As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I HEAR THE [CHAT] ECHOING TONIGHT

• Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I fantasize about a grand internet tribunal that punishes the wicked of the internet.

Like, catdoglover144, did you indeed post a stupid comment on a youtube thread on June 15th, 2014?
    Fifty lashes and a mandatory social reprogramming!

Benita Hallaway, were you responsible for a navel-gazing listicle titled "20 Things Wasted White Girls Can't Live Without"?
    Immediate redaction and 10 days deleting bot comments from the internet.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Bogart wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I'm reviewing GotG for a local culture website. I'm going to love the movie and then slate it in print JUST BECAUSE.

Again, I get where you are coming from, but this is a thing that is done in both directions. It's a fundamental part of clickbait. Be contrary or outlandish to get hits.

I keed. I will be amazed beyond words if I don't love every fucking minute of it. I'm certainly looking forward to a big, fun space adventure with lasers and aliens and spaceships and everything.

It looks fun so I hope it will be fun

I am hoping that it won't be trying too hard to be funny, missing, and ending up in "forced unfunny zany" and then I will not be able to stand watching it

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    "20 Things Wasted White Girls Can't Live Without"?
    clickclickclickclick

Elendil on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I'm reviewing GotG for a local culture website. I'm going to love the movie and then slate it in print JUST BECAUSE.

Again, I get where you are coming from, but this is a thing that is done in both directions. It's a fundamental part of clickbait. Be contrary or outlandish to get hits.

I keed. I will be amazed beyond words if I don't love every fucking minute of it. I'm certainly looking forward to a big, fun space adventure with lasers and aliens and spaceships and everything.

I am hoping that it won't be trying too hard to be funny, missing, and ending up in "forced unfunny zany" and then I will not be able to stand watching it

It's always possible that all of the funny bits are in the trailer but it does appear to get the spirit of funny right, and Chris Pratt does have some solid comedy chops.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    How do I explain to my friend that being a 24 year old with 9 grand in the bank doesn't make her poor and that when she says she has no money to me it is insulting?

Staple your latest bank statement to her hand

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've been looking forward to this movie since the Ooga Chaka trailer came out. And Peter Serafinowicz saying 'a-holes'.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    You guys I should have gone to this festival instead it sounds way more conscious

http://blogs.westword.com/backbeat/2014/07/gathering_of_juggalos_quote.php

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    TL DR wrote: »
    I would like to clarify that I was not criticizing the use of or dependence on medicine, psychiatric or otherwise.

Oh, I didnt think you were. It just spurred a topic that I apparently have things to say about! :P

• Options
    Thomamelas wrote: »

It's always possible that all of the funny bits are in the trailer but it does appear to get the spirit of funny right, and Chris Pratt does have some solid comedy chops.

chris pratt is great that is true

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    I've been looking forward to this movie since the Ooga Chaka trailer came out. And Peter Serafinowicz saying 'a-holes'.

I love the music box middle finger bit. I know it's juvenile but it cracks me up everytime it's popped up in the trailer.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I would love to go to The Gathering

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I told one intake nurse about some of the things that have happened in my life and how I have guilt issues surrounding them and she said, "Well yes, it sounds like you have a lot to feel guilty about."

And then I spoke to the psychiatrist and it was a lot more constructive.

Yes lady, I am aware my feelings of guilt are justified, it is the way I deal with guilt and how it affects my ongoing relationships with people that is the problem. Walking on eggshells my entire life because I did a bad thing once is not a healthy way to live!

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Chris Pratt is too nice of a person

french braidin' hair

charming

ripped

he's ruining it for the rest of us slobs

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »
    I told one intake nurse about some of the things that have happened in my life and how I have guilt issues surrounding them and she said, "Well yes, it sounds like you have a lot to feel guilty about."

Yes lady, I am aware my feelings of guilt are justified, it is the way I deal with guilt and how it affects my ongoing relationships with people that is the problem. Walking on eggshells my entire life because I did a bad thing once is not a healthy way to live!

Jesus

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I love the music box middle finger bit. I know it's juvenile but it cracks me up everytime it's popped up in the trailer.

i just love chris pratt

waifu material

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Rhesus, do you fancy a beer at some point? It strikes me that you're also serving time in Cambridge and I keep missing Bogart 's boardgames

I will be around this weekend

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options

Jesus

helo that is me

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

I fucking knew it. All this fancy talk of becoming a stand up comic and really you're just a clown.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    "If you got in my face, I'd shoot you right here with the gun in my pocket. You wouldn't even see it coming. And then you know what I'd do? I'd drink a beer. And feel no emotion at all."

