not explicitly stated. I'm a little leery because they've said elsewhere that the "special reward" thing was a four hour window.

• Options

For the purchasables you're just looking for rep. You get rep from playing in the playlist, not sure of the formula but I was getting like 25 per a match. You need 150 (?) for the first unlock. Completing a bounty will add like 100/150 to that total so they're probably essential to the "Higher than 1st" level things.

• Options
    It says that it starts at that time...in the article, no "inference" at all.

• Options

For the purchasables you're just looking for rep. You get rep from playing in the playlist, not sure of the formula but I was getting like 25 per a match. You need 150 (?) for the first unlock. Completing a bounty will add like 100/150 to that total so they're probably essential to the "Higher than 1st" level things.

Event's actually over. Took a break to watch TV and eat and the bounties and event are gone.

Not that it matters since I'm putting up some pathetic numbers in this game's pvp. just not clicking atm.

• Options

Event's actually over. Took a break to watch TV and eat and the bounties and event are gone.

Not that it matters since I'm putting up some pathetic numbers in this game's pvp. just not clicking atm.

It'll be back in an hour or so.

Have to admit, last time I unlocked the swanky hunter cloak and this time I'm just not worry about it.

• Options
    lol, I dunno if I want to go to the crucible.

Also that AoE explosion melee death bomb thing and then AoE super bombs really make my Hunter knife and super gun feel lame. :|

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Got owned in the Crucible. Thing I need better guns. Halfway to level 8 and have done everything the beta lets me do except a locked moon mission. How do you get that?

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'll be honest, while I like the changes to the way the Interceptor plays I'm not sure I like that they are making it only one per map. Just seems more likely to end up creating very one-sided matches. At least before if a team was destroying with an Interceptor you had the opportunity for your team to have one of their own. Now that map will just be camping the vehicle spawn.
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Got owned in the Crucible. Thing I need better guns. Halfway to level 8 and have done everything the beta lets me do except a locked moon mission. How do you get that?

Its only open for a couple hours tomorrow, during the Saturday event starting at 2 pm PT.

Raynaga on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    Alright, just booted it up and made a blue-skinned female, because why not?

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Alright, just booted it up and made a blue-skinned female, because why not?

nod nod

welcome

find ye a sniper rifle

for they are civilization

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    Prepared to get wrecked in iron banner if you are not 8 with a level 8 weapon and some armor.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Pulse rifle is one weapon that I just can't get into. Well, that and hand cannon, I guess, but I actually would try rocking a hand cannon if I found a really good one. But they'll almost certainly get tweaked before launch, because right now they're just scout rifles with no range, no capacity, and atrocious reload speed.

I found a pulse rifle that fires in full auto. It changed my mind on how I feel about pulse rifles.

• Options
    ObiFett wrote: »

I found a pulse rifle that fires in full auto. It changed my mind on how I feel about pulse rifles.

Oh, I meant those negative words w/r/t the hand cannon, if that wasn't clear. But yes, I think a full auto pulse rifle would probably change my mind about pulse rifles.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I actually found an auto rifle with the damage of a pulse rifle, and superior stability. It's kinda funny.

• Options
    RaynagaRaynaga Registered User regular
    I echo the previous sentiments regarding the Mars map. Nodes B and C are way, way too close together. Once your team gets those two nodes the other team gets locked out unless your team has complete idiots on it. I've been on both sides of it now, and as the team that had them it was ridiculously easy and as the team that didn't it was basically impossible.

• Options
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    I actually found an auto rifle with the damage of a pulse rifle, and superior stability. It's kinda funny.

The stat bars aren't able to be compared directly across weapon varieties. They're useful to compare the same class of weapon, but just because a autorifle has a bigger stability bar doesn't mean it's actually more stable than a Pulse Rifle--the base numbers for the weapon play a part as well.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Hand Cannons are awful. I tried to use one in Iron Banner and it's lol you can't get off your 2nd shot before an auto rifle kills you at longer range.

Everyone is using auto rifles. I guess I need to go find like... a green weapon... or something.

do you just get good weapons by running the strike over and over? i've only done it once

OnTheLastCastle on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Ugh. So bad at PvP today.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Hand Cannons are awful. I tried to use one in Iron Banner and it's lol you can't get off your 2nd shot before an auto rifle kills you at longer range.

Everyone is using auto rifles. I guess I need to go find like... a green weapon... or something.

do you just get good weapons by running the strike over and over? i've only done it once

If your hand cannon is white, then it's not just the fact that it's a hand cannon that was your problem.

Green weapons can be bought from the gunsmith or Cryptarch, or just found in chests or by running the strike or story missions.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Etiowsa wrote: »

The stat bars aren't able to be compared directly across weapon varieties. They're useful to compare the same class of weapon, but just because a autorifle has a bigger stability bar doesn't mean it's actually more stable than a Pulse Rifle--the base numbers for the weapon play a part as well.

But it actually is more stable than my pulse rifle. The thing is a fucking laser. I get less recoil out of an entire auto clip than I do from one burst.

• Options
    My handcannon is green. It is by far the best weapon I have. It's 49 attack and has all upgrades.

• Options

I do open world questing, pvp and make sure to check the vendor every refresh.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

I do open world questing, pvp and make sure to check the vendor every refresh.

You can check the vendor's offerings through the mobile app, too, if you have that. Super useful.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm sorry @CarbonFire‌. I was a scrub. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    I'm sorry @CarbonFire‌. I was a scrub. :(

No worries man, you did fine considering we got the short end of the MP stick several times tonight.

Also, it really, REALLY helps to have this gun in the Iron Banner:

D54rxMr.jpg

Won some straight up 1v2s with that fast-firing beauty. <3

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    Ugh. So bad at PvP today.

Me forever. If I pick up this game, it will not be for the PvP, that much I can tell.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I am enjoying PVP but certain weapons feel a little too powerful. The high level purple laser Special (Fusion or Charge?) deals a fuckload of damage, like takes you down to half of your last bar of health. The moon map can be dominated by a coordinated team using snipers and rifles, camping the rooftops. Handcannons need a buff, though maybe rarer guns have better stats/clip size. I would be okay with throwing knife being a one hit kill, since it takes fucking forever to recharge.
    Also, Control needs to be balanced so kills are worth less. We had a game where we controlled most of the points the whole match but they out-killed us and won by points. That feels crappy, to throw yourself at an objective but still lose.

• Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    So what's the deal with the Exo/Awoken? Are they just human offshoots or their own species?

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    MrMiscreantMrMiscreant Mean motor scooter Hiding in the back seat of your carRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I dunno. Small groups running some point capture with arena-style ammo.... The movement in Destiny is BLAND AS FUCK, especially when you take into account that Gears of War was years ago, Brink was awhile back, and Titanfall exists. There's no interesting use of cover, no alternate movement styles, veeeery old school vehicle interactions...

I just don't get it. What were they thinking was the big draw?

We have double jumps, jet packs, and gliding; that's not counting the triple jumps, blink strikes, invisibility, and teleportation we don't have access to, and who knows what else.

LIVE: CitizenZero
    PSN: CitizenXero
    NNID: TheFennec
  • Options
    CaptainNemoCaptainNemo Registered User regular
    I do find it kind of funny that the exact same animations are used to load shotguns in both Halo and Destiny.

PSN:CaptainNemo1138
    Shitty Tumblr:lighthouse1138.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Several maps tonight on moon, guy just ran around with a tank and carried his entire team while we held all the points at most times. He had a 4k/d with like 33 kills and they ended up winning with time. It was kind of silly. I didnt think the tank was that bad until tonight.

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.