GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    kRUO3RF.jpg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular

holy shit that is the most amazing image ever skippy

USA! USA! USA!

• Options
    The eagle's forehead looks like a blue strawberry.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2014

AHAHAHAHA!
    Some estimates showed it had just been downloaded just 84 times at a cost of $0.99.
    Rolling in dough.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Man the backlash on Destiny is amazing.

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I'm not at all interested in Destiny because master race but idgi why people hate it

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

wat u meen

i thot it was kind of inevitable that there would be no way it could possibly live up to absurd expectations + all the gameplay footage showed no really innovative mechanix

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

I've heard nothing but positive things from the $500 million game.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    wat u meen

i that ho over there it was kind

schex pls

• Options
    I'm not at all interested in Destiny because master race but idgi why people hate it

Well Bungie has been super secretive about it but its not Halo we DONT know what to expect so people wanted more clarification.

Like up until about 6 weeks ago-ish we didn't even know the way the game was structured, and that was only revealed because one of the designers went on Neogaf to explain because people were like "WTF is Destiny?"

• Options
    emnmnme wrote: »

$500m 10 year franchise

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    My parents had an actual argument for arguing with me being impossible:

not about random things, they're in the wrong there and they acknowledged that - because yeah, I get "urgh stop arguing all the time" and I never say that in return, which is why them arguing with me had been so annoying - the hypocrisy, or just being blind to their own actions

but when we're discussing what I should do to make things work going forward, I'll take the argument on irrelevant tangents about the internal logic of one of their statements or whatever, not because i'm threating the discussion for discussion's sake, but because I fundamentally disagree with them - their solutions does not work because they don't understand the problem - and explaining the problem is too frustrating to try so I, in frustration, get an outlet for my disagreement through that

(also as an aside: no, I do not do that here. Here I discuss for discussion's sake. We don't have any discussions about things this important where there is such a lack of understanding or such a problem of explanation of the problem.)

Me and mom had a talk about the problem. Oh, to be less vague: depression. Explaining why shit doesn't work for me. It's not that I don't have enough time, so that's why their suggestions about what I should spend less time on to have more time for studies are met with counterarguments that aren't actually addressing anything they're saying. It's not this or that or this and that.

It was a good talk but, it was also a talk we've had a few times before. I start off saying man I don't want to try to explain anymore it's too frustrating, discussion goes on I get calmer and less frustrated and talk openly but I realize that the conversation's the same and I suspect I will have it again. If that bit of pessimism proves true, next time I get a suggestion that maybe stop working at Hulen so I'll have enough time I will not bother to have another go at explaining, but I will be better and say no, your suggestions are founded on faulty understanding, stop.

Aaanyway. That was actually kind of not the main bit of the talk which was at the start.

Which was: I'm going to join Andy in driving back to Bergen tomorrow. Because I've been here long enough.

And then followed a long explanation of not so much why the dinner argument was the straw that broke the camel's back, but why all the other straws were there.

Essentially, I do not enjoy being here. It is frustrating and annoying and I stay for as long as I can take it, which has been less and less. And this summer, it's only three days. The reverse "do you argue with your friends that way": do you talk like this to any other adult? Do you tell any other adult what to do, or do you ask?

No, was the answer that wasn't said. As in, they didn't argue. An argument punching through and "winning" like that would probably have felt satisfying - or at least cathartic - if I was at all emotional about it, but I was not.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    i love my wriggly <3

• Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular

$500m 10 year franchise

if you took that seriously that's your own fault

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
  • Options
    Trace wrote: »

$500m 10 year franchise

if you took that seriously that's your own fault

Shenmue bankrupted Sega.

• Options
    So basically, I told my parents that being with them is terrible for me and that this time I'm just going to not bother and leave, because I am finally, finally done with not liking the way I am treated and talked to. Instead of just enduring I am just leaving.

This is not a fun thing to hear as parents. Probably worse so when they think I'm right in what I am saying.

So now I have very very sad parents.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    v2DWm.jpg?1

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    hahaha gim

You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Eugh, I'm losing keys on my Laptop. Backspace broke last week, I just had to pry off the v cause it was sticking, and now it won't click back into place. :I

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    So basically, I told my parents that being with them is terrible for me and that this time I'm just going to not bother and leave, because I am finally, finally done with not liking the way I am treated and talked to. Instead of just enduring I am just leaving.

This is not a fun thing to hear as parents. Probably worse so when they think I'm right in what I am saying.

So now I have very very sad parents.
    Hey, plus side you are going to be on the water so you can get out of anything.

Oh, I can't make it there. I'm in the middle of the god damn North Sea.

• Options
    ECSaQ.jpg

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    abd u should use your free healthcare and see a therapist also per haps it might help

what good is free healthcare if not to use it

poo
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i am paying a 30 dollar copay!

poo
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    I went to four comedy shows today for free

I got to see David O'Doherty, Neal Brennan, Eddie Pepitone and some hit and miss Irish comedians

It was a good day

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    abd u should use your free healthcare and see a therapist also per haps it might help

Does Norwegian health care cover therapists?

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    hello friends

• Options
    Tav wrote: »
    I went to four comedy shows today for free

I got to see David O'Doherty, Neal Brennan, Eddie Pepitone and some hit and miss Irish comedians

It was a good day

How was Pepitone?

• Options

Therapist for depression is something I've considered. I will get one the moment I feel myself slipping this semester.

This is something else. This is me being finally, after years, done with being told that I must do something. Everyone but you treats me like adults treat adults. Everyone but you.

So that's why I'm not going to stay and endure it - because of course I can't just say that I "can't take being here" and leave, can I? No, endure it a while longer, leave saying I'm bored here or something.

But I can do that so I am which is why my parents were in tears and I sit there with no expression.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Therapist for depression is something I've considered. I will get one the moment I feel myself slipping this semester.

This is something else. This is me being finally, after years, done with being told that I must do something. Everyone but you treats me like adults treat adults. Everyone but you.

So that's why I'm not going to stay and endure it - because of course I can't just say that I "can't take being here" and leave, can I? No, endure it a while longer, leave saying I'm bored here or something.

But I can do that so I am which is why my parents were in tears and I sit there with no expression.

I thought your parents paid for your apartment and stuff

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    I would get a therapist beforehand honestly.

It is so much easier to call Dr X who you've met before than it is to actually make a first appointment, especially when you're depressed.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Rise of Nations is p fun y'all.

• Options
    Also um

I might have genocided a group of people.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Also um

hey

you know

that happens sometimes

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Alright, back from vacation!
    @Elldren‌ @Shivahn‌ I'm availble for Borderlands 2 again, just tell me where I need to grind to before the next game.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

Does Norwegian health care cover therapists?

Same deal as with doctors. Goes under the same deductible.

(so if you've already spent the $324.7 that is the deductible, at your doctor, or on prescriptions, or the hospital, the psychologist is free. That's the total you have to spend of your own money per year for all of these.)

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Also um

hey

you know

that happens sometimes

The important thing is that you tried to wipe out the genetically inferiors

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »
    Also um

hey

you know

that happens sometimes

FWIW I was not the first person to genocide.

That honor goes to whoever wiped out Germany.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    yeah opting to wait is a bad idea i think

unless it would put you in super dire financial straits, seems like a therapist (and potentially medication) is a no-brainer, given how much trouble you've had with stuff in the past

and also given how depression can often mask itself such that 'as soon as i notice a problem' is a tenuous benchmark

This discussion has been closed.