- A normal-looking 61-year-old man seated in a lawn chair in the parking lot. It was his seventh year at the Gathering, which he drives his son to and then waits in the lot. He has never once stepped foot inside.

• Options
    I saw Chris Pratt's butt once.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    I feel like those farmers are fucking with that dude and had chocolate before.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Rhesus, do you fancy a beer at some point? It strikes me that you're also serving time in Cambridge and I keep missing Bogart 's boardgames

Most of us who've met Mojo still have most of our fingers.

• Options

Jesus

The mental health care system can be hit and miss, but I've been fortunate enough to speak to some world-class psychiatrists.

And I've met some interesting nurses / social workers / psychologists along the way. :P

• Options
    "If you got in my face, I'd shoot you right here with the gun in my pocket. You wouldn't even see it coming. And then you know what I'd do? I'd drink a beer. And feel no emotion at all."

- A normal-looking 61-year-old man seated in a lawn chair in the parking lot. It was his seventh year at the Gathering, which he drives his son to and then waits in the lot. He has never once stepped foot inside.

Seven years being outside the Gathering, shuddering at the thought of what lies inside.

Men have broken after less.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    How do I explain to my friend that being a 24 year old with 9 grand in the bank doesn't make her poor and that when she says she has no money to me it is insulting?

Well you can say "no, I have no money. You have money."

not that I'd entirely agree that just 9 grand in the bank makes you not-poor but that's with my CoL in mind I have no idea what it's like where you are

We are in Ohio. It is cheap.

I mean she's not in the lap of luxury but as a professional poor I am flabbergasted.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    evilbob wrote: »

I fucking knew it. All this fancy talk of becoming a stand up comic and really you're just a clown.

Matt McCarthy has a bit about when he performed at The Gathering and it sounds terrifying

I'd just be a spectator

• Options
    That reminds me @Kalkino check your damn diary for boardgames.

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular

note that he didn't say anything about toes

• Options

Seven years being outside the Gathering, shuddering at the thought of what lies inside.

Men have broken after less.

A bottle of Faygo gives him a thousand yard stare....

• Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    simonwolf wrote: »

french braidin' hair

charming

ripped

he does ginger right

**looks hard at simon**

Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    actually I have no idea what Gathering you are talking about since it kinda sounds like it can't be The Gathering and you are also far from any juggalo so it being the gathering of the juggalos also sounds odd

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options

note that he didn't say anything about toes

Who can resist the taste of a succulent big toe?

Liars, that's who.

• Options
    edited July 2014
    actually I have no idea what Gathering you are talking about since it kinda sounds like it can't be The Gathering

The Gathering of the Juggalos. But man, I wonder if I could sell them all swords and convince them there can be only one....

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

1) recognize that her problems are legitimate to her and it's really hard for you to give someone perspective (vs them developing it organically over a long period of their own observations)

2) if after respecting her difficulties she doesn't reciprocate the decency by trying and be more tactful, stop talking about money/stop hanging out with her

i can't imagine it's a good idea to try to force feed someone perspective

some people won't get along if they're in different phases of their life

That is true.

I guess I can't imagine having 9 grand so I find that crazy wild.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Spiro has actually been kind of helpful with my anxiety, and I am getting more of it today.

Not sure if that is helping due to hormonal things, or if it is because I almost certainly have hypertension, or both.

I'm hopefully going endo-hunting soon in a few months, and it's at least at a phase now where it's just this accepted thing that's going to happen. Things have been getting a lot better on that front recently.

• Options
    Irond Will wrote: »

french braidin' hair

charming

ripped

he does ginger right

**looks hard at simon**

I feel like you Americans have an exceedingly different definition of what constitutes red hair than people do here

because Chris Pratt's hair is brown, brujo

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    Neco wrote: »
    Spiro has actually been kind of helpful with my anxiety, and I am getting more of it today.

Not sure if that is helping due to hormonal things, or if it is because I almost certainly have hypertension, or both.

I'm hopefully going endo-hunting soon in a few months, and it's at least at a phase now where it's just this accepted thing that's going to happen. Things have been getting a lot better on that front recently.

Yay that is so awesome!
    <3

• Options
    edited July 2014
    The Gathering is a big annual lan party in Norway, you see.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    Come on page 101.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
This discussion has been closed.